• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

You gotta wonder why there's only gameplay footage of the characters standing and not moving at all.
I think that's a sign that the gameplay could be fake.
The creator pretty much confirmed it themselves on Twitter.

Not to mention there's history with them and this sort of thing (SEGA X Splatoon).

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Besides Namco Bandai isn't gonna let some punk like Miku in when they have superior idols they can use anytime
Cinderella Girls suck. OGs for life

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The creator pretty much confirmed it themselves on Twitter.

Not to mention there's history with them and this sort of thing (SEGA X Splatoon).
I know that, just taking it from a perspective of not knowing the guy who made the leak.
Could really help us determine how a gameplay leak is fake.

Last edited:
Also isn't this technically our first fake gameplay leak? I mean the Chrom one could have been but wasnt projected as one.

RIP omni's leak there is one who has outdone you. Even if Omni's was far higher quality

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That honestly is the most convincing leak we've ever had that turned out fake.

This is the type of leak that needs a ''How I did it?"

Not things like Omni rip-offs.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I feel like we would have much better quality (ie, either real ones, or convincing fakes which trick us and bring good conversation at least) if people just took 5 minutes to look at the pics/footage/text, thought about it, and googled the person who made it.

As soon as you comment on someone's leak like "What if it's real??" They've already won. All they want is attention. I'd recommend not posting leaks that are obviously fake, because it just encourages lazy leaks for attention.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
For me, the suspicious thing about this leak was Hatsune Miku. She isn't owned by Sega, though they have the license to make games. That alone was the giveaway for me.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
For me, the suspicious thing about this leak was Hatsune Miku. She isn't owned by Sega, though they have the license to make games. That alone was the giveaway for me.
I always thought Crypton had a share with SEGA.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72567003

I'm reserving judgment on this, but what do you guys think?

tl;dr version:
-Tamaki's source was misinformed; Shovel Knight is getting Swordfighter costume.
-A Star Fox Zero stage was planned to be released with Super Mario Maker alongside Wolf. Talks about delaying release until SFZ gets a new release date.
-Ballot is a "Suggestion Box", not a "Voting Booth".
-K. Rool, Inklings and Shovel Knight are being considered; the costumes are just acknowledgements of their popularity.
-Zant may be DLC despite low demand due to lack of Zelda newcomers.
-Rayman is in talks, but is unlikely due to Nintendo's and Ubisoft's shaky relationship.
-Isaac is the front runner.
-Ballot character will get a stage to go with them.
-Balance patch coming; may be held off due to possible Wolf delay.
First things first, nice how they built them selves an out with the Wolf delay. That's classic fake leak building, right there.

Seems super fake, over all. It all comes off like something someone who spends a lot of time in this thread would come up with. So... Which one of you was it?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Funny thing about it. If the leak had NiGHTS and something like After Burner, then it'll be legit like going from SoR to Virtua Fighter to Outrun to either of those series would have been done well

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Lol. That Gamefaqs leak was fake at Zant. This isn't Brawl where he had an actual (albeit small) chance.

TrackerTD

Smash Rookie
Oh hey guys!

Alas, SEGA Carnival is indeed a fake; by yours truly!
Glad you guys got some entertainment out of it; I only actually became aware of this thread from that Youtube comment, blimey this thing spread fast. Gameplay leaks, who would've thought?
The first footage of Game and Watch on the Miku stage was actually produced in an hour or so whilst I was on a break at college, as a quick thing to test stuff; I'm gonna be uploading the full-res versions shortly, so you can pick apart how... very, very bad they are, haha. I'll also be explaining how it was done; trust me, it's nothing amazing (and it's a flawed process, as many of you seem to have noticed)!

If you haven't gathered I'm a huge SEGA fan, so this was something I often thought about perhaps happening; the concept's straight out of Sonic Riders, in particular. I was actually planning on a few additions; an OutRun 2 based part for the HD version and a 3DS Fantasy Zone portion; but now I'm rumbled! Ah well.

Anyways; sorry if I got any hopes up. I produce stuff like this (and the Splatoon x SEGA stuff that got mentioned) as a means to test my abilities with editing programs. SEGA x Splatoon was heavily Photoshop based, I decided I wanted to try something video related. It was a fun experience!

Anyway, no hard feelings, right guys? And hey; maybe one day, we truly will have Miku in Smash Bros.

...no we won't.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I always thought Crypton had a share with SEGA.
Miku is owned by Crypton. Sega, however, has a license from Crypton to make games based on the software.

Hatsune Miku in Smash would have to result in a deal between Nintendo and Crypton. Sega wouldn't have to be involved at all.

It's the same thing with Bandai Namco and their games based on anime/manga/light novels. Bandai Namco doesn't own those franchises, the respective producers, networks, editors and/or authors do. However, Bandai Namco has the license to make video game adaptations of those franchises.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Oh hey guys!

Alas, it's indeed a fake; by yours truly!
Glad you guys got some entertainment out of it; I only actually became aware of this thread from that Youtube comment, blimey this thing spread fast. Gameplay leaks, who would've thought?
The first footage of Game and Watch on the Miku stage was actually produced in an hour or so whilst I was on a break at college, as a quick thing to test stuff; I'm gonna be uploading the full-res versions shortly, so you can pick apart how... very, very bad they are, haha. I'll also be explaining how it was done; trust me, it's nothing amazing (and it's a flawed process, as many of you seem to have noticed)!

If you haven't gathered I'm a huge SEGA fan, so this was something I often thought about perhaps happening; the concept's straight out of Sonic Riders, in particular. I was actually planning on a few additions; an OutRun 2 based part for the HD version and a 3DS Fantasy Zone portion; but now I'm rumbled! Ah well.

Anyways; sorry if I got any hopes up. I produce stuff like this (and the Splatoon x SEGA stuff that got mentioned) as a means to test my abilities with editing programs. SEGA x Splatoon was heavily Photoshop based, I decided I wanted to try something video related. It was a fun experience!

Anyway, no hard feelings, right guys? And hey; maybe one day, we truly will have Miku in Smash Bros.

...no we won't.
Is making gameplay of characters that doesn't involve standing hard for you?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72567003

I'm reserving judgment on this, but what do you guys think?

tl;dr version:
-Tamaki's source was misinformed; Shovel Knight is getting Swordfighter costume.
-A Star Fox Zero stage was planned to be released with Super Mario Maker alongside Wolf. Talks about delaying release until SFZ gets a new release date.
-Ballot is a "Suggestion Box", not a "Voting Booth".
-K. Rool, Inklings and Shovel Knight are being considered; the costumes are just acknowledgements of their popularity.
-Zant may be DLC despite low demand due to lack of Zelda newcomers.
-Rayman is in talks, but is unlikely due to Nintendo's and Ubisoft's shaky relationship.
-Isaac is the front runner.
-Ballot character will get a stage to go with them.
-Balance patch coming; may be held off due to possible Wolf delay.
It's fake, he said that Roy and Mewtwo were in Brawl.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh hey guys!

Alas, it's indeed a fake; by yours truly!

...no we won't.
Welcome, and well done. You impressed us. No one is angry, good job on this! You've shown us some interesting new things. Your biggest flaw was the miku rights issue. That's what got people very skeptical, as well as the characters not really moving. Still, once again, nicely done. This would have been a cool concept.

Chrono.

First things first, nice how they built them selves an out with the Wolf delay. That's classic fake leak building, right there.

Seems super fake, over all. It all comes off like something someone who spends a lot of time in this thread would come up with. So... Which one of you was it?

I'm serious though, it wasn't me.

I just always wanted to use that gif lol

TrackerTD

Smash Rookie
Is making gameplay of characters that doesn't involve standing hard for you?
Tragically, yes. I did give it a go originally with the Virtua Fighter stage clip (the test is still in the raw video actually) but it... yeah. Didn't go so well. I am not so good with Vegas's pan and crop, haha.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Oh hey guys!

...no we won't.

Bravo. Was a fun one, even if it was short lived.
I should be sick of this with how many times people do this... Yet I'm not. =P

EDIT: I just noticed... no drop shadows. That should have been the deadest of giveaways lmao

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh hey guys!

...no we won't.
Welcome to Smashboards.

Decided to make an account after faking a leak? That's kind of new.

Though we indeed have experience in debunking faked leaks. There have been so many of them, it becomes easy. :p

Hope you have yourself a good time here so... have fun and all that.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Miku is owned by Crypton. Sega, however, has a license from Crypton to make games based on the software.

Hatsune Miku in Smash would have to result in a deal between Nintendo and Crypton. Sega wouldn't have to be involved at all.

It's the same thing with Bandai Namco and their games based on anime/manga/light novels. Bandai Namco doesn't own those franchises, the respective producers, networks, editors and/or authors do. However, Bandai Namco has the license to make video game adaptations of those franchises.
Thanks for the clarification.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly, I sort of briefly believed it. If it hadn't included Hatsune I feel it had lived a little longer. That was the biggest give away, other than the characters not doing anything but standing around.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Oh hey guys!

...no we won't.
Some more fresh meat. Welcome to SmashBoards. It's cool that you saw my comment :D.
Like I say to other people, I hope you love poker and flame wars. This is what this thread thrives on. :troll:
Totally not blackjack and hookers. Amirite guys?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom