• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This recent talk gave me an idea
If we got a newcomer from a 1st/2nd party game that is yet to be represented in Smash with a PC, BUT it wasn't the main character
Wgo? Why? Discuss because I'm tired of Butt Butt every day
...And they're not? What is your point

See ya...remember, you can come across as very rude even when joking; everyone does.
unblock me pls
The people who vote in polls in online forums are basically the same group of people
It doesn't matter if there are 30 polls if the people who vote on it are basically the same

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It's going to be a lot worse if Shovel Knight is indeed a DLC character.
Eh, I don't think so, not really. This community seems to get over things quickly once they see how shiny something new is.

Roy and Ryu were getting a pretty healthy amount of hate that pretty much dissipated immediately when they were revealed.

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
People are hype about Shovel Knight in Smash 4.

I'm hype for Shovel Knight Amiibo...

BECAUSE SHOVEL KNIGHT STAGES IN MARIO MAKER HYPE!!!

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
If we got a newcomer from a 1st/2nd party game that is yet to be represented in Smash with a PC, BUT it wasn't the main character

The people who vote in polls in online forums are basically the same group of people
It doesn't matter if there are 30 polls if the people who vote on it are basically the same
The combined poll with over 45,000 votes has K. Rool at the top.
You're telling me 45,000 people each vote K. Rool on every poll.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Nobody's rep is on the line, Zero. I just reported on a rumour that was going around. I did my duty to make the public aware of what was being said behind closed doors and never made any promises about who's going to be in Smash Bros. Whether he gets in or not, I have no regrets.
Oh you're around.

I was just joking anyway~

Chrono.

Well Ray from Custom Robo isnt the main character, so got you covered there.

D

Deleted member

The combined poll with over 45,000 votes has K. Rool at the top.
You're telling me 45,000 people each vote K. Rool on every poll.
You sound as if you think people had to vote in only one poll and if they voted in another one, they'd have to vote in another character

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I think Golden Sun fans wouldn't complain if that Mathew lad got in.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Warning Received
It's been fun, but I can see the thinly veiled hostility towards me creeping in again. I was just having trying to have some fun with my Twitter, and I think some of you should learn to be less judgemental and self serious over what are quite clearly jokes.

Thank you to those who did for welcoming me into your community.

See you guys around.
RKO OUT OF NOWHERE
ezgif-1930538018.gif
:troll:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Nobody's rep is on the line, Zero. I just reported on a rumour that was going around. I did my duty to make the public aware of what was being said behind closed doors and never made any promises about who's going to be in Smash Bros. Whether he gets in or not, I have no regrets.
Regardless of what you think your role in this has been, you're most definitely the one people will go after if/when the rumor is proven fake. So in that sense, Neo Zero is right.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I was just having a joke. Get off your high horse.
This is part of the problem.

Someone was trying to legitimately give you advise in not making people dislike your attitude (which I've seen you complain about in the past) and you make a snide remark at them.

If Ray isn't, then who is?
And why do people want him to be the first to represent the series?
This confuses me

I said 1st/2nd party for a reason
And I edited my post for a reason ;)

I would totally be ok with Marie from Splatoon over Inklings
And... He's badmouthing SmashBoards.
That's one way to make yourself look foolish really quickly. . .

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

..What? Can you reword this more simply?

My point is is that K. Rool is easily atleast slightly popular.
Think of it this way
There are various polls
This polls get posted around all the internet
People vote in them
Most people who have voted in a poll for K. Rool will also vote for K. Rool in another poll
And thus make it count as 2 votes in that compilation
Now multiply that for numbers of polls voted in
These polls also only take into account the """"""hardcore"""""" fanbase

But considering we have the Mii Kostume, either the ballot osn't just about popularity or K. Rool isn't the most popular character
Take it as you wish

Chrono.

If Ray isn't, then who is?
And why do people want him to be the first to represent the series?
This confuses me
Basically CR is kinda like Pokemon in the sense that the main character is just some different kid each game and the robots are collectible and customizable.

Ray and it's variations are your starter robot in each game so they're considered the face of the franchise by default.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You wonder why we got mad at him.
EDIT:
Still. Even if he was kidding, his sense of humor does comes off as rude (no offense to him).

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
..What? Can you reword this more simply?

My point is is that K. Rool is easily atleast slightly popular.
We get that he's popular among those that voted, but when it comes to fan made polls on fan sites the voting pool has plenty of over lap to the point where the results are....incestuous.

All we're saying is that we have no idea what percent of those votes are the same person. Nor do we know what percent they make up of those who voted in the ballot. I mean I almost religiously checked the Brawl dojo back in the day and would have voted if it had a ballot, but I never participated in many forums, neither did I do any polls (though I did lurk and peek at polls).

There's just no way for us to tell if those results are actually useful yet.

D

Deleted member

And I edited my post for a reason ;)

I would totally be ok with Marie from Splatoon over Inklings

That's one way to make yourself look foolish really quickly. . .
I should read the quotes before replying
Basically CR is kinda like Pokemon in the sense that the main character is just some different kid each game and the robots are collectible and customizable.

Ray and it's variations are your starter robot in each game so they're considered the face of the franchise by default.
Well, then Ray is the equivalent of Pikachu
I think mascots count towards "Main Character"(for Smash representation)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
We get that he's popular among those that voted, but when it comes to fan made polls on fan sites the voting pool has plenty of over lap to the point where the results are....incestuous.

All we're saying is that we have no idea what percent of those votes are the same person. Nor do we know what percent they make up of those who voted in the ballot. I mean I almost religiously checked the Brawl dojo back in the day and would have voted if it had a ballot, but I never participated in many forums, neither did I do any polls (though I did lurk and peek at polls).

There's just no way for us to tell if those results are actually useful yet.
Makes sense, thank you.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Tama.

I didn't have anything against you before.

But the twitter comment gives me reason to.

Tama, that's not how you respond to those kinds of comments. That's how you get MORE of those kind of comments.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I liked how the post he linked to was Spazzy politely telling him why he said something and was actively giving him advice.

That's hostility?

Who knows. Maybe its one of his unfunny "jokes."

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I liked how the post he linked to was Spazzy politely telling him why he said something and was actively giving him advice.

That's hostility?

Who knows. Maybe its one of his unfunny "jokes."
Watch out Swamp, this rude and hateful post, as he'd say, will most likely get you blocked on twitter; a bit like me because I tweeted about how Tama may be wrong since he has been before.

Tama shouldn't expect us to be sweet as pie to him if he's not kind to us.

Soul.

Can someone please explain what happened. Is speculation hostile or? Eh I'll be lurking.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I have no issue with you personally, I just really think you don't understand how you come off at times. The way you are pushing this, you will either come off as hack if it's wrong or an arrogant prick if you're right.

I don't think you're either of these things, but some times it's better to just let a situation pan out.

You've done your job and shared the info you had.

Let sleeping dogs lie and all that.
I personally think you didn't need to explain yourself to him spazzy. He was being arrogant, and when he realized that he was, his knee-jerk reaction is to say "I was just joking."

Whatever, even if he is right about this, I don't think this was best way to act.

Still not as bad as spainkillers twitter.

Seriously. Search his name on twitter and certain other keywords and you get gold like this. .

This guy was a "reliable" source. People believed him. people still believe him . . .

Neo EDIT: Yes that's HIGHLY NSFW, don't embed things like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Still not as bad as spainkillers twitter.

Seriously. Searh his name on twitter and certain oterh keywords and you get gold like this. .

This guy was a "reliable" source. People believed him. people still believe him . . .
I laughed for all the wrong reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I can be kind of blunt at times, but I stand by what I said. It was never meant at as an attack on @Tama as a person. It wasn't even meant as an attack on his info (which I'm about 50% on, which is about as high as I go with no knowledge of the source).

I was just advising him to be careful with his actions if he doesn't want people to (fairly or unfairly) judge him harshly. Continuously promoting the rumor with flimsy pretext comes off as cocky. It will rub people the wrong way.

I don't personally care about his opinion of me, I'm a nobody and even if I wasn't I've never been one to care about what others think of me. If his primary problem is with me, though, that's not fair to the board. I'll go on Twitter and attempt to smooth things over for the sake of the board if that's what people think is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom