• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
User was warned for this post
I talked to sakurai and he told me this: we will get 6 more characters.

Veteran: Wolf
Older audience: King K. Rool
Younger audience : Inkling
America: Shovel Knight
Europe: Isaac
Japan: Waddle Dee

He trusted me and he thought i will keep this information for me but here you go.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

He trusted me and he thought i will keep this information for me but here you go.
That's actually a pretty good set of characters. Sakurai has good taste.
g6cYnyw.png

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Still waiting for that Konami vs Capcom game that I made up a roster for... I blame Konami for it not being a reality. :drsad:

Cool

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Tell Sakurai I still want Chrom. D:

Opossum: Chrom

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So, in case we actually only get the Mario Maker stage, how braced is everyone?
Well considering the release of just 1 stage would give the impression that all Sakurai and his team did was just make Mario Maker, I'd be very ****** off. Honestly I consider it an automatic failure if there's no DLC characters released, because that's the DLC everybody wants. If a DLC character is released, hopefully there's at least a first party character.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I feel like the angularness of old school Lara made her look more British.

The new Lara kind of looks more American with her fuller cheeks, etc.

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063
I was playing through the first few Tomb Raider games not long ago. Minus the somewhat dated controls, they are pretty fantastic. I just hope Rise of the Tomb Raider can capture more of the magic of than originals than the reboot.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Tell Sakurai I still want Chrom. D:

Opossum: Chrom
Sorry Opo, the marsupial demographic doesn't sell enough. Something about them not owning video games or something silly like that.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The latter's smile looks weird af to me XD :p
Really? I'm hung up on her gross hand myself, lol.

I feel like the angularness of old school Lara made her look more British.

The new Lara kind of looks more American with her fuller cheeks, etc.
Hm...either way I prefer the new version.
I do like that they're gradually mutating the reboot Lara Croft to have the old one's facial characteristics as she become more badass.
Although I kinda just wish she'd stay cute like in the first game D:

Shroob

Sup?
Well considering the release of just 1 stage would give the impression that all Sakurai and his team did was just make Mario Maker, I'd be very ****** off. Honestly I consider it an automatic failure if there's no DLC characters released, because that's the DLC everybody wants. If a DLC character is released, hopefully there's at least a first party character.
Well, to be fair, atm, we have no real reason to believe we're getting a character.

D

Deleted member

I better keep my expectations in check, but man I would love some Zeruda buffs.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
To be honest, I am not sure what to expect. That's why I am more on the "wait and see" side of things. Still, I am pretty excited.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
And thus, suddenly, Jibanya was revealed as a character.

Legend says that BluePikmin left the earthly life as we know it, and became something greater, that day.

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063
I better keep my expectations in check, but man I would love some Zeruda buffs.
I've been playing as her a bit lately and have grown to really like her phantom slash. Which is weird because I remember not liking it much in the 3ds version.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Don't worry guys, I'm going to play the "Oath to Hype" to summon the Four Data Miners, who will stop the Sakurai moon from crashing and find evidence of Wolf, Inkling, King K Rool, Isaac, and Shovel Knight in Smash 4's files.

D

Deleted member

I've been playing as her a bit lately and have grown to really like her phantom slash. Which is weird because I remember not liking it much in the 3ds version.
I use to not like it too, but it has situational use and also tends to catch people off guard when you use it sparingly so I'm starting to like it.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well, to be fair, atm, we have no real reason to believe we're getting a character.
It's been months since we got a character, why waste time on just Mii costumes and stages from June till the ballot when you could do characters, Mii costumes, and stages all at once. I mean why announce the Mario Maker stage weeks in advance if its the only thing? It would've been better to just release it on the 30th as a surprise. Why spend months working on 1 stage? We already know Nintendo finishes things long before their intended release.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
To be fair, the only point in which I mentioned something in relation to breasts is cracking a joke about Ryuga being flat in response to someone thinking she was a boy. (i.e. "She may be flat, but she isn't a boy.")

.....and yet I still get called out for lewdness.....the first name being called, even......

Now that I think of it, I'm legitimately offended.
Sorry if I called you out and you weren't that active in that discussion. I went through all the pages I missed this morning, so I was bound to mess something up (there were a lot of posts). I just remember you posting something in relation to that discussion (probably that post you mentioned). So again, my apologies for directly naming you.

Anyway, I still think we are getting more than the Mario Stage. The maintenence is going to last quite a bit of time, and the stage is number 5 on the website. At the very least another stage and a Mii Costume. The lack of an announcement for a trailer hurts the characters chances, but it's still slightly possible IMO.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Sorry if I called you out and you weren't that active in that discussion. I went through all the pages I missed this morning, so I was bound to mess something up (there were a lot of posts). I just remember you posting something in relation to that discussion (probably that post you mentioned). So again, my apologies for directly naming you.

Anyway, I still think we are getting more than the Mario Stage. The maintenence is going to last quite a bit of time, and the stage is number 5 on the website. At the very least another stage and a Mii Costume. The lack of an announcement for a trailer hurts the characters chances, but it's still slightly possible IMO.
I'd be more inclined to believe the maintenance mattered if we didn't get an hour maintenance recently that had nothing.

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063
Maybe Sakurai feels he's added all of the characters he feels should be in, and now he is waiting for the end of the ballot to finish the roster with what the fans want. We got three characters last time, it's not like there has to be one after a certain amount of time either.

Guys, I can't find the tab to strike through text.
Was it moved somewhere in the Smashboards update or is my text editor bugged?
It's the little box with a plus in it.

Edit: sorry double

Last edited by a moderator:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Maybe Sakurai feels he's added all of the characters he feels should be in

He was added into Brawl because of fan demand, the only reason Sakurai would not feel he should be in would be because of bias. Wolf is a veteran who has tons of support, if Sakurai knew of Lucas' support, he knew of Wolf's.

Shroob

Sup?
It's been months since we got a character, why waste time on just Mii costumes and stages from June till the ballot when you could do characters, Mii costumes, and stages all at once. I mean why announce the Mario Maker stage weeks in advance if its the only thing? It would've been better to just release it on the 30th as a surprise. Why spend months working on 1 stage? We already know Nintendo finishes things long before their intended release.
As much as I want to agree with you, unless there's a post or something about the update tomorrow, the only facts we have for certainty is that there is a single stage coming.

Don't get me wrong, it's weird as ****. Why is it taking an hour and a half for maintenance for one stage? Where are the Mii Outfits, but, ya know, Sakurai is Sakurai.

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063

He was added into Brawl because of fan demand, the only reason Sakurai would not feel he should be in would be because of bias. Wolf is a veteran who has tons of support, if Sakurai knew of Lucas' support, he knew of Wolf's.
Please correct me if I'm wrong (I probably am), but weren't people surprised by Wolf's inclusion and were expecting Krystal? Not that this disproves your claim at all, I just feel like I read that somewhere.

D

Deleted member

I can't wait for us to only get the Mario Maker stage and to everyone be disapointed
I sure as hell will because WHERE THE **** ARE MY MII COSTUMES????

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I can't wait for us to only get the Mario Maker stage and to everyone be disapointed
I sure as hell will because WHERE THE **** ARE MY MII COSTUMES????
The beauty of going in with only the stage as an expectation, am I right? :p

Anything beyond the stage will just be a nice surprise for me.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Please correct me if I'm wrong (I probably am), but weren't people surprised by Wolf's inclusion and were expecting Krystal? Not that this disproves your claim at all, I just feel like I read that somewhere.
According to a certain source of the gaming variety, Wolf was only included over Krystal in Brawl because he could be easier based on Fox and Falco conceptually.
Now...this is DLC, he has plenty of time to make her unique, and she's still demanded a lot...
I fear the worst.

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063
According to a certain source of the gaming variety, Wolf was only included over Krystal in Brawl because he could be easier based on Fox and Falco conceptually.
Now...this is DLC, he has plenty of time to make her unique, and she's still demanded a lot...
I fear the worst.
I thought it was something like that. But anyway, I have very little faith in getting a character this time. It just doesn't feel right. Now of course I would be ecstatic if it actually happened, but I don't expect it.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
As much as I want to agree with you, unless there's a post or something about the update tomorrow, the only facts we have for certainty is that there is a single stage coming.

Don't get me wrong, it's weird as ****. Why is it taking an hour and a half for maintenance for one stage? Where are the Mii Outfits, but, ya know, Sakurai is Sakurai.
its not the maintenance, but the idea that all Sakurai and his team did was solely work on Mario Maker, which would be a huge waste of resources. They've shown in the past that they can work on characters and stages simultaneously. I'll give it an automatic fail, if its just 1 stage just because they could have done lots more. The ballot is almost over, and we still don't know how many characters they'll do from that, releasing some characters would make some fans happy (depending on which characters they are). Spending months on 1 stage when they could've done more is a giant fail. To be honest I'm not really hyped up for the Mario Maker stage that much, since I usually just play for glory, and I'm not to excited about more Mario stuff (unless its Waluigi).

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
to be fair i think mario maker being the only thing we get is fine.... Depending on how many layouts it has

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063
its not the maintenance, but the idea that all Sakurai and his team did was solely work on Mario Maker, which would be a huge waste of resources. They've shown in the past that they can work on characters and stages simultaneously. I'll give it an automatic fail, if its just 1 stage just because they could have done lots more. The ballot is almost over, and we still don't know how many characters they'll do from that, releasing some characters would make some fans happy (depending on which characters they are). Spending months on 1 stage when they could've done more is a giant fail. To be honest I'm not really hyped up for the Mario Maker stage that much, since I usually just play for glory, and I'm not to excited about more Mario stuff (unless its Waluigi).
How do you know the team didn't take a break or something since the last update. Give them a chance. Also, this stage has a lot more going on than any of the other dlc stages. Most of them were just ported from another game. You could also argue the Miiverse stage is complex, but they advertised that much longer before its release than this stage so they obviously took time to make it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Worst DLC update ever.

I'm a whiner and I'm proud.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So when did Sakurai say the Mario Maker stage is the only thing being worked? What if the Mario Maker stage was the only thing ready for release but other stuff was still being made? At least we'd be getting something other than an even longer wait for more content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom