• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Oh yeah, and Mii Costumes too
After BK, I have hope for the next costumes

Yes, please
But when would it be? Depending on when you do it, I may or may not be able to participate

Shovel Knight would be a surprise because it's a rumour, it's all up in the air
It'll be more of a "holy **** it's actually happening" than a "HOLY **** I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING"
It's going to be a "Spooky Mario Maker" competition where you make a Halloween themed stage, it starts October 1st, and ends October 31st. I'm still working on the rules. There have to be a certain number of people submitting stages for it to be fair (I'm thinking the minimun is 10) so if you want to do it, help spread the word. I'm not making any money off my videos, so I'm just doing it for fun/the community. :)

@Reality_Ciak I tried playing your stage "Yoshi take the wheel" but couldn't find the course ID. Did you delete it?

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
In irrelevant news,AC syndicate and the order made me have londonmustachaphobia,and Rivals of Aether is the best Smash bros sprite game.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
STRANGE ISN'T IT?!?! HHHHRRRRNNNNGGGHHHH :4sonic:

In irrelevant news,AC syndicate and the order made me have londonmustachaphobia,and Rivals of Aether is the best Smash bros sprite game.
Doesn't AC Syndicate have a Transgender charcter now or something like that?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Nikki literally said not to take her seriously, she's just guessing, come on guys.
Eh, didn't really have much to do with my initial point. Just said it would line up. Still don't believe we will see ballot results announced until a week or two after the ballot ends. I'd love to be wrong, though.

Come on, man. Tama comes off as super cocky when he does stuff like this. Is it any wonder some people find him unlikable?

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
And when SK finally gets confirmed, hundreds of thousands of voters will realize they wasted their time and effort on characters that matter, just to get a one year old fad character.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
PushDustIn PushDustIn : When you talked to @Tama, did you find how the source got the information in the first place? I don't want to know any specific information about it, I'm just wondering if you did or not. I find it odd that the source would get the information so suddenly.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Again, I don't think we should be taking everything the twitter account does as Gospel.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Getting real sick of fiction using LBGT characters as an advertisement. Trans characters in particular.

There's inclusiveness, then there's trying to win over the progressive extremists.

The best way to include one would be Poison or Birdo or Vivian. A well written character first and then a trans person second.

Not advertising them up the wazoo as they scream its inclusive. It's like the token black guy but worse.

I'm glad gay and lesbian characters have started to move away from that but I believe trans characters are going to have a harder time.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
PushDustIn PushDustIn : When you talked to @Tama, did you find how the source got the information in the first place? I don't want to know any specific information about it, I'm just wondering if you did or not. I find it odd that the source would get the information so suddenly.
I don't know anything more than you know, but Push has told me that the source is reliable and is in position to know this. There are multiple sources as well.

Chrono.

Didn't Tama's source say there's 2 ballot picks? Wonder who the second one might be then...

Hopefully a First Party

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Didn't Tama's source say there's 2 ballot picks? Wonder who the second one might be then...

Hopefully a First Party
I don't believe he was told anything beyond Shovel Knight. He was just told about Shovel Knight due to the fact that the source knew he was a Shovel Knight fan, and he later got confirmation from other sources.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I don't know anything more than you know, but Push has told me that the source is reliable and is in position to know this. There are multiple sources as well.
My question is, what position would they be exactly?

I understand the rest of us will most likely never know, but how could they know earlier than others? I remember Amazon selling Nintendo eShop titles was part of the rumor and that came into fruition. So, maybe they work at Amazon in the higher ranks?

I'm just curious as too how they would get the information. Unless they're associated with Nintendo, I just find this whole thing really odd.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Ryu never being leaked by an outside source is kinda peculiar.

I don't think it means anything, but you'd think Mr Fighting Game would've been exciting enough for someone over there to leak lol

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

I understand the rest of us will most likely never know, but how could they know earlier than others? I remember Amazon selling Nintendo eShop titles was part of the rumor and that came into fruition. So, maybe they work at Amazon in the higher ranks?

I'm just curious as too how they would get the information. Unless they're associated with Nintendo, I just find this whole thing really odd.
The main source isn't in retail. Other sources are, and since Nintendo is selling codes for specific digital content then they could very well know about cards that will sell future Smash DLC.

@Tama has multiple sources. People need to realize this.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I really think Tama should just calm down and wait before any spaghetti is spilled.

Getting real sick of fiction using LBGT characters as an advertisement.

There's inclusiveness, then there's treating to win over the progressive extremists.

The best way to include one would be Poison or Birdo or Vivian. A well written character first and then a trans person second.

Not advertising them up the wazoo as they scream its inclusive. It's like the token black guy but worse.

I'm glad gay and lesbian characters have started to move away from that but I believe trans characters are going to have a harder time.
YES. YES 1000 times yes. And I'm sick of gaming journalists treating gay, lesbian or trans characters like a new zoo exhibit. This is the problem I have with progressives. They just want tokenized characters who's only notable trait is their sexuality, gender, or skin colour rather than a character who happens to be gay or whatever. Things like Gen Zed do nothing to help. I'd much rather have no gay characters than a gay character who's thing about him is being gay. I want creators to create what they want to create.

Sorry to bring this up again but this is exactly why I have a problem with Linkle. She would just be Link but with boobs! There would be nothing interesting about her.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Ryu never being leaked by an outside source is kinda peculiar.

I don't think it means anything, but you'd think Mr Fighting Game would've been exciting enough for someone over there to leak lol
Nobody wants to be the ESRB guy.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
And when SK finally gets confirmed, hundreds of thousands of voters will realize they wasted their time and effort on characters that matter, just to get a one year old fad character.
Popular characters around these parts include a villain who's not even part of his own series anymore, a character from a dead series that was never even really that popular to begin with, a shopkeeper who's popularity is centered entirely around people finding her cute, and a character who's on the same boat as Shovel Knight. The only one of these characters who ever mattered stopped being important at least 7 years ago.

And for the record, what you described is bound to happen anyway. Not everyone is going to be 100% happy with the end result. It doesn't matter if Shovel Knight doesn't get in and we end up getting K. Rool and Isaac. The best thing to do is to suck it up and get over it: or at least wait until we get confirmation before we start whining about SK. This is very premature.

Last edited:

Chrono.

The main source isn't in retail. Other sources are, and since Nintendo is selling codes for specific digital content then they could very well know about cards that will sell future Smash DLC.

So what's your stance on the rumor? Still banking on fake?

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord

While Amazon makes the most sense as being Tama's "source," the bit about Amazon knowing DLC details is what doesn't. For example, DLC content is not rated. The Smash games even have a notice in game stating such. Thus Smash DLC is not required to run by the ESRB. So if the contents aren't required to be administered before distribution, why would Amazon need to know such details? They already have a distribution agreement with Nintendo, why would they have a contract that states "please reveal all details of the release" rather than generic descriptions like "MK8 DLC pack 3, or Smash Character and stage DLC pack 3......

Nintendo has had the hardest time with leaks regarding Smash lately.....why would they fall into the same mistake again and start telling retailers such top secret information?

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

Wait? He has other multiple sources that reside in other retailers?
I honestly did not know that. I thought it was just about the Amiibo and not Shovel Knight being a Smash DLC character. This has multiple implications.

If multiple sources are saying that and if those other sources separate from the main one reside in retail, this could mean we could be seeing the DLC very soon. Maybe even on September 30th.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
Getting real sick of fiction using LBGT characters as an advertisement. Trans characters in particular.

There's inclusiveness, then there's trying to win over the progressive extremists.

a lot of the time they're like
pretty horrible really
see: dragon age

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Wait? He has other multiple sources that reside in other retailers?
I honestly did not know that. I thought it was just about the Amiibo and not Shovel Knight being a Smash DLC character. This has multiple implications.

If multiple sources are saying that and if those other sources separate from the main one reside in retail, this could mean we could be seeing the DLC very soon. Maybe even on September 30th.
From my understanding, they're not all retailers. Some have other connections within the industry.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I didn't know he had multiple sources on the matter either, now I don't really know what to think.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i dont trust tama as far as i can throw him(which isn't pretty far).To be frank i dont really like the way people are going with the rumor that includes both neo and push i get why they can't explain more but if you can't explain than why bringing it up in the first place

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
From my understanding, they're not all retailers. Some of other connections within the industry.
What other connections in the industry would he have? See, this is the confusing part for me.

It would make sense if retailers like Amazon knew of it beforehand so they could stock it when its announced, but what other companies besides Yacht Club Games and Nintendo would know about it?

Maybe it spread word of mouth from Yacht Club Games to other indie companies? I'm just confused on how this would get out of Nintendo's reach again.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
i dont trust tama as far as i can throw him(which isn't pretty far).To be frank i dont really like the way people are going with the rumor that includes both neo and push i get why they can't explain more but if you can't explain than why bringing it up in the first place
If it doesn't pan out, it doesn't pan out is my PoV. Healthy Skepticism is ALWAYS a good idea, especially when the public proof shown really isn't anything noteworthy.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If it doesn't pan out, it doesn't pan out is my PoV. Healthy Skepticism is ALWAYS a good idea, especially when the public proof shown really isn't anything noteworthy.
Neo I have a question.

Do you remember the whole Final Four thing where a leaker lied while still providing evidence?

Are you more confident about Shovel Knight than then?

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Popular characters around these parts include a villain who's not even part of his own series anymore, a character from a dead series that was never even really that popular to begin with, and a character who's on the same boat as Shovel Knight. The only one of these characters who ever mattered stopped being important at least 7 years ago.

And for the record, what you described is bound to happen anyway. Not everyone is going to be 100% happy with the end result. It doesn't matter if Shovel Knight doesn't get in and we end up getting K. Rool and Isaac. The best thing to do is to suck it up and get over it: or at least wait until we get confirmation before we start whining about SK. This is very premature.
Shovel Knight made up 2% of the global votes according the mass collection of polls https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/htmlview#
Many characters that have been voted on have been campaigned on sites like SWF for years.....even decades long. SK was not even released until after E3 last year. The fact is, this poll is finally the chance to deliver a "fan service" character. A character that fans have been asking for years.....even decades. Delivering a one year old character is not fan service. Too many people jumped on the SK bandwagon because of him being fresh and new at the time. If the poll was released any other year, it would be a different character that fits in this bandwagon spot. If SK gets in, many longtime Nintendo fans will feel defeated by a hip character that only got in because of relevant momentum rather than importance.

All the clues seem to point to the SK rumor being true, and based on Push and Neo Zero's support, I'd say its probably going to happen.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
What other connections in the industry would he have? See, this is the confusing part for me.

It would make sense if retailers like Amazon knew of it beforehand so they could stock it when its announced, but what other companies besides Yacht Club Games and Nintendo would know about it?

Maybe it spread word of mouth from Yacht Club Games to other indie companies? I'm just confused on how this would get out of Nintendo's reach again.
It could easily be someone with connections at Nintendo, we really don't know.

As far as explaining the sources...that's how you lose connections. These people are likely under NDA and shouldn't be speaking, and any information pertaining to what they do could jeopardize their jobs. If someone gets exposed for any reason, then why would ANYONE share anything with Tama?

(Just for the record, I'm not completely sold on the rumor. I can't personally trust a rumor without some knowledge of the source. I do, however, trust Push's judgement.)

Soul.

...there's another Shovel Knight rumor?
Oh come on October, this is getting boring.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
It could easily be someone with connections at Nintendo, we really don't know.

As far as explaining the sources...that's how you lose connections. These people are likely under NDA and shouldn't be speaking, and any information pertaining to what they do could jeopardize their jobs. If someone gets exposed for any reason, then why would ANYONE share anything with Tama?

(Just for the record, I'm not completely sold on the rumor. I can't personally trust a rumor without some knowledge of the source. I do, however, trust Push's judgement.)
Thank you. This post clears up a little bit of confusion I've had.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Shovel Knight made up 2% of the global votes according the mass collection of polls https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/htmlview#
Many characters that have been voted on have been campaigned on sites like SWF for years.....even decades long. SK was not even released until after E3 last year. The fact is, this poll is finally the chance to deliver a "fan service" character. A character that fans have been asking for years.....even decades. Delivering a one year old character is not fan service. Too many people jumped on the SK bandwagon because of him being fresh and new at the time. If the poll was released any other year, it would be a different character that fits in this bandwagon spot. If SK gets in, many longtime Nintendo fans will feel defeated by a hip character that only got in because of relevant momentum rather than importance.

All the clues seem to point to the SK rumor being true, and based on Push and Neo Zero's support, I'd say its probably going to happen.
>2%

I'm willing to bet King K. Rool makes up more then 10% of global votes. And that's the SSB4dojo poll, right? Well, I would know anyway

Shovel Knight's not even the most voted 3rd party.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
There is no "new" Shovel Knight rumor. We're just discussing the original Tama rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom