• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fire Emblem in space, I don't even.
We have people who gain the power of dragons by being inbred, Fire Emblem in space would be stupidly cool though.

A nitpick I have with FE as of recently. The battle themes and field themes being mixed. It sounds less epic to me, and the field music helped me think, In FE7 I fondly remember the field theme switching to Strike as I attacked an enemy unit

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
lolno they wanted to have Awakening take place on Mars

Nep is Dutch for fake. You're unintentionally saying SMTXFE is fake Persona lol
A fake Hyper Dimension Neptunia.

I really hate that series and how it based itself over consoles

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
What we talkin' about? SMT#FE?
I heard Chrom is some sort of demon abomination in that game.
So that's cool. :drshrug:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
what is the #FE?

why not just call it by its name and respect the makers by calling it SMTxFE
to be fair, I don't believe it's dubbed SMTxFE anymore.

To me, that's not a bad thing. If it was just some crossover it'd just have bogged down gimmicks and a lame nothing story, so going this route is a lot better imo. People can disagree over the style mind you, but I think overall this moves the game into a positive direction.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
oh :( I was looking forward to it

As someone who doesn't mind Persona but minds Neptunia, Love Live and #FE, would it still be a game for me?
The Idol chick gives you powerups by singing, if she sings you back to life you get her vocaloid-ish song play through the rest of the level iirc, gameplay's pretty simple, watch BSC version of it I guess

Chrono.

oh :( I was looking forward to it

As someone who doesn't mind Persona but minds Neptunia, Love Live and #FE, would it still be a game for me?
It's no where near as bad as those 3, but definitely more "anime" than Persona.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
My thoughts on anime can be easily summed up after binge watching harem anime all weekend and man, I feel like they have two problems that I hate in anime

• The guy is an innocent asshole who just get abuse from the girls that like him and he's a character who doesn't know about how these girls love him
  • The girls have somewhat decent design but their characters aren't good at all and tropy as hell.
Plus I gotta say, my favorite anime always has a one thing that separates from others is that it isn't a high school setting.

I really want an anime in a COLLEGE setting. That's more interesting so you don't go through dull teenager drama. Now it's dull adult drama which is better.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Rewatching Kamen Rider OOO because I can't remember any of it. Badass opening theme, hate how every episode begins with 'Count the medals! What can OOO use?' at every episode. I thought Kuuga destroyed the kiddy feel of Kamen Rider a decade before OOO

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
You know the setting of SMTxFE, actually makes sense cause the devs wanted to make a Fire Emblem game in present day, and I'm pretty sure Persona is the series of SMT that is set present day. Also I love how people keep saying there isn't much SMT stuff in the game, when revealing that would probably cause spoilers, since isn't it mostly set in post apocalyptic settings

Also it was never really said that SMTxFE would be a crossover between the 2 series in the sense of a normal crossover. Plus the gameplay style their going with still makes a lot of sense to me since it does the usual RPG stuff that would be found in an RPG and its found a good way to mix in strategy elements from Strategy RPGs, since normally speaking the way that strategy rpgs handle strategic advantages, don't exactly really translate into RPG battle systems that well normally.

Also people who complain about the characters from SMTxFE being in high school is actually really silly when I think about, cause, pretty much all the protagonists of Fire Emblem are actually teenagers, and so are most of the supporting cast. Remember FE is a medieval fantasy so most teenagers in medieval times were pretty much working full time jobs when they reached 13

Well anyway I'm still not ready to judge SMTxFE just yet, since most of the stuff we've seen is apparently early game stuff, so it could still actually go very dark later on. Just like how FE can actually get pretty dark when it comes to talking about the wars you part take in in the games.

D

Deleted member

My thoughts on anime can be easily summed up after binge watching harem anime all weekend and man, I feel like they have two problems that I hate in anime

• The guy is an innocent ******* who just get abuse from the girls that like him and he's a character who doesn't know about how these girls love him
  • The girls have somewhat decent design but their characters aren't good at all and tropy as hell.
Plus I gotta say, my favorite anime always has a one thing that separates from others is that it isn't a high school setting.

I really want an anime in a COLLEGE setting. That's more interesting so you don't go through dull teenager drama. Now it's dull adult drama which is better.
There's you're problem, if you don't like the wimpy kid surrounded by girls or a show filled with tropes, don't watch a harem.
They almost all have all of that going on in every single one

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Mom said she might be able to get the Mario Maker stage for me tomorrow since she's getting a cheque tomorrow
Very good. Very VERY good! :4pacman:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You might wanna check out Golden Time.
AllI know about Golden Time is this video

There's you're problem, if you don't like the wimpy kid surrounded by girls or a show filled with tropes, don't watch a harem.
They almost all have all of that going on in every single one
Well it's probably due to me watching Tenchi Muyo, AKA the only good Harem anime. I'm hoping atleast one was just as good as that.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

• The guy is an innocent ******* who just get abuse from the girls that like him and he's a character who doesn't know about how these girls love him

Wasn't there a Miiverse community for one of those?
Highschool DxD, was it?
Yuck.
Only anime I really like are the ones like Nichijou, Keroro, Ika Musume and etc. :drshrug:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Like I said in my edit.

It's even stupid when Splatoon does it.

''BTW WE'RE ADDING ONE SINGLE WEAPON TONIGHT! AND IT'S A VARIANT OF A WEAPON ALREADY IN THE GAME."

It's just all so very ''Okay then."
At least the Splatoon updates are all free, not counting in game money. With that in mind, barring the August update, they've all been timed releases.

D

Deleted member

Well it's probably due to me watching Tenchi Muyo, AKA the only good Harem anime. I'm hoping atleast one was just as good as that.
Key to wacthing harem is to not take it seriously and enjoy a fun rom-com

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Wasn't there a Miiverse community for one of those?
Highschool DxD, was it?
Yuck.
I'll give High School DxD this, it had its moments of stupid that ended up hilarious. My favorite moment is when they fight some naked demon/centaur/lady/thing that fires acidic lasers from their chest. It's the only thing I know from that anime, and honestly I don't care. It's too braindead not to find "so bad it's good".

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

The problem here is you watched a harem anime. You could avoid the school setting all together. Watch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure or Shirokuma Cafe. School RARELY shows up in either of those.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I read a ton more manga than I watch anime so eh. I tend to like seinen or psychological dramas.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

Just curious, have you seen Ouran High Host Club? It's pretty much the antithesis of everything you've just stated. You'd love it.

D

Deleted member

I always thought Golden Time was the name of the third opening of FMAB :^/

But I can't believe we're having an anime discussion
Well, gives me an excuse to post some Zatch Bell

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I watch SAO and I like it...

Please don't kill me...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Like, not even gonna sugarcoat it. How pathetic are these people that run the anime industry?

Are they literally that afraid to even attempt anything else outside of fanservice? It's their fear that's holding the industry back, there are more than enough people who aren't wanting to want to caress themselves all day to anime that enjoy anime, maybe they should stop being afraid and go after them.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You know my friend introduced me to an anime that I found to be very distinct from other anime I've seen.
Something like Tokyo Ghoul.

I watched two episodes. They left me curled up and crying in a corner in a fetal position.

So yeah I should really try to watch the rest. P. good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom