• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And my worst thought of it all, I don't even think Etika ever cared about Smash nor Nintendo for reaction videos until he got popular over the Robin/Lucina trailer.

Let's be honest, he's that type of guy who probably bandwagon most things.

Hell, he was clamoring for Ridley and probably never touched a Metroid game and remember, he wasn't even a FE fan to care about Chrom or Lucina and thought Tobin was Shulk
You mean I can't like a character because I didn't play the video game?
Welp, time to give up my main of G&W.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You mean I can't like a character because I didn't play the video game?
Welp, time to give up my main of G&W.
I didn't mean it as like that but moreso of "People mention this character a lot and like him, I want him in there"

It's worded wrong but I can easily tell that about most people who have zero interest in a character but want them in compared to what he's doing.

D

Deleted member

And my worst thought of it all, I don't even think Etika ever cared about Smash nor Nintendo for reaction videos until he got popular over the Robin/Lucina trailer.

Let's be honest, he's that type of guy who probably bandwagon most things.

Hell, he was clamoring for Ridley and probably never touched a Metroid game and remember, he wasn't even a FE fan to care about Chrom or Lucina and thought Tobin was Shulk
I remember that his Robin reaction video was how I found his channel
Jesus christ, was that cringeworthy

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You want cringe worthy? Look at his Awakening playthrough. Or at least his "Deaths".
Awakening was my first major strategy RPG game and even I wasn't dense enough to do half the crap he did.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I didn't mean it as like that but moreso of "People mention this character a lot and like him, I want him in there"

It's worded wrong but I can easily tell that about most people who have zero interest in a character but want them in compared to what he's doing.
What about people who want a character becauseothers want that character and want others to be happy. I mean I wasn't too into Pac-Man but I thought he'd be fun because lots of others did.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Well I'm not sure if I'd go that far with them. After all I don't know him personally nor enough to make such claims.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
>Guy with White Hair and in a pitch-black robe floating with a book
>Shulk
Y'know, I made a Shulk and Robin joke before for ****s and giggles
But someone taking it seriously is just
:tired:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Look what I found while browsing 4chan:
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/311378343
Hello all, an old friend of mine managed to nab a job in the Nintendo Treehouse a while back, and recently he gave me some information about the upcoming update to Smash Bros 4.

All it is is the Mario Maker stage. That's it.

Please Understand.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
What about people who want a character becauseothers want that character and want others to be happy. I mean I wasn't too into Pac-Man but I thought he'd be fun because lots of others did.
I literally HATED the idea of Pac Man in Smash when I heard Namco was working on the game. I was really against it for one pretentious reason or another. Probably because I thought he'd be too boring and bland.
Now he's literally my favorite character to play as for pure, raw fun.
Hell, I was the same with RYU and I use him pretty often now, using SF inputs is so different and enjoyable.

...I need to stop being so quick to judge characters.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's so easy to say your friend has a job somewhere on the internet.

The easiest way to get someone to believe a lie is to make it as realistic as possible.

Also ''Please understand."

That makes it sound like the joke it obviously is.

Starting to feel like Swamp here. You guys are just reaching some other kind level of a pessimist nature now.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well I'm not sure if I'd go that far with them. After all I don't know him personally nor enough to make such claims.
Goddamn, you guys know what I mean.

It's not about the characters but more of a radically different situation of bandwagoning.

There were characters who I rarely ever played but still wanted in Smash and would those characters (K. Rool is the biggest example of that) but it's how Etika acts about it. I don't know him personally and I'm not attacking him but it's less of that but more of "I'm doing this for the reaction"

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Goddamn, you guys know what I mean.

It's not about the characters but more of a radically different situation of bandwagoning.

There were characters who I rarely ever played but still wanted in Smash and would those characters (K. Rool is the biggest example of that) but it's how Etika acts about it. I don't know him personally and I'm not attacking him but it's less of that but more of "I'm doing this for the reaction"
Well of course. But then again people always play things up; it's a common element of comedy. To give an example, here are two similar ideas:

"This game is bad."

*Tears the game cartridge in half*

Both mean the exact same thing, but the latter may get a bigger reaction than just saying it sucks. This is the same way; If Etika only went "Woo." or "Yay.", it's not going to make as much of an impact as rolling on the floor in joy. Bigger scenes tend to get bigger laughs. It's how humor works.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The best part about the 4chan "Mario Maker Stage" leak is the image that comes with it.

upload_2015-9-27_23-56-40.png

Stay classy, whoever made that thread.
Stay classy.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Anytime soon news of Smash, Hyrule Warriors or PXZ2 will pop out again... it's just a matter of patiently waiting :estatic:

I want to see the artwork of Ryo Hazuki and Ingrid

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Anytime soon news of Smash, Hyrule Warriors or PXZ2 will pop out again... it's just a matter of patiently waiting :estatic:

I want to see the artwork of Ryo Hazuki and Ingrid
I am curious about that too. I am also interested in to see how many characters they can fit in there. I do have a few character requests in mind. Such as:

Capcom: Axl (Megaman X series) as solo

Sega: Any character from Golden Axe. Either Solo or pair doesn't matter.

Namco: I was leaning towards Mitsurugi and Taki as a pair. But Natsu is fine.

Nintendo: I think I am good. Although I kinda do see Shulk as a Solo.

The variety of enemies has grown from what I have noticed from the screenshots as well.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so how bout that rivals of aether game?

i was looking at the characters knowing that there will only be 8 *at launch* and thought to myself
"what seems to be misssing" now obviously i have to wait untill they reveal the last character for water
but ive already thought of 5 characters so far and its a lot of fun coming up with unique ideas for the elements

1: a T-rex wielding a flaming zweihander who's fire ability is combustion (because combustion starts fires)
playstyle wise they would be a mix of roy lucario ganondorf and ike
(basically he has ganondorfs ground normals but ikes smash attacks air normals and up b and side b
the roy aspect coming from his nutral and down b except using lucarios higher damage=more power gimick)

2: a Bee warrior (im leaning tword it being a queen) who uses a tech staff and has the earth element of metal (refined earth)
and now i see her playing a bit like fox in star fox adventures but with a more tech focus ( laser blasts and energy blades)

3: a half snake half velociraptor archer with a theme of gems (being an earth elemental) with his face covered by a cloth hood
(one of 2 not really thought out characters)

4: a ninja chameleon whose invisibility comes from becoming air itself
(again not the most thought out idea but seriously that just sound cool)

5: a wolf with a fire element power of light (light being what fire creates) not much to this idea aside from the fact
it lets me give it a star fox reflector literally called a shine and i cant just pass it up
warning only like 2 of these characters are close to fully thought out
*EDIT*
of course i would come up with a second air element aspect for a character
"Sound" which leads me to think of Frogs

Last edited:

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063
Oh my god...
There was a problem fetching the tweet

But anyway. My hope for a character as a part of this DLC update is rapidly dwindling.

EDIT: Umm okay I'm not an idiot. My spoiler where I made fun of the parody accounts was eaten by Smashboards.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh my god...
Oh man. I'm sure sad this isn't legit. Think of all the exclusive Sonic Boom games we could get. Truly a loss.

Last edited:
Oh my god...

But anyway. My hope for a character as a part of this DLC update is rapidly dwindling.

EDIT: Umm okay I'm not an idiot. My spoiler where I made fun of the parody accounts was eaten by Smashboards.
These fake accounts made me jump so many times already I read the twitter name first then the actual post . . .

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
I am curious about that too. I am also interested in to see how many characters they can fit in there. I do have a few character requests in mind. Such as:

Capcom: Axl (Megaman X series) as solo

Sega: Any character from Golden Axe. Either Solo or pair doesn't matter.

Namco: I was leaning towards Mitsurugi and Taki as a pair. But Natsu is fine.

Nintendo: I think I am good. Although I kinda do see Shulk as a Solo.

The variety of enemies has grown from what I have noticed from the screenshots as well.
The game is still missing the required dose of nano da~

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
The game is still missing the required dose of nano da~
Yeah. I miss that character. This one was my favorite. I guess I will wait till the full game comes out to see what happens with Neneko/Neito. Or if there is an update via famitsu or Nintendo Direct or even a trailer. No matter what happens, I can't wait either way. The gameplay convinced me on the number of improvements enough. For example. You can set full defend, regular defend, and even counter against Rival Unit specials. And you can select any character on the map and move them instead of the character order in turns. Where did I find the footage? I remember an IGN video of it somewhere.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I literally HATED the idea of Pac Man in Smash when I heard Namco was working on the game. I was really against it for one pretentious reason or another. Probably because I thought he'd be too boring and bland.
Now he's literally my favorite character to play as for pure, raw fun.
Hell, I was the same with RYU and I use him pretty often now, using SF inputs is so different and enjoyable.

...I need to stop being so quick to judge characters.
I hated the idea of Pac-Man in Smash until someone introduced the idea that it could be this Pac-Man:

Using arcade references in his moveset.
Then I was on board with it.

And look what we got. :)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I hated the idea of Pac-Man in Smash until someone introduced the idea that it could be this Pac-Man:

Using arcade references in his moveset.
Then I was on board with it.

And look what we got. :)
I was probably the only guy who knew they were gonna use his classic design over his Ghostly Adventures. You wanna know why?

It was like Sega forcing Sakurai to use the Boom design for Sonic, that was never gonna happen and the cartoon is mostly a western thing.

His classic design was gonna be normal design for Smash because it what they been using for over 25 years

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Oh my god...

Would be hilarious if it were true.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was probably the only guy who knew they were gonna use his classic design over his Ghostly Adventures. You wanna know why?

It was like Sega forcing Sakurai to use the Boom design for Sonic, that was never gonna happen and the cartoon is mostly a western thing.

His classic design was gonna be normal design for Smash because it what they been using for over 25 years
It's not a fair conparison at all
Sonic got his Modern Design in Brawl, which was the most recent at the time
Sonic Boom was only shown at E3 iirc, 4 months before Sonic was revealed
GA Pac-Man was and still is the most recent design and is why many people thought it was going to be used in Smash
Sakurai always goes with the most recent design of the character when introducing them to Smash
There was no precedence whatsoever of him going for the "classic" design of a character

Soul.

How was Pac-Man's support thread anyway? I know people didn't want him in because of Ghostly Adventures, but like, was it full of that or?

D

Deleted member

Is that a weapon?
It may be
But the real question is
FB_IMG_1443416623897.jpg
But now only 90s kids will remember Tall Peridot
'Cause now we have
FB_IMG_1443319151270.jpg
We need more Steven UniverseXRick and Morty crossovers

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
How was Pac-Man's support thread anyway? I know people didn't want him in because of Ghostly Adventures, but like, was it full of that or?
There were detractors saying he wouldn't have an interesting moveset, or that they don't like his design, or that they prefer Snake. It had more supporters than detractors, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom