• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
One thing is for sure now though.

Yacht Club Games being former Wayforward employees makes so much more sense now.

They saw ''See You in Smash" and took that **** as a challenge to top it. One way or another.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So could I have been wrong again about Shovel Knight? And what does this mean for the chance of potential regional third-party characters? Or of this is regional overall?
If SK is the only ballot character, it would be a huge middle finger to their Japanese audience. I'd feel they'd have to go the extra mile to pick another region favorite character. Which at the end of the day would puzzle me as to why they didn't pick a universally liked character, like K Rool, Dee, Dixie, or Snake.

So could I have been wrong again about Shovel Knight? And what does this mean for the chance of potential regional third-party characters? Or of this is regional overall?
We have absolutely no idea until Shovel Knight is or is not confirmed.
I'm gonna have to add a rule in the ToS that forbids you from using photoshop aren't I
That would likely be best for all of us. Don't want me ripping a tear in the space-time continuum again. . .

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
i personally think were getting 4 characters a Vet,A Us Pick(Shovel knight),Japan pick(Bandanna dee),Europe pick(layton,rayman,etc) just sounds nice
I think the four characters will be Wolf, Shovel Knight, Bandana Dee, and Dixie. Also, Shovel Knight is the one that tons voted for, but no one expected.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
One thing is for sure now though.

Yacht Club Games being former Wayforward employees makes so much more sense now.

They saw ''See You in Smash" and took that **** as a challenge to top it. One way or another.
If SK is real, a part of me really wants to see an image of Shovel Knight with Mario, Link, Sonic, Pikachu, Mega Man, Kirby, Samus, Pac Man waving to Shantae with the caption "Seeing you from Smash"

Yes I'm evil, that's how I got the grey banner.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
If SK is the only ballot character, it would be a huge middle finger to their Japanese audience. I'd feel they'd have to go the extra mile to pick another region favorite character. Which at the end of the day would puzzle me as to why they didn't pick a universally liked character, like K Rool, Dee, Dixie, or Snake.
We know there isn't only one ballot character. Sakurai confirmed we're getting several characters "for the fans".

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So here's a question.

Do you think some characters will be helped by the ballot outside of smash bros?

So here's a question.

Do you think some characters will be helped by the ballot outside of smash bros?
Absolutely. When Nintendo sees a buttload of votes for characters like Waluigi and Daisy and many more I am almost certain they will see some characters are more popular than they thought and use them more.

Maybe it will help Isaac get a new game :p

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Can't blame Yacht Club Games... how many other times will we see a popular game with a ballot to suggest whatever Nintendo-related video game character? If I had a company as successful as YCG, I'd be eager to play with and tease the fans. In the end it's just playful teasing no matter what happens :p

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
We know there isn't only one ballot character. Sakurai confirmed we're getting several characters "for the fans".
But he never said they were specifically going to be chosen from the ballot. Many believe Wolf is on the way, and if so, it will be hard to believe he was voted in over being preselected. Besides, "fan service" is a very loose term and could apply to all the DLC thats been currently released.

Neo Zero

You know.

I wonder if Wolf is going to be the new Mewtwo. That character everyone thought "well of course he's going to come back" but then doesn't until the next game, being the headliner DLC released first.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You know.

I wonder if Wolf is going to be the new Mewtwo. That character everyone thought "well of course he's going to come back" but then doesn't until the next game, being the headliner DLC released first.
All I know is this, Project M HD is going to fix that issue. Get ready for the return of Wolf via hacking.

Operation: Beowulf

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
But he never said they were specifically going to be chosen from the ballot. Many believe Wolf is on the way, and if so, it will be hard to believe he was voted in over being preselected. Besides, "fan service" is a very loose term and could apply to all the DLC thats been currently released.
Why would they have a ballot where hundreds of characters would be pitched and specify there will be multiple characters in the future if they would literally pick one from that ballot? (especially when we know it's not just a popularity contest, but a suggestion box. We know it's not going to be "top character wins" already.)

Also Lucas, Roy and Ryu were not part of the "fan service". He said they were planned to be in and there will be "only several more characters" and that everyone after them will be specifically who the fans are asking for. It doesn't apply at all to the DLC that's currently released because he said it after them as a "ok that's it in terms of personal preference, everything from here on is what the fans are asking for"

Maybe other characters might fall under that, but you also have to realize there would be no proof that other characters weren't from the ballot. Wolf, Dixie, K Rool, etc are all characters that are probably flooding that ballot already for months. The only way we could say there's only one ballot character is if we literally only got one more character in general. That's all.
Edit: We know we're getting multiple characters. Even if you don't believe Wolf is ballot-related, there are still thousands of people asking on the ballot for him to be put back in. If we literally only got Wolf and Shovel Knight, you could still be skeptical but most people would still think it was ballot-related.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
You know.

Wasn't Mewtwo cut due to time restrains? If DLC is a thing this time, and if the likes of Roy and Lucas was highly wanted to return, what excuse can they have to keep Wolf from returning?

Neo Zero

All I know is this, Project M HD is going to fix that issue. Get ready for the return of Wolf via hacking.

As long as I can enjoy Sm4sh Minus first before we get Project M HD all up over the Smashboards. Maybe we can get @vaanrose to get Sami playable in that.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord

I'd expect Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake and Ice Climbers to return if that project takes off (according to my buddy, his team had no plans.....but that was months ago so maybe). Its been taking forever to get Lyn and Knuckles out. And even longer before Isaac and Sami come.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Say, to pass the time, how about a new discussion?

What's your favorite moment in any video game? This could be a certain scene, Easter egg, etc. I'll start with one of my favorites:
( Warning Story spoiler Ahead) Mystery Dungeon Explorers of sky

Talk about late replies, I took a long time to write all of this
Choosing one is hard, so I'll list all of my favorites in no specific order
1-N's Castle(B/W)
Everything about this part is great
You just defeated the E4 and are about to face agaisnt the Champion, but wait, what? You were too slow and N has already defeated Alder, and then he summons a GIANT ****ING CASTLE out of nowhere and it's your job to stop him
The Castle itself is beautiful for a DS game and has some great music on top of it all
You even get help from all the Gym Leaders(that you care about)
Then, when uou enter N's Throne Room, he summons ****ing Reshiram/Zekrom and is about to kick your ass
But suddenly, your stone starts to glow and Zekrom/Reshiram appears, you catch it and the battle with N starts and it opens with a Dragon vs. Dragon fight
I could describe the fight but I think I've gone too far already
2-Operation 006-B and C(The Wonderful 101)
This level marks both the reveal of Red's past and Blue's character development
How Red's father was killed by Laambo and how he sacrificed himself to save him and Emeritus
It is then that Blue realises that Red put the mission's priorities before some personal revenge showing that his role as Wonder Red far outweights any sort of hatred he might have had
This finally makes Blue realise how much of an asshole he is and respect Red as his leader
And the Operation ends with the fight with Vijounne, with Blue finally being able to get his revenge
3-Vs. Magus and North Cape(Chrono Trigger)
The first fight with Magus has one of the best setups in the game
The party thinks he is the responsible for Lavos existence and Frog must defeat him to avenge his fallen master, Cyrus.
You cut a mountain in half, break into his castle, defeat a samurai, a uhh... mage and an obese demon cheating ******* and finally reach his room.
And when the battle begins, and the musoc starts playing, you know you're up for some serious ****
Magus is no pushover, he has 6666 HP(yes, this was intentional), all elements of magic spells, a changing barrier and his most devastating attack, Dark Hole.
And after you beat him, a time gate opens and sucks the ENTIRE CASTLE into it, leaving Magus back in the Dark Ages and the party at the Prehistory.
Fastforward to after the Black Bird's events, Crono is dead, yadda yadda, you get it
You find Magus at the North Cape where he mocks Crono, angering the party and you're given two options, fight him, and if Frog is in the party, the battle becomes a 1v1No Items. Fox Only. North Cape.
Or not kill him, in which case he'll join your party and HOLY CRAP LOOK AT THOSE POWERFUL MAGIC SPELLS aaaand I'm out of TP
4-The 5th Stratum(Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl)
Or how it's better known: "The Lost Shinjuku"
Despite the name, I'm referring to a specific part of the 5th Stratum
Though it's a little spoilerific
The scenery and music are already great to begin with, and it's quite a surprise to find out the Labyrinth is over an apocalyptic version of our world
But then, as you're crossing from one building to another, you find both Ren and Tlachtga, Visil's right-hand women, blocking your passage.
The ones that have helped you throughout your journey, have received orders to kill anyone that tried to venture through the Labyrinth's 5th Stratum and find out its secrets
None of either side wants to fight, but they can't disobey Visil and you and your party need to proceed to destroy the Core.
The battle is unique in that they are the only human bosses in the game, not only getting their own theme but also an unique battle background, something not even the two final bosses have
Ren is a Ronin, which means hard hitting attacks and Tlachtga is a Hexer which means she'll **** you up in various different ways.
I would also like to note that the fight takes place on top of a tree trunk that is connecting two skyscrapers
Sorry for quality, this is the best video I could find of the Untold battle

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

@TrackerTD made a fun little "How I did it" for Sega Carnival. It's so funny to me how some of it is so obvious and yet so much went into it. =P

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Wasn't Mewtwo cut due to time restrains? If DLC is a thing this time, and if the likes of Roy and Lucas was highly wanted to return, what excuse can they have to keep Wolf from returning?
Wasn't Wolf beating Roy in most polls as a wanted returning veteran anyway? I'm pretty sure Lucas and Wolf were the top most requested veterans last year.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm going to go vote for Buffy for Smash DLC.

Sarah Michelle Gellar is going to wreck Mario's face. Just watch.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Why would they have a ballot where hundreds of characters would be pitched and specify there will be multiple characters in the future if they would literally pick one from that ballot? (especially when we know it's not just a popularity contest, but a suggestion box. We know it's not going to be "top character wins" already.)

Also Lucas, Roy and Ryu were not part of the "fan service". He said they were planned to be in and there will be "only several more characters" and that everyone after them will be specifically who the fans are asking for. It doesn't apply at all to the DLC that's currently released because he said it after them as a "ok that's it in terms of personal preference, everything from here on is what the fans are asking for"

Maybe other characters might fall under that, but you also have to realize there would be no proof that other characters weren't from the ballot. Wolf, Dixie, K Rool, etc are all characters that are probably flooding that ballot already for months. The only way we could say there's only one ballot character is if we literally only got one more character in general. That's all.
Edit: We know we're getting multiple characters. Even if you don't believe Wolf is ballot-related, there are still thousands of people asking on the ballot for him to be put back in. If we literally only got Wolf and Shovel Knight, you could still be skeptical but most people would still think it was ballot-related.
I think the obvious answer is: data for Smash 5. I'd say the data could be used for plenty of other aspects as well, such as amiibos, Mario Maker costumes, sequels to titles that have been in limbo, etc.

I pointed out a few days back, we have some evidence that only two characters are remaining, and my gut tells me one of them is Wolf. I hope I'm wrong as much as the next person, but keep in mind Sakurai said they can't keep the DLC team around too much longer, and we'll probably see the last of the DLC sooner than anticipated. I guess the best thing to do is expect at the very least two more characters, and wait and see if we all get surprised with more than expected.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Wasn't Wolf beating Roy in most polls as a wanted returning veteran anyway? I'm pretty sure Lucas and Wolf were the top most requested veterans last year.
And this is why I would really be wondering why would Wolf be gone for good this Smash when two vets either not or just closely requested than Wolf and they got in but not him... Idk, it is what it is, but I still find that weird...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Knuckles first fam.

Knuckles first :smirk:
Bro, we STILL waiting on Lyn and it's already confirmed that Waluigi and Skull Kid aren't coming.

As long as I can enjoy Sm4sh Minus first before we get Project M HD all up over the Smashboards. Maybe we can get @vaanrose to get Sami playable in that.
>Smash 4 Minus
>Mac and Robin buffed to the highest degree where they make Falcon and Ness look like crap

Sign me up.

Also we got over 70 people in this thread. They thirsty for that news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom