• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Ugh can we just talk about Avatar now? So many good things. Like Melon Lord Toph. One of my favorite characters ever. Plenty of character development for pretty much everyone. "The Beach" and Sokka the swordsman. Hell even the animals got development like in appa's lost days.

Also Tales of Ba Sing Se. All of it.
♪~Leaves from the Vine~♪
All. My. Respect. Period.

Toph was, and still is my favorite character of that show.
Am I the only one here whose favorite character was the great and all mighty Iroh?

And for Legend of Korra, the show was good for a sequel to the greatest thing ever with to much emphasis on love and negligence from Nick. That Varrick thought...

Also, M.Night Shaymalan want to do a sequel to an unexisting Avatar movie. This can only go wrong.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey guys do you like Lanky Kong? No? well screw it im posting it anyway:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Ugh can we just talk about Avatar now? So many good things. Like Melon Lord Toph. One of my favorite characters ever. Plenty of character development for pretty much everyone. "The Beach" and Sokka the swordsman. Hell even the animals got development like in appa's lost days.

Also Tales of Ba Sing Se. All of it.
♪~Leaves from the Vine~♪
All. My. Respect. Period.

Toph was, and still is my favorite character of that show.
Toph was legit my favorite character as well; Iroh was a close second. The last airbender was just so good. I saw and was driven to watch it. I only saw like three episodes of Korra and wasnt interested enough to keep up. I want to watch it eventually, but I'm not driven to see it.

Tales of Ba Sing Se will always be the best episode
The correct opinion
One of the best moments in Avatar, period.
another correct opinion.

Yeah the comics are after book 3. Toph has a school of metal bending which manages to make Toph even cooler. The other comic I dint finish because IT wasnt finished. And then the other one with Azula FINALLY says what happens to Zuko's mom which was great.

EDIT: The tree on the hilltop in Ba Sing Se is now another one of my backgrounds along with so many others including the avatar crew enjoying some tea.

EDIT2
Disney teaser yay

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Avatar was one of those cartoons that made me and my friends wake up early every day to watch it
I really want to rewatch it but I already have a large enough backlog
The correct opinion

another correct opinion.

Yeah the comics are after book 3. Toph has a school of metal bending which manages to make Toph even cooler. The other comic I dint finish because IT wasnt finished. And then the other one with Azula FINALLY says what happens to Zuko's mom which was great.

EDIT: The tree on the hilltop in Ba Sing Se is now another one of my backgrounds along with so many others including the avatar crew enjoying some tea.
WHAT HAPPENED TO HER?
Seriously, it was one of the greatest mysteries and I got pissednwhen they teased it at the finale
And then they poked fun at it on the first episode of Korra
I didn't even know there were comics
About 8 years of my life I have been teased about this, reveal me your secrets

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Maybe it's because I only saw the first few episodes of Korra, but I didn't think it was that bad.

Avatar was one of those cartoons that made me and my friends wake up early every day to watch it
I really want to rewatch it but I already have a large enough backlog

WHAT HAPPENED TO HER?
Seriously, it was one of the greatest mysteries and I got pissednwhen they teased it at the finale
And then they poked fun at it on the first episode of Korra
I didn't even know there were comics
About 8 years of my life I have been teased about this, reveal me your secrets
Do you want to read the comics or have a spoiler? Because Azula and Spirits are involved and the comics alone are pretty great but not overly long.
Maybe it's because I only saw the first few episodes of Korra, but I didn't think it was that bad.
1st season was pretty good. Maybe even the best. Sti;; had plenty of charm. Seaon 2 was a huge plunge into **** though and it was all downhill form there. Nick's horrible business practices didnt help.

Not so fun fact. . . Season 1 has a murder suicide. Yeah

Last edited:

Chrono.

Korra S1 was passable, S2 was a hot mess (Avatar Wan was great tho) 3 and 4 picked up the slack for the most part.

D

Deleted member

Do you want to read the comics or have a spoiler? Because Azula and Spirits are involved and the comics alone are pretty great but not overly long.
Gimme a link and I'll be back after I read it
This will be the point of my life where all of my childhood mysteries will finally be solved

Chrono.

I didnt even know they had a 4th season.
Because it only aired on Nick.com, Nickelodeon pulled the show off the air because the 3rd season had abysmal viewership (due to the episodes leaking waaay before they actually aired, Nick barely advertised it as well, so not a lot of people even knew that S3 was gonna happen)

Do you have any links to the comics or are they only a physical released thing?
Gimme a link and I'll be back after I read it
This will be the point of my life where all of my childhood mysteries will finally be solved
The search (Zuko's mom)
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/avatar_the_last_airbender_the_search/

The Promise (character development, sadness, and Toph)
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/avatar_the_last_airbender_the_promise/

The rift (I need to finish this one)
http://www.mymangaonline.com/manga-info/Avatar-The-Last-Airbender---The-Rift-.html

Can't find a good link for the sequel to "The Rift," (Which I just learned exists now. . .) smoke and shadows. good luck with that one.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The search (Zuko's mom)
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/avatar_the_last_airbender_the_search/

The Promise (character development, sadness, and Toph)
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/avatar_the_last_airbender_the_promise/

The rift (I need to finish this one)
http://www.mymangaonline.com/manga-info/Avatar-The-Last-Airbender---The-Rift-.html

Can't find a good link for the sequel to "The Rift," (Which I just learned exists now. . .) smoke and shadows. good luck with that one.
Thank you so much. Appreciated~.

Real Talk before I sleep. Go watch Avatar. It has pretty much everything

Lots of action. Lots of lovable characters (all of them). Lots of comedy. And even a bit of romance. The show is pretty much perfection other than maybe pacing for one or two points.

Hell the show even gives good life lessons. Iroh is a walking life lesson. and made of feels.

Chrono.

I'm laughing so hard

This is what the 200MB Mario Maker patch had
EDIT: well sprite-wise at least... dang I need sleep

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm laughing so hard

Wow. All that JUST to change a sprite mistake.

And of course, just as we talk about Avatar, I find these.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

1st season was pretty good. Maybe even the best. Sti;; had plenty of charm. Seaon 2 was a huge plunge into **** though and it was all downhill form there. Nick's horrible business practices didnt help.

Not so fun fact. . . Season 1 has a murder suicide. Yeah
I thought that once the 2nd season got to Wan's story it got a lot better from there on, but yeah, the 1st half of season 2 wasn't so great, still didn't think it was that bad though. Unfortunately them thinking there would only one season kind of ****ed them up. Oh, and Nickelodeon being stupid.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm laughing so hard

You don't understand, those sprites are like 1500 dpi in resolution!

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'm laughing so hard

"Enhancing gameplay experience"

In what way Nintendo

I thought that once the 2nd season got to Wan's story it got a lot better from there on, but yeah, the 1st half of season 2 wasn't so great, still didn't think it was that bad though. Unfortunately them thinking there would only one season kind of ****ed them up. Oh, and Nickelodeon being stupid.
There were definitely some good parts of Season 2. Wan and the final boss were pretty amazing . The problem is that there was so much focus on the love rectangle (i'm stealing this) that all the good part was taken out. Although Bolin's love line with the twin was pretty fun.

(although retconning out that bending was learned from sky bisons, dragons, badgermoles, and the moon still pisses me off really hard)

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Korra S1 was passable, S2 was a hot mess (Avatar Wan was great tho) 3 and 4 picked up the slack for the most part.
Season one was a solid start. Loved the mystery of Amon.
Season two was executed poorly, but a great story was somewhere in there.
Season three was as solid as season one. Maybe as good, as it had one of the best villains in the series.
Season four was the opposite of two, as it had a poor plot, but it was executed well.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You people realize, it's the only change sprite wise....

Not everything.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm laughing so hard

>222 MB
>sprite fix

WELL WHAT WERE THE OTHER 221 MB FOR YOU GUYS

D

Deleted member

There were definitely some good parts of Season 2. Wan and the final boss were pretty amazing . The problem is that there was so much focus on the love rectangle (i'm stealing this) that all the good part was taken out. Although Bolin's love line with the twin was pretty fun.

(although retconning out that bending was learned from sky bisons, dragons, badgermoles, and the moon still pisses me off really hard)
Was there an origin given to bending in the original though?

Khoru

Smash Champion
wat
seasons 3 and 4 were fantastic
better than a lot of atla even

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Eh, not a fan of Kawaii Katara and Sexy Toph.....but that Azula.....rawr [gets electrocuted]

Can't say I'm shocked...
The eighteen first minute from this is revelant to what you said (it's also funny)

But yeah, this Azula is the best out of those three.

D

Deleted member

So I got Rivals of Aether, and oh boy is it fun. Any of you here get it yet?

wat
seasons 3 and 4 were fantastic
I just realized I typed downhill instead of uphill :upsidedown:
It's past midnight i'm tired ok? Nick did royally **** the series though. . .
Was there an origin given to bending in the original though?
There were vague mentions saying that humans learned bending from nature although i'm not 100% sure they specified dragons or sky bison. I'm almost certain it was said hat humans learned waterbending and earthbending from the moon and badgermoels respectively though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom