• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Two days ago, my avatar featured important characters that I support from the Sonic and Mega Man series including Zero, Eggman, Tails, and Knuckles. Today, DK and Zelda characters that I support are present including Tetra, Impa, Dixie, and K. Rool (an actual king for once). Unfortunately, a certain demonic pig is absent.

As for my thoughts on that K. Rool Mii costume, I think it hurts his chances, but not outright kills them.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The fact that there's a DLC update tomorrow and people on the most die hard Smash forum are talking about anime really tells you what a crappy job Nintendo have done to maintain interest in this next update.
It left as at came.
Silent and Blunt.
It just sorta got announced, and they never touched it again.
So yeah, it's kinda silly. :drshrug:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I love you already and I just met you
---
have you ever been scared to log on skype? Because I am
Bobobo is one my favorite anime that is still funny to this day and I hate how the amine didn't continue due to how parents in Japan reacted

Overdrive was Boukenger iirc, and from what I saw it's one of the best Sentai.
I'LL NEVER ENJOY SABAN TO WHAT THEY DID TO BLACK RX!
Tamers is ****ing amazing
Give the Fox Kids ones a shot. You'll like them. Despite being directed towards kids

Khoru

Smash Champion
I actually kinda disagree there. I was okay with the fanservice when it was played for laughs, but the entire T&A thing generally got overboard later that it kinda became obnoxious.

Dunno, it could be just that I was switching between watching a fanservice-free anime and this at the same time that made me no longer desensitized to the fanservice of KLK. And there was that one episode on particular I thought had a really gross and uncomfortable moment.
are you referring to the one in the first episode or the bath scene? or something else?

(really though yeah it could've been so much better without the silly fanservice)

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
The fact that there's a DLC update tomorrow and people on the most die hard Smash forum are talking about anime really tells you what a crappy job Nintendo have done to maintain interest in this next update.
To be fair, there isn't a whole lot we can say about the upcoming update. It's just one stage based on a game we very recently got.

I am excited for it, but there isn't a lot for me to say.

are you referring to the one in the first episode or the bath scene? or something else?

(really though yeah it could've been so much better without the silly fanservice)
The implied incest scene in I think... episode 16? It was very off putting and gross.

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thing is that most of the Disney owned Seasons aren't as good as when Saban FIRST had it. Operation Overdrive is the prime example of how bad Disney owned seasons were. RPM is an example of how good Disney owned seasons are.

Now it's just overall mediocre and tries to hard to hit the nostalgia button. I feel like Nickelodeon lets Saban do too much with the stuff and don't have the great writers Fox gave them.

You'll enjoy the Fox Kids-Saban seasons. Thing is, I can't say the same about Digimon.

Oh good lord, it was bad early on until the second half of Adventure and don't reach its stride until Tamers
Let's not forget how cheap Nick and (possibly) Saban have been with the budget of these seasons. They're still producing in New Zealand. Then there was that one season finale where they got old rangers to come in, but the actors themselves had to pay to fly in.

The Fox seasons are by no means shining examples of a good budget either - they underpaid the actors. At the very least, the actors and directing were better.

I still don't get how Samurai's story worked where they're apparently all part Japanese, but only one actually LOOKS Japanese. It would've been MUCH better to pass on the role through a non-blood requirement.
I don't agree that. The reason they don't do well is honestly the fault of the creators. One Piece did fine before it received fanservice, it really depends on what the content you are outputting is good. Right now is just an oversaturation of let's not worry of quality, let's not put our hearts into this, let's just make another school anime with T and A because it sells. I find it a very depressing mindset to have.

It's like they are defeated of any will to even try. No one is really even trying either. There are a select few that have tried and ended up leaving a mark like Toriko which is honestly great, but if you look at the entire anime industry and what is being churned out, there is a heavy imbalance towards what is sexual eye candy and what isn't.
It all boils down to the quality of writing. But again, you have to ask just how many of those anime with just T and A actually last.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Thing is that most of the Disney owned Seasons aren't as good as when Saban FIRST had it. Operation Overdrive is the prime example of how bad Disney owned seasons were. RPM is an example of how good Disney owned seasons are.

Now it's just overall mediocre and tries to hard to hit the nostalgia button. I feel like Nickelodeon lets Saban do too much with the stuff and don't have the great writers Fox gave them.

You'll enjoy the Fox Kids-Saban seasons. Thing is, I can't say the same about Digimon.

Oh good lord, it was bad early on until the second half of Adventure and don't reach its stride until Tamers
I've heard the most recent season of Power Rangers has been pretty decent, but I haven't been watching it, so I may be off there.

On the note of Digimon and fanservice, remember how we had Angewomon fight Ladydevimon in what was kind of a fanservicey scene? Remember Zoe and her Love taps? Rosemon's provocative evolution sequences? Neither of those examples had anything on this girl.

You could call her fanservice the Digimon and you'd be absolutely correct. She stole Zoe's butt attack, the show would usually have a clear view of her breasts and cameltoe (and yes, the former would oftentime be jiggling), had boob lasers, among other things that put all other previous fanservice examples in the franchise to shame. What made the situation worse is that she really didn't have much of a point to her and they could've powered up Sparrowmon if they needed to give the girl character a power-up (like the other two characters), but instead I guess breasts took precedence there.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've heard the most recent season of Power Rangers has been pretty decent, but I haven't been watching it, so I may be off there.
Megaforce right? They combined Goseiger and Gokaiger iirc, which doesn't make sense. I hear they're doing it again with Kyoryuger and Gobusters. Go-busters was heavily inspired by Power Rangers iirc

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What the hell @ the Digimon

Is that even a Kids show anymore? WTF
When Pokemon, Yugioh and Yokai Watch stomped your ass out in every regard, you might as well go for the another audience.

I don't know what they'll do with Tri-Adventure.

Megaforce right? They combined Goseiger and Gokaiger iirc, which doesn't make sense. I hear they're doing it again with Kyoryuger and Gobusters. Go-busters was heavily inspired by Power Rangers iirc
It's mostly because Saban is pretty damn greedy and won't ever fix the issues. I miss Fox having some big control over the series.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
When Pokemon, Yugioh and Yokai Watch stomped your *** out in every regard, you might as well go for the another audience.

I don't know what they'll do with Tri-Adventure.

It's mostly because Saban is pretty damn greedy and won't ever fix the issues. I miss Fox having some big control over the series.
Saban even has the rights to the Decade/Shinkenger crossover episodes and they trademarked Power Rider a few years ago. Greedy ****s aren't even using it. Then again, Decade was ****.

Another problem I have with media! Poverty. Media almost always tries to convince you poverty builds character and makes people appropriate what they have. As someone who's been through poverty, that's onr of the biggest lies I've heard! Not being able to afford anything, getting mocked by others because they CAN afford new Iphones every year, not being able to eat enough, feeling miserable to the point you just want your life to end, it's ****ing awful yet the media's all like 'it's good' **** you I was underweight and tried killing myself twice

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I was pretty confident in the stage4.jpg stage, but now I don't know. Did Nintendo seriously mislabel the stage in order to throw us off?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just read up on it, it was Dino Charge I was thinking of, the season following it.

Also, from what I understand, Go-Busters actually got skipped, potentially for two different reasons (or both): The first is that it did terribly in Japan (which may've prompted Toei/Bandai to have them skip it) and Nick limiting Power Rangers to 20 or so episode seasons, so they had to cut it for the next one (Kyoryuger).

What the hell @ the Digimon

Is that even a Kids show anymore? WTF
For a time you'd honestly be wondering if that was still the case...

Thankfully, Tri and to a lesser extent the later games seems to be better about it, so hopefully that sticks.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Is the anime talk still going on?

I hate to be that guy but, read the manga.

Anime really screwed everything up (resulting in a second season of non-canon stuff).
Urgh... I never watched Tokyo Ghoul, but I dislike it when they do that sort of thing.

Also, speaking of Kill la Kill, that show has a lot of fanservice, but it's actually a clever show. It basically is a subtle parody of what anime has become in its own over-the-top way.

One of my favorite manga series ought to be Blue Exorcist. It starts off as stupidly cliché, with a school setting, the protagonist's father being killed by the main villain and the MC swearing revenge, all main characters fit into very established archetypes. Come on, you've seen this a million times, but what I like about the series is how the story progresses and the characters develop quite well and you realize they aren't as one-dimensional as the beginning suggests. There are some interesting plot twists and elements along the way that make this series stand out, in my opinion.

And of course, you have masterpieces like Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note and Parasyte. Those are easily the top 3 anime/manga series I've had the pleasure to watch.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What is this stage4.jpg thing about?
PushDustIn PushDustIn Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Anyway, it's about the file name of the images of the DLC stages on the official Smash website. stage1.jpg is Dream Land 64, stage2.jpg is Hyrule Castle 64, stage3.jpg is Peach's Castle 64. Super Mario Maker is stage5.jpg.

They're ordered per wave and alphabetically. Suzaku Castle isn't counted because it's bundled with Ryu.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Surely we'll get a Nintendo Direct soon showing more of this game... right?
They've posted a job listing for Nintendo Direct stuff recently

We're not getting a ND for a while. Things take time.

PushDustIn PushDustIn Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Anyway, it's about the file name of the images of the DLC stages on the official Smash website. stage1.jpg is Dream Land 64, stage2.jpg is Hyrule Castle 64, stage3.jpg is Peach's Castle 64. Super Mario Maker is stage5.jpg.

They're ordered per wave and alphabetically. Suzaku Castle isn't counted because it's bundled with Ryu.
Ahhh, thanks. I'd wager it's nothing. Not much worth speculating about.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Just read up on it, it was Dino Charge I was thinking of, the season following it.

Also, from what I understand, Go-Busters actually got skipped, potentially for two different reasons (or both): The first is that it did terribly in Japan (which may've prompted Toei/Bandai to have them skip it) and Nick limiting Power Rangers to 20 or so episode seasons, so they had to cut it for the next one (Kyoryuger).

For a time you'd honestly be wondering if that was still the case...

Thankfully, Tri and to a lesser extent the later games seems to be better about it, so hopefully that sticks.
Actually, I heard Go-Busters is going to be in Dino Force the same way that Saban did Gokaiger. Did Go-Busters really not do well? The American Sentai fanbase likes it. Kinda like Gaim, considered a masterpiece everywhere outside Japan

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You know what's weird?

It's been almost 3 months since E3 and we haven't heard NOTHING more about Federation Force.

I know most people hate this game but it's like we have heard nothing about that game. We heard more about all the other games announced at E3 but nothing about that.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well, the update's tomorrow.

That means it'll be time for me to buy an eShop card for the DLC (and Shovel Knight too if there's enough eMoney left :lol:)

But first, a necessary question: If there's a balance patch tomorrow, WHO will get nerfed? (Please, don't say Greninja :urg:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom