• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Metal Gear without Kojima is like Smash without Sakurai or Xeno without Takahashi. They're the kind of people that have a certain signature style in their works.

That said, there are plenty of game series that have done fairly well without their original creators. Kirby is one such example.

Of course, others went downhill once their creators left, as is the case of Castlevania or Devil May Cry.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72567003

I'm reserving judgment on this, but what do you guys think?

tl;dr version:
-Tamaki's source was misinformed; Shovel Knight is getting Swordfighter costume.
-A Star Fox Zero stage was planned to be released with Super Mario Maker alongside Wolf. Talks about delaying release until SFZ gets a new release date.
-Ballot is a "Suggestion Box", not a "Voting Booth".
-K. Rool, Inklings and Shovel Knight are being considered; the costumes are just acknowledgements of their popularity.
-Zant may be DLC despite low demand due to lack of Zelda newcomers.
-Rayman is in talks, but is unlikely due to Nintendo's and Ubisoft's shaky relationship.
-Isaac is the front runner.
-Ballot character will get a stage to go with them.
-Balance patch coming; may be held off due to possible Wolf delay.
Eh... this is a text leak, so I don't really buy it that much. Although I will commend the person for putting a little bit of time and thought into it.

Although, I'll still keep an eye on it and see if anything from this happens. Sometimes, its good to keep an open mind at the right times.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Metal Gear without Kojima is like Smash without Sakurai or Xeno without Takahashi. They're the kind of people that have a certain signature style in their works.

That said, there are plenty of game series that have done fairly well without their original creators. Kirby is one such example.

Of course, others went downhill once their creators left, as is the case of Castlevania or Devil May Cry.
Oh don't worry Frost! I'm sure it'll do good as a pachinko machine! Look at how well it worked for Silent Hill and Castlevania.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72567003

I'm reserving judgment on this, but what do you guys think?

tl;dr version:
-Tamaki's source was misinformed; Shovel Knight is getting Swordfighter costume.
-A Star Fox Zero stage was planned to be released with Super Mario Maker alongside Wolf. Talks about delaying release until SFZ gets a new release date.
-K. Rool, Inklings and Shovel Knight are being considered; the costumes are just acknowledgements of their popularity.
-Zant may be DLC despite low demand due to lack of Zelda newcomers.
-Rayman is in talks, but is unlikely due to Nintendo's and Ubisoft's shaky relationship.
-Isaac is the front runner.
-Ballot character will get a stage to go with them.
-Balance patch coming; may be held off due to possible Wolf delay.
There's only one part of that leak that I believe is true.

THIS part, to be specific:

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
What did he take?
oh boy. are you ready?

he took my 40in samsung hdtv (which i bought back from the pawn shop.)
my xbox 360 console
all 26 of my xbox 360 games
my 3ds xl
my new 3ds xl
almost all my 3ds games
my ipad
my ipod

i'm sure that all that stuff together would ring up over a $1000 worth. you have no idea how pissed i was when i found out. i'm glad he has been arrested. but i cant relax yet. apparently he got arrested in texas and i live in florida. didn't think he would leave the state. and i'm not even sure if he still has the rest of my stuff or if he sold them off. only time will tell.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
sorry to interupt, but i just have to share this! the guy who took my stuff about a month ago has been arrested! justice is being served!

sorry about that. continue with your discussions.
I'm really happy to hear you got the justice you deserve. May all your merchandise be restored as well, and hope this kind of event doesn't happen to you again pal.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh don't worry Frost! I'm sure it'll do good as a pachinko machine! Look at how well it worked for Silent Hill and Castlevania.
Ah, yes. Featuring erotic violence for bonus points. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Konami's franchises are doomed to be fodder for pachinko machines or mobile games, going by the decisions they've been making. They want to abandon higher-budget games.

Konami may not go bankrupt or anything, but they will slowly fade away from the more traditional gaming industry. The Konami that was famous outside of Japan and that did countless classic games is effectively dead at this point. Kojima's departure pretty much cements this, but other creators of their IPs are long gone such as Koji Igarashi (creator of Castlevania).

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
I'm really happy to hear you got the justice you deserve. May all your merchandise be restored as well, and hope this kind of event doesn't happen to you again pal.
thank you! i'll be more careful in the future. even if i dont get my stuff back, at least he won't be stealing from anyone again for a long while.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's funny that you guys think this satire is deep.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
oh boy. are you ready?

he took my 40in samsung hdtv (which i bought back from the pawn shop.
my xbox 360 console
all 26 of my xbox 360 games
my 3ds xl
my new 3ds xl
almost all my 3ds games
my ipad
my ipod

i'm sure that all that stuff together would ring up over a $1000 worth. you have no idea how pissed i was when i found out. i'm glad he has been arrested. but i cant relax yet. apparently he got arrested in texas and i live in florida. didn't think he would leave the state. and i'm nopt even sure if he still has the rest of my stuff or if he sold them off. only time will tell.
Seeing the stuff he stole and the fact that your TV was already in a pawnshop, I sadly want to say the rest of that stuff is long gone

Shame on him for stealing all of that on the first place though

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Ah, yes. Featuring erotic violence for bonus points. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Konami's franchises are doomed to be fodder for pachinko machines or mobile games, going by the decisions they've been making. They want to abandon higher-budget games.

Konami may not go bankrupt or anything, but they will slowly fade away from the more traditional gaming industry. The Konami that was famous outside of Japan and that did countless classic games is effectively dead at this point. Kojima's departure pretty much cements this, but other creators of their IPs are long gone such as Koji Igarashi (creator of Castlevania).
I still find it amazing that a title like Castlevania: Erotic Violence exists. Had it been in a leak, people would have thought it was some elaborate prank by a 10-year old troll who got too drunk or something.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Still nothing from Nintendo, huh? What if all we get on the 30th really is the Mario Maker stage? :c

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Seeing the stuff he stole and the fact that your TV was already in a pawnshop, I sadly want to say the rest of that stuff is long gone

Shame on him for stealing all of that on the first place though
yea, i don't have much hope that he still has my stuff. in any case, i will press charges on him big time. and if he has a brain at all, he will think about not stealing again. either way, there have been other good things happening to me lately, and this is just icing on the cake. i will rebuild from this, no point of moping about it anymore.

oh and my retro 3 pack amiibos came in the mail today! yay! ^_^

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
i know, but i am determined to collect them all. my wallet on the other hand has plenty of tears to cry out.
He can join the other wallets in their mourning.
The three pack is worth buying though. They are really detailed and nice. I'm glad stock is being kept on them though. Ganondorf apparently wasn't as stocked though. My gamestop told my parents that the one I got for my Bday the other day was the only one the store got. II wonder why there was such a differences when they both released the same day.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's less than buying three normal amiibos.

You get it at a discount.

How is it too much?
Exactly, you save nearly $15, which is worth it imo. Which actually makes me think of something.
Anyone think we could get a DLC amiibo Bundle? Maybe with the vets or the June Update characters down the line?

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Still nothing from Nintendo, huh? What if all we get on the 30th really is the Mario Maker stage? :c
What if all we get is what they're telling us we're going to get? Oh no, it's a nightmare. :094:

Honestly though, it's not like it would be that long of a wait til we got more content. The ballot ends 3 days later and we'd most likely know the results sometime in October on who got picked at least, if not a character they've been working on already in celebration of the ballot ending or something.

I had a thought yesterday though. Wouldn't it be cool if the Mario Maker stage came with... the Mario Maker costume for Mario? (like the builder Mario outfit) and that was their way of confirming they are working on Alternate Costumes as well as the DLC characters?

Exactly, you save nearly $15, which is worth it imo. Which actually makes me think of something.
Anyone think we could get a DLC amiibo Bundle? Maybe with the vets or the June Update characters down the line?
How is it saving $15? It's like saving 4 dollars. Amiibos are $13 each and you're getting 3 for $35.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom