• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It's really not, no. There's no credibility to this leak whatsoever.

Even if GameFAQs had some real ones back in the Brawl era, its track record for SSB4 is quite bad. That's where the Pipeburst leak originated.

At the same time, there's no reason to consider this leak at all. Why should anyone suspend their disbelief?

"It's from GameFAQs and not 4chan" has already proven flimsy. This leak has the same odor of a wish list as Tower of Smash.

"Guys, those characters you want are in consideration! Mii Costumes mean nothing! You don't like Shovel Knight? Well, he's not in and the rumors are wrong! Wolf's back, too! :D :D :D"
The... Pipeburst... Leak... *Laughter*

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Blaze It. It's crazy to think this has gotten 420 pages in less than a month.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What if all we get is what they're telling us we're going to get? Oh no, it's a nightmare. :094:

Honestly though, it's not like it would be that long of a wait til we got more content. The ballot ends 3 days later and we'd most likely know the results sometime in October on who got picked at least, if not a character they've been working on already in celebration of the ballot ending or something.

I had a thought yesterday though. Wouldn't it be cool if the Mario Maker stage came with... the Mario Maker costume for Mario? (like the builder Mario outfit) and that was their way of confirming they are working on Alternate Costumes as well as the DLC characters?

How is it saving $15? It's like saving 4 dollars. Amiibos are $13 each and you're getting 3 for $35.
Ok I did the math wrong, it is more like $7, which isn't to bad, I mean if you want them, then you will buy probably, is what it really comes down to with the amiibos.
It's interesting, and possible, but the theory looks grim as of now, since there is no announcement in site it seems.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
It's worth noting that's it's currently 6 AM over in Japan. If there's another announcement coming, it should be soon. If not, well.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Ok I did the math wrong, it is more like $7, which isn't to bad, I mean if you want them, then you will buy probably, is what it really comes down to with the amiibos.

It's interesting, and possible, but the theory looks grim as of now, since there is no announcement in site it seems.
H... how are you saying it's more like $7? I literally just told you the amount it would be. It's a $4 difference. 13x3 is $39. The bundle is $35. Like, I'm not trying to make this an argument but, come on man. haha

There's only one part of that leak that I believe is true.

THIS part, to be specific:
And the reason we believe that part to be true is that Nintendo said it themselves that it's more of a suggestion box. haha

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
It's the first time Nintendo will upload a "complex" stage, so maybe that's why the maintenance will take a while (or at least Nintendo thinks it'll take them that amount of time)

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
It's the first time Nintendo will upload a "complex" stage, so maybe that's why the maintenance will take a while (or at least Nintendo think it'll take them that amount of time)
That's true. Honestly, it's a crazy amount of assets just for one stage.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Remember guys, we haven't even had a reminder from Nintendo about the stage yet.

If we get a reminder in an official capacity, and nothing else is announced then we can really start thinking that we're due the stage only.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can't imagine Mario Maker is really that complex. I suspect it's not as limitless as the trailer for it made it sound.

That'd be a development nightmare.

D

Deleted member

The bundle costed me $50 counting taxes
Man, **** Canada
I'm just joking, Canada is a beautiful country and I love it

Soul.

I'm not seeing anything complex about the SMM stage. Random layouts, hand fixing broken parts... that's normal.
Again, if all we get is that stage I can care less; everyone's going to get it anyway. Hopefully they do something once the Ballot ends.

D

Deleted member

Complex would be Jungle Hijinx or Pyrosphere
SMM is just a bunch of stages in one

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
H... how are you saying it's more like $7? I literally just told you the amount it would be. It's a $4 difference. 13x3 is $39. The bundle is $35. Like, I'm not trying to make this an argument but, come on man. haha

And the reason we believe that part to be true is that Nintendo said it themselves that it's more of a suggestion box. haha
That was the number I came up with, my mistake. math is far from my strongest skill xD. I still saved some me with my pro gamestop card though, which was nice. That's one plus to having gamestop in the states.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I can't imagine Mario Maker is really that complex. I suspect it's not as limitless as the trailer for it made it sound.

Well, it's complex in that it is somewhat random and has 4 different possible graphical outputs. Two 8-bit versions, 16-bit and 3D. Even just for the Omega version of the stage, it would need 4 different versions of the stage to flip through; one for each game. So take that, plus all the different random assets. It might not be limitless, but that's still more going on than any of the other stages we have in terms of extra assets.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Frostwraith Frostwraith Oh my god, have you seen the Pipeburst rumor? XD
Pipeburst rumor? What are you talking about?

In terms of textures and images, it's all ripped from the original games.

Programming-wise, I'd imagine it could use a similar algorithm as Tortimer Island, which also has a random layout. Of course, the Mario Maker stage ought to be way more complex.

It probably isn't 100% random because that theoretically could create literally unplayable stages, but it likely follows certain patterns, just arranged in many different ways every time the stage is loaded.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Gaming along with Amiibos are more costly in Canada than in the US due to the CAD being high.
Isnt Canada in a ressesion or am I pulling up something that isnt true?
That's still less than what I had to pay
Im afraid to ask what you have to pay for them tbh

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well, it's complex in that it is somewhat random and has 4 different possible graphical outputs. Two 8-bit versions, 16-bit and 3D. Even just for the Omega version of the stage, it would need 4 different versions of the stage to flip through; one for each game. So take that, plus all the different random assets. It might not be limitless, but that's still more going on than any of the other stages we have in terms of extra assets.
If I remember correctly, I think someone said on Reddit that all they add into the server is the STAGE ID so both copies of Smash Wii U/3DS load the same stage and stay in sync. I'm not 100% sure on this, but it does seem like a pretty logical guess (even though I don't know how the servers work myself).

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Pipeburst rumor? What are you talking about?

In terms of textures and images, it's all ripped from the original games.

Programming-wise, I'd imagine it could use a similar algorithm as Tortimer Island, which also has a random layout. Of course, the Mario Maker stage ought to be way more complex.

It probably isn't 100% random because that theoretically could create literally unplayable stages, but it likely follows certain patterns, just arranged in many different ways every time the stage is loaded.
This should be worth a laugh.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69648539

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
2 days left and i still dont think were getting another character.Another stage is more liekly and even that seems grim.I truely just expect the MM stage which by the way is awesome i hope there's a qay to pick a certain theme like the animal crossing track in mario kart 8

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Still nothing from Nintendo, huh? What if all we get on the 30th really is the Mario Maker stage? :c
If we just get the MM stage and there's still that goofy dead space on the stage select screen, it means more's coming, just not now.

I don't get why everybody believes the next DLC character has to ship on the 30th. It's not like the world ends in October.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So what's going on in this thread?

Kudos to Sakurai for drawing this for the Smash 64 website to keep the hidden goodies locked behind another screen just in case
Well, whatever comes this Wednesday, I got $31.51 on my eShop account to buy the contents for both 3DS & Wii U Smash.
Mind sharing some of that cash? :4pacman:
*shot down by mods*

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You knoe, I don't get from where all the GameStop hate comes from
In my country, it would be considered better than the best
[Input rant about gaming in Brazil here]

Which part?
About the price? Nope
About Canana? Yes
The price and I think most of the gamestop hate comes from the fact their certain gs did something wrong, that pissed them off and so GS is the devil

The ones I have gone to have been nothing but good and filled with friendly people

Last edited:

Chrono.

Though someone in that GAF thread noted that adding stages shouldn't cause server downtime no matter how complex.

Though tbh I don't think we're getting anything more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom