• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's not a fair conparison at all
Sonic got his Modern Design in Brawl, which was the most recent at the time
Sonic Boom was only shown at E3 iirc, 4 months before Sonic was revealed
GA Pac-Man was and still is the most recent design and is why many people thought it was going to be used in Smash
Sakurai always goes with the most recent design of the character when introducing them to Smash
There was no precedence whatsoever of him going for the "classic" design of a character

Granted, there's a different between Mega Man and X, but still.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's only 3 or so in the afternoon in Japan.

Still time for an announcement.

God. I just want something more substanial than the stage to look forward to.

Even a Mii costume or two would be awesome.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Guys, isn't there a chat for our group? Could someone hit me up with that. I've not been in a while. I know there used to be one.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I always loved the idea of Pac-Man but was so pessimistic and thought they'd go with GA's version, which would ruin it for me. The classic art/Pac-Man World design was always a pipe dream of mine, and then we actually got it. Since the roundtable wasn't open to the public, we were all relying on tweets from attendees to know what was happening.

Like, you know that part in Toy Story where Sarge is telling the other toys the birthday gifts via walkie talkie? That was us. And when I saw the fateful "...AND IT'S THE CLASSIC/WORLD VERSION!" I cheered like you wouldn't believe.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I always loved the idea of Pac-Man but was so pessimistic and thought they'd go with GA's version, which would ruin it for me. The classic art/Pac-Man World design was always a pipe dream of mine, and then we actually got it. Since the roundtable wasn't open to the public, we were all relying on tweets from attendees to know what was happening.

Like, you know that part in Toy Story where Sarge is telling the other toys the birthday gifts via walkie talkie? That was us. And when I saw the fateful "...AND IT'S THE CLASSIC/WORLD VERSION!" I cheered like you wouldn't believe.
I've said it before and I'll sayit again.
My live reaction to Pac=Man being in was:

"They just revealed Pac-Man"
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
"It's the Pac-Man World version and he transforms into the classic Pac-Man for certain attacks"
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAH"

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I did a little something related to Smash voice actors. This is based off of the US/EU versions so the only non-English vioces are :4falcon::4marth::4mewtwo::4littlemac::4feroy:

Beware, it's huge
Enjoy

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
The only way you'll convince me Mario Maker is all we're getting on Wednesday is if Mario Maker is all that gets released on Wednesday.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Precious Lucas also being Ivy Valentine and Rouge the Bat is a ****ing mind trip of epic proportions.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Precious Lucas also being Ivy Valentine and Rouge the Bat is a ****ing mind trip of epic proportions.
She also voiced another certain titular character that's from an infamous game. Reason I didn't mention it would destroy your life and what you believed in.
look if you dare
She was Bubsy in Bubsy 3D. I am not kidding

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Anytime soon news of Smash, Hyrule Warriors or PXZ2 will pop out again... it's just a matter of patiently waiting :estatic:

I want to see the artwork of Ryo Hazuki and Ingrid
As do I.
Well, more of the latter of course.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean at least Mii costumes..... Right?

Right?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
She also voices 4 of the Koopalings (Larry, Wendy, Lemmy and Morton) and voiced Pit in Brawl, as well as the Assist Trophy Lyn.

I did a little something related to Smash voice actors. This is based off of the US/EU versions so the only non-English vioces are :4falcon::4marth::4mewtwo::4littlemac::4feroy:

Beware, it's huge

Enjoy
If you counted the Japanese version, you'd have a lot more actors and therefore, more minds would be blown.

Plenty of the Japanese actors in Smash are well-known in anime and have done many roles.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I asked a Fatal Frame 5 question yesturday, but got no reply. :c Anyone here keeping track on it? If yes, I have a question about it's Limited Edition. D:
--
Anyways. I am finally getting the 11 figures in the Spirit Tracks 'toy set'. Should look nice in my collection.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Remember that talk about voice actors a few days ago where I apologized for sounding like a massive weeb?

Something I always notice in trailers and announcements for games and anime is how they credit the voice actors as they reveal the characters. You don't see that a lot in video game trailers for the West.

Take the Project X Zone 2 trailers: the Japanese version always credits the VAs whenever characters are introduced, while in the English ones, said credits are removed.

Did you know that the Japanese version of Smash Wii U has the voice actors individually credited for their characters in the Sound Test, similar to music arrangers? Even American VAs are credited such as Xander Mobus for the announcer. This feature was removed in localized versions.

The only game trailers that aren't in Japanese I remember having voice actor credits are the Metal Gear Solid series trailers.

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Since I don't wanna double post, I just heard that Triforce Heroes is getting a boss rush mode, so I'll look into that if that's there.
Some recent Zelda games have had a boss rush mode.

Ocarina of Time 3D and Skyward Sword have it.

I'll be getting Triforce Heroes. Seems similar to A Link Between Worlds, but brings some new stuff to the series, as well as being a sort of successor to the Four Swords games, given the emphasis on co-op multiplayer.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
How do you guys like my new Avatar of Izuku Midoriya being awesome?

Or should I go with a new version of the Old Boy Avatar?

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Some recent Zelda games have had a boss rush mode.

Ocarina of Time 3D and Skyward Sword have it.

I'll be getting Triforce Heroes. Seems similar to A Link Between Worlds, but brings some new stuff to the series, as well as being a sort of successor to the Four Swords games, given the emphasis on co-op multiplayer.
Good to know actually.

At least I'll have something to compare to when I play it this weekend :p

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Speaking of Project X Zone, I'm pretty surprised they haven't included anyone from Skies of Arcadia. Vyse and Aika would fit in so well with the rest of the cast.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I asked a Fatal Frame 5 question yesturday, but got no reply. :c Anyone here keeping track on it? If yes, I have a question about it's Limited Edition. D:
--
Anyways. I am finally getting the 11 figures in the Spirit Tracks 'toy set'. Should look nice in my collection.
If your question pertains to if Fatal Frame 5 is going to get a limited edition in North America, sorry but the answer is no, from what I've seen, Americans will be getting it digitally only.

Now if you want all the extra stuff in the limited edition, your going to have to get import it. To help with this, the Fatal Frame series is called Project Zero in Europe, if you want to import it to America.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I have done well to not expect more than the announcements.

If all they announced is the Mario Maker stage. That's all I will expect. Of course, if more content is added, I won't complain.

However, I will never get anything less than my expectations.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Beware, it's huge

Enjoy
It's not working for me T-T
She also voices 4 of the Koopalings (Larry, Wendy, Lemmy and Morton) and voiced Pit in Brawl, as well as the Assist Trophy Lyn.

If you counted the Japanese version, you'd have a lot more actors and therefore, more minds would be blown.

Plenty of the Japanese actors in Smash are well-known in anime and have done many roles.
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Kirby, Ness and Nana some freaky murdering chick from Elvinlied? I know Roy is Lelouch so there's that

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
If your question pertains to if Fatal Frame 5 is going to get a limited edition in North America, sorry but the answer is no, from what I've seen, Americans will be getting it digitally only.

Now if you want all the extra stuff in the limited edition, your going to have to get import it. To help with this, the Fatal Frame series is called Project Zero in Europe, if you want to import it to America.
Thank you kindly for responding, however, I live in Europe so I can easily get the Limited edition. XD My question was just...

Is THIS the limited edition? http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/spel...zero_5-maiden_of_black_water&atcl=search:live
This Swedish site shows this picture, that looks to be a limited edition. But the page itself doesn't mention it being a special edition, and this is the only version of the game on that site. And I see no big box in the picture.

While this site: http://cdon.se/spel/project_zero:_maiden_of_black_water_-_limited_edition-34967946
Clearly mentions this being the limited edition, showing the big box, but does not mention what is IN the limited edition.

The first one is cheaper, so I hope that is the edition I'm looking for, but I can't be sure since there isn't information enough. :/ Do you know what the deal is here?

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Thank you kindly for responding, however, I live in Europe so I can easily get the Limited edition. XD My question was just...

Is THIS the limited edition? http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/spel...zero_5-maiden_of_black_water&atcl=search:live
This Swedish site shows this picture, that looks to be a limited edition. But the page itself doesn't mention it being a special edition, and this is the only version of the game on that site. And I see no big box in the picture.

While this site: http://cdon.se/spel/project_zero:_maiden_of_black_water_-_limited_edition-34967946
Clearly mentions this being the limited edition, showing the big box, but does not mention what is IN the limited edition.

The first one is cheaper, so I hope that is the edition I'm looking for, but I can't be sure since there isn't information enough. :/ Do you know what the deal is here?
I believe it doesn't matter, since if I remember correctly, the limited edition is the only physical release Europe is getting, so you should still be good in getting which ever one. But since its not the UK, I can help you more then that, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom