• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
That doesn't answer my question at all.

I said "time."
So sorry, I forgot that dates weren't at all related to time at all. Oh wait. =P
The earliest article I can find for the Mario Maker reveal was at 6:15 and I remember it being the evening so somewhere around 5 or 6 Pacific probably.
And like I said, the Mii Costumes kinda just were revealed one by one at non specific times right before the tourney update.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Bear in mind that a text leak from Gamefaqs is much more believable than a text leak from 4chan since we've actually had legit text leaks there.

Still should be taken with a truckload of salt given it's a perfect time for fake leaks to sprout.
While gamefaqs has had legit leaks before, they're one in thousands. Most of them are junk, this one has a lot of the same flags (getting into the character selection process, tons of "details" while being vague at the same time) and there's no reason to really look at it. Doesn't really matter where it was posted.

Chrono.

I'll say this much, I'd like for Zant to get in if only because it'd put the "No one off Zelda characters" theory put to rest.

Unfortunately, this is likely all hogwash.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
At least now we know what direction conker was really taking:
Ditching the black humor platform to a generic MMO was not really good though.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Has there ever been a direct that was announced very little time before?
I think Sakurai announced the ZSS/Shiek/Yoshi/Charizard/Greninja Direct one day before it aired VIA a Pic of the Day.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Sounds like something a very insightful fan wrote really the tama shovel knight rumor doesnt seemm like something nintendo would know about.or the ballot is a suggeston box which is a something 75% people dont know.and the costumes just screan k rool and inklings aren't out of the running

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72567003

I'm reserving judgment on this, but what do you guys think?

tl;dr version:
-Tamaki's source was misinformed; Shovel Knight is getting Swordfighter costume.
-A Star Fox Zero stage was planned to be released with Super Mario Maker alongside Wolf. Talks about delaying release until SFZ gets a new release date.
-Ballot is a "Suggestion Box", not a "Voting Booth".
-K. Rool, Inklings and Shovel Knight are being considered; the costumes are just acknowledgements of their popularity.
-Zant may be DLC despite low demand due to lack of Zelda newcomers.
-Rayman is in talks, but is unlikely due to Nintendo's and Ubisoft's shaky relationship.
-Isaac is the front runner.
-Ballot character will get a stage to go with them.
-Balance patch coming; may be held off due to possible Wolf delay.
As much as I want Isaac, I don't believe the leak for a moment.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sounds like something a very insightful fan wrote really the tama shovel knight rumor doesnt seemm like something nintendo would know about.or the ballot is a suggeston box which is a something 75% people dont know.and the costumes just screan k rool and inklings aren't out of the running
If Yacht Club knows about it, I'm pretty sure Nintendo has at least.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just saying, while I'm skeptical of text leaks as ever, using "So-and-So wasn't even mentioned" is a terrible way of proving something fake. Remember when Dark Pit and Dr. Mario, alongside the lack of Ridley, "proved" the ESRB leak wrong?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Bear in mind that a text leak from Gamefaqs is much more believable than a text leak from 4chan since we've actually had legit text leaks there.

Still should be taken with a truckload of salt given it's a perfect time for fake leaks to sprout.
It's really not, no. There's no credibility to this leak whatsoever.

Even if GameFAQs had some real ones back in the Brawl era, its track record for SSB4 is quite bad. That's where the Pipeburst leak originated.

Just saying, while I'm skeptical of text leaks as ever, using "So-and-So wasn't even mentioned" is a terrible way of proving something fake. Remember when Dark Pit and Dr. Mario, alongside the lack of Ridley, "proved" the ESRB leak wrong?
At the same time, there's no reason to consider this leak at all. Why should anyone suspend their disbelief?

"It's from GameFAQs and not 4chan" has already proven flimsy. This leak has the same odor of a wish list as Tower of Smash.

"Guys, those characters you want are in consideration! Mii Costumes mean nothing! You don't like Shovel Knight? Well, he's not in and the rumors are wrong! Wolf's back, too! :D :D :D"

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Less, than two days away and no new info. I give up expecting anymore DLC Wednesday (Mii costumes maybe, but not the most exciting thing to see).

D

Deleted member

It's really not, no. There's no credibility to this leak whatsoever.

Even if GameFAQs had some real ones back in the Brawl era, its track record for SSB4 is quite bad. That's where the Pipeburst leak originated.
I didn't say this leak should be believed.
I said that a text leak from Gamefaqs > a text leak from 4chan.
Which cannot be denied, because while Gamefaqs has a shoddy track record, it's better than having a track record of 0.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The only DLCs that were clearly promotions were the Inkling costumes (first announced on the Splatoon Direct, released alongside Lucas, Roy and Ryu a few weeks after Splatoon's release) and now, Super Mario Maker (announced shortly after the game's release and to be released around two weeks later).

Chrono.

I just want the 30th to get here already, in between the quiet Nintendo accounts, YCG's teabagging and fake leaks. I'm tired.

Just hit me with your best shot Nintendo put me out of my misery.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually, the video was only posted AFTER the updated dropped
I even remember that we first learned about BK through Push
This is indeed correct. So it's unlikely that we could get a character just thrown in there when it launches, but it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility, although I would say only expect that for mii costumes if that happened.

Soul.

Meh I don't care anymore. Give me whatever the update includes and that's that.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The whole Wolf and the Starfox reveal delay is the most unbelievable part of the leak. I'm pretty sure that the teams working on DLC and SF0 are completely different. And content promotions sake are rare.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
How about we not go back into chests again? Because Lord knows the first time went well.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Do you realize how sexist what you just said was?
That's not sexist at all, it's just uninformed. If someone thinks a boy's club is 100% male, how is that sexist (this is a hypothetical; I'm not saying the Smash fandom is a boy's club)? There may be some underlying sexism, but that post was not sexist.

D

Deleted member

We already had enough chest discussion yesterday
Today, to celebrate the success of Shovel Knight, we'll be discussing
Butts

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
sorry to interupt, but i just have to share this! the guy who took my stuff about a month ago has been arrested! justice is being served!

sorry about that. continue with your discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom