• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Not everyone can tell the difference in the voices actually haha. The VA is so bad in the real ones that I started wondering, until I noticed the grammatical errors. It was pretty damn good.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I posted such thoughts in the Dixie thread and got ravaged by K. Rool fans in both threads, so I would suggest you don't. I don't want to generalize all K. Rool fans, but last I checked it was like the Ridley thread a year ago.
Just like you guys with Shovel Knight or Rpy before he wa confirmed.

Don't act so high and mighty.

Chrono.

I don't think DLC should be judged the same way as when the game was being in development, as the dev team for it is smaller and DLC will limited in content.

In this case it just wouldn't make a lot of sense to make one character a Mii Costume then go right around making him a full character.

On the other end, a lot of people saw Chrom, Rool and Lloyd get Mii'd and immediately thought the costumes were ballot influenced because of they were characters that got thrown around a lot, but the SMM DLC stage being one of the free stage slots found months ago leads me to believe that maybe all the DLC so far was pre-planned.

So yeah, I don't quite think Rool or the Inklings are out of the game just yet, but we don't know how the ballot will be handled because it's just that vague.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I personally think the costume os a consolation prize and there deconfirmed i could be wrong and personally hope so but im not expecting the king any time soon

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I never mentioned Meta Knight, because he's from the final copy and comes with the game. Huh, I guess that was a controdiction, but It still could be reminiscent of X Parasite.
Would you stop with the X-Parasite thing? If it were meant to be the X-Parasite, it would say X-Parasite costume. But it doesn't. It's a Samus costume.

And it's even better that it's pre-DLC. They obviously decided beforehand that, "hey, you know what? Let's add in a Meta Knight costume in addition to Meta Knight." That right there basically shows that Mii costumes are meaningless as far as character chances go.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Says it was fan-made right in the description, shows the voice actors.

Really helps to check that at times.
Man the amount of people who don't check descriptions can be frustrating, I lost count of how many times on my videos people asked basic questions or accused something that was blatantly covered in the description.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I personally can't really see them selling a character as both a costume and as a playable character on their own....

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind seeing them be playable after all. But I just don't want to get my hopes up is all....

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Would you stop with the X-Parasite thing? If it were meant to be the X-Parasite, it would say X-Parasite costume. But it doesn't. It's a Samus costume.

And it's even better that it's pre-DLC. They obviously decided beforehand that, "hey, you know what? Let's add in a Meta Knight costume in addition to Meta Knight." That right there basically shows that Mii costumes are meaningless as far as character chances go.
I'll stop with X Parasite, as for Meta Knight, it's not like it's full armour, it's just a helmet. Meta Knight's helmet. I can see Waluigi overalls being added through DLC, and I think Issac will have a Mii Costume at one point (and I'm not the only one).

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord

Uh...what are you talking about? And are you always this confrontational? Regardless of anything else, I don't see how I was being "high and mighty" by sharing my experience and suggesting someone not go tell fans of a character that their character's chances are looking grim.

Chrono.

Meta Knight only got a hat, not an outfit.

Plus the entire Smash 4 roster was decided back in 2012, I dont think they knew which costumes to give Miis that early.

But on the same end of things, we have no idea of finding out so your guess is as good as mine.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll stop with X Parasite, as for Meta Knight, it's not like it's full armour, it's just a helmet. Meta Knight's helmet. I can see Waluigi overalls being added through DLC, and I think Issac will have a Mii Costume at one point (and I'm not the only one).
Meta Knight only got a hat, not an outfit.

Plus the entire Smash 4 roster was decided back in 2012, I dont think they knew which costumes to give Miis that early.

But on the same end of things, we have no idea of finding out so your guess is as good as mine.
It's not just the mask. It includes the actual blue body as well, behind the mask. The blue is his body.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I personally can't really see them selling a character as both a costume and as a playable character on their own.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind seeing them be playable after all. But I just don't want to get my hopes up is all....
Nice avatar , C.V.

:)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It's not just the mask. It includes the actual blue body as well, behind the mask. The blue is his body.
I'm pretty sure his body is a darker shade of blue. Also it would still feel incomplete, as he doesn't use Galaxia.

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Furthermore, my point in replying to them was this:

They came out and said that they do not comment on rumours and speculation. There's nothing wrong with that. However, in the past, they have happily shot down rumours, which contradicts their statement. By my hypothesis, they DO comment on rumours and speculation - but seemingly only when they're not true.

Examples:

When they shot down the mislisting of Shovel Knight:
They shot down a rumour about Shovel Knight being free on PS+:
They're not coming out and explicitly denying this Shovel Knight in Smash rumour. They're just dancing around the question and that, I think, could possibly mean something:
Not only that, but they're resorting to stock responses, both this one and the last one was met with these response, just a different music suggestion.

Chrono.

Even then, the game refers to it as a mask and it's just headgear.

There's no real other way around this.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm pretty sure his body is a darker shade of blue. Also it would still feel

incomplete, as he doesn't use Galaxia.
Just like K. Rool or the Inklings would feel incomplete since they can't use their actual weapons? And either way, it's still "more than the mask." Shade doesn't matter.
Even then, the game refers to it as a mask and it's just headgear.

There's no real other way around this.
For one, a full on costume for Meta Knight wouldn't make sense given his body shape. Other than that, you're missing my point, which was that the whole "it's just their clothing and not their actual bodies" is absolutely wrong.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
People who think the Mii costumes are what kills potential new characters are looking at it all wrong.
The Mii costumes being made as consolation because they couldn't include them for some other reason preemptively is much more likely.
For example, maybe Sakurai passed on Inklings because he didn't see the Ink mechanic being feasible on Smash 3DS, or maybe King K. Rool is being saved for the next game or something.

EDIT: I should probably mention that if the costume hurts their chances at ALL (I don't think so) this is probably why. It's not the costumes' existence in and of itself.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord

I don't think anyone here is sure on Shovel Knight (most people seem to doubt it). It's just that the rumor hasn't been debunked and is worth entertaining a little bit.

D

Deleted member

I don't think characters like Inklings and kK. Rool have a chance but all I see here is extreme straw grasping
"But there are other Links"
"Muh X-Parasite"

They are supposed to reference the character NOT to be the character
The Miis are simply cosplaying as the respective character and could theorically coexist with the actual character

The reason I don't think characters with Mii Costumes are getting playable treatment is simply because it's clear Sakurai is using Mii Costumes as a consolation prize

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Just like K. Rool or the Inklings would feel incomplete since they can't use their actual weapons? And either way, it's still "more than the mask." Shade doesn't matter.

For one, a full on costume for Meta Knight wouldn't make sense given his body shape. Other than that, you're missing my point, which was that the whole "it's just their clothing and not their actual bodies" is absolutely wrong.
K. Rool has no weapons and has all his iconic gear, and Inklings have their Splattershots along with their iconic gear. A full on costume for Meta Knight wouldn't work, but It's just a helmet. There's literally no way you can get out of this. So I'll just say, it's okay, I'm happy these characters are getting proper representation.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
K. Rool has no weapons
Well that just shows how much you know about K. Rool, considering his lack of Heli-pack, Blunderbuss, or crown-throwing...

and Inklings have their Splattershots along with their iconic gear.
They don't shoot ink. They don't turn into squids. No rollers, chargers, or secondary weapons. No kraken or ink jump. Hell, the Splattershot isn't even really a splattershot if it doesn't shoot ink.

A full on costume for Meta Knight wouldn't work, but It's just a helmet. There's literally no way you can get out of this. So I'll just say, it's okay.
Did you even read my last post? You liked it, so I assume so. You missed the point entirely.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I don't think anyone here is sure on Shovel Knight (most people seem to doubt it). It's just that the rumor hasn't been debunked and is worth entertaining a little bit.
*rises hand* More so indies getting content as a whole but i'm sure on the knight of shovelery being in

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Hey guys I have another leak but instead it isn't Smash related though.

It does relate to a Smash fighter :4ryu:
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/310885383/early-street-fighter-v-brazil-game-show-info-more

So, I managed to get in contact with a person that's currently working in Brazil for the Brazil Game Show that starts in 2 weeks, and that has had time with Street Fighter V and got to talk with some Capcom officials about future plans (he wasn't the only one asking though)

>Laura
He didn't want to talk specifics about her, but he told that Laura will be an instant Street Fighter classic and she'll be the new Cammy in terms of storyline (I'm guessing brainwashed by the villain?). I prodded some more and got that she fights using Capoeira, in the same way Juri uses TKD.

>Zen
My contact didn't say much because he's not going to be revealed in Brasil, but he knows that Zen is from India and that he is in fact connected to Dhalsim. I'm guessing protege?

>Alex and Urien
Alex will be revealed in the same weekend as Laura in NYCC since Ono will leave BGS a day after her reveal to attend the NYCC panel. There will also be a story tease in said panel and hint at Urien for Capcom Cup. He didn't see the actual teaser, but from what was talked about the story mode will be based on how MK9/X handled it, with FMVs that cut into matches and possibly even DLC character making NPC appearances, like with Rain and Tanya in MKX.

>Modes
Survival Mode was already acidentally leaked in the Capcom Fighters Network. It's Score Attack mode from ASW games, but with randomized stat changes for the opponents. Stuff like more health, quicker Punch or Kick attacks, faster recovery. It's an experiment to see how people react to it and to see if there's demand for a fun PvP option with this. Basically gems but in no way integral to anything, and might be buyable with FM as well as Zenny.

Now for the interesting bit.

>DLC plans
Currently, Capcom is experimenting with 7$ per character with "season pack" bundle options a la MKX with 4 per pack. No word yet on the Fight Money costs per character though. Capcom will also sell color options (for a Color Edit mode) and UI customization options but these can be bought with Fight Money in addition to Zenny/real cash. The only thing that will require said Zenny/actual money only is alternate costumes.

As for the DLC characters, Capcom is already working on preproduction/concept design for them. The tentative "first season" cast is Akuma, Guile, Juri and Sakura. It's in no way final (since none of these characters are done) but I think it's safe to assume that Akuma will be the first to be released.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well that just shows how much you know about K. Rool, considering his lack of Heli-pack, Blunderbuss, or crown-throwing...

They don't shoot ink. They don't turn into squids. No rollers, chargers, or secondary weapons. No kraken or ink jump. Hell, the Splattershot isn't even really a splattershot if it doesn't shoot ink.

Did you even read my last post? You liked it, so I assume so. You missed the point entirely.
...Coming from the appearance he's based on. Don't worry I know about these things. His appearance is based off of the first D.K. he didn't have any weapons in that game besides his crown and Canon balls, in fact they're a custom move for Mii fighters, so he still has that. As for the Inklings, okay yes It's a bit jarring seeing them not shoot ink, but still, they have the guns and the ink pack, and There are items in Smash that can hold as a substitute for these items. And in Splatoon you only have one weapon, so It's not too far off in that case. And I wasn't missing your point, no need to get annoyed.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Last edited:

Chrono.

Capcom has been kinda hinting at a Story mode for awhile and Ken Bogard did mention SFV was gonna have a bigger focus on the plot in his leak.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Oh no LOL stickers ,memes,before nintendo characters true gaming icons,one more reason to me see facebook burn on the depths of the core of the planet earth.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
...Coming from the appearance he's based on. Don't worry I know about these things. His appearance is based off of the first D.K. he didn't have any weapons in that game besides his crown and Canon balls, in fact they're a custom move for Mii fighters, so he still has that. As for the Inklings, okay yes It's a bit jarring seeing them not shoot ink, but still, they have the guns and the ink pack, and There are items in Smash that can hold as a substitute for these items. And in Splatoon you only have one weapon, so It's not too far off in that case. And I wasn't missing your point, no need to get annoyed.
Neither cannonballs nor the crown are Mii custom moves. Unless you're talking about the shotput, but that's something completely different. So no, he doesn't have his iconic weapons, even when only taking the King persona into account.

Using a substitute for the ink really doesn't count, considering to my knowledge there really isn't a substitute. It's their weapon in-name-only, considering it doesn't even do what it's supposed to. So no, the costumes are not full-on replacements for the actual characters. You wouldn't be buying the same character twice. You'd be buying them once, and a costume once.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
*rises hand* More so indies getting content as a whole but i'm sure on the knight of shovelery being in
There's reason to consider the rumor since this source has leaked things in the past, but even Tamaki isn't fully confident in it. It's best to just wait and see.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
It's far too early to call the Miis a consolation prize. All that we know the Mii Outfits are is an indicator the staff is aware of the popularity of the character the Mii outfit represents. The polls are still open, and even if, and that's a big if, Sakurai decided to include K.Rool, Inklings, whomever as a Mii specifically because he didn't want to include them as full fighters, his opinion could be easily swayed by the support a character receives. Remember, he is rather infamous for deciding against characters, then later on, changing his mind.

I personally look at the Mii outfits as a direct acknowledgement that fans want to play as the given character. It's our first real indicator that Sakurai and company hear what we're saying.

As a die hard Dixie-before-K.Rool fan, I look at the K.Rool mii and think, damn, he really is gonna win this fight.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Neither cannonballs nor the crown are Mii custom moves. Unless you're talking about the shotput, but that's something completely different. So no, he doesn't have his iconic weapons, even when only taking the King persona into account.

Using a substitute for the ink really doesn't count, considering to my knowledge there really isn't a substitute. It's their weapon in-name-only, considering it doesn't even do what it's supposed to. So no, the costumes are not full-on replacements for the actual characters. You wouldn't be buying the same character twice. You'd be buying them once, and a costume once.
I meant he still has the crown, not that He throws it. Also, there isn't really a substitute for the Inkling's weapons in name is there. I just don't see them happening, if they were included, don't you think we'd get the characters first? (Do not bring up Meta Knight, that costume comes with the game)

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Sounds pretty good. I like the idea behind story mode. Hoping it's true, though it probably isn't.

Edit:

Wait, he says that DLC characters will be $7 each.

I know I can play to get them for free but what the hell.
Meanwhile Katsuhiro Harada has doubled down on what he said for Tekken Tag 2. All the dlc characters for Tekken 7 will be free.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom