• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I honestly don't get the whole "K. Rool is screwed" thing. Like, I agree he's likely not PRE-ballot, but he's honestly one of the single most likely in my opinion to get in post-ballot.

I think Mii costumes mean literally nothing. It's not like Samus, Link, and Meta Knight's odds were. Hell, I think K. Rool and the Inkling are some of the most likely newcomers period.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I honestly don't get the whole "I know exactly what goes on in the development team's head, so clearly this obviously means so and so does or does not have a chance" thing.

A lot of arguests make sense but we will never know for sure until this DLC is completely done.

:cool:

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I honestly don't get the whole "K. Rool is screwed" thing. Like, I agree he's likely not PRE-ballot, but he's honestly one of the single most likely in my opinion to get in post-ballot.

I think Mii costumes mean literally nothing. It's not like Samus, Link, and Meta Knight's odds were. Hell, I think K. Rool and the Inkling are some of the most likely newcomers period.
I'm sorry to say this, but It's like getting two K. Rools as DLC. (And two Inklings)

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
LOL, GEDDIT? BECAUSE PLUMBERS FIX LEAKS!

I think this joke is more overused than Photoshopped Little Mac, to be honest.
I was meaning to write that in small text and cross it out like I usually do for these type things but I suppose I'm still strying to get the hang of the new layout and all.... :/

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I honestly don't get the whole "K. Rool is screwed" thing.
It's just a lack of precedent and I've said it before.

If any character we've seen become a Mii costume without having a prior role(Dunban and Chrom have roles outside of Mii costumes) becomes playable as their own thing, then that argument flies out the window.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I say a character's fate, pre-ballot, is never final until the results of the ballot are revealed.

WE are deciding a character's fate. We sat through 51 pre-DLC characters and 4(?) pre-ballot DLC characters that Sakurai chose so Sakurai can't have too much bias on our choices.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's just a lack of precedent and I've said it before.

If any character we've seen become a Mii costume without having a prior role(Dunban and Chrom have roles outside of Mii costumes) becomes playable as their own thing, then that argument flies out the window.
But on the flipside, a lack of precedence shouldn't dictate anything either way, especially since it's not something that affects gameplay either, a la bosses, attacks, and Assist Trophies/Poke Balls.

I'm sorry to say this, but It's like getting two K. Rools as DLC. (And two Inklings)
That's completely wrong: it'd be getting them once, plus a costume. Or do you think the Link costume was paying for yet another Link?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
But on the flipside, a lack of precedence shouldn't dictate anything either way, especially since it's not something that affects gameplay either, a la bosses, attacks, and Assist Trophies/Poke Balls.
It's true, but the lack of it is what's putting off people. And besides, you can't exactly convince everyone of the bold part.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

That's completely wrong: it'd be getting them once, plus a costume. Or do you think the Link costume was paying for yet another Link?
Actually, yes, there are multiple incarnations of the hero, and I named my Samus Mii "X Parasite"

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I could tell the video was fake from the first second I heard Pit's voice.

Also, "To control it's incredible power." It should be "its". /grammar police

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Quick question guys is this real or fake?
Edit: I've never heard of these guidances before.
As far as I know, none of these play in game, or even have data for them. They are quite interesting, the dialogue is good and clever, but it also seems out of character for them at parts. The voices sound off a little as well, but that could just be me. Hades though... I want to believe this will somehow happen, but I don't know.... If fake, it's done well, if real, how did they get their hands on it? But it has to be fake....

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
See? They mean nothing then. Especially factoring in Meta Knight's.
No, I mean that you're paying for another incarnation of the heros, and anyone can wear Samus Armor, like the X Parasite from Metroid Fusion.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Yes, everyone, yes. Keep saying K. Rool as a chance even with the Mii Fighter costume.
Any hope I can get for him and the Inklings keep me fueled

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I knew the Guidances were fan made due to Pit having a way deeper voice than what Anthony Del Rio gave him.

It's like he's giving him an older voice. Palutena sounds pretty close and fair

No, I mean that you're paying for another incarnation of the heros, and anyone can wear Samus Armor, like the X Parasite from Metroid Fusion.
Considering you can wear Mario and Luigi's hat, Peach and Zelda's hair & crown and Captain Falcon's helmet. It really doesn't mean anything. Costume=/=Character in ALL cases.

Remember that whole no two Roys :4feroy::4roy:?
That means jack & all

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I knew the Guidances were fan made due to Pit having a way deeper voice than what Anthony Del Rio gave him.

It's like he's giving him an older voice. Palutena sounds pretty close and fair

Considering you can wear Mario and Luigi's hat, Peach and Zelda's hair & crown and Captain Falcon's helmet. It really doesn't mean anything. Costume=/=Character in ALL cases.

Remember that whole no two Roys :4feroy::4roy:?
That means jack & all
There is a difference, one is the final copy, and the other is payed-for post-game content.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That is a gigantic case of straw grasping. Because by that logic, anyone can wear a K. Rool costume, because it's just that: a costume. You can't pick and choose for your argument. You've also neglected to say anything about Meta Knight.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I've been meaning to tell the K. Rool thread about what I think his chances are, but I don't have the guts to do it, could someone help motivate me?
I posted such thoughts in the Dixie thread and got ravaged by K. Rool fans in both threads, so I would suggest you don't. I don't want to generalize all K. Rool fans, but last I checked it was like the Ridley thread a year ago.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i made something :')
this can easily be game of the year but it will never happen.
WARNING a huge image!!!
i know this is the worst name choice but i couldnt come up with a better name.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
That is a gigantic case of straw grasping. Because by that logic, anyone can wear a K. Rool costume, because it's just that: a costume. You can't pick and choose for your argument. You've also neglected to say anything about Meta Knight.
I never mentioned Meta Knight, because he's from the final copy and comes with the game. Huh, I guess that was a controdiction, but It still could be reminiscent of X Parasite.

We have never ever had a case of mii costumes in the past. Saying for a fact either whether or not it is a deconfirmation is foolish. We have no idea what it means.

That doesn't mean you can't have an opinion but stating either as a fact will only bite you in the end. Specifically going after either fanbase would be even worse.

Personally I think they are a negative factor

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom