• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
That latest One Piece chapter man.

TFW you thought the roller-coaster was done, only for it to start up again 2 times as fast.
ROB MOTHERFLIPPING LUCCI.

Also the Usopp bounty is so funny. But Robin should be a bit higher IMO.

This Sanji thing is mysterious for sure.

And omg. The Barto Club ship is so funny. I'm so happy he's transporting Luffy.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

TFW you thought the roller-coaster was done, only for it to start up again 2 times as fast.
I just read it now.
I can't even find the words to describe it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remind me, following the music=deconfirmed theory, what stages from 64 could still be DLC?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

ROB MOTHERFLIPPING LUCCI.

Also the Usopp bounty is so funny. But Robin should be a bit higher IMO.

This Sanji thing is mysterious for sure.

And omg. The Barto Club ship is so funny. I'm so happy he's transporting Luffy.
I just read it now.
I can't even find the words to describe it.
I just read it.

Oh boy... Sanji plz.

Chrono.

You know, I just found out about the whole deal with Nikki finding the angry sun in the latest update (:079: :079: :079:) and what not and I wonder, does that mean the one leak that was posted here ages ago with the SMM DLC thing was right?
The one that said Wolf would be in the next update with Sector Z?

Ehh idk, the Angry Sun is an obvious choice for a hazard.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Zebes, Saffron, Sector Z and Metal Cavern (in my dreams).

Though I don't really buy into the theory.
Hmm... Sector z woul work with SFZero but Corneria is basically a superior remake of it. Ditto of Zebes.

Metal Cave becoming a selectable stage would be neat but Saffron seems the most likely. But we have been wrong in trying to apply logic before.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
The one that said Wolf would be in the next update with Sector Z?

Ehh idk, the Angry Sun is an obvious choice for a hazard.
Was it that one? I thought it was a different one tbh.

Also, just stumbled cross this analysis video for Star Fox Zero that showed a potential new snow level/Fichina (:079: again just in case).

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sector Z wouldn't be a bad addition. Sure, it has the same layout as Corneria, but it is much bigger in size.

Planet Zebes has a significantly different layout from Brinstar and Norfair, despite having the same acid/lava mechanic.

I think that Saffron City would be a better addition in regards to unique stage additions anyway, but the other two aren't bad additions, especially when Metroid and Star Fox are a bit lacking in stages on the 3DS version.

Chrono.

The only 64 stage I want back is Meta Crystal (with 64's FD song) but that's only happening in my wildest dreams.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I always kinda enjoyed Sector Z more than Corneria for some reason. Its probably the bigger layout as well as the Arwings didn't shoot around as often and as much I think....

I even remade it in Smash 4's stage builder.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would love to see Zoness in Smash Bros. It's my favorite Star Fox stage and has my favorite Star Fox music.

Listen to it! :136:

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still want Guile's Theme on Suzaku Castle. :c

Also, Sector Z doesn't have lasers on the side of the Great Fox. That's another difference between that and Corneria. The differences are barely there otherwise.

Brinstar is pretty similar to Planet Zebes, but they still have clearly different designs.

That said, I'd love to have Meta Crystal back. :awesome:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Whenever a reputable video game company such as Bandai Namco has pretty much all of their games based on manga and anime series be clearly low budget and don't have much quality as a game, you know those games are made to sell based on their brand name and for the purposes of milking a series for cheap profits.

Same happens in the West with games based on animated series and comics.

TV Tropes addresses this problem quite well: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheProblemWithLicensedGames

Chrono.

Whenever a reputable video game company such as Bandai Namco has pretty much all of their games based on manga and anime series be clearly low budget and don't have much quality as a game, you know those games are made to sell based on their brand name and for the purposes of milking a series for cheap profits.

Same happens in the West with games based on animated series and comics.

TV Tropes addresses this problem quite well: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheProblemWithLicensedGames
I think you may have posted this in the wrong thread. :p

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Are we talking Smash 64 stages?

Well, my three favorites (Dream Land, Peach's Castle, and Hyrule Castle) have already been added, so I can't really ask for much else.

If I had to choose one more, it would probably be Saffron City. Despite not being a big fan of Pokémon, I've always got an epic feeling fighting on top of skyscrapers. The only other time I remember this being a thing in Smash is Fourside in Melee, but I really don't like Melee.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think you may have posted this in the wrong thread. :p
This is a Social thread, silly. :p

And last I checked, there are licensed games on Nintendo consoles, so there. >:)

I still want Guile's Theme on Suzaku Castle. :c
It's a bit disappointing that Suzaku Castle only has 3 versions of Ryu's theme and 3 versions of Ken's theme. Each has a new remix, the original version and the CPS2 version.

Even if they didn't remix any songs besides those, they could have ported songs from several Street Fighter games. SF4, SF3 and the Alpha series have plenty of songs that could have been used.

Chrono.

They didn't even use the other Suzaku Castle theme.

Hopefully I can fix that with music mods later lol

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383

And last I checked, there are licensed games on Nintendo consoles, so there. >:)

In regards to Street Fighter music representation, I think it's because Sakurai's music crew wasn't as big and third-party music might be hard to get the rights to, so he just decided to add three variations of two tracks.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Just made my third Smash character themed Mario Maker stage, this one is my favourite yet!

It's called 'The Underworld Army Attacks'.

BFE3-0000-0068-8B5B

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
They didn't even use the other Suzaku Castle theme.

Hopefully I can fix that with music mods later lol
You mean Ryu's 3S theme (can't remember if SC was in NG or 2I)?

It's a bit disappointing that Suzaku Castle only has 3 versions of Ryu's theme and 3 versions of Ken's theme. Each has a new remix, the original version and the CPS2 version.

Even if they didn't remix any songs besides those, they could have ported songs from several Street Fighter games. SF4, SF3 and the Alpha series have plenty of songs that could have been used.
I'd assume it would be some sort of copyright issues, but having some additional tunes I would be for on my part.

Heck, gives us them full versions of SF5's character themes early, Charlies one would be great since his sounds pretty good from what little we can hear of it so far XD :p

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Just made my third Smash character themed Mario Maker stage, this one is my favourite yet!

It's called 'The Underworld Army Attacks'.

BFE3-0000-0068-8B5B
Dude, I have so many ideas for Smash character themed Mario Maker stages.

I just refuse to open my Amiibo and find 100-Mario Challenge to be tedious.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Sorry that I haven't been that active lately. I've been on a short vacation (Silver Week in Japan), and my "it's complicated" friend? (...It's complicated) is visiting me/crashing at my place while she tours around Japan. If you follow me on Twitter, I posted some things about Himeji Castle, and getting harassed by a racist old fart. I'm also organizing the 'prep days' at work, which is basically getting lessons ready for the next month.

Last week, I worked in overdrive so I could get things kind of ready for this short break (the Source Gaming Team and the other mods knew of my plans). I'm writing an article right now, so there will be at least 2 articles from me this week. I'm not dead...I'm just very, very busy. Special thanks to Spazzy_D Spazzy_D for helping get the last two articles out. Also to LIQUID12A LIQUID12A for writing/organizing most of that wonderful Ridley article.

I got back home super late last night, and went straight to work all day today. Right now, is actually the first time I got home + sat down for more than 10 minutes in 4 days....and it's already 10 PM.

I picked up a Japanese copy of Smash 64 (fully boxed of course). I'm going to look into doing a contest in the near future.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
*accident*

Would love to write another Metroid article, though I don't know what other topics there are to cover.

Last edited:

Chrono.

So 3 new characters were revealed for PxZ2
  • Ryo from Shenmue
  • Ingrid from Capcom Fighting Jam
  • Estellisse from Tales of Vesperia

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I understand the issue of limitations of the DLC team but having 3 songs for Ryu and 3 from Ken is kinda redundant especially the CPS2 versions.

Besides, I doubt Guile's Theme would have gotten in. I'm more upset Chun-Li's theme didn't get in. All they had to do was port the CPS1 version and call it a day. No remixes. Hell, I can make a better song lineup without all the hassle

Ryu's Theme (type A)
Ryu's Theme remix
Ken's theme (type A)
Chun-Li's theme (type A)
Volcanic Rim
Street Fighter 2 Medley (all the versions from Ryu to M. Bison)

• Ryo from Shenmue
Hey @ArcticWolf

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
*accident*

Would love to write another Metroid article, though I don't know what other topics there are to cover.
We already have the series rep article in outline form, so we should probably start with that one.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Stages? Without Phendrana there is no point writing though.
Covered those in my "Smash DLC and Metroid" article.

We already have the series rep article in outline form, so we should probably start with that one.
Oh yeah, that. I'll write up a very rough draft and post it to the same convo in a day's time.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
  • Ryo from Shenmue
That info was leaked and reported on Gematsu. PXZ2 has a Gematsu leak, too. :p

Estellisse seems to be a solo unit now, like how Vashyron and Leanne got their roles switched. It was kind of predictable, though.

@ArcticWolf will like Ingrid's inclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom