• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

There's no new SK rumor, Tama Tama just posted this on Twitter.
and Blue posted it here, which led to our current discussion.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Shovel Knight made up 2% of the global votes according the mass collection of polls https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/htmlview#
Many characters that have been voted on have been campaigned on sites like SWF for years.....even decades long. SK was not even released until after E3 last year. The fact is, this poll is finally the chance to deliver a "fan service" character. A character that fans have been asking for years.....even decades. Delivering a one year old character is not fan service. Too many people jumped on the SK bandwagon because of him being fresh and new at the time. If the poll was released any other year, it would be a different character that fits in this bandwagon spot. If SK gets in, many longtime Nintendo fans will feel defeated by a hip character that only got in because of relevant momentum rather than importance.

All the clues seem to point to the SK rumor being true, and based on Push and Neo Zero's support, I'd say its probably going to happen.
As someone who believes that Shovel Knight shouldn't be in the game, I really believe you should wait before making another rant, considering we have already beaten the Shovel Knight argument to death. For all we know, this could be a false alarm. Remember when Neo Zero insisted that there were several more characters outside the ESBR leak? Yeah, that turned out to be false.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
There's no new SK rumor, Tama Tama just posted this on Twitter.
and Blue posted it here, which led to our current discussion.
Can't believe pointless speculation led to this huge discussion which is a repeat of a month ago.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Ryu never being leaked by an outside source is kinda peculiar.

I don't think it means anything, but you'd think Mr Fighting Game would've been exciting enough for someone over there to leak lol
No one had to because Nintendo did it themselves.

"Well fine! I'll just make my own leak! With blackjack and hookers! But you know what?! Screw the blackjack and hookers!"
Shovel Knight made up 2% of the global votes according the mass collection of polls https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/htmlview#
Many characters that have been voted on have been campaigned on sites like SWF for years.....even decades long. SK was not even released until after E3 last year. The fact is, this poll is finally the chance to deliver a "fan service" character. A character that fans have been asking for years.....even decades. Delivering a one year old character is not fan service. Too many people jumped on the SK bandwagon because of him being fresh and new at the time. If the poll was released any other year, it would be a different character that fits in this bandwagon spot. If SK gets in, many longtime Nintendo fans will feel defeated by a hip character that only got in because of relevant momentum rather than importance.

All the clues seem to point to the SK rumor being true, and based on Push and Neo Zero's support, I'd say its probably going to happen.
Except the Ballot Box isn't a voting contest. It's a suggestion box. The more suggestions, the more popular that character is, but it's ultimately all up to the team to decide. If Shovel Knight is one of the more voted for characters, and the team takes to him, they're going to choose him. Also going from the whole momentum perspective, but this would be a huge push to Shovel Knight and his franchise, one that could very well ensure his longevity as a series.

Just my two scents, but we can't predict anything. There's too many variables to make a reliable conclusion.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hey, that's why Chrom and Chorus Kids are in Smash, right? Because all clues pointed to the leak being tru-wait.

Last edited:

Chrono.

lol I just ran into this, gave me a scare.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
So many of these parody accs popping out now.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Okay I actually had a thought about Shovel Knight being in Smash guys, I don't know if this point was brought up before but I'm going to bring it up anyway so bear with.

You guys remember how Takamaru was almost made playable in Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS, but his lack of a western release is what stopped him from being playable. And the thing with Shovel Knight is he has no Japanese release, so I don't see Sakurai adding him when he has the same problem as Takamaru if he even knows who Shovel Knight is.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
If it doesn't pan out, it doesn't pan out is my PoV. Healthy Skepticism is ALWAYS a good idea, especially when the public proof shown really isn't anything noteworthy.
Fair enough i suppose but i personally just want more info on the rumor or know more about the sources.It's just the person that i am.At this point i just want a confirmation or deconfirmation so we can move on

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I said this a couple pages back but I wouldn't be surprised if SK turned out to be a repeat of Gematsu and Chrom.

history doomed to repeat itself I see
So butt butt will be laying on the ground hoping to get his chance and become part of Shantae's final smash? And get in PXZ3?

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Neo I have a question.

Do you remember the whole Final Four thing where a leaker lied while still providing evidence?

Are you more confident about Shovel Knight than then?
I suppose I am. Granted, part of that is it's Tama's rep on the line here, not mine lol

D

Deleted member

I love how 60% of the arguments agaisnt Shovel Knight are now "This leak was fake, so SK must be too!"

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder will the ballot be swayed mostly by hardcore smash fans or by a silent majority?

Tama

Smash Apprentice
Eh, didn't really have much to do with my initial point. Just said it would line up. Still don't believe we will see ballot results announced until a week or two after the ballot ends. I'd love to be wrong, though.

Come on, man. Tama comes off as super cocky when he does stuff like this. Is it any wonder some people find him unlikable?

I was just having a joke. Get off your high horse.

D

Deleted member

Fyi, don't use online polls as "evidence" that a character is popular or not
It's laughable
Goku gets in due to all the little kids throwing votes for him and they have no idea what a "smashboards" is.
WHAT THE **** IS A SMASHBOARDS!?!?

Tama

Smash Apprentice
I suppose I am. Granted, part of that is it's Tama's rep on the line here, not mine lol
Nobody's rep is on the line, Zero. I just reported on a rumour that was going around. I did my duty to make the public aware of what was being said behind closed doors and never made any promises about who's going to be in Smash Bros. Whether he gets in or not, I have no regrets.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Fyi, don't use online polls as "evidence" that a character is popular or not
It's laughable

WHAT THE **** IS A SMASHBOARDS!?!?
I think that it's just fine to use it as a source for a character being popular if the same chara places Top 3 in over 30 polls. Like K. Rool. Even if just a bit popular.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Tama

Smash Apprentice
It's been fun, but I can see the thinly veiled hostility towards me creeping in again. I was just having trying to have some fun with my Twitter, and I think some of you should learn to be less judgemental and self serious over what are quite clearly jokes.

Thank you to those who did for welcoming me into your community.

See you guys around.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I was just having a joke. Get off your high horse.
I have no issue with you personally, I just really think you don't understand how you come off at times. The way you are pushing this, you will either come off as hack if it's wrong or an arrogant prick if you're right.

I don't think you're either of these things, but some times it's better to just let a situation pan out.

You've done your job and shared the info you had.

Let sleeping dogs lie and all that.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It doesn't matter if the voters are all the same
...And they're not? What is your point

It's been fun, but I can see the thinly veiled hostility towards me creeping in again. I was just having trying to have some fun with my Twitter, and I think some of you should learn to be less judgemental and self serious over what are quite clearly jokes.

Thank you to those who did for welcoming me into your community.

See you guys around.
See ya...remember, you can come across as very rude even when joking; everyone does.
unblock me pls

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I don't think I'm liking where this thead is heading.

With that said, see you all tomorrow, not quite looking forward to seeing the inevitable drama, and either way I have work.

Please don't rip each other apart too much.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Hey, that's why Chrom and Chorus Kids are in Smash, right? Because all clues pointed to the leak being tru-wait.
The issue there, the gematsu leak had many other components as a whole. The SK rumor is just SK. Tama seems to have sources, and we have mods here that have verified his sources. Yes it can be fake, but given the way YCG has been acting, its very suspicious.

Well, considering he coincidentally looks like a certain summon in Golden Sun...:troll:

Lets not forget hes already part of someone's down special

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

With that said, see you all tomorrow, not quite looking forward to seeing the inevitable drama, and either way I have work.

Where is the thread heading? I don't see much drama incoming.

If we go at eachother's throats because a few of us made someone feel a bit down (and the rest of us tried to help him) then...

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

It's going to be a lot worse if Shovel Knight is indeed a DLC character.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The issue there, the gematsu leak had many other components as a whole. The SK rumor is just SK. Tama seems to have sources, and we have mods here that have verified his sources. Yes it can be fake, but given the way YCG has been acting, its very suspicious.
But still, the way you worded your post wasn't that much different from your typical Chrom supporter back then, and the circumstances are similar.

And look what happened to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom