• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Dixie was planned as a tag with Diddy, don't forget that. And Bandana Dee's role in KIrby Super Star wasn't as meaningful as his roles on the last Kirby entries; what matters is Sakurai's own perception of the character
Still, he was created by Sakurai, and he has acknowledged the character before. Also, Dixie was stated to be different from Diddy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Still, he was created by Sakurai, and he has acknowledged the character before. Also, Dixie was stated to be different from Diddy.
He acknowledged Ridley too!
And Waluigi and Skull Kid and...
See what I mean?
It doesn't mean much
I still want BDee though

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Well there were several reasons. One, if you remember what happened with N30N here. He had a convincing source tell him the characters were in the game, which gave it a lot of discussion for sometime. Spainkiller piggybacked off of that and said you could unlock those same 4 characters by having both copies of the game.......and he was right.......about Mewtwo at the least. At the time, it seemed very plausible and likely giving all the other bits of it going on.
The kind of connectivity Spainkiller predicted implied actually having the Wii U and 3DS communicate, rather than the Club Nintendo codes Mewtwo was distributed through. So no, he wasn't really right about that. And even then I don't think Spainkiller said anything about Mewtwo.

File digging in the 3DS version had also revealed Ridley listed with bosses alongside Nabbit and Metal Face.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
He acknowledged Ridley too!
And Waluigi and Skull Kid and...
See what I mean?
It doesn't mean much
I still want BDee though
That's different, those weren't Sakurai created characters. Ridley, Skull Kid, and Waluigi never appeared in Kirby games.

Chrono.

Well there were several reasons. One, if you remember what happened with N30N here. He had a convincing source tell him the characters were in the game, which gave it a lot of discussion for sometime. Spainkiller piggybacked off of that and said you could unlock those same 4 characters by having both copies of the game.......and he was right.......about Mewtwo at the least. At the time, it seemed very plausible and likely giving all the other bits of it going on.
There's pretty much no way he could've known of Mewtwo.

I mean, think about it, all we saw of Mewtwo in the 50 facts direct were his models. Then you add up how long we had to wait to see gameplay of him at all (around 5-6 months) and it gets clear that Mewtwo was a very recent addition. Plus Spainkiller really did say the two games could connect and transfer characters that way, Mewtwo wasn't distributed like that at all.

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice
In the end, it all comes down to Sakurai bias. That, alongside B.D.'s popularity in Japan gives Sakurai the perfect excuse to introduce the character into the game. Isn't that your reasoning, Nintenzilla?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Wasn't Spainkiller the guy who said Bandana Dee would be revealed at Comic Con for last year but ended up being fake?

Chrono.

That's not true though. And that was just a generic Bandana-less Waddle Dee from the Arena, not Bandana Dee.
He actually was...
He is first seen in the sub-game Megaton Punch in Kirby Super Star, as the first and easiest of the three opponents, implying he isn't very good at the sport.
His first major role after that was in Kirby Return to Dream Land

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wasn't Spainkiller the guy who said Bandana Dee would be revealed at Comic Con for last year but ended up being fake?
Miahstorm
And what do you mean fake? I main my corrupted Bandana Dee and always toggle Melee Physics on
And Chorus Men are my seccondary

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Nah that was Miahstorm
Oh right. Still proves my point hat we shouldn't just believe everything we hear and see. It's the sole fact that people are so desperate for characters and were upset that the final roster had the audacity to have :4bowserjr::4darkpit::4drmario::4duckhunt: in the game but no Ridley, Snake, Wolf or Chorus Men.

There were leaks flying around about Dixie and Impa being there as well and Tower of Smash AKA we fooled everyone and everything including the mods (again, I'm very sorry Neo Zero Neo Zero but you bet on the wron horse there, my friend.)

That same stunt happened in Brawl discussion as well considering the salt that :mewtwopm: wasn't in the game and :toonlink::rob::lucario:&:wolf: being there

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I know there's literally no chance of it happening but I'd probably throw up if Hatsune Miku had any kind of presence in Smash Bros.

Her obnoxious fanbase is more than enough reason to absolutely loathe everything about her.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know there's literally no chance of it happening but I'd probably throw up if Hatsune Miku had any kind of presence in Smash Bros.

Her obnoxious fanbase is more than enough reason to absolutely loathe everything about her.
Nani? What did teme say about watashi waifu?!?!
Tbh I think Mr Prince and Plastic Soldier were even worse.
Who was Soldier again? Prince found the Smash World files first iirc and made something up
Miahstorm
And what do you mean fake? I main my corrupted Bandana Dee and always toggle Melee Physics on
And Chorus Men are my seccondary
Oh yeah, melee physics. Who the **** ever believed that?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I remember when people said Sakurai was biased for Star Fox due to Wolf's inclusion in Brawl.

For this game, people said he was biased against Star Fox because Wolf didn't return. Some even called Sakurai bias because of Fox's voice in English, as if that was a decision done by Sakurai and not the localization team. (Fox's Japanese actor is the same as in Brawl, mind you. Sakurai does have influence on the Japanese dubbing.)

Sakurai bias logic is basically: if a series not named Mario or Pokémon gets more content, Sakurai is biased for it. If a series get less content than expected, Sakurai is biased against it.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Oh right. Still proves my point hat we shouldn't just believe everything we hear and see. It's the sole fact that people are so desperate for characters and were upset that the final roster had the audacity to have :4bowserjr::4darkpit::4drmario::4duckhunt: in the game but no Ridley, Snake, Wolf or Chorus Men.

There were leaks flying around about Dixie and Impa being there as well and Tower of Smash AKA we fooled everyone and everything including the mods (again, I'm very sorry Neo Zero Neo Zero but you bet on the wron horse there, my friend.)

That same stunt happened in Brawl discussion as well considering the salt that :mewtwopm: wasn't in the game and :toonlink::rob::lucario:&:wolf: being there
I never bet on Tower of Smash.

Though you are right about betting on the wrong horse. I knew I should of went with my gut feeling of Ryu being DLC horse instead :078:

D

Deleted member

I remember when people said Sakurai was biased for Star Fox due to Wolf's inclusion in Brawl.

For this game, people said he was biased against Star Fox because Wolf didn't return. Some even called Sakurai bias because of Fox's voice in English, as if that was a decision done by Sakurai and not the localization team. (Fox's Japanese actor is the same as in Brawl, mind you. Sakurai does have influence on the Japanese dubbing.)

Sakurai bias logic is basically: if a series not named Mario or Pokémon gets more content, Sakurai is biased for it. If a series get less content than expected, Sakurai is biased against it.
Uh, clearly, Sakurai has FE bias because FE is totally niche and I still live in 2006
And he has bias AGAISNT [input series here] because the character I wanted isn't in the game

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I never bet on Tower of Smash.

Though you are right about betting on the wrong horse. I knew I should of went with my gut feeling of Ryu being DLC horse instead :078:
Well horse bets are bad anyway. They'll just screw up in the end.

And I thought you believed that ToS was real at one point or was that another Mod/Administrator? Oh well

I hate it how people blame Sakurai for all the Wario fart and gross jokes and that he hates WarioLand when that's been a Nintendo pushing that for Wario for over 15 years. (Remember the Wario World manual).

Also see Metroid and Donkey Kong.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

It's about as bad as "Sakurai hates" comments.

Sakurai hates Star Fox because Wolf was cut.
Sakurai formerly hated MOTHER because Lucas was cut.
Sakurai hates Golden Sun because no Isaac and his AT was cut.
Sakurai hates Metroid because Ridley wasn't added.
Sakurai hates Donkey Kong because no Dixie or Rool.
Sakurai hates [series] because [popular character] didn't make it.

Jesus Christ, people, get some logic. Sakurai wouldn't hold contempt for any series represented in Smash, since that would be unprofessional. There's surely a valid reason behind these cases.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Jesus Christ, people, get some logic. Sakurai wouldn't hold contempt for any series represented in Smash, since that would be unprofessional. There's surely a valid reason behind these cases.
To be fair it's not impossible Sakurai dislikes the DK franchise as a whole considering it's neglection

D

Deleted member

Well horse bets are bad anyway. They'll just screw up in the end.

And I thought you believed that ToS was real at one point or was that another Mod/Administrator? Oh well

I hate it how people blame Sakurai for all the Wario fart and gross jokes and that he hates WarioLand when that's been a Nintendo pushing that for Wario for over 15 years. (Remember the Wario World manual).

Also see Metroid and Donkey Kong.
Honestly, I never understood where the Wario complaints came from
To me, he was always properly represented
Granted, I never liked Wario
He is gross, but that's who he is
And I dislike him for that :^)

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

That being said, I wonder if Sakurai actually does hate any series? No I don' mean smash series along the "X isnt in so he hates Y" but just in general.

Imo, he seems like the kind of guy who'd probably dislike Dark Souls lol

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I was pretty confident that Roy and Ryu were real, especially once several credible data-mining sources (such as RandomTBush and TCRF) confirmed the files' existence.

What made me really confident in the leak was a glitch that caused Kirby characters to appear on Battlefield in Classic. Since there were music files that suggested Dream Land 64 to be a DLC stage, it was difficult for me to believe it was a coincidence that, of all possible characters, the ones from Kirby series were those that a glitch in regards to loading their home stage.

Everything came together and lo and behold, it was real. The only leaks I have been confident were the ESRB leak and Roy/Ryu file and those ended up being real. My eye for details never failed in regards to leak busting.

Yeah, it's the Sakurai hates/likes/bias crap I was talking about.

Donkey Kong has one of the most innovative stages Smash ever had. The DKC Returns stage is incredibly faithful to the original game, with a unique mechanic that translates perfectly to Smash.

But people dismiss it because it's just a jungle stage. Guess what, even Mario Kart and other Mario spin-off games tend to represent DK with jungle stuff. It's not even just a Sakurai thing.

I prefer seeing representation not by quantity but by quality, but that's just me.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I was pretty confident that Roy and Ryu were real, especially once several credible data-mining sources (such as RandomTBush and TCRF) confirmed the files' existence.

What made me really confident in the leak was a glitch that caused Kirby characters to appear on Battlefield in Classic. Since there were music files that suggested Dream Land 64 to be a DLC stage, it was difficult for me to believe it was a coincidence that, of all possible characters, the ones from Kirby series were those that a glitch in regards to loading their home stage.

Everything came together and lo and behold, it was real. The only leaks I have been confident were the ESRB leak and Roy/Ryu file and those ended up being real. My eye for details never failed in regards to leak busting.

Donkey Kong has one of the most innovative stages Smash ever had. The DKC Returns stage is incredibly faithful to the original game, with a unique mechanic that translates perfectly to Smash.

But people dismiss it because it's just a jungle stage. Guess what, even Mario Kart and other Mario spin-off games tend to represent DK with jungle stuff. It's not even just a Sakurai thing.

I prefer seeing representation not by quantity but by quality, but that's just me.
Do you know about the Rayman leak from yesterday, I'd like you to spot everything wrong with it of you could.

Last edited:

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice

You can't deny that Sakurai has bias towards some Nintendo series, and has been neglecting on some others. Heck, take a look at the enemies in Smash Run Mode in 3DS, or the trophies available for certain series, to name a few examples

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To be fair it's not impossible Sakurai dislikes the DK franchise as a whole considering it's neglection
FB_IMG_1443454526308-1.jpg
Please, don't do this
That being said, I wonder if Sakurai actually does hate any series? No I don' mean smash series along the "X isnt in so he hates Y" but just in general.

I bet he dislikes my favorite series /s

Khoru

Smash Champion

"other things do it" isn't that good of an excuse for extreme typecasting

(also i think the background thing is really stupid because of eye strain, but that's just me)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Not impossible but improbable. Next people are going to say he hates both Metroid and DK because neglecting.

It's a distinct possibility in that regard. You can't like every series in existence.

People dismiss Metroid stages for the same reason, since nearly all of them have lava. Pyrosphere is the exception but people hate it for other reasons(I don't, I think it's fun in it's own right while it's the spawn of Satan to others).

You can't deny that Sakurai has bias towards some Nintendo series, and has been neglecting on some others. Heck, take a look at the enemies in Smash Run Mode in 3DS, or the trophies available for certain series, to name a few examples
The key word was hatred, however. Bias and favoritism, sure, but when you begin throwing outright contempt or hatred into the mix you have to draw a line somewhere.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
"other things do it" isn't that good of an excuse for extreme typecasting

(also i think the background thing is really stupid because of eye strain, but that's just me)
I don't even like DK that much but it's absurd how it only has 2 characters, no assist trophies and a handful of unique songs, especially considering the game that saved the industry was, you know, Donkey Kong

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I don't even like DK that much but it's absurd how it only has 2 characters, no assist trophies and a handful of unique songs, especially considering the game that saved the industry was, you know, Donkey Kong
I thought the game that had saved the industry had been Super Mario Bros.....

A Distant Demon A Distant Demon , also, please stop going Edgeworth on me. Please, is that too much to ask?

Sorry but every trial needs its prosecutor.

I don't think Sakurai hates any series. There is so much content from all of them I don't see how he could. The closest thing I could think of is DK. but based on the items and stages being retro I wouldn't be surprised if he believes that it is essentially a mario game.
seriously no AT. why Metroid has many. LoZ has many.. DK has zero. zilch. nada.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom