• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
I always get confuse about this sort of thing, but

Since Japan is day ahead will their maintenance be earlier than ours or will their's be like at 2:30pm on Thursday to match the 10:30pm PDT time over here?

Chrono.

Maintanence time slots:
– 10:30 PM PT (Tuesday) – 12:00 AM PT
– 1:30 AM ET – 3:00 AM ET
– 6:30 AM in the UK – 8:00 AM in the UK
– 7:30 AM in Europe – 9:00 AM in Europe

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Maintanence time slots:
– 10:30 PM PT (Tuesday) – 12:00 AM PT
– 1:30 AM ET – 3:00 AM ET
– 6:30 AM in the UK – 8:00 AM in the UK
– 7:30 AM in Europe – 9:00 AM in Europe
So, it's 2:30 PM – 4 PM in Japan...

Okay, I guess we could still see something when it's morning in Japan, basically around midnight or 1 AM in Europe and in the afternoon of this day for the Americas.

If nothing is shown by then, it's just the stage.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The maintenance doesn't necessarily mean the DLC will release the second it's over. When Royu maintenance wen't up, people were playing with them for a good while before we could, on twitch.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'll take anything at this point if it means getting more than just the stage.

Anything.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's too bad @Tama left, I had one more question about the Shovel Knight rumor.
To be honest though I can see why. Coming from someone who's been in this place since it was called "Rumors and Leaks Thread", you could make a series of novels with our ups and downs. And when we get those bad days they're very painful to sit through.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Even a Sylux Mii outfit?

(I'm not sorry. :evil:)
I've mentioned before(@gameonion asked me about a week ago) that I would be completely on board with this if it happened if it means getting my character in this game, even if not in the roster. Plus I have my Mii Gunner amiibo anyway, so I can get enjoyment from training an amiibo dressed as a favorite character of mine.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Tama was actually here early in the morning, just lurking I guess.

But I noticed him on the online list at the bottom.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
To be honest though I can see why. Coming from someone who's been in this place since it was called "Rumors and Leaks Thread", you could make a series of novels with our ups and downs. And when we get those bad days they're very painful to sit through.
I'm just happy I never got eviscerated

By you guys anyway lol

Strofirko

Smash Master
I'm just happy I never got eviscerated

By you guys anyway lol
You have a gray banner though.

Tama never cared for this place anyway,in his eyes most of this thread is just "Sempai plox notice me".

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I've been thinking, doesn't Shovel Knight's presence seem at all suspicious, he's had one game that had it's exclusivity withdrawn from Nintendo, he's never appeared in Sakurai's native country, and he's only been around for a year. Not to mention he was only popular during the beginning of the ballot, does anything about this seem the slightest bit suspicious?

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
I've been thinking, doesn't Shovel Knight's presence seem at all suspicious, he's had one game that had it's exclusivity withdrawn from Nintendo, He's never appeared in Sakurai's native country, and he's only been around for a year. Not to mention he was only popular during the beginning of the ballot, does anything about this seem the slightest bit suspicious?
You have a serious :079: crisis to figure out this by now.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Tama never cared for this place anyway,in his eyes most of this thread is just "Sempai plox notice me".
To be fair, you could replace "Tama" with anyone else (good example being Serebii) and it'd still fit. You'll always get people wanting to be noticed by the "Internet celebrities". It's just how we are.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I've been thinking, doesn't Shovel Knight's presence seem at all suspicious, he's had one game that had it's exclusivity withdrawn from Nintendo, He's never appeared in Sakurai's native country, and he's only been around for a year. Not to mention he was only popular during the beginning of the ballot, does anything about this seem the slightest bit suspicious?
I mean it would be weird if it was confirmed true, but it's not yet.

Although I feel the need to mention that Shovel Knight (and pretty much any game on Steam like Shantae) actually is already available in Japan since the PC version is international. It's just not localized. It doesn't actually make a difference when it comes to inclusion in Smash, but I see people mix up "never localized" and "not available in Japan."
And how could Tama's source know about what DLC is coming, the Amiibo I can understand, but the actual DLC?
From what's been said by Tama and others, the source knew about SK because Amazon and other companies are going to be selling Nintendo digital codes- something that actually turned out to be true. They've said multiple times that this has nothing to do with amiibo.

I'm still skeptical though.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I mean it would be weird if it was confirmed true, but it's not yet.

Although I feel the need to mention that Shovel Knight (and pretty much any game on Steam like Shantae) actually is already available in Japan since the PC version is international. It's just not localized. It doesn't actually make a difference when it comes to inclusion in Smash, but I see people mix up "never localized" and "not available in Japan."
From what's been said by Tama and others, the source knew about SK because Amazon and other companies are going to be selling Nintendo digital codes- something that actually turned out to be true. They've said multiple times that this has nothing to do with amiibo.

I'm still skeptical though.
It just doesn't seem right, if he's confirmed it'd just seem like throwing realism out the window.

Chrono.

Something interesting I found out today.

30% Shovel Knight's audience is on 3DS, second behind PC/Steam which is 32%, while the Wii U is third at 20%.
Heh.

The Wii U and 3DS versions sold enough on their own that they were divided into their own category each instead of going under one moniker like Sony

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It just doesn't seem right, if he's confirmed it'd just seem like throwing realism out the window.
There really isn't any sort of realism when it comes to Smash speculation.

Precedents and theories, sure, but thinking there is a reality when it comes to speculation here is just deluding yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom