• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sakurai being a Fire Emblem fan proves he has good taste in games. :p

Hey Frostwraith Frostwraith , where'd that Risen/Metal Face screen come from? I assume the opening or some sort of trailer, so where can I see that?
Found it in a GameFAQs thread.

It is from the opening. They showed parts of it during a live performance of the song at TGS.

You can find it on YouTube.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't consider Wayforward indie at all. It's middle of the ground. It's just that people consider them indie because of Kickstarter.

I'm not kidding. I think this was the reason why people consider them indie.

Kickstarter=/=Indie
Kick starter is used just as much for promotion as for actually raising money now a days.

Is Sega an indie company because of The Shenmue Kickstarter?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Real talk tho, if we can get Nintendo characters in PXZ, there's nothing stopping Atlus
I mean, Sega owns them now, doesn't it?

I would say Robin is the one with the strongest connection to Validar and Aversa
Gangrel is the one who made it personal to Chrom
EDIT: fixed it
I'd argue that Validar also has a strong connection to Chrom and Lucina considering

He was responsible for bringing about Grima, killing Chrom in the bad future.

Kick starter is used just as much fo promotion as for actually raising money now a days.

Sega does what InDevs don't? :p

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I wonder if Tron Bonne will return to PXZ2. She was a solo unit in PXZ1.

By the way, there are 8 video game franchises represented both in Smash and Project X Zone so far:
- Mega Man (Smash focuses mainly on the classic series, PXZ focuses mainly on the X and Legends series)
- Street Fighter
- Tales (Smash focuses on Symphonia, PXZ focuses on Vesperia)
- Tekken
- Legend of Valkyrie (Valkyrie makes a cameo in Pac-Man's Namco Roulette taunt and music from the game is included in one of the Namco retro medleys)
- Virtua Fighter
- Fire Emblem (Smash focuses on the overall series, PXZ only focuses on Awakening)
- Xenoblade Chronicles

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Kick starter is used just as much fo promotion as for actually raising money now a days.

Sega isn't making Shenmue 3, though.....they just gave the rights of making Shenmue 3 to the original creator who made his own studio, YS Net.

That said, I agree that kickstarter =! indie. I also think indie is more subjective than people believe. I mean indie studio vs indie game is a legit point to ponder imo.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Real talk tho, if we can get Nintendo characters in PXZ, there's nothing stopping Atlus
I mean, Sega owns them now, doesn't it?
Yeah, Atlus is now a Sega subsidiary, but still publishes their own games and maintain the same identity as before.

Technically, they could put Atlus characters on PXZ2, but considering that Atlus maintains their old identity, I can see why they don't put their characters in the game as Sega representatives.

But who knows? PXZ2's full roster hasn't been revealed yet.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Yeah, Atlus is now a Sega subsidiary, but still publishes their own games and maintain the same identity as before.

Technically, they could put Atlus characters on PXZ2, but considering that Atlus maintains their old identity, I can see why they don't put their characters in the game as Sega representatives.

But who knows? PXZ2's full roster hasn't been revealed yet.
I'd love Atlus characters; one because they'd get an excuse to include Persona characters like a Tatsuya/Maya tag team, but we could also totally get Naoto as a solo unit. That, and we'd likely get some pretty cool enemies to fight.

My wishlist at this point for the game is pretty simple: Prometheus/Pandora tag unit or boss, Jet Set Radio content, perhaps more Nintendo characters, and perhaps some SMT content.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Passing by to say that right now you can get Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee for free in Steam, but I think the offer expires in less than 30 minutes
Grabbed it. Thx. I never played that game but I'll definitely try it out now.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Sega isn't making Shenmue 3, though.....they just gave the rights of making Shenmue 3 to the original creator who made his own studio, YS Net.

That said, I agree that kickstarter =! indie. I also think indie is more subjective than people believe. I mean indie studio vs indie game is a legit point to ponder imo.
Shenmue is still getting bank rolled by Sony though, and it's still a Sega property. The game didn't need Kickstarter for any reason beyond promotion and "gauging interest."

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Continuing with the Project X Zone 2 hype, I'll post which characters I'm still hoping appear
  • Frank West
  • Amaterasu
  • Gene
  • Bruno Delinger aka Bruce Willis
  • Neneko
  • Bravoman & Wonder Momo team
  • Taizo Hori & Toby Masuyo
  • Captain Falcon
If the majority of this happens, it'll be the perfect roster for me, but I'm still really excited of how the roster looks so far.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Continuing with the Project X Zone 2 hype, I'll post which characters I'm still hoping appear
  • Frank West
  • Amaterasu
  • Gene
  • Neneko
  • Captain Falcon
If the majority of this happens, it'll be the perfect roster for me, but I'm still really excited of how the roster looks so far.
Pair up Captain Falcon and Bruce Willis and these choices are fine with me.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I wonder if Takamaru could be a possibility
Depends on whether or not he gets a successful new game from the period between now and the next Smash which would naturally lead to increased demand world-wide as well as far more recognition.

For Smash 4? I don't believe it for a moment.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Depends on whether or not he gets a successful new game from the period between now and the next Smash which would naturally lead to increased demand world-wide as well as far more recognition.
I mean in Project X Zone 2. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Speaking of Nintendo characters in PXZ2, I don't think it's very realistic to expect more characters than the ones we've already got. They're treated as guest characters, after all.

At the very least, we'll see solo units for Xenoblade and Fire Emblem: Awakening. Perhaps, Shulk and Robin will fulfill those roles?

If we get one more series, I'm placing my bets on Kid Icarus: Uprising. As for why, let me explain. First, it fits on the general aesthetic of the game and the whole direction of picking humanoid anime-like or realistically proportioned characters with lots of dialogue, something which only a few of Nintendo's franchises fit. Second, it was released at around the same time as FEA and Xenoblade, so they have a similar appeal.

Other possibilities would be Golden Sun, F-Zero, The Last Story or Pandora's Tower. I'd put Pokémon as a possibility, but considering how TPC is protective over the IP and the niche that PXZ targets, I think it's not a realistic prediction.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Thanks. Sakurai's Fire Emblem bias confirmed! :troll:
Eh, Sakurai is a fan of Nintendo games in general, so doesn't that mean he's biased to everything Nintendo, guess that explains why Street Fighter and Sonic only have the obligatory tracks :troll:

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
  • Frank West
  • Amaterasu
  • Gene
  • Neneko
  • Captain Falcon
I'd like Bruno from Dynamite Cop back too.

Lou & Siva when.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Speaking of Nintendo characters in PXZ2, I don't think it's very realistic to expect more characters than the ones we've already got. They're treated as guest characters, after all.

At the very least, we'll see solo units for Xenoblade and Fire Emblem: Awakening. Perhaps, Shulk and Robin will fulfill those roles?

If we get one more series, I'm placing my bets on Kid Icarus: Uprising. As for why, let me explain. First, it fits on the general aesthetic of the game and the whole direction of picking humanoid anime-like or realistically proportioned characters with lots of dialogue, something which only a few of Nintendo's franchises fit. Second, it was released at around the same time as FEA and Xenoblade, so they have a similar appeal.

Other possibilities would be Golden Sun, F-Zero, The Last Story or Pandora's Tower. I'd put Pokémon as a possibility, but considering how TPC is protective over the IP and the niche that PXZ targets, I think it's not a realistic prediction.
I can actually see some major amiibo support with the game.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Frost, what do you think are the odds of us seeing a few more guest characters but from another company in Project X Zone 2? Just wondering....

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
When the company has a clear corporate structure, regular revenue, or multiple projects at the same time; they are no longer indie in my opinion.

That's an interesting question Spazzy_D Spazzy_D would love to see more discussions on it.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Frost, what do you think are the odds of us seeing a few more guest characters but from another company in Project X Zone 2? Just wondering....
I wouldn't deny the possibility.

However, I don't think it's too likely. It may happen, but it's not something to count on. We're already lucky to have the Nintendo guests in the first place.

Anything outside of Bandai Namco, Capcom and Sega should be treated in the same way as third-parties in Smash: don't expect a lot because otherwise, it would overshadow the main premise of the game.

I'm personally wishing to see Kid Icarus stuff in PXZ because the series fits in the game like a glove considering the characters being used and the general aesthetic and humor used, but I'm not expecting it to happen.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

However, I don't think it's too likely. It may happen, but it's not something to count on. We're already lucky to have the Nintendo guests in the first place.

Anything outside of Bandai Namco, Capcom and Sega should be treated in the same way as third-parties in Smash: don't expect a lot because otherwise, it would overshadow the main premise of the game.

I'm personally wishing to see Kid Icarus stuff in PXZ because the series fits in the game like a glove considering the characters being used and the general aesthetic and humor used, but I'm not expecting it to happen.
I see. Thank you for your input. ^^

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As far as X-Zone 2 characters I'd still like to see...it's mainly just Frank West returning, as far as realism is concerned.

I'm still erring on the side of caution about more Nintendo characters by only expecting what we already have, plus a Fire Emblem rival/boss to coincide with Metal Face. Though I'd be hyped as hell if Link (either solo or as a tag team with Zelda/Sheik) were in, since he's no stranger to crossovers. Highly doubt we'd get someone like Samus or Little Mac, in retrospect, considering they're far more popular in the West, and guest characters should at least have some popularity, I take it. Pit and Dark Pit as a duo is another possibility. Anything beyond that seems crazy unlikely to me.

I mean, Chrom was a great enough surprise as it is, and has my hype through the roof.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

I'm not an expert in Project x Zone, but isn't the point of PXZ is to be a huge crossover game, Nintendo characters being added wouldn't really break the premise. IMO

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm not an expert in Project x Zone, but isn't the point of PXZ is to be a huge crossover game, Nintendo characters being added wouldn't really break the premise. IMO
The premise of PXZ is being a crossover of Bandai Namco, Capcom and Sega franchises.

That hasn't changed. Chrom, Lucina and Fiora are treated as guest characters, i.e. no different from how Snake, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man and Ryu are treated in Smash Bros., primarily a Nintendo crossover.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I have a good feeling that a PXZ3 somewhere down the road may end up having Nintendo be the 4th more prominent company to crossover with.

But for now, yeah. Maybe a Solo Unit or two is all I have expectations for. Guests are guests.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
PXZ1 was meant to be a Japan-only release and it was due to massive fan demand that the game was brought outside.

Now, PXZ2 was revealed and immediately scheduled for a Western release as well. The roster seems to focus more on games released outside of Japan, or that have significant popularity in the West.

This proves one thing: exporting the game was beneficial to Bandai Namco. The game was successful enough in the West for them to do a sequel and announcing it for a Western release from the get go.

The Nintendo guests will help the game sell. FEA and Xenoblade have plenty of fans that probably wouldn't care about the game if it didn't have content from those games.

Considering that the development studio is Monolith Soft, a first-party Nintendo studio, and that Sega, Bandai Namco and Capcom are in good terms with Nintendo, also being involved with Smash Bros., it's possible that Nintendo may be more involved in future games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom