• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Actually, I heard Go-Busters is going to be in Dino Force the same way that Saban did Gokaiger. Did Go-Busters really not do well? The American Sentai fanbase likes it. Kinda like Gaim, considered a masterpiece everywhere outside Japan
I'll look into that then.

And yeah, it did terribly rating-wise and toy sale-wise in Japan. So if it is popular among the Amerian Sentai fanbase, it may very well be a case like your example with Gaim.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
PushDustIn PushDustIn Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Anyway, it's about the file name of the images of the DLC stages on the official Smash website. stage1.jpg is Dream Land 64, stage2.jpg is Hyrule Castle 64, stage3.jpg is Peach's Castle 64. Super Mario Maker is stage5.jpg.

They're ordered per wave and alphabetically. Suzaku Castle isn't counted because it's bundled with Ryu.
That's essentially it. The stage layout in the Mario Maker video might also indicate an additional stage is incoming as it's ordered

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'll look into that then.

And yeah, it did terribly rating-wise and toy sale-wise in Japan. So if it is popular among the Amerian Sentai fanbase, it may very well be a case like your example with Gaim.
Gaim only did well when it was still relatively lighthearted, wish is a shame as Urubutcher really shines with his excellent writing. However, Gaim's toys were really popular, and Gaim did get lots of promotional stuff afterwards, the Gaim Gaiden movies and more movie exclusive riders than usually. Drive did well from what I hear and Toei's already pushing the hell out of Ghost

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
That's essentially it. The stage layout in the Mario Maker video might also indicate an additional stage is incoming as it's ordered
gahhhh that layout is bugging the hell out of me with that empty space

why cant they center the stage

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Pokémon butts 4 smash dlc :troll:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The Pokemon butt merchandise is really cute. I'm tempted to pick up the Pikachu mug. It's very much targeted towards the Japanese market, it'll sell like hotcakes here. Speaking of the Pikachu in a Charizard costume, I saw that yesterday. I really wanted the Pikachu in a Snorlax plushie though.

I went to the Pokemon store last week, and had several awkward experiences with the costumers. There was a bingo game going on, and I asked a random guy what prizes there were and he just stared at me. I then said it differently (in case he didn't understand my Japanese) but he continued to stare at me. Later, a different guy REALLY wanted to be my 3DS friend, and demanded we trade Pokemon.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Is the anime talk still going on?
And of course, you have masterpieces like Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note and Parasyte. Those are easily the top 3 anime/manga series I've had the pleasure to watch.
You said about Death Note... have you ever tried Code Geass ?
The two shows have similar settings, and I yet have to find someone who watched both until the end and preffers Death Note.
I mean... DN is good too.
And I've never watched Parasyte.It's a shonem ?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The Pokemon butt merchandise is really cute. I'm tempted to pick up the Pikachu mug. It's very much targeted towards the Japanese market, it'll sell like hotcakes here. Speaking of the Pikachu in a Charizard costume, I saw that yesterday. I really wanted the Pikachu in a Snorlax plushie though.

I went to the Pokemon store last week, and had several awkward experiences with the costumers. There was a bingo game going on, and I asked a random guy what prizes there were and he just stared at me. I then said it differently (in case he didn't understand my Japanese) but he continued to stare at me. Later, a different guy REALLY wanted to be my 3DS friend, and demanded we trade Pokemon.
Oh Japan, failing to socialize like what anime artists and their fanservice make me believe! In all honestly, it's still cool that you guys have Pokemon centres. You also get dead guys transforming into Beethoven and Isaac Newton. Bleh. Me Jelly

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

I think the dude was just trying to use Mean Look.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I just use the site. I dont have the time to go across state to DC just to go to a store

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Pokémon butts 4 smash dlc :troll:
You can already zoom on any character's arse in the game. :p

Go to the trophy gallery and you can see HD booty on the Wii U version or 3D booty on the 3DS version. :troll:

#BuffJigglypuff2015
#NerfZelda2015 :troll:

You said about Death Note... have you ever tried Code Geass ?
The two shows have similar settings, and I yet have to find someone who watched both until the end and preffers Death Note.
I mean... DN is good too.
And I've never watched Parasyte.It's a shonem ?
Code Geass is also among my favorites. It's kinda similar to Death Note, I agree.

Parasyte is seinen. There's some action, but it's a more serious series. It's more of a horror series than anything. It has body horror and some gore and a somewhat disturbing premise. A really good series nonetheless.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Even if it looks like we won't be getting more content at least get hyped for a potential balance patch.
Samus will become top tier, I know it.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Buff::4greninja::4myfriends::4littlemac::4marth::4peach::4samus::4zelda::4palutena::4pacman::4lucina::4robinm::4metaknight::4shulk::4bowserjr::4drmario::4falco::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4wiifit:

Nerf::4sheik::4villager::4luigi:

Throw into a Woodchipper::rosalina:
I agree in the biggest portion of it but... (I'm all in with the buff train.)
Buff Metaknight just a bit more and we will have MK as a top tier again.I really think that is how good he is now.
Top 10, quite probably.
Also, others characters would must be nerfed before Villager...
Pikachu,Zero Suit Samus, Sonic... I mean... Even Diddy still a bigger threat than Villager.
I assume if they make reasonable buffs, the nerfs are just not needed.(Needles are kind of stupid anyway).

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
PushDustIn PushDustIn you're a teacher, right? Do any of the students nerd out at times and if so, what's popular there that isn't popular here? I'm also curious if Sentai is more popular than Kamen Rider. If they are young kids you could even pretend you're magical and 'predict' doubutsu sentai jyuuranger or whatever the trademark had

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
So, I just recently started to replay Pokemon White 2. Before replaying it, I thought Gen 5 was meh at best.

I was SO wrong.

Things that caught my attention:

• In my first playthrough, I missed a lot of little details. Example: Bigger Pokemon cause an earthquake and a little dust-cloud to appear when sent out by a trainer.
  • I remembered the graphics being bad, but I actually thought it wasn't that bad for DS.
  • It's like 10x harder compared to X and Y (lost against first gym-leader, lol). I hope Z will be as hard as this.
  • THE SOUNDTRACK
LISTEN TO IT'S GLORY

(Used some of the Black / White 1 soundtrack here because I was too lazy to search up B/W 2's ost)

Compared to this, X/Y's ost is CHILD'S PLAY.

Last edited:
So, I just recently started to replay Pokemon White 2. Before replaying it, I thought Gen 5 was meh at best.

I was SO wrong.

• In my first playthrough, I missed a lot of little details. Example: Bigger Pokemon cause an earthquake and a little dust-cloud to appear when sent out by a trainer.
  • I remembered the graphics being bad, but I actually thought it wasn't that bad for DS.
  • It's like 10x harder compared to X and Y (lost against first gym-leader, lol). I hope Z will be as hard as this.
  • THE SOUNDTRACK
LISTEN TO IT'S GLORY

(Used some of the Black / White 1 soundtrack here because I was too lazy to search up B/W 2's ost)

B/W is my favorite pokemon game. Team Plasma is my favorite evil team. VS team Plasma is my favorite theme in the series. I did not know that B/W made a new version for the new game and made it so much better. Straight onto the music playlist. TY

Last edited:

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
Found a bunch of Dr Mario amiibo at a couple of Target stores, yesterday. Not sure how rare they are, so I thought to give you all the heads up.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
PushDustIn PushDustIn you're a teacher, right? Do any of the students nerd out at times and if so, what's popular there that isn't popular here? I'm also curious if Sentai is more popular than Kamen Rider. If they are young kids you could even pretend you're magical and 'predict' doubutsu sentai jyuuranger or whatever the trademark had
So while I've been in Japan; I've actually had two jobs. The first was an after school teacher, where I taught the same group of kids every day for 1.5-3 hours a day. The one I'm currently doing is an Eikaiwa style job, which is where I teach different kids every day, for only an hour. So I knew the kids in my previous job a lot better, as I saw them everyday. That being said, both jobs were mainly with kindergarten kids.

I have some kids who love Kamen Rider, One of them has brought a magazine about Kamen Rider in before (at least I think it was fully focused on Kamen Rider).

I actually have two kids in my current job that are obsessed over Smash Brothers! One of them used to come in every week and asked if I unlocked one of the unlockable characters or stages. Both kids only play the 3DS version, and I've played both of them.

Yokai Watch is very popular! I see a lot of watches, medallions and games. It's dying down a bit, but I'm sure it'll pick up again when the new game releases.

I think the dude was just trying to use Mean Look.
It wasn't a mean look, it was more of "oh god, someones talking to me. What do I do?" look.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Think the magazine might have been Terebii or something, I know they leak Rider stuff all the time. What Japanese media do you actually enjoy Push? You a Rider fan, Yokai Watch fan or fan of something so obscure we don't know? I'm curious.

His ability must be Worry Seed
So while I've been in Japan; I've actually had two jobs. The first was an after school teacher, where I taught the same group of kids every day for 1.5-3 hours a day. The one I'm currently doing is an Eikaiwa style job, which is where I teach different kids every day, for only an hour. So I knew the kids in my previous job a lot better, as I saw them everyday. That being said, both jobs were mainly with kindergarten kids.

I have some kids who love Kamen Rider, One of them has brought a magazine about Kamen Rider in before (at least I think it was fully focused on Kamen Rider).

I actually have two kids in my current job that are obsessed over Smash Brothers! One of them used to come in every week and asked if I unlocked one of the unlockable characters or stages. Both kids only play the 3DS version, and I've played both of them.

Yokai Watch is very popular! I see a lot of watches, medallions and games. It's dying down a bit, but I'm sure it'll pick up again when the new game releases.

It wasn't a mean look, it was more of "oh god, someones talking to me. What do I do?" look.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Found a bunch of Dr Mario amiibo at a couple of Target stores, yesterday. Not sure how rare they are, so I thought to give you all the heads up.
Same here. I went in hoping they'd have one so I could finally get my Doc amiibo. I went the day after they were released. I was surprised to see about 8 of them. Target isn't the most popular store, and I guess Doc isn't the most popular character, but really? I also found 3 Olimar amiibos at a local Wal-Mart. Guess this latest wave isn't as elusive as the previous ones (or people in my area just don't care).

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Same here. I went in hoping they'd have one so I could finally get my Doc amiibo. I went the day after they were released. I was surprised to see about 8 of them. Target isn't the most popular store, and I guess Doc isn't the most popular character, but really? I also found 3 Olimar amiibos at a local Wal-Mart. Guess this latest wave isn't as elusive as the previous ones (or people in my area just don't care).
I found 16 of the bundles at my gamestop the other day too

I was SO wrong.

• THE SOUNDTRACK
LISTEN TO IT'S GLORY

Wait... Thats not Sinnoh. boooo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom