• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So I got Gandorf and Bowser. Jr now for my birthday thanks to my brother and his gf. And they both waited in line on release day to get it for me! I'm very thankful for them.

So here's my current collection.

Strofirko

Smash Master
There's this if anyone cares

Holy ****, sanic confirmed.
So I got Gandorf and Bowser. Jr now for my birthday thanks to my brother and his gf. And they both waited in line on release day to get it for me! I'm very thankful for them.

So here's my current collection.

The gr8 quality made me thought was a nother leak.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You're a cruel man, zoroarkrules.
I would still love if tails got in.... It probably won't happen though. My only hope is that since Capcom got Ryu, Sega gets tails, and Namco gets someone else as well.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
The kind of connectivity Spainkiller predicted implied actually having the Wii U and 3DS communicate, rather than the Club Nintendo codes Mewtwo was distributed through. So no, he wasn't really right about that. And even then I don't think Spainkiller said anything about Mewtwo.

File digging in the 3DS version had also revealed Ridley listed with bosses alongside Nabbit and Metal Face.
Spainkiller did say Mewtwo though

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129524882&postcount=14153

Eitherway, its a lucky guess imo and buying both games just made so much sense from a marketing point of view.

D

Deleted member

Once again, new avatar of a character that I support for Smash.

I think spears are cool and can give a character unique moveset potential. When it comes to spear wielders in video games, there are a few that come to mind such as Eric Lecarde from Castlevania: Bloodlines and Ephraim from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. The one that undeniably has the best chance of appearing in a Smash Bros. game compared to the rest is Bandanna Waddle Dee of Kirby series fame. (Castlevania has more iconic and prominent characters to choose from while many consider Fire Emblem to be overrepresented.)

Last edited by a moderator:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
If the final 3 characters are really predictable like Wolf, Isaac and either K. Rool/Dixie, people will probably be more upset because they wanted those characters who rarely had the chance to begin with to get in.

Hell it'll probably be worst if it was just Wolf and Isaac where people will complain about clones and anime swordfighters again
No matter what happens, there will be someone who will complain about said character. It seems that Wolf is probably the character with the least amount of potential controversy surrounding him as many people view him as likely.

D

Deleted member

Once again, new avatar of a character that I support for Smash.

I think spears are cool and can give a character unique moveset potential. When it comes to spear wielders in video games, there are a few that come to mind such as Eric Lecarde from Castlevania: Bloodlines and Ephraim from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. The one that undeniably has the best chance of appearing in a Smash Bros. game compared to the rest is Bandanna Waddle Dee of Kirby series fame. (Castlevania has more iconic and prominent characters to chose from while many consider Fire Emblem to be overrepresented.)
Herd u were talkin ****

Let me dream okay?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Ugh, almost beaten Plague of Shadows (and almost gotten all Green Coins). I don't want it to end already. :c

Remind me, what do we know of Spectre Knight and King Knight's quests? And the rest of the DLC? c:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ugh, almost beaten Plague of Shadows (and almost gotten all Green Coins). I don't want it to end already. :c

Remind me, what do we know of Spectre Knight and King Knight's quests? And the rest of the DLC? c:
i don't think anything has been detailed, yet. I wouldn't expect an announcement for awhile though.

D

Deleted member

There was a Kickstarter goal that if reached, three campaigns would be included in future updates.
The goal was reached, so there was a vote on who the three were (any of the Order of No Quarter, as well as Black Knight and the Enchantress). Specter Knight, Plague Knight, and King Knight were the three most voted, so they are the ones getting campaigns (with Plague Knight having his already).

Other planned DLC, such as "Gender Swap Mode", was also Kickstarter goals being reached.

EDIT: Forgive me, I misread "what" with "how".
All we know of the campaigns is that they're coming eventually.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord

I didn't want it to end either: got 100% on the first day and loved it. Gonna go for the feats soon.

We don't know much about Spectre Knight and King Knight yet, and we don't know which is first. Battle mode is coming soon, plus amiibo content (co-op and new challenges/relics).

In other Shovel Knight related news, it's nice to see an indie do well on Nintendo:

At least the Shovel Knight amiibo makes sense now. I hope other indie devs warm up to Nintendo too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72567003

q9rds975 said:
Hi.
I have recently come across some interesting info about Super Smash bros. that I believe you will find quite interesting.

If your next thought is "let's see some I.D." you can just go back to the board menu or whatever because let's be honest here, I'm not going to give you any. No one ever does. As much as the thought of divulging juicy secrets excites me, losing my job is not the reason I've come here. So you take this with a grain of salt then, if you must. The most I can say (in a fittingly cryptic fashion of course) is this is somewhat of an inside job.

So, all disclaimers aside, let's get started.

First off, the Shovel Knight rumors. For those of you Smashers who live under a rock, a couple weeks ago, Liam Robertson, who goes by the moniker of Tamaki, posted a video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIER41CqL1U ) claiming he had come into contact with sources that had told him that Shovel Knight was going to appear in the games as a new playable fighter. This source was incorrect. Sort of. Shovel Knight will only be appearing as a Mii Swordfighter costume in light of the new Shovel Knight amiibo, though the helmet can be worn by the brawler and gunner too, of course. Sorry to disappoint the Shovel Knight fans, but that's that.

Next, as I'm sure most of you already know, a stage based around Super Mario Maker is coming this week. Two days as of when I'm writing this, actually. What most people *don't* know, is that another stage is also planned... or it was. A new stage based off of Starfox Zero *might* be arriving as well, along with the return of fan favorite veteran fighter Wolf. The stage itself would be a changing one, with transitions between various planets similar to Fire Emblem's Castle Siege. Wolf's moveset, like Lucas, Roy and Mewtwo, would remain virtually unchanged from his Brawl form, but with an increased focus on power. Unfortunately though, last I heard, there were a lot of debates about whether or not to hold off on this part of the DLC until a new Starfox Zero release date has been set. Its all finished and ready to go, but it may not go live until next year if the tone of these debates is any indication.

On to the Smash Ballot. As stated on the Smash Bros. Ballot page, the deadline for voting is October 3rd. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THE CHARACTER WILL BE REVEALED ON THE 3RD. It *will* be revealed before October ends more than likely. But don't get all excited for the 3rd because you'll more than likely be really disappointed when all that happens is the Ballot page gets taken down. I should probably also point out if you didn't already know, the Ballot is not a voting booth, more like a "Suggestion Box" where you can ask for anyone you like and Sakurai gives you something completely unrelated. As for the finalists... K. Rool, Shovel Knight and the Inklings really are being considered, the mii costumes were just sort of acknowledgement to their popularity. This doesn't necessarily mean they will get in, but there's still a chance. Zant, from the Legend of Zelda, has been on the table since the development of Brawl, and there's a chance he may get in as well, despite the low demand, mostly due to lack of Zelda newcomers. Rayman's name has come up more than once, but if Nintendo's rather shaky relationship with Ubisoft is anything to go by, it probably won't happen. Isaac from Golden Sun, so far, is the front runner. Also, whoever does win, will also get a new stage to represent them and their series as well.

Finally, there will be another balance patch as well. I'm unsure whether or not they will hold off of it because of the possible Wolf delay, or it will proceed as planned. There's supposedly new modes for the Wii u version being planned too, but those are being kept under tight wraps. That's all the information I know. Maybe I'll say something if I learn anything else, but until then, have a Smashing week.
I'm reserving judgment on this, but what do you guys think?

tl;dr version:
-Tamaki's source was misinformed; Shovel Knight is getting Swordfighter costume.
-A Star Fox Zero stage was planned to be released with Super Mario Maker alongside Wolf. Talks about delaying release until SFZ gets a new release date.
-Ballot is a "Suggestion Box", not a "Voting Booth".
-K. Rool, Inklings and Shovel Knight are being considered; the costumes are just acknowledgements of their popularity.
-Zant may be DLC despite low demand due to lack of Zelda newcomers.
-Rayman is in talks, but is unlikely due to Nintendo's and Ubisoft's shaky relationship.
-Isaac is the front runner.
-Ballot character will get a stage to go with them.
-Balance patch coming; may be held off due to possible Wolf delay.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
There was a Kickstarter goal that if reached, three campaigns would be included in future updates.
The goal was reached, so there was a vote on who the three were (any of the Order of No Quarter, as well as Black Knight and the Enchantress). Specter Knight, Plague Knight, and King Knight were the three most voted, so they are the ones getting campaigns (with Plague Knight having his already).

Other planned DLC, such as "Gender Swap Mode", was also Kickstarter goals being reached.

EDIT: Forgive me, I misread "what" with "how".
All we know of the campaigns is that they're coming eventually.
That's ok, as I was curious about 'how' as well. XD I sadly did not keep a good track of the Kickstarter stuff, despite loving the game. Thank you, Entei. So there was a vote? I am actually surprised those three won over the Enchantress (being female, I felt more would be interested in playing as her), but I am happy about the winners. Plague Knight turned out to be a awesome character, and Spectre Knight will be interesting to see in gameplay. King Knight is sure to have a hilarious campaign with his 'Imma King!" stuff. ^^

I am not sure if I knew about that Gender Swap, though. Is it for the main characters, or all characters? XD

I didn't want it to end either: got 100% on the first day and loved it. Gonna go for the feats soon.

We don't know much about Spectre Knight and King Knight yet, and we don't know which is first. Battle mode is coming soon, plus amiibo content (co-op and new challenges/relics).

In other Shovel Knight related news, it's nice to see an indie do well on Nintendo:

At least the Shovel Knight amiibo makes sense now. I hope other indie devs warm up to Nintendo too.
Thank you kindly as well. ^^ I forgot what the Amiibo would do. I am happy about there being Co-Op, though I wonder how they will make it. I also know nothing about Battle Mode, but I think all the Knights will be playable, right? That sounds... horrible in a very good way. XD

i don't think anything has been detailed, yet. I wouldn't expect an announcement for awhile though.
True, with Plague Knight just coming out, I guess we'll have to wait forever for more stuff. I almost feel bad it all being free (aside from the Amiibo stuff) right now, what with how good the stuff is.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Only 4% of the Shovel Knight community with Xbones cares enough for the Battletoads.

Kinda like the general ratio of people who care about the Battletoads themselves :troll:

Plz don't hurt me if you like them a lot it's just a joke

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Speaking of Shovel Knight, I still have to get the game (again). But are they doing a DLC pack for every knight, or just a few?

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Speaking of Shovel Knight, I still have to get the game (again). But are they doing a DLC pack for every knight, or just a few?
Plauge Knight is completely free and comes with a regular old update, you just need to beat the game with Shovel Knight first (There's a cheat code that let's you play as Plauge Knight beforehand but I don't advise it since playing through with Shovel Knight first is kinda important for both story and gameplay)
I'm certain the other Knights will be free as well.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

tl;dr version:
-Tamaki's source was misinformed; Shovel Knight is getting Swordfighter costume.
-A Star Fox Zero stage was planned to be released with Super Mario Maker alongside Wolf. Talks about delaying release until SFZ gets a new release date.
-K. Rool, Inklings and Shovel Knight are being considered; the costumes are just acknowledgements of their popularity.
-Rayman is in talks, but is unlikely due to Nintendo's and Ubisoft's shaky relationship.
Bandanna Dee ain't even mentioned
Yeah I'm gonna claim bull**** for now.
Banana Cone is basically brawling with Isaac and Inkling in the Popularity Department (While King K. leads the pack) so I'd assume he'd be considered atleast once.

tl;dr version:
Zant alone screams fake.

Stating wolf would be based on a release date doesnt help either.

Plus everything said is uber vague

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What time did we get the Mario Maker announcement?

And what time did the Mii costumes for last wave get announced?

D

Deleted member

It's a text leak from gamefaqs, so not much.

Not to say it can't be true, but it doesn't really give us anything to discuss. Kind of vague and all.
Bear in mind that a text leak from Gamefaqs is much more believable than a text leak from 4chan since we've actually had legit text leaks there.

Still should be taken with a truckload of salt given it's a perfect time for fake leaks to sprout.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

The 14th I believe.

The Mii Costumes were revealed slowly one by one over the span of a few days before the update.

Last edited:

Chrono.

In a weird way, Zant does kinda blend in with the current Zelda cast (barring TL) since they're all from the same one game (except for Sheik but she uses the unused design from said game).

I'm not saying this gives credibility whatsoever but I can kinda see the line of thought in it.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The 14th I believe.

The Mii Costumes were revealed slowly one by one over the span of a few days before the update.
That doesn't answer my question at all.

I said "time."

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

tl;dr version:
I really dont buti this isaac being a ballot front runner is something i can't be believe and i want him in plus i dont think sakurai would purposely hold back a whole character and stage because of a release Date for an entirely different game got pushed back

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Mario Maker was revealed on the 14th of this month, just about a week ago in the afternoon EST.
Last Wave's Mii Costumes were revealed on July 29th (Hoodie, King K. Rool an Chrom), July 30th (Bear Suit, Flying Man and Lloyd) and July 31st (Samus Armor, Black Knight and Free K. K. Slider outfit.), just around Midnight EST.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I really dont buti this isaac being a ballot front runner is something i can't be believe and i want him in plus i dont think sakurai would purposely hold back a whole character and stage because of a release Date for an entirely different game got pushed back
To be fair. The release date may not be under his control.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Zant being playable would be amazing. I love him. They could even represent Hyrule Warriors a little with his moveset.

Btw, sudden StarFox question... it is obvious StarFox Zero will be a lot like StarFox 64, right? I have never played a SF game outside of Adventures. So, if I pick up this new Nintendo Select version of StarFox 64 3D, will it be a lot like what SF Zero seems to be? I am not sure which I should play first. ._.

D

Deleted member

In a weird way, Zant does kinda blend in with the current Zelda cast (barring TL) since they're all from the same one game (except for Sheik but she uses the unused design from said game).

I'm not saying this gives credibility whatsoever but I can kinda see the line of thought in it.
That's what I thought as well.
It would make sense for Zant to be considered for Brawl for that reason.

But Smash 4? Even if the characters are still TP-styled, it's a hard pill to swallow that someone like Ghirahim wouldn't be considered instead being the new villain of the week or even Midna if we were going the TP route still.
The only logic to why Zant instead of them at this point would be because both Ghirahim and Midna are Assists now.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Has there ever been a direct that was announced very little time before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom