• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Key to wacthing harem is to not take it seriously and enjoy a fun rom-com
I do but it's really bad as one.

Although Infinite Stratos isn't bad for it and Rosario+Vampire is just damn funny despite trying to be super serious in most cases.

Besides bet Rom-Com anime is still Mightiest Disciple. Why because both characters are perfect together and can both kick each other ass if they wanted to

You know my friend introduced me to an anime that I found to be very distinct from other anime I've seen.
Something like Tokyo Ghoul.

I watched two episodes. They left me curled up and crying in a corner in a fetal position.

So yeah I should really try to watch the rest. P. good.
I really want to recommend Psycho Pass so badly but I don't want you to go through Season 2 which got really bad quickly

D

Deleted member

I watch SAO...

Please don't kill me...
Okay, I'll just make sure you suffer till the end of eternity : )
You know my friend introduced me to an anime that I found to be very distinct from other anime I've seen.

I watched two episodes. They left me curled up and crying in a corner in a fetal position.

Pretty sure that's called Zatch Bell

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Like, not even gonna sugarcoat it. How pathetic are these people that run the anime industry?

Are they literally that afraid to even attempt anything else outside of fanservice? It's their fear that's holding the industry back, there are more than enough people who aren't wanting to want to caress themselves all day to anime that enjoy anime, maybe they should stop being afraid and go after them.
Well let's be honest, there's a reason why "sex sells" exists. And if you lose that, you lose a big audience. And besides, it's easier to make cartoon nudity than try to make something of worth. That requires effort, and quality.

D

Deleted member

Or you could be like me and stob being such a ****ing weeaboo and not watch anime. Now Kamen Rider, THAT'S where it's at! Next to no fanservice!
I prefer Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Power Rangers Zeo :^)

Well let's be honest, there's a reason why "sex sells" exists. And if you lose that, you lose a big audience. And besides, it's easier to make cartoon nudity than try to make something of worth. That requires effort, and quality.
You're right, it's very easy to pick the easy option and it's something we as society tend to do very often when things get tough and I really don't care for it. I'm also rather tired of how often we choose to go to the "sex sells", it's such a failsafe when one isn't putting their actual heart into what they do. I feel people should be doing that.

Chrono.

I hate to be that guy but, read the manga.

Anime really screwed everything up (resulting in a second season of non-canon stuff).

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Spam Warning
I have no problem with kinks (trust me). This thread just isn't the place to discuss what gets you going. Anything above pg-13 isn't allowed. Keep that discussion to PMs.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

D

Deleted member

I mean, fanservice CAN still exist in good animes
Look at Kill la Kill for example
You even forget they're fighting half naked after the third episode

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I prefer Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Power Rangers Zero :^)
Zero? Pretty sure you meant Zeo/OhRanger. Mighty Morphing wasn't the first thing from Super Sentai, you've all lived a lie.
In all seriousness, I highly recommend Kamen Rider, unlike Power Rangers, they aren't kiddy and revolutionized Toku. Kuuga had civilians die every episode, Ryuki was Highlander, Gaim is Madoka Majika, Drive's final episodes are truly touching, blablabla

D

Deleted member

I do but it's really bad as one.

Although Infinite Stratos isn't bad for it and Rosario+Vampire is just damn funny despite trying to be super serious in most cases.

Besides bet Rom-Com anime is still Mightiest Disciple. Why because both characters are perfect together and can both kick each other *** if they wanted to
I don't go out of my way to watch harem, i pick like 1 or 2 per crunchyroll season and watch the simulcast

D

Deleted member

Fanservice has it's place, but the problem with anime is in it's practically in 99% of all animes.

There should be more stuff out there to balance this similar to cartoons. There's plenty of adult cartoons, but there's also plenty of cartoons that don't get into that stuff.

Zero? Pretty sure you meant Zeo/OhRanger. Mighty Morphing wasn't the first thing from Super Sentai, you've all lived a lie.
In all seriousness, I highly recommend Kamen Rider, unlike Power Rangers, they aren't kiddy and revolutionized Toku. Kuuga had civilians die every episode, Ryuki was Highlander, Gaim is Madoka Majika, Drive's final episodes are truly touching, blablabla
Yeah, but see the thing is, does Kamen Rider have a cool theme song?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You're right, it's very easy to pick the easy option and it's something we as society tend to do very often when things get tough and I really don't care for it. I'm also rather tired of how often we choose to go to the "sex sells", it's such a failsafe when one isn't putting their actual heart into what they do. I feel people should be doing that.
I've been looking for a good quote to put in my signature.
This will work.
I hate to be that guy but, read the manga.

Anime really screwed everything up (resulting in a second season of non-canon stuff).
Will do.
Manga is better anyway.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
We have the edginess to cover though.
It's not THAT edgy though
The fact you forget about the fanservice means the writers did something right. Kinda like those Senren Kagura games and DOA, the game's solid and enjoyable

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Like, not even gonna sugarcoat it. How pathetic are these people that run the anime industry?

Are they literally that afraid to even attempt anything else outside of fanservice? It's their fear that's holding the industry back, there are more than enough people who aren't wanting to want to caress themselves all day to anime that enjoy anime, maybe they should stop being afraid and go after them.
Technically speaking, any and all merchandise is fanservice.

One of the issues though is that when they release their anime on disc, it's notoriously expensive. They need to cover the cost and somewhere down the line, they figured that the anime market was too niche so they jacked up the price to cover the costs. Just to get an idea, before FMA Brotherhood was released, they released a boxset of the first series in Japan for a whopping $700 dollars. At the time, the buying the show here, in a bilingual release, cost maybe $100-$150 dollars.

I don't know how it's done there, but they REALLY need to license the show for streaming services. Crunchy Roll and Nico Nico are already great places to start.

Parasyte?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The problem here is you watched a harem anime. You could avoid the school setting all together. Watch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure or Shirokuma Cafe. School RARELY shows up in either of those.
Dude, did you miss my Caesar-San avatar I had for a week? I love JoJo.

The only reason I watch Harem Anime is to suffer and probably find a diamond in the pile of coal.

I prefer Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Power Rangers Zeo :^)
Time Force and In Space are better

We're American goddamn it. This is what we had until the internet existed. Besides certain seasons was almost accurate towards the Japan versions (Time Force from TimeRanger especially. Even considering it came around the time 9/11 happened and didn't get censored hard)

D

Deleted member

NEVAR. I freakin' love Zeo man.

No other series has the DEFINITIVE GOLD RANGER. :039:

Technically speaking, any and all merchandise is fanservice.

One of the issues though is that when they release their anime on disc, it's notoriously expensive. They need to cover the cost and somewhere down the line, they figured that the anime market was too niche so they jacked up the price to cover the costs. Just to get an idea, before FMA Brotherhood was released, they released a boxset of the first series in Japan for a whopping $700 dollars. At the time, the buying the show here, in a bilingual release, cost maybe $100-$150 dollars.

I don't know how it's done there, but they REALLY need to license the show for streaming services. Crunchy Roll and Nico Nico are already great places to start.
The thing though is I'm meaning a very specific side of fanservice. Fanservice like figures and stuff, that's honestly a good thing and is very positive to your most hardcore fans, but when every show is like T and A, that's a very concerning.

You bet your sweet jelly beans it does. Even the only American adaptation has a great opening.

MASKED RIDER NEVER EXISTS LALALALALAAAA
I will need a link to this, then!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Dude, did you miss my Caesar-San avatar I had for a week? I love JoJo.

The only reason I watch Harem Anime is to suffer and probably find a diamond in the pile of coal.

We're American goddamn it. This is what we had until the internet existed. Besides certain seasons was almost accurate towards the Japan versions (Time Force from TimeRanger especially. Even considering it came around the time 9/11 happened and didn't get censored hard)
Only saw SPD and one episode of Mystic Force as a kid. Loved SPD and didn't like the MF episode. Ironically enough Magiranger looks very interesting

D

Deleted member

Zatch Bell has almost no fanservice
Unless you would count this, which is played for laughs
But it certainly does have... some questionable... songs...
EDIT: I also want to remind this was supposed to be a kid's show
It's not THAT edgy though

The fact you forget about the fanservice means the writers did something right. Kinda like those Senren Kagura games and DOA, the game's solid and enjoyable
It's kinda hard to forget in Senran Kagura tho...
Oh sure. Sturgeon's Law exists for a reason after all.
What the **** is a Sturgeon's Law?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

The thing though is I'm meaning a very specific side of fanservice. Fanservice like figures and stuff, that's honestly a good thing. But when every show is like T and A, that's a very odd mindset.

Yeah but aren't all the figures just T and A?
The emails on figure sales Crunchyroll sends me every day never leave much to the imagination.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

The thing though is I'm meaning a very specific side of fanservice. Fanservice like figures and stuff, that's honestly a good thing and is very positive to your most hardcore fans, but when every show is like T and A, that's a very concerning.

Wasn't he Kingranger in Phranger?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlMkB0q9l_rC2hOCoe6wpnXUqXjc4SO_K This playlist has all Heisei openings outside of Blade's other opening and Gaim's opening, which are amazing. Showa stuff isn't bad either

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
There are many ways of saying it, but the common way is "Ninety percent of everything is crap." It's a very accurate description of many things if you ask me. Kill a Kill would be an example of one that defied said law, but many aren't as lucky.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
>School Library has a Manga section
YES! YES!
>No Zelda Manga of any sort
NO! ****!
R.I.P. the dream of reading Minish Cap manga any time soon

No worries, Obo! :kirbymelee:
My school library had manga stuff.
How the school never noticed the hentai in there I'll never know.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thing about those types of shows is that they don't have very long standing power unless it really stands out. See Sturgeon's Law.
90% of everything is crap. Kill La Kill actually supports this law as most other shows like it would fall flat.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Only saw SPD and one episode of Mystic Force as a kid. Loved SPD and didn't like the MF episode. Ironically enough Magiranger looks very interesting
Thing is that most of the Disney owned Seasons aren't as good as when Saban FIRST had it. Operation Overdrive is the prime example of how bad Disney owned seasons were. RPM is an example of how good Disney owned seasons are.

Now it's just overall mediocre and tries to hard to hit the nostalgia button. I feel like Nickelodeon lets Saban do too much with the stuff and don't have the great writers Fox gave them.

You'll enjoy the Fox Kids-Saban seasons. Thing is, I can't say the same about Digimon.

Oh good lord, it was bad early on until the second half of Adventure and don't reach its stride until Tamers

Khoru

Smash Champion
Uh, Gunvolt is an anime game entirely in Japanese where 14-year old that looks much older than he actually is, goes up against the Jpop industry. Also about the funding, I think you're thinking of Red Ash.
not
really
unless you played it for ten minutes
it's kinda repetitive and forgettable, but transformations and animesque designs are... not evil
oh :( I was looking forward to it

As someone who doesn't mind Persona but minds Neptunia, Love Live and #FE, would it still be a game for me?
she's like roll meets the rush adapters

a japanese game incorporating some aspects of japanese culture isn't that bad
it's not like ir#fe or neptunia at all

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Thing is that most of the Disney owned Seasons aren't as good as when Saban FIRST had it. Operation Overdrive is the prime example of how bad Disney owned seasons were. RPM is an example of how good Disney owned seasons are.

Now it's just overall mediocre and tries to hard to hit the nostalgia button. I feel like Nickelodeon lets Saban do too much with the stuff and don't have the great writers Fox gave them.

You'll enjoy the Fox Kids-Saban seasons. Thing is, I can't say the same about Digimon.

Oh good lord, it was bad early on until the second half of Adventure and don't reach its stride until Tamers
Overdrive was Boukenger iirc, and from what I saw it's one of the best Sentai.
I'LL NEVER ENJOY SABAN TO WHAT THEY DID TO BLACK RX!
Tamers is ****ing amazing

D

Deleted member

Thing about those types of shows is that they don't have very long standing power unless it really stands out. See Sturgeon's Law.
I don't agree with that. The reason they don't do well is honestly the fault of the creators. One Piece did fine before it received fanservice, it really depends on what the content you are outputting is good. Right now is just an oversaturation of let's not worry of quality, let's not put our hearts into this, let's just make another school anime with T and A because it sells. I find it a very depressing mindset to have.

It's like they are defeated of any will to even try. No one is really even trying either. There are a select few that have tried and ended up leaving a mark like Toriko which is honestly great, but if you look at the entire anime industry and what is being churned out, there is a heavy imbalance towards what is sexual eye candy and what isn't.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I actually kinda disagree there. I was okay with the fanservice when it was played for laughs, but the entire T&A thing generally got overboard later that it kinda became obnoxious.

Dunno, it could be just that I was switching between watching a fanservice-free anime and this at the same time that made me no longer desensitized to the fanservice of KLK. And there was that one episode on particular I thought had a really gross and uncomfortable moment.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You think anyone goes in that section in the first place?
100% Weeb free school
There were a lot of people that liked anime and manga there.
A lot more after someone found the hentai.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The fact that there's a DLC update tomorrow and people on the most die hard Smash forum are talking about anime really tells you what a crappy job Nintendo have done to maintain interest in this next update.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
How the school never noticed the hentai in there I'll never know.
We got some naughtiness up in here.
Uh, Gunvolt is an anime game entirely in Japanese where 14-year old that looks much older than he actually is, goes up against the Jpop industry. Also about the funding, I think you're thinking of Red Ash.
So are we talking about Azure Striker: Gunvolt or something else?
I ain't really keeping track with this, but I liked AS: Gunvolt's Demo on the 3DS, the boss of that Fire Stage was amazing :4pacman:
Also Red Ash
Not suspicious at all. :drshrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom