• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Buff::4greninja::4myfriends::4littlemac::4marth::4peach::4samus::4zelda::4palutena::4pacman::4lucina::4robinm::4metaknight::4shulk::4bowserjr::4drmario::4falco::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4wiifit:

Nerf::4sheik::4villager::4luigi:

Throw into a Woodchipper::rosalina:
Villager doesn't need a nerf, he is only "broken" because of customs and even that is just people whining
Also, Diddy and Sonic need nerfs
Diddy is still a threat and Sonic's specials need to stop being so safe and comboing into literally everything
Also, put tou forgot to put :4zss: with Rosalina
So, I just recently started to replay Pokemon White 2. Before replaying it, I thought Gen 5 was meh at best.

I was SO wrong.

Things that caught my attention:

• In my first playthrough, I missed a lot of little details. Example: Bigger Pokemon cause an earthquake and a little dust-cloud to appear when sent out by a trainer.
  • I remembered the graphics being bad, but I actually thought it wasn't that bad for DS.
  • It's like 10x harder compared to X and Y (lost against first gym-leader, lol). I hope Z will be as hard as this.
  • THE SOUNDTRACK
LISTEN TO IT'S GLORY

(Used some of the Black / White 1 soundtrack here because I was too lazy to search up B/W 2's ost)

Compared to this, X/Y's ost is CHILD'S PLAY.
Warning: Gen 5 fanboyism incoming
Gen 5's OST is like if Chrono Trigger's ost and The Wonderful 101's ost had a baby and was raised by Fire Emblem's ost
The difficult was just right to me, BW had a perfect level curve and BW2 had some of the most challenging fights(Colress and Iris, specially on Challenge Mode)
I also, love some of the original concepts like what they did with the sequels, the gym music changing when the gym leader is down to one Pokemon, unique gym themes, etc
And the story and characters were one of the best in the entire series
Gym leaders were given roles besides just being random bosses, N is the most interesting character in the franchise imo, seeing characters develop between games and finally, Alder who is the single best Champion of all time
And of course, there were the new Pokemon, but Ivwould be here for more 20 minutes if I did so

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well I finally caught up. I see nothing new was announced, and that there is a very small chance of something in the next few hours. I am really doubting we'll get anything though.

As a side note, someone should ask yachtclubgames if they think tomorrow's update will be exciting.

I don't know how I should feel about this....

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I went to Encyclopedia Dramatica for Kamen Rider and was heavily shocked. The article's pretty tame, calling the Rider Kick 'pretty pimp' and not being as trollish as usual. Especially considering Sammyclassicsonicfan has an article there and it's ruthless

Ivander

Smash Legend
I come back to see 6 pages since I last saw this thread, not to mention it's gone from Shovel Knight to SMTxFE to anime talk with no mention of news other than Mario Tennis Ultra....are we just bored or are we just talking while waiting for the hype train to come?
Then again, I'd probably blow people's minds up if they knew which anime I like.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I come back to see 6 pages since I last saw this thread, not to mention it's gone from Shovel Knight to SMTxFE to anime talk with no mention of news other than Mario Tennis Ultra....are we just bored or are we just talking while waiting for the hype train to come?
Then again, I'd probably blow people's minds up if they knew which anime I like.
Blame the lack of info and mental deterioration.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Both, actually. :tired:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Apparently the japanese maintenance is starting sooner than ours.
i doubt it will be released however if the matinence comes out then your gonna be sure that ****s getting datamined

*edit*
just want to point out thats no censor dodging the site really just left out the s of its censorship

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Think the magazine might have been Terebii or something, I know they leak Rider stuff all the time. What Japanese media do you actually enjoy Push? You a Rider fan, Yokai Watch fan or fan of something so obscure we don't know? I'm curious.

His ability must be Worry Seed
I'm actually just a Nintendo fan. Source Gaming, and SmashBoards keep me very busy.

As for what other media I like...

I tend to go through phases (just like anything else. You might call it "my boom" in Japanese). I get REALLY into something for a short period of time, and then burn out of it. I watched all the House of Cards episodes, read a lot of interviews, gossip, etc in >1 week, while working full time and updating Source Gaming for example. I like some Japanese dramas (Denshi Otoko, Hana Yori Dango are some of my favorites). Don't really care for anime (but I have enjoyed Evangelion, Tengen Toppa, and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei). I don't really like Japanese TV as 90% of it is either cooking/eating, or traveling shows..or a combination.

But yeah...I tend to be very passionate about things for a short period of time. Last year I did a LOT of biking. I actually did over 100 KM in one day. Lately, I haven't been doing it because I've been so busy. Anyway, Nintendo is one of the few things that has kept my attention for a long time. I was playing Captain Rainbow, but I don't really have time to play video games lately. I also recently picked up the Zekkyo Senshi Sakeburein, so I'll see how that goes.

I love live music and concerts, but I live in the middle of nowhere so it makes it difficult to see. I like alternative rock.

Most of my friends in Japan are actually obsessed with playing darts, BBQs (hooray!) and consuming age appropriate beverages. Usually when we hang out, it's me making terrible Japanese puns and joking around.

Chrono.

Maintenance in Japan is now? Well I'll be.
Brace yourselves for a single stage :p
EDIT: I just saw Push's tweet, nvm

Last edited:

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
I'm actually just a Nintendo fan. Source Gaming, and SmashBoards keep me very busy.

As for what other media I like...

I tend to go through phases (just like anything else. You might call it "my boom" in Japanese). I get REALLY into something for a short period of time, and then burn out of it. I watched all the House of Cards episodes, read a lot of interviews, gossip, etc in >1 week, while working full time and updating Source Gaming for example. I like some Japanese dramas (Denshi Otoko, Hana Yori Dango are some of my favorites). Don't really care for anime (but I have enjoyed Evangelion, Tengen Toppa, and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei). I don't really like Japanese TV as 90% of it is either cooking/eating, or traveling shows..or a combination.

But yeah...I tend to be very passionate about things for a short period of time. Last year I did a LOT of biking. I actually did over 100 KM in one day. Lately, I haven't been doing it because I've been so busy. Anyway, Nintendo is one of the few things that has kept my attention for a long time. I was playing Captain Rainbow, but I don't really have time to play video games lately. I also recently picked up the Zekkyo Senshi Sakeburein, so I'll see how that goes.

I love live music and concerts, but I live in the middle of nowhere so it makes it difficult to see. I like alternative rock.

Most of my friends in Japan are actually obsessed with playing darts, BBQs (hooray!) and consuming age appropriate beverages. Usually when we hang out, it's me making terrible Japanese puns and joking around.
100... Kilometers??!?
WOW, my record is like 20 km, congrats on that.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Maintenance in Japan is now? Well I'll be.
Brace yourselves for a single stage :p
EDIT: I just saw Push's tweet, nvm
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/ja_JP/index.html

The Japanese maintenance is NOT UNTIL 2:30 PM Japan time. http://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/ja_JP/index.html… (Another 11 hours, 15 minutes from this post)

100... Kilometers??!?
WOW, my record is like 20 km, congrats on that.
Thanks! It's something I built up to. It'd be very difficult to do 100 KM in a day now though, don't think I could do it. I should also mention it was with a bike without gears.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Since there's been no character announcements at this point I'm going to just say

rip Wolf 2008-2015

Chrono.

Just when I thought we were free from hell.

At least I don't have classes tomorrow which means I can stay up for the Hype Train Crash.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Slightly Buff::4littlemac::4olimar::4samus::4wiifit::4zelda::4palutena::4shulk::4duckhunt::4gaw::4mewtwo:
Pre-patch Mac's Side B, better tracking on the Pikmin, Samus, WFT, Zelda, and Palutena still seems a tad underwhelming, Shulk needs some better frame data, DH needs his smashes to string together more reliably, G&W needs a bit more damage, and Mewtwo needs to be a bit heavier.

Slightly Nerf::4diddy::4fox::4luigi::4mario::4sheik::4sonic::4yoshi::4falcon::4wario::4feroy:
Diddy, Fox, Luigi, Mario, and Sheik all have stupid "bread & butter" combos that give like 50+%. In addition, they can force approaches with their projectiles and then go for the grabs which set up those combos. More endlag on their projectiles would be prime. Same for Yoshi- his eggs wall out everything and come out just a bit too fast. Sonic needs a bit more endlag on his specials. I'm not sure what i'd hit on Falcon, but he's still a tad too strong. Maybe just a few %s here and there. Bike comes out too fast- in Brawl he had to "look around" whenever it disappeared, that concept doesn't exist anymore and it should. Roy's sweetspots are too easy to hit with too much of a reward, tone them down a tad.

Woodchipper::rosalina::4zss::4ryu:
Luma, stun, and crumple are awful mechanics. Rosalina has too much priority and Luma too much health and returns too fast- 13 seconds isn't enough time to do much of anything. ZSS's boost kick kills stupid early and her recovery is too good, especially considering her weight. Focus Attack is way too good and Ryu's damage output is too high.

With all of that being said, I think the game balance is honestly pretty good. I would just give a tap to a few characters that really need it.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I think Wolf still has a chance to come back if there's an NX port of Smash Bros 4 along with Ice Climbers.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
gahhhh that layout is bugging the hell out of me with that empty space

why cant they center the stage
I actually wonder why they didn't put the stage up so you'd have two rows of three each for 6 stages now that I think about it....

Unless that's not possible for some reason...

Last edited:

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
tfw the maintance ends roughly one hour after I enter school tomorrow

WHY

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Just saying this is why we don't call characters shoo-ins your only gonna end disappointed
R.I.P wolf and other vets

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Guys!!! The Shovel Knight rumor was all a fraud, considering that the manufacturer for the Amiibo was Yacht Club Games, they must've told the retailers that it was compatible with Smash, and that Shovel Knight was coming, Tamaki's source was then informed of this, causing a fiasco to spring from it. And it was all done to wrack up last minute votes, and for publicity.

Edgejeripunk

Smash Cadet
But why the heck did they announce the friggin stage TWO weeks in advance then...

Sometimes I feel like decissions in Nintendo are made by tossing coins or something...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Guys!!! The Shovel Knight rumor was all a fraud, considering that the manufacturer for the Amiibo was Yacht Club Games, they must've told the retailers that it was compatible with Smash, and that Shovel Knight was coming, Tamaki's source was then informed of this, causing a fiasco to spring from it. And it was all done to wrack up last minute votes, and for publicity.
So what you are saying is Yacht Club Games pulled a ****ty move?

If Im reading this right?

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
This thread should be renamed the Salty Suite! ;) lol.There's a reason I'm pessimistic about everything... I'm right most of the time, and happily wrong when something better than expected happens. Don't expect much, and you won't be disappointed as much!

Chrono.

This is straw grasping to the maximum, seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom