• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Uh, no. This has a more anime feel, not to mention Gunvolt was made by Inafune with mysterious funds out of nowhere. **** him, I used to respect Inafune
Gunvolt was a separate project by Inti Creates, Inafune isn't involved at all.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Even people denying it,most of the stuff of #FE got,was thanks for awakening "precious" reputation.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I saw SMTXFE get mentioned. I MIGHT get the game, need to feel the gameplay. AND THEY BETTER ADD SOME DAMN FINE UNITS. Draug was garbage, Xane would be a better FE1 character IMO
It's a shame too. I would've loved to see a Manakete go up against Lucifer.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Uh, no. This has a more anime feel, not to mention Gunvolt was made by Inafune with mysterious funds out of nowhere. **** him, I used to respect Inafune
Uh, Gunvolt is an anime game entirely in Japanese where 14-year old that looks much older than he actually is, goes up against the Jpop industry. Also about the funding, I think you're thinking of Red Ash.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
How is #FE more anime than Gunvolt considering they both use the same kind of art style that's pretty much omnipresent in Japanese media?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I own a Vita.

Which I will use today to get Persona 4 Dancing All Night. Not like I need that money for Smash related things.
Man DAN doesn't look good to me at all. Looks like a mediocre Project Diva but less creepy and a story.

Even then my Vita is a PS1/P4G/All-Star Racing Transformed machine which is probably better than my 3DS which is a Smash/Fire Emblem/Matio Kart machine

I saw SMTXFE get mentioned. I MIGHT get the game, need to feel the gameplay. AND THEY BETTER ADD SOME DAMN FINE UNITS. Draug was garbage, Xane would be a better FE1 character IMO
I hate it when people attach Persona to #FE.

That game wishes it was Persona. The only reason people compare it is DAN which doesn't even count and is darker than all the games.

#FE is Nep Nep trash. Because only Compile Heart can make something weird as this

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Gunvolt was a separate project by Inti Creates, Inafune isn't involved at all.
speaking of Gunvolt, is it good?
Even people denying it,most of the stuff of #FE got,was thanks for awakening "precious" reputation.
Did they say they would stop making those games if Awakening failed?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
FEA and Fates's kind of pandering is not quite the same as #FE.

Both of them are really anime-like.
Like most Japanese stuff.

Even Smash Bros. has always had its share of anime-like stuff.

It's got a more cliched animesetting. the high school and the designs look like something froma Shonen anime.
More clichéd, indeed. Now that's something I can agree with.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Let's just say that both are otaku in their own ways. Oh and also, I believe that #FE was confirmed to be a main series Fire Emblem game.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Vita's only worth is really some of the Japanese games available for it. Even so, most of them aren't released outside.

No wonder it flopped so hard in the West. It actually didn't do quite bad in Japan. The reason is clear.
I think even with those games released in the West, Vita would sell almost just as badly here. Really doesn't help that almost every Vita game are super niche. And then there's the whole mobile gaming thing going on and the lack of Sony's support. There's more I could say but so many things are a big factor into why the Vita flopped as bad as it is. Kind of a huge shame because the hardware was excellent and it deserved a better library of games.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
What even are you talking about.
#FE is not going to be canon to Fire Emblem.
Yeah, someone from Atlus said that they were developing a Fire Emblem game. This game was even considered as an idea for Awakening's setting, but it was dropped.

Naoshi

On a side note, I think Gunvolt's character designs and art direction are somewhat (especially the latter) boring and generic. IDK, something about it just lacks charm and distinction. Won't stop me from getting the game as long as it isn't cringe material like Neptunia.

I don't see why people get so bothered at the animu stuff at times haha
A lot of the anime stuff nowadays are just super cringe to me personally.

There are still some good stuff out of it though. But #FE is definitely not my cup of tea.

Last edited:

Chrono.

speaking of Gunvolt, is it good?
It's kinda rough around the edges and the difficulty is laughably easy (its almost impossible to die) but eh for a first game its pretty damn fun (especially the bosses).

I just hope the sequel addresses a lot of the problems the first game had.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm sensing a lot of salt in here. Can everyone just take a deep breath and calm down a bit?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Let's just say that both are otaku in their own ways. Oh and also, I believe that #FE was confirmed to be a main series Fire Emblem game.
>#FE
>Main series Fire Emblem game

I don't even...

<Frostwraith.EXE crashed>

I think even with those games released in the West, Vita would sell almost just as badly here. Really doesn't help that almost every Vita game are super niche. And then there's the whole mobile gaming thing going on and the lack of Sony's support. There's more I could say but so many things are a big factor into why the Vita flopped as bad as it is. Kind of a huge shame because the hardware was excellent and it deserved a better library of games.
Well, Sony not supporting it along with most of its games being niche are the biggest two.

The 3DS also faced competition with the smartphones, which it shows given the significantly lower sales compared to DS and PSP's sales. Still, it managed to be fairly successful.

D

Deleted member

Both #FE(what kind of stupid name has a # in it?) And Gunvolt are weeb
You can't decide which one is more
What you can decide is how long you should stay in your corner for being a ****ing weeb
And only get when you can say idioy instead of baka

Naoshi

>#FE

I don't even...

Well, Sony not supporting it along with most of its games being niche are the biggest two.

The 3DS also faced competition with the smartphones, which it shows given the significantly lower sales compared to DS and PSP's sales. Still, it managed to be fairly successful.
Yeah, no denying that 3DS is doing pretty decent. Even though it'll probably end up with PSP-level of hardware sales (which is still great) while its software library sells quite a lot.

(I really find it crazy that PSP sold 70ish million worldwide with very few notable hits. Wtf happened there?)

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
>#FE

I don't even...

But they wanted to make it like it's own thing, so that's why it's such a departure.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, someone from Atlus said that they were developing a Fire Emblem game. This game was even considered as an idea for Awakening's setting, but it was dropped.
lolno they wanted to have Awakening take place on Mars
Man DAN doesn't look good to me at all. Looks like a mediocre Project Diva but less creepy and a story.

Even then my Vita is a PS1/P4G/All-Star Racing Transformed machine which is probably better than my 3DS which is a Smash/Fire Emblem/Matio Kart machine

I hate it when people attach Persona to #FE.

That game wishes it was Persona. The only reason people compare it is DAN which doesn't even count and is darker than all the games.

#FE is Nep Nep trash. Because only Compile Heart can make something weird as this
Nep is Dutch for fake. You're unintentionally saying SMTXFE is fake Persona lol

Chrono.

(I really find it crazy that PSP sold 70ish million worldwide with very few notable hits. Wtf happened there?)
Custom Firmware happened.

Like around here everyone bought a PSP precisely for that reason (including myself).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't see why people get so bothered at the animu stuff at times haha
It's not so much the anime stuff itself, but the general direction Japanese media is taking lately with all the pandering to certain niches that drives some people away.

There is still good anime stuff and all that, but the medium has changed over the last few years and not everyone likes those changes.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Custom Firmware happened.

Like around here everyone bought a PSP precisely for that reason (including myself).
I have like one PSP game, the only reason I still have it is precisely for the reason that I can emulate on it haha.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
For me, Shovel Knight getting in is the first instance of a bandwagon character successfully getting into Smash. Literally the only thing he has in his favor is that he's the flavor of the month, and I personally think that that's a very dangerous road for Nintendo to go down with additions.

Shovel Knight has pretty much no relevancy to Nintendo, at least not that he doesn't already share with literally every other console on the market. He's currently this game's Geno, a completely irrelevant and unimportant third party who inexplicably got popular because the game they were from was good and that they were popular in their original game. Even then Geno has an advantage over SK, because at least he was a Nintendo exclusive character, whereas Shovel Knight, up until the very recent announcement of his amiibo, had MORE content in his game on every major console BUT Nintendo's. And just like Geno's support post-Brawl dwindled and died, Shovel Knight's undeniably will as well, and he'll fall into the pile of characters like Gooey, Midna, Geno, and Krystal, of characters that had large fanbases once but that fell off the face of the earth by the time of the next Smash.

Nintendo giving credence to obvious bandwagon characters such as Shovel Knight is a very, very dangerous thing when it comes to future Smash content. A Smash where all a character will need is to be in the right place at the right time and have their creators beg hard enough in order for them to get in, regardless of their importance to Nintendo or it's history. Doing this with a third party is even MORE dangerous.

And I say this as a massive Shovel Knight fan who stayed up until 4 am to perfect Plague of Shadows. This is a terrible choice if Nintendo goes through with it.

tl;dr: Adding Shovel Knight is about as bad as adding Geno to me - a character who has no relevance to Nintendo whose fleeting bandwagon support will ultimately die out and whose support now will be be just as laughable in the future as Geno's is to us now.
I dissagree about you saying Geno supports died, Geno is still the most requested square Enix character to this day since brawl and other square Enix are too far from him, also most SMRPG fans are not in smash community they are on mostly tumblr and deivenart and YouTube supporting Geno. Also the people that were supporting Geno in brawl days disappeared not because you think Geno is unimportant character but that's because For those of who had SMRPG as a big part of their childhoods, they are edging close to 30 now and a lot of people just really don't have the time to be involved in this sort of thing anymore. They probably still like Geno but they're more likely too invested in day to day responsibilities to care that much about it anymore. The word "died" does not make any sense if he still has a lot of supporters to this day I know he has a "less" supporters but that does not mean "died" it's not like he only has a few supporters left like Gooey and Earth worm Jim to say the supports has died.

I am not trying start a fight or anything but There is a huge difference between "died" and "less" support.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well nothing from Nintendo of Japan. But Nintendo of Europe just posted something about Club Nintendo closing there tomorrow.... I guess that doesn't quite cut it for us.
Oh yeah.....

So the new flipnote Studio will finally come.

I hope....

Last edited:

Chrono.

The fact that Sony doubled down on the CFW stuff for the Vita no doubt killed a lot of sales, ironically enough. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom