• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Can someone post just the render?
I can't watch the video right now
EDIT: never****ingmind
Eww... that render is terrible tbh
This thread should be renamed the Salty Suite! ;) lol.There's a reason I'm pessimistic about everything... I'm right most of the time, and happily wrong when something better than expected happens. Don't expect much, and you won't be disappointed as much!
Besides, if you're wrong, you get to eat a shoe
So there is no way you end up losing :awesome:

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's like they went with the mirrored styled like they did with Fox and Falco for Dixie

It's looks fine but not perfect as it should

D

Deleted member

The eyes in that render look really flat, like the lack of a lot of shading

This avi will last a single day before I have to change it to Dora from losing a bet. RIP
Not as good as bomberman or Rayman but probably my 3rd favorite. Plus I just like Dixie more than Rayman and Bomberman.

5 female avis in a row. Peope will start asking questions :p

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I'd just like to point out...

Once again Connor's Industry friend strikes again...

Mario Tennis on the 20th

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
*Watches newest Smashified*
Announcer Immitation: "Dix-E Kon"
Y'know, I really liked the old one used in Butt Butt's Smashified.
But that's just me. :drshrug:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So what happened in the few minutes phone died?

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Guys, I have a theory...

I'm actually Sakurai. I suffered severe memory loss and somehow that made me learn English or something.
The man that has been running Sora and Smash is an imposter, just like with Mega 64 and their Reggienator. His sinister plan is to finally get Goku and Shrek into Smash, and all the silence we have been through is a result of the complicated hoops they have needed to go through with both characters.
I must return to Japan before it is too late.
But it's just a theory.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The Dixie's Smashified art is legitimately one of their best pieces.

That pointy thumb on her left hand is really annoying though.

D

Deleted member

The problem is that it looks like a drawing
And that's not what the Smash 4 renders are supposed to be
This is like the Brawl fan renders that didn't also match the game's style

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Eh. The render is good but it does not scream at all "Look, Dixie's in Smash!".

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Guys, I have a theory...

I'm actually Sakurai. I suffered severe memory loss and somehow that made me learn English or something.
The man that has been running Sora and Smash is an imposter, just like with Mega 64 and their Reggienator. His sinister plan is to finally get Goku and Shrek into Smash, and all the silence we have been through is a result of the complicated hoops they have needed to go through with both characters.
I must return to Japan before it is too late.
But it's just a theory.
Okay I get it I should have noted everyone that it was a joke!

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Dixie turned out really well IMO. I think the main problem in the render is that she should have more hair sticking out from her arms and tail like Diddy's artwork

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
I think I'm a bit late to the Dixie party here, but I'm not a fan of the render. When you compare her to the other Kong's, she looks a bit too life-like I think...

It's still a nice render in general though, so props to them.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Pretty good Smashified, but the fur doesn't really look right. I dunno, it's like the Banjo one. Seems off.

Amazing music though.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If I had to criticize something about the art, it'd have to be the eyes. The shading and flat pupils makes them look like plastic. It's like she's a Muppet.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Nanomachines, son.
Hiroyuki Sawano. That is all.
I must admit I've been driven to watch certain anime series because of Sawano's music. :p

I admit I was deciding whether I would watch Aldnoah.Zero or not. I had seen the synopsis and it seemed fairly interesting. Did some more research and found out who was doing the music: Hiroyuki Sawano. And I was like "it's settled, I'm watching this now."

While it wasn't the greatest thing ever, it did introduce me to the mecha genre, which cemented my decision in watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Gode Geass.

And indirectly made me more hyped for Xenoblade X, because it's mecha with Sawano's music. Having played a lot of Xenoblade lately, XCX is a certain buy. Maybe I'll get the bundle with the Wii U, should it come here to Europe.

Anyway, I saw PushDustIn PushDustIn post that Smash server maintenance in Japan starts soon. Now to wait for the data miners... :p

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Point the good examples then.
For starters, parts of the Diddy Kong "render" still looks like a drawing. I feel they didn't hide enough of that, so it ended up not looking CGish enough in spots.

For example, the shirt looks a bit like a painting, and so does the hair in front of her face.

It's great fanart, but it doesn't feel like a render at times.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Dixie looks nice but yeah not really seeing the resemblance to a Smash 4 render (becomes more glaring when compared to Diddy).

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
The only thing particularly odd about the Dixie render is the lips and the fur (or maybe that's just me? I certainly feel it would be hard to reverse enginering how Diddy's were done), eyes aren't as bad as people say, it is almost as close as diddy's although with small differences on the distribution of the shade wich might put you off but Diddy's eyes dont look anymore real in comparison just somewhat softer, pupils bother me tho, they seem a bit too sharp on the definition in comparison to how Diddy's look and thus it looks unnatural when being looked at close up, rest seems fine enough and the mirroring poses seem like a neat touch.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I must admit I've been driven to watch certain anime series because of Sawano's music. :p

I admit I was deciding whether I would watch Aldnoah.Zero or not. I had seen the synopsis and it seemed fairly interesting. Did some more research and found out who was doing the music: Hiroyuki Sawano. And I was like "it's settled, I'm watching this now."

While it wasn't the greatest thing ever, it did introduce me to the mecha genre, which cemented my decision in watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Gode Geass.

And indirectly made me more hyped for Xenoblade X, because it's mecha with Sawano's music. Having played a lot of Xenoblade lately, XCX is a certain buy. Maybe I'll get the bundle with the Wii U, should it come here to Europe.

Anyway, I saw PushDustIn PushDustIn post that Smash server maintenance in Japan starts soon. Now to wait for the data miners... :p
Maintenance doesn't start for like another 9 hours or something.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Today is the last chance for something new.

Let's cling to hope.

And die from salt.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Dixie is miles better than isaac but bomberman was there last great/convincing one

Last edited by a moderator:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
You know the other day when I was away I got to play Smash Wii U's Demo version.
And this meant I got to play Pre-patch Diddy. And Pre-Patch Little Mac.
And you can really feel the nerf's that they have received over time.
On the subject of Dixie.
I am really hoping either Her of K Rool get into Smash.
I she get's in we get to have Team Hoo-Hah.
If Both got in I would be hysterical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom