• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
They still chose the new, non-canon Young Heihachi who was only ever meant to be used in Tag 2.
Young Heihachi has been used constantly in other games as well as a way to show respect to the original voice actor of Heihachi who died a couple of years ago. Ever since his death the only new appearance of Old Heihachi has been in SFxT and Tekken 7 (and PSABR if you count that costume)

D

Deleted member

Okay guys, I'll be back to my regular posting levels. I have work, but I'll be "here" more than I have been in the past week. So be on your best behavior :p

I know this is old discussion, but please refrain from talking about traps, "flat chest", etc. The discussion on female anatomy went on for too long and at worst those posts can be in violation of the NSFW/PG-13 rule. I get it that it's a joke but the previous two discussions came off as spam and went on for far too long. Let's try to keep things related to video games.

@GoldenYuiitusin
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen
@HyperFalcon

(Sorry if I forgot someone who was involved in that discussion, but this is a public warning for all those involved)
What? We never discuss those
Which is a shame really
But what's the problem with discussing them? Stop kinkshaming me Push

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Okay.

I didn't expect this.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is now at the top of my backlog list after Mario Maker.
Tekken Ball is so damn fun and I hate that it is exclusive to the Wii U version.

Also it's pretty easy to recreate Tekken Ball on Smash 4 as well. Just use the soccer ball and set the knockback higher at 2.0

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Young Heihachi has been used constantly in other games as well as a way to show respect to the original voice actor of Heihachi who died a couple of years ago. Ever since his death the only new appearance of Old Heihachi has been in SFxT and Tekken 7 (and PSABR if you count that costume)
Yes, I'm well aware. At the time I applauded the de-aging as a clever way to mask the recasting. But it was always meant as a temporary thing, that would (and did) go back when the next canon game was released. So they chose the design that they knew was only temporary.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Since now we're talking about Heihachi... what's the current status of Tekken 7?

I really want to know what's going to happen to him in the story... I really hope they don't kill him just to finally conclude the Mishima arc

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
What? We never discuss those
Which is a shame really
But what's the problem with discussing them? Stop kinkshaming me Push
I have no problem with kinks (trust me). This thread just isn't the place to discuss what gets you going. Anything above pg-13 isn't allowed. Keep that discussion to PMs.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Since now we're talking about Heihachi... what's the current status of Tekken 7?

I really want to know what's going to happen to him in the story... I really hope they don't kill him just to finally conclude the Mishima arc
Even if they kill him in canon, he's not going anywhere as a playable character. His appearance in Tekken 5 was already non-canon, so it's not without precedence for him to playable even if he's not part of the story.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Can we go back into talking about PS All Stars Battle Royale? Please.

So who do you want in sequel when ever it's made and Sony will give them a bigger budget

Mines just bring back almost all the characters and DLC fighters. Remove Isaac Clarke, Big Daddy and Donte.

Add in Deslin, Fetch, Joel, Ellie, anyone from Bloodborne, Un Lammy Jammer, the actual Dante, Big Boss, Sora, a few indie characters, the chick from Horizon, Ryo, Scorpion, Ryu Haysbusa and the big 4

Crash Bandicoot
Spyro the Dragon
Lara Croft
Cloud
Classic Dante, Crash, Spyro, Snake, Cloud, Lara Croft, Jill Valentine, Tomba, Dart, Joel, Gabe Logan, Advanced Chimera Hybrid, Rau Utu, Rudy Roughnight, Tigershark, Dr. Nefarious, Finn (Sorcery)

D

Deleted member

I have no problem with kinks (trust me). This thread just isn't the place to discuss what gets you going. Anything above pg-13 isn't allowed. Keep that discussion to PMs.
I wasn't talking about kink seriously though...
I can understand not talking about fetishes
But I never said the reason I like those types of character is because of some
Well, it MAY be but that's not the main reason
I'll make sure to have a family friendly discussion tho

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
While I'm still braced and ready for just Mario Maker... I'm going to be SO OCD about that darn SSS.
Normally I'm not, I mean I could care less about the CSS shape or even the regular SSS, but... that gap in the bottom right corner of "Extras" is going to TORMENT me. At least just put it in the center until another stage comes... if any.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The fact that they haven't commented on just the stage so far as a reminder keeps me hopeful, but it also keeps me sort of certain that all we're getting is the stage.

It's just strange to think Sakurai would only release one thing.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The fact that they haven't commented on just the stage so far as a reminder keeps me hopefully, but it also keeps me sort of certain that all we're getting is the stage.

Especially since:

Originally Posted by Source Gaming

The update contained 3 characters, 3 stages, and 9 costumes, but mass production isn’t easy. The 3DS isn’t suited for successive downloads, and there are people who don’t have Wi-Fi in their homes and go to convenience stores to connect, so we made sure to put a lot of forethought into the process.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
PSASBR problems and such?

Many of you probably know I'm slightly biased toward the game and like to point out how it's not as bad as many make it out to be. It's a fun game! Seriously, one of my best friends had it, and we played it all the time when I came over. That said, there are issues.

Most of them can be summed up by saying, honestly, Superbot was too ambitious for their own good. With this kind of game, there are massive expectations that go into it. Just look at the "Big 4 are missing" stuff even in this thread. They wanted this to be big. The KO mechanic was a big issue with many people, especially if your main has a terrible Level One or Level Two. I get what they were trying to go for: have your AP Gauge act like your opponent's life bar, in a sense. Like, the more you let the foe hit you, their AP increasing is like your health decreasing. Then avoiding the super move would be like recovering in Smash from a near-fatal blow. The thing with that though, is that it's not uniform enough. There are too many character-to-character factors that make that imbalanced.

Other than New!Dante, I had no problem with the roster, actually. I felt every character was justified. Hell, even Evil Cole was justified, in a sense. InFAMOUS is all about the morality duality, giving different powers based on your actions. Plus that was one of Insomniac's provisions, IIRC. Some call foul on Raiden, Big Daddy, and Isaac Clarke, but I thought they were all fun additions and rather worthy. Those are some pretty big names.

Who would I like to see in a hypothetical sequel? Well, Lara, Crash, Cloud, and Spyro, of course, as well as Abe and Dart to see old plans come through. Wander from Shadow of the Colossus would be neat. Snake would be great. Captain Qwark would be hilarious. Then maybe Delsin Rowe, Joel and Ellie (maybe a tag team mechanic? Kinda fitting maybe. Or just them solo.), some Bloodborne action, Chop Chop Master Onion, and hey, maybe even Shovel Knight.

But all in all, I just love that I can play as Sackboy in a fighting game while assaulting people with cake and electrical traps. :p

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Speaking of Mario Maker, try this stage out please.

Wet-Dry World
CBD1-0000-007B-B76B

I utilized New's mechanics to try and make a stage where you are required to travel between underwater and land as to proceed forward. There is a break halfway through the stage where you can choose to continue underwater or on foot.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If PSASBR gets a sequel, aside from total gameplay and presentation overhauls, this is who I want to see the most:

- Ellie from The Last of Us (maybe as a tag team with Joel but I'd prefer her by herself)
- Wander from Shadow of the Colossus)
- Spyro the Dragon
- Lara Croft
- Jill Valentine
- Garl Vinland from Demon's Souls

Having Jill Valentine and Lara Croft in a game together would actually be pretty badass.
Demon's Souls and The Last of Us are some of my favorite games of all time and they're both PS exclusive so yes please give them reps.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Playstation All-Stars should get Sonic and Megaman... What you guys think 3rd party characters don't need to be close with Nintendo to be in Smash, so why not give us characters in PSAS that aren't close with Sony. :troll:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ellie is an obvious choice for a character is PSASBR but it would make me unbelievably happy.
If they somehow exclude her though a Demon's Souls or Bloodborne rep would make up for it.

FYI this is Garl Vinland:

He's a holy knight that wields a huge ****ing hammer and a shield for his weapon.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, the only point in which I mentioned something in relation to breasts is cracking a joke about Ryuga being flat in response to someone thinking she was a boy. (i.e. "She may be flat, but she isn't a boy.")

.....and yet I still get called out for lewdness.....the first name being called, even......

Now that I think of it, I'm legitimately offended.

Last edited by a moderator:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
The fact that they haven't commented on just the stage so far as a reminder keeps me hopeful, but it also keeps me sort of certain that all we're getting is the stage.

Have they remotely addressed the Smash Ballot lately? I just realized I haven't really heard anything about it from them in months. Maybe they have so many ballots already that they don't want to remind people and get a crazy flood of votes right before it ends?
They might have something when the stage (and possibly other stuff) reminding people to go submit their ideas and then show off some upcoming stuff? I mean, I'm leaning towards just the stage too, but we know they have to be announcing other stuff pretty dang soon. Maybe they'll at least ANNOUNCE new costumes or something when the MM stage releases.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
To be fair, the only point in which I mentioned something in relation to breasts is cracking a joke about Ryuga being flat in response to someone thinking she was a boy. (i.e. "She may be flat, but she isn't a boy.")

.....and yet I still get called out for lewdness.....the first name being called, even......

Now that I think of it, I'm legitimately offended.
Didn't you post an image? Not to mention you're the only one of the three named who isn't female. Maybe Push named you first for a reason?

1 dey Push en golen go 2 da moovies n kiss 'golen u kyoot' push sei. 'b-baka!' golen reeplied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom