• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
For some reason, the more I see about #FE, the less excited I am for the game.

So far, it's really not appealing to me.

I've gotten to the point where I hardly care about the game. I like some of the character designs and the voice cast looks quite good too, but the thematic of the game is just not what I was expecting.

Might be a good game on its own, anyway.
This.

The game's transformation during development (if there was any transformation) really didn't sit well since I originally imagined the game to mix SMT x FE elements rather than a straight up crossover. The game's current design approach doesn't sit well with me. I'm really only getting this game for gameplay and the fact that FE is slapped onto the title.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
So we didnt get anything last night(called it) i really expect a character in October because that just makes sense the ballot ends that month,were more likely to get a direct now more than ever,the rumors that point to that. Just wait a bit more i feel more content is coming soon on the following weeks

Chrono.

I really hate idol/idol anime stuff so naturally I'll probs be avoiding this (doesn't help that the only FE getting focus seems to be Awakening, a game I'm already very meh on).

That being said, the game will probably be alright, Atlus have a pretty good track record.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It's been well over 3 months since Royu and Lucas were released. If all we get is the stage, then they're no doubt sitting on some other content.

It doesn't take the whole team 3 months to make a single stage.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Incidentally, that same article notes that Tharja is a mirage for one of those two characters (i assume the Teenage Nanako)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I really hate idol/idol anime stuff so naturally I'll probs be avoiding this (doesn't help that the only FE getting focus seems to be Awakening, a game I'm already very meh on).

That being said, the game will probably be alright, Atlus have a pretty good track record.
Shadow Dragon is getting a lot of attention too.
Tiki is an important character in the game IIRC.

Someone hurry up and show me that Virion design dammit.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
On one hand, its very disappointing that this game didn't turn out to be dark cyberpunk Kazuma Kaneko game that mixed FE fameplay and SMT gameplay I expected it to be, but on the other hand I'm glad they didn't try to turn in it into a insane fanfiction involving Demifiend and Marth fighting Satan or something stupid like that

I think it would have been hilarious if they went Perfect Blue on the whole idol thing

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
Incidentally, that same article notes that Tharja is a mirage for one of those two characters (i assume the Teenage Nanako)
If we're going by Gematsu's article from yesterday, it's actually Kiria who gets Tharja as her Mirage. Which makes sense given how literally all the Mirage Masters have names with meaning relating to their class. The teenage Nanako (Mamori) has Draug as her Mirage - don't ask me how that works. >.>"

Also hi, I've lurked this topic for a few weeks now. :p

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
If we're going by Gematsu's article from yesterday, it's actually Kiria who gets Tharja as her Mirage. Which makes sense given how literally all the Mirage Masters have names with meaning relating to their class. The teenage Nanako (Mamori) has Draug as her Mirage - don't ask me how that works. >.>"

Also hi, I've lurked this topic for a few weeks now. :p
守る (mamoru) is the Japanese word for 'defend'/'protect.' Knights are known to defend... Maybe there's the connection?

Regardless - I'm looking forward to seeing more Smash news soon - hopefully something will be there when I wake up...

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
EDIT: Although to be fair I am not sure how you feel about the "WAIFUS WAIFUS WAIFUS POP STARS" direction anime is going.
I'm not very much into anime that dabble too much into that sort of pandering. Granted, it's almost inevitable nowadays, but I think this game went a little overboard with that. (FE Fates suffers the same problem, but I let it slide since it's optional stuff anyway.)

I might change my mind later, depending on how the game ends up being.

For a game which mainly takes inspiration from Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei, I don't see a lot of the main themes of those series in what has been shown so far. It's basically an original thing with references to Fire Emblem and a setting more similar to SMT.

Some of my favorite anime series have little of this sort of pandering, but it's there anyway.

And yes, I'm not like most anime fans. Most discussion I see about the series I follow are all shipping and "omg this and that character are kawaii and whatnot", often disregarding the story itself. I care for something else: for the story, for the characters in terms of their qualities and flaws and how they develop throughout the story and such.

Granted, some of the series I follow are stupidly cliché'd and predictable, but I'm not an elitist prick. A story doesn't need to be deep and all that to be enjoyable, though the more creative and deeper the stories are, the more memorable they will be. That, I can say without any sort of doubt.

Of course, if people enjoy anime because of the waifu stuff, more power to them. As long as there's some semblance of variety in the medium, things will be fine, because among the same recycled stuff, there are a few hidden gems. Even some mainstream stuff can be good, and that's not a bad thing.

(And I guess I ended up rambling again...)

Last edited:

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
守る (mamoru) is the Japanese word for 'defend'/'protect.' Knights are known to defend... Maybe there's the connection?

Regardless - I'm looking forward to seeing more Smash news soon - hopefully something will be there when I wake up...
I meant moreso how the elementary school student gets the role of a defending knight, but that's probably my preconceptions talking to me subconsciously more than anything.

Smash wise, if it's just the stage, at least I can save topping up my shop funds until the next big DLC batch and then buy everything in one fell swoop. (I'm guilty of buying everything. Even the Mii costumes which I don't necessarily even use. For both versions.)

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I had a dream that they announced that there would be an announcement tomorrow, and I thought Shovel Knight could be revealed.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know though. I mean, it's clear that idols and such are a big part of Japanese culture, much like how Western music is a big part of ours (look at video game trailers and its rock music). So I can see the prevalence of idols in anime and in #FE.

That said, I did kinda wish they just made it its own thing rather then the SMT X FE crossover everyone was expecting. Because honestly at this point it's beginning to look like just another anime that may or may not have elements to Persona or FE.

So what's new?
Well my house smelled like gasoline for some reason. So that was nice to wake up to.

kylexv

Smash Master
Well...
Since it's almost 9 P.M. in Japan right now, I doubt we're getting anything more than a stage.
I'd love to be proven wrong though.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
You know what would be cool?

That story SMT x FE crew went dimension/ universe hopping and met characters from different SMT/ Persona games. That would be cool imo.

The Pacific Ocean will be jealous of all the salt that will be generated after whatever happens in the next few days.
Yeah, but the Red Sea tho :p

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
They're definitely hinting at something.
:troll:
To be fair, I don't know what they could say at this point that wouldn't look like them hinting at something to people.

Yacht Club usually doesn't talk about other games on Twitter unless SK is involved somehow, so this looks weird. However this doesn't necessarily mean anything. They're not even asking people to vote anymore, which does look weird, but maybe that's because people are so used to reading about Wayforward's antics and think that is the logical course of action.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Breaking News: Sakurai falls asleep before making new Smash announcements, currently unknown when he will wake up

It is nighttime over in Japan, I could very well be right. :p

Chrono.

Honestly something that's weird is that, like noted before, they completely stopped campaigning for SK right after the NintendoLife article.

But the thing is, why stop then? Wouldn't that make it incredibly obvious that they were right? Why not just keep campaigning like nothing happened as a means to brush off the rumors if they were fake?

Like, if SK was really happening then they obviously had to know before the NL article (duh) so why stop right after the article if you're only gonna make yourself look incredibly suspicious?

Strofirko

Smash Master
The completely extremely super hyper obvious and overlooked question is:
Why people overanalyse every single tweet?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom