• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even think i'm ranked :p
I played the single player and a little it of multiplayer then quit. I don't even remember why I quit. . .I even own an (unopened)amiibo :/
Hope I can get wi-fi working

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I think we'll get Smash News "When we get it".

Seriously, all these predictions and theories as to when a smash announcement could/should happen isn't doing people any favors. =P

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
One of these days I will have an avi that I will finally stick to. Today is not that day. That one viridi avi is still pretty nice.

Getting closer and close to that deadline and more and more impatient. No idea why i'm so ravenous. At least I don't have to worry about being dissapointed like 90% of the community. I'll be allowed to watch and report the salt without any of my own.
I'm not sticking with my avatar for a while until Yokai Watch is released.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Hey, in a span of 2 weeks that isn't bad at all. I've had the game since launch and I'm stuck in the B-B+ range.

In addition to the advice above... don't play at night. That's when all the Japanese players come out and they're INSANELY dedicated and hard to take on.
Also, if you ever do squads, make sure you're in actual communication with your teammates... while I don't think much is lost with splatoon not having voice chat... literally every team you'll come across is going to be pretty-obviously competitive with communication on their end (A lot even have some kind of team name in their Nintendo ID).
I ONLY play at night. Working 9-5 then commuting for the hour home then dinner and dishes makes the earliest i can hop on around 7:30. The Japanese players are insane, but you learn from them- like how in Rainmaker Triggerfish, they added a wall-ramp-thing you can ink to quickly get from the "main drag" from your base to the mesh ramp. I had no idea that existed and now i use it constantly and other people see me use it then they use it, etc.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
To change up the subject a bit, what would your reaction be in the hypothetical scenario where we get 6 more DLC characters but they are: Wolf, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Corrin, Azura and Pichu?

Chrono.

To change up the subject a bit, what would your reaction be in the hypothetical scenario where we get 6 more DLC characters but they are: Wolf, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Corrin, Azura and Pichu?
Kamui and Azura are characters I'd actually love to see in a Smash 5 (Kamui especially) so I'd be happy, Wolf is great, Pichu could be cool and I don't care about Shantae or SK.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think we'll get Smash News "When we get it".

Seriously, all these predictions and theories as to when a smash announcement could/should happen isn't doing people any favors. =P
Yeah.... Probably for the best to just sit back and wait it out. We will get it when we get it. At least we know that the new stage will be coming out on the 30th and most probably anything else that may come along with it too.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
All these un-spoilered Xenoblade spoilers are giving me gas.

Chrono.

Well since DLC was brought up.

tl;dw their list is: That booger kid from Zelda, Sub-Zero, Waluigi, Krystal, "anime characters", "Sonic characters", Metal Mario and Bayonetta

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A animated pikmin film could do really well actually. Even for those who don't know what it is, would go " Aw it's a cute film about a tiny spaceman trying to get home" and it would probably appeal really well to a general audience. I would still it day one if it was a thing.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
All these un-spoilered Xenoblade spoilers are giving me gas.
Smash is full of them to begin with, the game has been out since 2010, and the next installment of the series is already in existence. X Zone 2 outright slaps people in the face with a critical part of the story. And trust me when I say what we've discussed aren't even the biggest plot points.
Sorry for the spoilers, I'll be mindful from hereon out, but at this point it's just a tad silly.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Smash is full of them to begin with, the game has been out since 2010, and the next installment of the series is already in existence. X Zone 2 outright slaps people in the face with a critical part of the story. And trust me when I say what we've discussed aren't even the biggest plot points.
Sorry for the spoilers, I'll be mindful from hereon out, but at this point it's just a tad silly.
I have to disagree with calling it silly. I mean I have the game and am pretty deep into it (I knew about everything talked about so far), but Xenoblade is legitimately hard to find in the Americas, at least for a decent price. The game did have a very limited release. I waited months to get mine because I couldnt get it at launch and I barely got it for around $66 for just the disc on ebay; the average price was over $100 at the time. It's not as bad now but it's still pretty bad.

All I'm saying is that there are legit reasons people may not know every plot point of Xenoblade (I've been job searching for the past few months and just havent had time to finish it) and legit reasons they may not want to know about them yet.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I have to disagree with calling it silly. I mean I have the game and am pretty deep into it (I knew about everything talked about so far), but Xenoblade is legitimately hard to find in the Americas, at least for a decent price. The game did have a very limited release. I waited months to get mine because I couldnt get it at launch and I barely got it for around $66 for just the disc on ebay; the average price was over $100 at the time. It's not as bad now but it's still pretty bad.

All I'm saying is that there are legit reasons people may not know every plot point of Xenoblade (I've been job searching for the past few months and just havent had time to finish it) and legit reasons they may not want to know about them yet.
I get that.
But we are at a point where even the DEVELOPERS don't care about keeping their stories spoilered (Hence X Zone 2), the New 3DS release is still a thing, arguably the most popular Nintendo LPer did a full playthrough with tens of thousands of views, emulators can handle the game near perfectly with a devent enough build, and if Smash or anything didn't make Xenoblade relevant enough in your mind to play it by now, price and all, then you're ASKING for spoilers by lurking around the internet. If we hadn't said it, people would hear it elsewhere by some happy accident.
I am apologetic for not being more careful with it, but not for it being old enough for us to talk about it casually.

Last edited:
Spoilers are a weird subject but Xenoblade (and any game in a similar situations) is kind of an exception. Most people are looking for the game because of smash which is recent. For most people the N3DS launch was the release date. . . not 2010. And with a game so storyheavy like Xenoblade I feel like an extension is kind of necessary.

Spoilering is just common courtesy anyway :/ If pretty much anything in that game was spoiled for me . . .especially one part. . . It probably wouldn't been my 2nd favorite game ever :x

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I really like how Miyamoto is pushing Pikmin recently. Honestly, I feel like the series deserves it. It was an interesting idea, and people like the series. Having a movie along with the 4th game really pushes Pikmin I think.

First Fire Emblem, then Pikmin. What other franchises do you guys think Nintendo would want to push more?

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
In other news, I hit S in Splatoon last night! wizardto1 wizardto1 Did you ever advance further than A? Haven't heard from you in a while!

Awesome! And nope. Still in A but hopefully I will make it soon.

In fact, funny story, I was at Splatzones and was losing. While trying to get to the zone, I encounter a E-liter K aiming at me so I just hopped around and confused him until I was able to splat with my carbon roller. I squidbagged and only to get splated by Inkbrush and lose....heh heh.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Spoilers are a weird subject but Xenoblade (and any game in a similar situations) is kind of an exception. Most people are looking for the game because of smash which is recent. For most people the N3DS launch was the release date. . . not 2010. And with a game so storyheavy like Xenoblade I feel like an extension is kind of necessary.

Spoilering is just common courtesy anyway :/
Beh... That's a fair enough point I suppose. As I said I'll be more careful with it from hereon out. I HAVE been very careful with it in the past, but with Smash and X Zone putting the nail in the coffin of spoiler territory for Chronicles, I just really didn't see the point.
But yeah. Common courtesy is just what it boils down to, so I apologize.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I get that.
But we are at a point where even the DEVELOPERS don't care about keeping their stories spoilered (Hence X Zone 2), the New 3DS release is still a thing, arguably the most popular Nintendo LPer did a full playthrough with tens of thousands of views, emulators can handle the game near perfectly with a devent enough build, and if Smash or anything didn't make Xenoblade relevant enough in your mind to play it by now, price and all, then you're ASKING for spoilers by lurking around the internet. If we hadn't said it, people would hear it elsewhere by some happy accident.
I am apologetic for not being more careful with it, but not for it being old enough for us to talk about it casually.
X-Zone is a cross over, not a tabula rasa game. So unless people legit think that all those characters are new or have nothing to do with the universes they're from then that's a terrible example imo.
And, no being on the internet isnt asking for spoilers in the same way that driving isnt asking to get into a wreck. It's something that can happen, and a risk that is consciously taken (like most things in life), but it's certainly not something people are asking for. People purposely spoiling things or not being careful are just the bad/drunken drivers of the gaming community.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I get that.
Well the XZone 2 developers are obviously not gonna care because they're making the games with the Japanese audience in mind, Xenoblade didn't have a limited release over there, it's probably easier to get and a bit more mainstream.

I do agree that keeping spoilers a secret for this long can be kinda silly but not everyone in the thread is okay with that.

Beh... That's a fair enough point I suppose. As I said I'll be more careful with it from hereon out. I HAVE been very careful with it in the past, but with Smash and X Zone putting the nail in the coffin of spoiler territory for Chronicles, I just really didn't see the point.
But yeah.
I will give you "seven." That cat is out of the bag especially in the smash fandom. I would prefer spoilering but at this point it might not even be necessary. . . even more so in this group where everyone talked about Xzone already

(TBH i really don't know what spoiler Kenbo was referring to so I jumped on an argument I didn't know bout to give an opinion :p)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Spoilers can sometimes be a pretty tricky subject I suppose.

Especially if it would involve something or someone that may be introduced in someway in their initial game that may be considered a major spoiler for said game, but then become walking spoilers in later games with little to no care in the world from the developers of whether or not you've played said initial game etc....

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Well since DLC was brought up.

tl;dw their list is: That booger kid from Zelda, Sub-Zero, Waluigi, Krystal, "anime characters", "Sonic characters", Metal Mario and Bayonetta
Hearing Snake was pleasant. Sad part is, like all the other 3rd partys, he had a lot of care put into his character. Also, I don't care for Krystal or want her, but seriously? The outfit being a reason? She has the assult outfit for that.

Some made sense like Metal Mario, but some of these reasons make no sense.

Chrono.

My general guideline with spoilers is:
  • If it's new, keep mouth shut (or be really vague)
  • If it's old, make sure everyone's fine with them
Hearing Snake was pleasant. Sad part is, like all the other 3rd partys, he had a lot of care put into his character. Also, I don't care for Krystal or want her, but seriously? The outfit being a reason? She has the assult outfit for that.

Some made sense like Metal Mario, but some of these reasons make no sense.
Yeah the video was pretty silly.

Plus the whole "No Realistic Characters, No "Anime" Characters" came off as pretentious.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I really like how Miyamoto is pushing Pikmin recently. Honestly, I feel like the series deserves it. It was an interesting idea, and people like the series. Having a movie along with the 4th game really pushes Pikmin I think.

First Fire Emblem, then Pikmin. What other franchises do you guys think Nintendo would want to push more?
I don't know if they'd want to, but I'd love them to push Punch-Out!! more, maybe with a new game, preferably by Next Level Games again.

That and Mole Mania and Ice Climber getting modern revivals. :p

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Spoilers can sometimes be a pretty tricky subject I suppose.

Especially if it would involve something or someone that may be introduced in someway in their initial game that may be considered a major spoiler for said game, but then become walking spoilers in later games with little to no care in the world from the developers of whether or not you've played said initial game etc....
I agree. There are times where avoiding spoilers is difficult or perhaps even impossible; however, I just think it's respectful to at least try to avoid them.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I don't know if they'd want to, but I'd love them to push Punch-Out!! more, maybe with a new game, preferably by Next Level Games again.

That and Mole Mania and Ice Climber getting modern revivals. :p
This? This is something I can agree on definitely. Seeing other characters take the mantle of the main character would be nice, or maybe creating that Doc Lewis Punch Out game? And not the Wii ware title, a full fledged game with Doc Lewis.

Chrono.

I personally would love to see more Kid Icarus and Punch-Out!!.

I'd say F-Zero as well but what's the point.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I agree. There are times where avoiding spoilers is difficult or perhaps even impossible; however, I just think it's respectful to at least try to avoid them.
True, If you can avoid them, or want to talk a bit about them. Perhaps put it under a spoiler tag and let everyone know that what's inside of it is spoilers.

But of course, there are times where it's kinda difficult to keep something spoiler free if said thing or character starts showing up in other games, perhaps even doing said spoilerific thing etc.

Sheik from Ocarina of Time is probably the biggest example of this. Her being Zelda was meant to be a bit of a surprise at the end of the game. But games like Smash Bros kinda threw a wrench into the plan..... Especially Melee and Brawl where Zelda outright transforms between herself and her alter ego....

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This? This is something I can agree on definitely. Seeing other characters take the mantle of the main character would be nice, or maybe creating that Doc Lewis Punch Out game? And not the Wii ware title, a full fledged game with Doc Lewis.
I could just see them doing something really neat with the series; there's so many angles they could take.

Imagine they make an unlockable hard mode that even puts Title Defense to shame. You know what the catch would be?

Glass Joe mode. Go through the entire campaign as Glass Joe.

Hell I'd play it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom