• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
PXZ1 was meant to be a Japan-only release and it was due to massive fan demand that the game was brought outside.

Now, PXZ2 was revealed and immediately scheduled for a Western release as well. The roster seems to focus more on games released outside of Japan, or that have significant popularity in the West.

This proves one thing: exporting the game was beneficial to Bandai Namco. The game was successful enough in the West for them to do a sequel and announcing it for a Western release from the get go.

The Nintendo guests will help the game sell. FEA and Xenoblade have plenty of fans that probably wouldn't care about the game if it didn't have content from those games.

Considering that the development studio is Monolith Soft, a first-party Nintendo studio, and that Sega, Bandai Namco and Capcom are in good terms with Nintendo, also being involved with Smash Bros., it's possible that Nintendo may be more involved in future games.

I just want a ultimate fighting game crossover with Nintendo, Sega, Capcom and Namco-Bandai. A straight up 64-man roster of the biggest IPs in the world.

Just give me my dream game. Smash and PxZ made me too hungry for this

D

Deleted member

Atlus characters could appear as guest characters without losing their identity much like the Nintendo chars we got

I think the only problem is that most of their main characters are silent protagonists(this is true for EO and I believe SMT, though I'm not sure on Persona)
I'm just really desperate to see EO content in any crossover at this point

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I think Shulk might not be in PXZ2 for canon reasons, because the Monado can't hurt people. Smash is one thing but PXZ is more focused on story.
PXZ1 was meant to be a Japan-only release and it was due to massive fan demand that the game was brought outside.

Now, PXZ2 was revealed and immediately scheduled for a Western release as well. The roster seems to focus more on games released outside of Japan, or that have significant popularity in the West.

This proves one thing: exporting the game was beneficial to Bandai Namco. The game was successful enough in the West for them to do a sequel and announcing it for a Western release from the get go.
Makes me wonder why Frank West hasn't been seen in this game yet.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Shenmue is still getting bank rolled by Sony though, and it's still a Sega property. The game didn't need Kickstarter for any reason beyond promotion and "gauging interest."
I never said Shenmue was indie or that Sega didnt own the IP (it's no different from any other company outsourcing work), I just said that Sega wasn't making it. But now that you bring up guaging interest and bank rolling, I was under the impression that they'd only get bankrolled if there was enough interest (the initial KS campaign), though I may be thinking of a different kickstarter.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think Shulk might not be in PXZ2 for canon reasons, because the Monado can't hurt people. Smash is one thing but PXZ is more focused on story.
The Monado can't hurt beings from Bionis.

You could argue it can hit things from other worlds entirely. :p

Even PXZ takes some liberties with the canon of the represented series for gameplay reasons. If Shulk were to be excluded because of that, it would be a lame excuse... :ohwell:

Makes me wonder why Frank West hasn't been seen in this game yet.
Eh, I don't think he's going anywhere, but stranger things have happened.

Chrono.

Atlus characters could appear as guest characters without losing their identity much like the Nintendo chars we got

I think the only problem is that most of their main characters are silent protagonists(this is true for EO and I believe SMT, though I'm not sure on Persona)
The Persona protags are silent but not really.

Tatsuya talks in P2EP, ditto for Maya in P2IS, Narukami talks in the Arena games, Makoto doesn't talk in any game but he (obviously) does in the P3 movies and #lolPersona1.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
The Monado can't hurt beings from Bionis.

You could argue it can hit things from other worlds entirely. :p

Even PXZ takes some liberties with the canon of the represented series for gameplay reasons. If Shulk were to be excluded because of that, it would be a lame excuse... :ohwell:

Eh, I don't think he's going anywhere, but stranger things have happened.
It's never really explored but I THINK the Monado II can hurt people? I mean the reason the Monado couldn't hurt faced Mechon was because Homs blood flowed through it, but since the Monado II can hurt them...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The Persona protags are silent but not really.

Tatsuya talks in P2EP, ditto for Maya in P2IS, Narukami talks in the Arena games, Makoto doesn't talk in any game but he (obviously) does in the P3 movies and #lolPersona1.
Makoto speaks in Persona Q. You can hear h speak of you play the P4 side.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Monado II can hurt beings from the Bionis, Monado 1 can hurt everything except beings from Bionis.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
"I've seen the new Chibi-Robo game, and it looks pretty bad. It's a slap in the face to Chibi-Robo fans everywhere."

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
How so? Chibi-robo fans themselves seem to find the game to be alright.
I was Actually trying to do an imitation of that typical person. You know, we hate it cause it's different, but auto-correct.

Chrono.

God.

The comments on the Vinesauce courses are downright terrible and sometimes even veer into R34 territory.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

The whole time I thought you were talking about Captain EO and I was really confused.

Though it just wouldn't be the same without Michael Jackson reprising the role.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Because nobody else in Smash is from the giant Bionis thing, Monado hurts them no problem.

And for the same reason, a fat man in yellow overalls can kill Metal Face by farting hard enough.

Last edited:
One of these days I will have an avi that I will finally stick to. Today is not that day. That one viridi avi is still pretty nice.

Getting closer and close to that deadline and more and more impatient. No idea why i'm so ravenous. At least I don't have to worry about being dissapointed like 90% of the community. I'll be allowed to watch and report the salt without any of my own.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Would you say it's worse than the pie of pewdie?
I'll say this, the people of Vinesauce are great and funny people. My problem is with some of the fanbase. It's more apparent with one of the people on that team (Vinesauce Joel). Fans like to bring up old jokes constantly and it really runs its course.

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
If we're making a Mario movie, could it be the reboot of that one flick where it's a retelling of Momotaro with Mario as the peach boy, being raised by two Hammer Bros and given a shotgun?
(No seriously it happened. Look it up, it's called Super Mario Momotarō.)
Oh g... what the h... where did you find this, today I will not be able to sleep, seriously this stuff will give me nightmares for the rest of the week, thank you.

.n_n.

D

Deleted member

"Don't worry Fiora, the Monado can't hurt beings from the Bionis"
*proceeds to kill monsters just outside the colony*

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh g... what the h... where did you find this, today I will not be able to sleep, seriously this stuff will give me nightmares for the rest of the week, thank you.

.n_n.
Oh it's not that bad. Besides, they've done worse with Mario and adaptions. Like Club Mario: because what better way to represent Mario than two stereotypical 90's surfer dudes.

Would you say it's worse than the pie of pewdie?
I'd say it's half and half. Both have their strengths and issues. And honestly it tends to fluctuate between streamer to streamer. Where guys like Vinny and Joel take the brunt of the Fan Dumb, people like Hootey or Rev tend to have calmer chats.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
In other news, I hit S in Splatoon last night! @wizardto1 Did you ever advance further than A? Haven't heard from you in a while!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Silly MisterSubstitute.

See that? That's Luigi laughing at your response and Mario is baffled.
Oh you don't believe me do you? Well then...
Maybe this could change your mind? Oh, and if your curious, there is a good reason why Super Mario Bros Super Show is mixed in. Guess what replaced the live action segments?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
A lot of popular thing will have that really stupid and naive young fan bases.

Even video game franchises aren't guilty of this.

The best thing to do is ignore it. Just focus on watching what you like and looking up YT comments is only going to hurt yourself.
To me, there is no such thing as a good fanbase. None of that ever existed. EVER.

Except for Tetris and Tetris only.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
...I'm rank C...:(
Probably because I got the game two weeks ago but it still makes me feel inadequate.
My best advice is to pick a weapon and stick to it. Learn why you like it, what it's strengths and weaknesses are. The reason you see so many Tentateks/Octoshots and Krak-on Rollers are they're pretty good regardless of the situation.

Also, if you don't like a mode or particular stage on rotation, don't play ranked. I couldn't care less for Splatzones, but I love Rainmaker and Tower Control. That being said, if any combination of Saltspray Rig, Arowana Mall, Bluefin Depot, and Walleye Warehouse are on rotation i'll play Splatzones because I like those stages. Likewise, if Blackbelly Skatepark is on rotation in Rainmaker I'll usually shy away from ranked that night because it's a subpar level in that mode in my opinion.

It boils down to if you're not comfortable, don't play. And if you're getting upset, stop playing- you're only going to make more and more mistakes and rage harder and harder. Took me a while to finally drill this into my head.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
...I'm rank C...:(
Probably because I got the game two weeks ago but it still makes me feel inadequate.
Hey, in a span of 2 weeks that isn't bad at all. I've had the game since launch and I'm stuck in the B-B+ range.

In addition to the advice above... don't play at night. That's when all the Japanese players come out and they're INSANELY dedicated and hard to take on.
Also, if you ever do squads, make sure you're in actual communication with your teammates... while I don't think much is lost with splatoon not having voice chat... literally every team you'll come across is going to be pretty-obviously competitive with communication on their end (A lot even have some kind of team name in their Nintendo ID).

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I am more inclined to believe we could get something tomorrow, rather then tonight. It seems you have a lot of no's for both though.
Well, it's usually better to be pessimistic about things as you won't usually get as disappointed in the long run. So I understand all the reason why most people are saying No. Plus, it just makes you all the more hyped :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom