• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
There really isn't any sort of realism when it comes to Smash speculation.

Precedents and theories, sure, but thinking there is a reality when it comes to speculation here is just deluding yourself.
Still, Shovel Knight definitely isn't a very realistic outcome considering everything that I posted.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Still, Shovel Knight definitely isn't a very realistic outcome considering everything that I posted.
Be wary of sticking to an opinion.

Because any reveal now could screw you over. Realistic or not, the guy has a real chance of happening.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Be wary of sticking to an opinion.

Because any reveal now could screw you over. Realistic or not, the guy has a real chance of happening.
I don't think it will happen, I think it was a mistake involving the Amiibo and the download codes, causing the source and the retailers to get confused. And plus it's been stated several times "it's just a rumor and could easily be fake."

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That's honestly a major factor in his inclusion for me IMO if the rumour is true.
Everyone voted for him, nobody expected him, he was chosen and he's in.
Seems like a very Sakurai thing to do.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Actually I just remembered buying it on one Sony console means you get it on the others so I can see how that hurt the overall sales a little.
That and Wii U and 3DS had a pretty big head start. Still, SK is still consistently high on eshop charts, at least on 3DS.

I think the Steam version would be higher if the game had ever really gone on sale, but as far as I can tell it hasn't been discounted much.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I remember when I read Neo Zero relation with vanroose in the leak (at that time Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Dog) and I was like:
"There are really some of you who believes that we will have a character in a vehicle just because a mod is supporting the idea?
We are doomed... And he says that we will got Duck Hunt Dog.I really believe more in any other leak than this..."

Sorry for that. =/
It was hard to believe anyway, not because of you, but because no one were expecting this duo.
Now I know nothing is impossible.And is nice to see you around.

Chrono.

I'll probably get a Vita now seeing how there's a Gundam VS game (in English) coming out for it.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I own a Vita.

Which I will use today to get Persona 4 Dancing All Night. Not like I need that money for Smash related things.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'll probably get a Vita now seeing how there's a Gundam VS game (in English) coming out for it.
Vita's only worth is really some of the Japanese games available for it. Even so, most of them aren't released outside.

No wonder it flopped so hard in the West. It actually didn't do quite bad in Japan. The reason is clear.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I've replayed good Sonic games these past few days, and then I cried in a corner because I want a good new Sonic game on par with Generations.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
I find it strange that potentially all we could be getting is one stage. After all, it's near the 1 year release of Smash 4, and I think that they'd like to celebrate that with lots of content. Of course, what do I know?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Vita's only worth is really some of the Japanese games available for it. Even so, most of them aren't released outside.

No wonder it flopped so hard in the West. It actually didn't do quite bad in Japan. The reason is clear.
There is DonganRonpa but the new DR game isnt on vita, where all those games were.
Its on PS4 now

sony you messed up
I find it strange that potentially all we could be getting is one stage.
Is this really a drastic issue?

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Also, wouldn't the retailers be informed about other characters too? I don't know something about this seems like it may've been misinformation.

Neo Zero

There is DonganRonpa but the new DR game isnt on vita, where all those games were.
Its on PS4 now

sony you messed up
To be fair, I'd much rather own 3 on the Vita. It's more intimate and I can play it on the go like when I'm at work and should be working lol.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Yeah, it was clearly made for Japanese audiences.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I always kind of preferred handheld gaming over home console gaming.

The reason is exactly because you can take the game anywhere.

The handhelds have become powerful enough to handle 3D graphics and gameplay making the home consoles lose something that once was an appeal to them. (Keep in mind that I had a PS1 and GBC and later a GCN and GBA, so I had tended to associate handheld consoles to 2D and home consoles to 3D.)

Local multiplayer still works better on home consoles, so it's not like they're obsolete. They can handle things that the current handhelds still don't, but even so, the latest smartphones are quite powerful. The next handhelds could be even more powerful.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Also, wouldn't the retailers be informed about other characters too? I don't know something about this seems like it may've been misinformation.
It's possible but only if it's in their systems. Granted, the higher on the chain the earlier you're likely to hear about something like this.

Also, I decided to vote in the Ballot one last time.

Don't worry guys, I got dis.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I'm well aware.

Still, the thirst for a Gundam VS game is real and while I could just import the PS3 ones, being portable is a huge plus for me.

Plus there's a couple of other games I've been interested in too, now it's just a matter of finding a cheap one...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I tend to prefer portable gaming too since I barely have time in the day sometimes to set up a console. Also, there's a lot of thunderstorms where I live right now and I don't want the consoles to get fried during a power surge

Protip: never move to Florida for that very reason.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Whether I prefer console or handheld is completely based on which game I'm playing. With fighting games, platformers, RPG's (except Pokémon) and Zelda I greatly prefer consoles. Pokémon and visual novels for example are a great fit for handhelds though.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I saw SMTXFE get mentioned. I MIGHT get the game, need to feel the gameplay. AND THEY BETTER ADD SOME DAMN FINE UNITS. Draug was garbage, Xane would be a better FE1 character IMO
Okay, of you think this is otaku, then you've never played Azure Striker Gunvolt.

Last edited:

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063
Well nothing from Nintendo of Japan. But Nintendo of Europe just posted something about Club Nintendo closing there tomorrow.... I guess that doesn't quite cut it for us.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I saw SMTXFE get mentioned. I MIGHT get the game, need to feel the gameplay. AND THEY BETTER ADD SOME DAMN FINE UNITS. Draug was garbage, Xane would be a better FE1 character IMO
hooold on

Is the Free? hold on again

Is that Dancing all night? Best troll picture ever
It's possible but only if it's in their systems. Granted, the higher on the chain the earlier you're likely to hear about something like this.

Also, I decided to vote in the Ballot one last time.

Don't worry guys, I got dis.
The thirst is real with this one

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom