• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
So who do you guys think are actual contenders? We already know the kinds of characters people are voting for, but who do you think Nintendo will actually use?

Chrono.

So who do you guys think are actual contenders? We already know the kinds of characters people are voting for, but who do you think Nintendo will actually use?
Tbh its almost impossible to tell.

Everyone's banking on obvious popular picks like Rool and Isaac, but they could also choose someone who's not as well known but also very popular like BDee or they could go Shovel Knight up all in our grill.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
.....So, why exactly is it bad that Etika is being brought up again?

If it's not because it's an old topic, then....?
Like I said before, I never said it was bad...

I would just rather have a discussion about something else instead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Probably the reason why I lurk during 99% of the Shovel Knight discussion on here because it gets brought up 3-4 times a day, like you said.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think at some point we'll get Bandana Dee and Wolf. As for another character they may include Dixie as a D. K. character. And finally at least one third-party character.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Still talking about Etika?

Glad we're keeping things fresh. Anyone want to talk about if the 3DS version is holding back the Wii U version or if Ridley should be playable next?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Still talking about Etika?

Glad we're keeping things fresh. Anyone want to talk about if the 3DS version is holding back the Wii U version or if Ridley should be playable next?
The 3DS version held back Ridley from being playable

And that's to some people a genuine excuse

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
The update drops the day after tomorrow, and we haven't heard a peep about any other content. No, they're not going to put up a character and additional stage on the eShop without any sort of announcement. I don't think they'd even do that sort of thing with costumes.
How did the last set of content get revealed? I thought I remembered that I didn't know about the Black Knight costume until they released the full pack.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I never got the Ridley craze, but I guess people have a thing for purple alien dragons.

Anyway, unless we have an announcement tomorrow, I wouldn't expect more than the Super Mario Maker stage and perhaps a few Mii Fighter outfits in the update. Let's see what will happen on Wednesday...

Well, have a Tri Force Heroes boss fight.

Hmm... The item mechanics seem identical or at least very similar, to A Link Between Worlds.

Same for the overall gameplay. Of course, it has the addition of the many outfits. Not exactly a new idea considering games such as Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess also had switchable outfits, but this game seems to explore it more.

Seems like the parka outfit (that totally isn't reminiscent of the Ice Climbers) may serve to resist icy areas or enemies. I wonder how many outfits will exist and what benefits each may have. Done well, it could be an interesting addition.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I think its safe to assume, if we don't get any word from Nintendo today, then no character for sure this update. Nintendo usually announces directs a few days early, and we are two days from the update. Its now or never.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
How did the last set of content get revealed? I thought I remembered that I didn't know about the Black Knight costume until they released the full pack.
The official Japanese Smash Bros. Twitter revealed all the outfits for that update in the few days before it, revealing around two or three per day.

I think its safe to assume, if we don't get any word from Nintendo today, then no character for sure this update. Nintendo usually announces directs a few days early, and we are two days from the update. Its now or never.
That's pretty much how I'm feeling about this.

If they don't announce anything today or tomorrow, it's going to be just the Mario Maker stage.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
They just sorta threw everything onto Twitter a few days before the update.
I think that we're only gonna get Mario Maker for now, DLC Stage #4, Mii Costumes and a Character or Two are probably gonna be saved until October when the Hype and Long Wait begins.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
What do you all think of this?

Wolf
Bandana Dee
Dixie Kong
Third-party Characters

Thoughts?

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Yeah, pretty sure we're just getting SMM and a balance patch. Maybe.

But watch, Sakurai is going to announce a bunch of new DLC 5 minutes before the update drops. Because Sakurai.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
What do you all think of this?

Wolf
Bandana Dee
Dixie Kong
Third-party Characters

Thoughts?
Considering my top three most wanted Nintendo characters are on there, I'd be pretty happy.

As long as Rayman's one of the 3rd parties.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I feel something big like a character announcement wouldn't just be announced like 2 days prior to the update. Seems like a weird marketing move to me, especially if the only thing expected that day is a stage.

And yeah there was Roy and Ryu but Lucas was also expected that day, thus giving people a reason to prepare for a character.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I think that all the discussion on the ballot has distorted my views of reality, just a bit. I spent so much time just reading the character subform, reading everyone's posts in all the echo-chambers and all the little hugboxes. Threads with the same 5 people reaching like, a thousand pages all talking about how X has a chance and are growing more sure as the ballot comes to a close. It's almost enough to make you me that anyone really does have a chance.

Almost. I think a lot of people are in for a rude awakening soon.

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice
I don't think either Bandana Dee or Dixie Kong will happen. If I had to bet on something, I'd say Wolf, King K. Rool and Inklings.

Chrono.

I think that all the discussion on the ballot has distorted my views of reality, just a bit. I spent so much time just reading the character subform, reading everyone's posts in all the echo-chambers and all the little hugboxes. Threads with the same 5 people reaching like, a thousand pages all talking about how X has a chance and are growing more sure as the ballot comes to a close. It's almost enough to make you me that anyone really does have a chance.

Well wouldn't be anything new around these parts. :rolleyes:

Remember how everyone convinced themselves that characters were gonna be unlocked by pairing the Wii U and 3DS versions? Or how everyone thought Chrom was a 100% shoo-in? What about the Ridley Shadow theories and Spainkiller?

Yeah.

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice
Dixie Kong is totally eclipsed by King K. Rool, though seeing how Sakurai treats K. Rool and the fact that he wanted to include Dixie in Brawl, she still has a chance. Bandana Dee in the other hand is quite popular in Japan, wich gives him a great chance. His problem comes from Sakurai itself. His hate against all the kirby games that he didn't work on could led to Bandana Dee not being in his plans. So dunno, it's just my guess.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
That's fine. There is no agreed general consensus on Isaac's chance. I myself have no idea what to make of Isaac's chance at this point, and I'm the Isaac supporter running the support list in his thread.
Quite frankly, his last game was a commercial failure, and he hasn't really ever been popular globally. So yeah. :3

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I say there's no guarantees on either spectrum of in or not in.

The next reveal, however, is guaranteed to hit people like a brick.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Dixie Kong is totally eclipsed by King K. Rool, though seeing how Sakurai treats K. Rool and the fact that he wanted to include Dixie in Brawl, she still has a chance. Bandana Dee in the other hand is quite popular in Japan, wich gives him a great chance. His problem comes from Sakurai itself. His hate against all the kirby games that he didn't work on could led to Bandana Dee not being in his plans. So dunno, it's just my guess.
If Sakurai can't make K. Rool work, Dixie is the next best option, as they already had her planned for Brawl, and Bandana Dee originated from the original Kirby Super Star on the SNES, which was directed by Sakurai.

Last edited:

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice
I say there's no guarantees on either spectrum of in or not in.

The next reveal, however, is guaranteed to hit people like a brick.
Yeah, it's really going to hurt. In my case, I really want Isaac and Snake to happen, but I know they have it really though to get in. Isaac is not that as requested in Japan as in the west, and Snake has lots of problems (Konami's situation, Sakurai not asking for Snake in the first place)...

But I really want them to make it, so I will keep dreaming until the last day

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Well wouldn't be anything new around these parts. :rolleyes:

Remember how everyone convinced themselves that characters were gonna be unlocked by pairing the Wii U and 3DS versions? Or how everyone thought Chrom was a 100% shoo-in? What about the Ridley Shadow theories and Spainkiller?

Yeah.
I swear I still don't know why people gave Spainkiller the time of day. He claims his source predicted things. For example, they "predicted" the Koopalings alts for Bowser Jr. after the Bowser Jr. footage was revealed... which is a useless prediction because the ESRB leak had already been proven true by then.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Well, have a Tri Force Heroes boss fight.

I'm digging the music a lot. Plus it's really cool how you can have one member use the Hammer to stun it while the other two wail on it. Granted the Fire Flower looked rather useless for this fight, but might of just been a player issue then an item.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

If the final 3 characters are really predictable like Wolf, Isaac and either K. Rool/Dixie, people will probably be more upset because they wanted those characters who rarely had the chance to begin with to get in.

Hell it'll probably be worst if it was just Wolf and Isaac where people will complain about clones and anime swordfighters again

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice
If Sakurai can't make K. Rool work, Dixie is the next best option, as they already had her planned for Brawl, and Bandana Dee originated from the original Kirby Super Star on the SNES, which was directed by Sakurai.
Dixie was planned as a tag with Diddy, don't forget that. And Bandana Dee's role in KIrby Super Star wasn't as meaningful as his roles on the last Kirby entries; what matters is Sakurai's own view of the character

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll make my predictions for the ballot
1-Character with most votes in the ballot that will seem random to the fanbase because the casual fanbase is a majority
2-A character from a recent game
3-Not a veteran

Last edited by a moderator:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I swear I still don't know why people gave Spainkiller the time of day. He claims his source predicted things. For example, they "predicted" the Koopalings alts for Bowser Jr. after the Bowser Jr. footage was revealed... which is a useless prediction because the ESRB leak had already been proven true by then.
Well there were several reasons. One, if you remember what happened with N30N here. He had a convincing source tell him the characters were in the game, which gave it a lot of discussion for sometime. Spainkiller piggybacked off of that and said you could unlock those same 4 characters by having both copies of the game.......and he was right.......about Mewtwo at the least. At the time, it seemed very plausible and likely giving all the other bits of it going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom