• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
What would Elma do actually?

I mean I know she has a gun, but I'm not sure if she can use that.
Dual Guns and Dual Swords to be more precise. She is able switch between them mid battle as well with her Arts.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Have to play the game I guess, lol. She might have more to pull from if some of the spoilers I've accidentally stumbled upon prove to be true.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
To be honest, I feel like this thread has had a lot of drama lately. A bit too much of it I might add. All we're doing is speculating over a video game. If Sakurai saw this thread, I'm sure he would be slightly disappointed over the way we were acting.

Video Games are suppose to be about fun. Not flame wars, infractions, or salt. Now a little bit of drama is normally healthy, but I feel we've had too much lately.

This weekend seems to have been a disaster with trolls and flame wars (stuff you actually want to stay away from). I love speculation as much as the next guy, but this needs to seriously stop.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I don't have enough time to fully go through and review the situation, but I strongly suggest everyone just drop it for now. If you attacked Tamaki, then you should apologize for it (to him, not in this thread).

Do not continue harassing Tamaki, on this thread or through Twitter,etc.

Stop posting his tweets, he wants to be left alone. Continuing the argument is reflecting poorly on the Smash Community and this thread.

It's time to change the subject.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
New subject huh? Well like I said in a previous post. New York Comic Con is coming up. Does anyone know if nintendo is going to be there?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I think I've actually grown comfortable with the idea of Shovel Knight in Smash.

I certainly don't think he's a great choice, but I enjoyed his game and I'm sure he would be a well designed character if he were to make it in.

Part of this is that I was pretty much spoiled with the base roster and DLC. I've got pretty much everyone I want (barring unrealistic choices such as Ridley and most likely a Konami rep) in the game already.

The only character I am really rooting for now is Wolf, if only because his absence feels so arbitrary and strange. The roster just feels weird to me without him in it. Beyond that? Well, I mean I have my favorites (such as Isaac), but anyone that's fun to play as is okay in my book.

D

Deleted member

The problem with this thread is that we make things a bigger deal than they actually are
We can't drop arguments once they start to get aggressive because we feel the need to "win"
But, alas, this is human nature

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't know about Nintendo but

#AlexBoys #HyperBombThursday
I want a proper Megaman title using the Smash design. It would be all sorts of hype....maybe they're waiting for Sakurai to finish Smash DLC, lol.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I think I've actually grown comfortable with the idea of Shovel Knight in Smash.

I certainly don't think he's a great choice, but I enjoyed his game and I'm sure he would be a well designed character if he were to make it in.

Part of this is that I was pretty much spoiled with the base roster and DLC. I've got pretty much everyone I want (barring unrealistic choices such as Ridley and most likely a Konami rep) in the game already.

The only character I am really rooting for now is Wolf, if only because his absence feels so arbitrary and strange. The roster just feels weird to me without him in it. Beyond that? Well, I mean I have my favorites (such as Isaac), but anyone that's fun to play as is okay in my book.
Shovel Knight's really a character that has started to grow on me ever since the rumor. He has a lot of unique things that alot of other characters don't have (like a Shovel as a weapon).

Maybe for his Final Smash, he could dig his opponent's grave.:troll:

Strofirko

Smash Master
You do realize anyone was free to join right? Even if you had like. . . zero posts.
Yet until people here don't take the basic notions of welcoming a subject or a opinion here,or learning to ignore,this thread will only get worse.

Also I may leave before I get pepper sprayed here.

Soul.

The cycle of speculation always ends in an argument. It's fun to know who will be in or not, but why do people feel the need to end that with a pointless argument. It's always like this in every single speculative thread lol.

I don't know if things became more heated the moment the Ballot was announced because "WOAH SPECULATION IS ALIVE! TIME FOR MORE DEBATES!!" or something

You know i've said before I love every song in Xenoblade. This is false. Ether Mine ****ing sucks lol. So repetitive and annoying. . . Yeesh.

At least i'm on my way to getting sharla out of the party and Makna. :/

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Shovel Knight's really a character that has started to grow on me ever since the rumor. He has a lot of unique things that alot of other characters don't have (like a Shovel as a weapon).

Maybe for his Final Smash, he could dig his opponent's grave.:troll:
I still don't like the possibility of his addition mostly because he REALLY feels like a fad character to me. If DLC was not happening, I really doubt he would have this sort of fan base going into Smash 5.

That being said, he has a great look and the potential to be pretty fun. I'm thinking his final Smash would include Shield Knight in some way.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's getting to that point to where I wish the ballot never existed and DLC should just end in October/November.

It's gotten so awful to where it's a damn problem over a video game.

C'mon Megaman game or DMC5.

Or atleast a SFV newcomer

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I still don't like his additional mostly because he REALLY feels like a fad character to me. If DLC was not happening, I really doubt he would have this sort of fan base going into Smash 5.

That being said, he has a great look and the potential to be pretty fun. I'm thinking his final Smash would include Shield Knight in some way.
Even though he seems like a fad right know, his inclusion in Smash could also raise his popularity as well. So, there's a two way spectrum of things that could potentially happen. It's still to early to determine what'll happen though.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The problem with this thread is that we make things a bigger deal than they actually are
We can't drop arguments once they start to get aggressive because we feel the need to "win"
This is still continuing the argument. We can talk about how the thread is unable to drop arguments tomorrow. For now, let's all pretend things are peachy and merry until everyone can calm down.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
The cycle of speculation always ends in an argument. It's fun to know who will be in or not, but why do people feel the need to end that with a pointless argument. It's always like this in every single speculative thread lol.

I don't know if things became more heated the moment the Ballot was announced because "WOAH SPECULATION IS ALIVE! TIME FOR MORE DEBATES!!" or something
I think it's so much more hostility around nowadays do to many people believing the ballot is a competition and now more than ever people view it as "your character vs my character" or "Your character sucks.Vote for my character" or my favorite "Sakurai would never pick your character over this popular and deserving character".Which is why when the ballot ends i think it's gonna be one of those calm before the storm moments because every fanbase thinks there character is leading the ballot despite no one really knowing

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Well if nothing comes of the 30th with Nintendo we'll have something to get hype over.

D

Deleted member

Also I may leave before I get pepper sprayed here.
Then just do it already.
If you're going to do nothing but lecture the thread and make backhanded comments, then just go.
No one's forcing you to stay here.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
This is still continuing the argument. We can talk about how the thread is unable to drop arguments tomorrow. For now, let's all pretend things are peachy and merry until everyone can calm down.
I find it funny that every time I post something, you post something else right after me XD.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Can't wait for someone who isn't Shovel Knight to be revealed so we can all forget this ever happened.

So...anyone looking to get Dragon Quest Heroes? I've never actually played a Dragon Quest game, but I like the look of this one.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Which Final Fantasy game is the best for newcomers to the series?

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
I honestly didn't even realize I posted in the middle of a drama here. I guess I came in at the right time since I kinda broke it up? Lol.

Currently (re)playing Xenobalade. Haven't looked into anything X realted for fear of spoilers but I'm always don for more characters from Xenoblade (that aren't sharla). Let's hope for your sake there isn't another xenoblade between now and smash 5 :p
I'm also avoiding spoilers like the plague (although I have been spoiled a bit every once in a while, ugh!).

I'm not that worried because the release of a hypothetical Xenoblade 3 (which is very likely) should come out the same time as Smash 5 (both series take about 4-5 years of development).

Dual Blades for short-range combat and Dual Guns for long-range combat. She has the ability to switch between weapons, so that would make her a unique character in Smash. :)

And about the gun issue... Yeah, I don't know how they'll get around that if Elma is ever included. Haha.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'd say FFIX as it's one of the easier games in the series and the mechanics in the game aren't that complex compared to some of the other games.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The sad truth of just about every argument. Because 1 person can't flippin' stop or admit something before it reaches the breaking point. It doesn't help that we are at that stage of stress and anticipation with the release date just about here.
So...anyone looking to get Dragon Quest Heroes? I've never actually played a Dragon Quest game, but I like the look of this one.
That's the one done by Koei Tecmo, right? The one that plays familiar to the Warriors series? Have to admit I am interested a bit in that one, but that's mostly because I have a general idea of Dragon Quest through Dragon Quest VIII. I mean, I do know a good amount of the main characters from other games, but storywise, I only really know about DQVIII.
I don't know if it would be the best, but I do absolutely love Final Fantasy V. Especially since the GBA remake made the dialogue much more memorable. But gameplay-wise, I always thought Final Fantasy V was one of the best and very easy to get into.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The more time passes, the more I think we're only getting the Mario Maker stage on the 30th.

Unless we get surprised with an announcement on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom