• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm still team #FreePopo if any of you were wondering
I'm basically in a bind between Bandana Dee, Rayman, Shantae, Popo and Balloon Fighter.
I finalized my vote on Bandana Dee, and my Sister pitched in and voted Popo.
I'm so sorry K. Rool thread, I'm a fraud Kutthroat

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Anyways, has anyone seen the blood moon just now? It was crazy
Too much **** in the way that's preventing me from seeing it.

Plus I'm not going out in my pajamas at 10 just to see a moon. So I'm just watching the NASA stream lol

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Call him out on Twitter.

You are not a nobody.

Even if he doesn't listen, others might.

He gave your hard work a bad name
It's time to put things straight.
I assume something is going down since I hear stuff about badmouthing SG.
He didn't bad mouth SG, he's just propagating misinformation. I posted a comment on the video already. I'll see what I can do to get in contact with him, to make sure he gets my message.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Depending on your definition of broken. He's not exactly wrong.

Rage is already a silly mechanic in Smash 4. It's just bad design for any game to reward a player for being at a disadvantage. Lucario just practically increases that effect.

The character isn't overpowered, but his mechanics are not well designed.
I feel like Rage is an double edge sword of a mechanic. Especially considering it was based from Tekken who had this mechanic moreso than other fighters. The benefits of Tage is that it helps heavyweights to the highest degree and that it also helps for comebacks and dominated matches but it is BS that certain aspects of it can end up being BS (Roy's OHKO Blazer with rage, characters with dangerous moves and etc.)

Lucario's Rage+Aura mechanics is stupid and I feel like Rage was added in at the last minute because Lucario would have been the only character to have it.

Especially considering that he just can't die. I mean his recovery is about as disgusting as Villager, both Pits and Dedede

Ivander

Smash Legend
Anyways, has anyone seen the blood moon just now? It was crazy
I'm trying to see it, but either it hasn't fully arrived for me or there's too much stuff in the air for me to see it. I mean, where I can see it, it is in plain view without any trees in the way, but it really looks like it's being covered by clouds or something.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I'm currently watching it outside of my window, it's quite a beautiful sight to see.
I seen the Lunar Eclipse, but just as it was turning Red the clouds blocked it. It's like the clouds were censoring it for me lol.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I've managed to witness it, for the first time on these kind of events. Sadly, the clouds took over. But I've managed to watch it for a good while before that happened.

Sorry to hear that a lot of you weren't able to see it at all though.

There is a stream going on for it at the moment: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nasa-msfc

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Depending on your definition of broken. He's not exactly wrong.

Rage is already a silly mechanic in Smash 4. It's just bad design for any game to reward a player for being at a disadvantage. Lucario just practically increases that effect.

The character isn't overpowered, but his mechanics are not well designed.
Even as a Lucario co-main I have to agree.
Brawl Lucario was way better...

Ivander

Smash Legend
Actually now that I think about it, I remember seeing it happen like, last year or the year before.
I may have seen something similar pretty recently. The night just as I was going home after a trip before the end of August, I saw a really red moon. Certainly didn't look like a harvest moon, but not sure if it was a blood moon either. It was still a pretty sight though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He didn't bad mouth SG, he's just propagating misinformation. I posted a comment on the video already. I'll see what I can do to get in contact with him, to make sure he gets my message.
Link to the comment? We can upload it so it can be seen.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
What are the reasons against the new Rayman leak again? Just his facial expressions? Because as I look at them I see:

1) His sweater laces obey laws of inertia.
2) His sweater hood seems to do the same (albeit to a lesser degree).
3) His mouth DOES move. In one of the screenshots you can see his lower jaw extends past where it was before, and if you compare a couple of the shots the mouths seem to be open to varying degrees.
4) His hands obviously change.
5) The hit stars are consistent with the Smash Bros style.

Is there something I'm missing? There's more details present here than meets the eye.

Last edited:

AreJay25

What are the reasons against the new Rayman leak again? Just his facial expressions? Because as I look at them I see:

1) His sweater laces have obey laws of inertia.
3) His mouth DOES move. In one of the screenshots you can see his lower jaw extends past where it was before, and if you compare a couple of the shots the mouths seem to be open to varying degrees.

Is there something I'm missing? There's more details present here than meets the eye.
It's literally just the trophy model. The models for the original Mewtwo and Lucas trophies are different from the playable models.

It's fake.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

1) His sweater laces obey laws of inertia.

It's really just the face.
That glaring
Demonic
Mind-piercing
Stare.
He never blinks.
Never moves his pupils.
He just stares.
Maybe he's given up on life.
Maybe he's just looking for something new.
Something to perk him up to his former glory.
But for now, he's biding his time.
Just smiling through.
Hold on, Rayman, you'll get there someday.
Just keep calm and carry on.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I'd buy it if it weren't for Rayman's persistent smiling

That expression is one of a person who's crying on the inside

D

Deleted member

Have you ever cried so much your eyes started to hurt?
It's literally just the trophy model. The models for the original Mewtwo and Lucas trophies are different from the playable models.

It's fake.
Rayman's trophy model is considerably of better quality than the Mewtwo and Lucas ones(Lucas is literally the Brawl model iirc)
Still fake, but I don't think it's a fair comparison to make

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
On the bright side, the fake leak train will soon™

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Call him out on Twitter.

You are not a nobody.

Even if he doesn't listen, others might.

He gave your hard work a bad name
It's time to put things straight.
I needed a reason to post this:

Seriously though, push should at least try and set him straight.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I've managed to witness it, for the first time on these kind of events. Sadly, the clouds took over. But I've managed to watch it for a good while before that happened.

Sorry to hear that a lot of you weren't able to see it at all though.

There is a stream going on for it at the moment: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nasa-msfc
Our area is completely obscured by cloud coverage. Missing it entirely. Shame, I was looking forward to it.

Thank you for the stream link, though. It's greatly appreciated.

AreJay25

Rayman's trophy model is considerably of better quality than the Mewtwo and Lucas ones(Lucas is literally the Brawl model iirc)
Well, there's also these two points:
1) They're in the "stage" where you test out custom characters. I'm pretty sure you can't have 2 players in there.
2) They're the same color but one isn't darker than the other.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Based n those pics, I gotta say, Rayman looks like he has roughly one-third of Marth's grab range. A bit lengthy in scale unless he's tiny.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
You'd have to be an idiot to think for even a second to believe that Rayman thing is remotely real.
Hmmm. I entertained the possibility for more than a second. But my major and current career success firmly point to me not being an idiot. This must simply mean that sometimes people see things they want to explore further, and that's fine.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I really wish he would read the article before turning the camera on and talking about it. He got so many things wrong, and there's no excuse as it's literally in front of it (sometimes he said something contracting the text on the screen). That's just pure laziness.
In other words, it was a typical Etika video.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can't see the moon either, that stream was very helpful though! It looks cool.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
At this point Etika would probably make a video for a "leak" if all that was shown were stick figure drawings.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Rayman's trophy is still far from playable character quality.
In other words, it was a typical Etika video.
I was waiting for this post Burb. Lol.

Just saw newest Steven Universe episode
Peridot is the best character. I didn't want redemption before. I now desperately want it. Rebecca Sugar why are you so good at this show.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Eh i thought the moon would look blood red buts its more of a rusty orange/brown cool but not what i hoped

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Have you ever cried so much your eyes started to hurt?

Ironic as it is, I think that Ice Climber's Trophy Model in SSB4 is different from their Brawl Model iirc
Either that or it's just muh shading difference
(Which is similar to why Lemmy is so ****ing ugly in Smash 3DS, jesus)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
And my worst thought of it all, I don't even think Etika ever cared about Smash nor Nintendo for reaction videos until he got popular over the Robin/Lucina trailer.

Let's be honest, he's that type of guy who probably bandwagon most things.

Hell, he was clamoring for Ridley and probably never touched a Metroid game and remember, he wasn't even a FE fan to care about Chrom or Lucina and thought Tobin was Shulk

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Just saw newest Steven Universe episode
Peridot is the best character. I didn't want redemption before. I now desperately want it. Rebecca Sugar why are you so good at this show.
no silly billies. amethyst is best character :>

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Etika got popular for one reason: Luck. That's how a lot of his kind get where he is.
That, and half of the people who follow him are too pretentious to look at actual news sites (Etika himself always tried to soften the blow whenever it was a Kotaku article or something because he knew people would flip), so they use Etika as their "news" source.
The other half are just.ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ type of folks who just want to comment about how sexy Etika is and how they want his ****.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom