• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
People take the word "argument" way too literally.

Can't have a generous speculative discussion with the word existing. Like I don't understand. Do all of you like arguing this much?
Speculative discussion doesn't have to be at all heated.

When the asterisks come out? It's gotten heated.

Last edited:

Soul.

Speculative discussion doesn't have to beat heated.

It really doesn't have to be heated, that is very much true.

But of all the speculative threads I've been to, they always resort to arguments. Maybe people take speculation way too seriously but I can't blame them if they like it.
There's a soul inside all of us who like to argue and try to win the debate. :Y
There can be a debate so long as it isn't harsh.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Speculative discussion doesn't have to beat heated.

Well, there's really only been one case of that out of this whole thing, before it was rather tame compared to many, many other "arguments" in here a while back. Either way, I do get where you're coming from.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well, there's really only been one case of that out of this whole thing, before it was rather tame compared to many, many other "arguments" in here a while back. Either way, I do get where you're coming from.
Hell, I'm probably a little hypocritical as I have been guilty of it in the past, but it's just kind of gross and tacky at this point that we can discuss important social issues in peace, but the moment we discuss something silly we all turn into curse spewing, name calling monsters.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
You know, "argument" can simply refer to discussion involving differing points of view, or a process of reasoning.

Same with "debate". It doesn't necessarily have a negative connotation.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm saying that if it were really an issue, they'd have just not ported them over. But because they did port them over, they obviously don't see a big deal with having costumes of playable characters.

You paid for the costumes, not the trophy. Costume cost as much as any other costume, so yes, the trophy was free. And why does the "hasn't appeared" thing matter when the ballot is decided based on popularity?
Okay, we're done with this arguement because of the controdiction. You clearly can't hold your claims anymore, so I think it's over.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh, hi guys how is everyone doing....

Oh....arguments....

I see someone else saw scream queens last night! It was pretty good for a premiere, cheesy at times and reminded me of Scary movie but it was good. It was funny, set up a good plot, and was carried out well enough imo. It should be a good show. Best part was Ariana Grande's death.

Soul.

When people argue speculatively I think of it as "my energy has been wasted into typing something to defend a fictional video game character's status on whether he, she, or it should be in Smash Bros. or not, therefore I can feel the heat of speculative debates."

With that being said, I'll be dropping this

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Huh...
It seems as if the Shovel Knight retail game was delayed.
This might be a little extreme, but what if they plan on releasing it physically (published by Nintendo) in Japan alongside the rest of the world? It would be a neat marketing strategy. Just release everything at once (including the Amiibo) and lay all their cards down.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay, we're done with this arguement because of the controdiction. You clearly can't hold your claims anymore, so I think it's over.
Learn to spell and have some etiquette.

Saying you can't hold your claims anymore and insisting that it's over is how YOU lose debates.

Dude,what's your beef?

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
You know, "argument" can simply refer to discussion involving differing points of view, or a process of reasoning.

Same with "debate". It doesn't necessarily have a negative connotation.
Yeah, but it's most commonly associated with anger and/or negativity. The same way someone could say they were "excited" and mean they were angry. Sure, technically that would be correct (one can "excite" anger or any other emotion), but it's not commonly used in that manner.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Digging up an old post of mine since I hate when people say the costume "deconfirms" K Rool and the Inklings.

People who "deconfirm" characters based on a costume CLEARLY have not learned ANYTHING. As a community, we are the WORST because we always make up assumptions that characters are automatically deconfirmed.

-Mewtwo and Lucas DECONFIRMED because they have trophies in the game. Clearly a character can't be DLC if they have a trophy in the game.

-Lucas and Wolf DECONFIRMED because Ness and Fox took their specials and used them as customs.

-Toon Link DECONFIRMED because you can't have a fighter in the background of the stage at the same time.

-Villager DECONFIRMED because the villagers appear in Smashville.

-Villager DECONFIRMED because Sakurai said Smash is too violent for the series.
-Duck Hunt DECONFIRMED because dogs are not plausible to fight

-Ness DECONFIRMED because Sakurai said "Up unitl now"

-R.O.B. DECONFIRMED because hes already an enemy in SSE. You can't have a fighter and an enemy at the same time.

-All Clones DECONFIRMED because clearly Sakurai wants to get rid of them this time around.

-Little Mac DECONFIRMED because Villagers uses boxing gloves.

-Little Mac DECONFIRMED because the Boxing Ring reveal is generic and not Punch Out Themed.

-Lucario and Ike DECONFIRMED because Sakurai cut Mewtwo and Roy last time, meaning Pokemon and Fire Emblem are "flavor of the month series"

-Roy DECONFIRMED because we already have another Roy in the game, and characters can't share the same name.

-Ryu DECONFIRMED because Sakurai said no fighting game characters.

-Wario DECONFIRMED because Mario always has Wario colors.

-Roy DECONFIRMED because Marth has Roy's colors. DLC can't happen if another character has their colors.

-Mewtwo, Roy and Dr Mario DECONFIRMED because they were already cut once, and characters cant come back.

-Dark Pit DECONFIRMED because he didn't have a newcomer banner at the end of his trailer.

-Bowser Jr DECONFIRMED because a series can't get two new unique reps. Mario series has too many reps

-Rosalina DECONFIRMED because she'd just be a clone of Peach.

-Palutena DECONFIRMED because a statue of her is on her stage.

-Robin DECONFIRMED because only the main characters are playable.

-Miis DECONFIRMED because they are already avatars in online menus.

-Ryu DECONFIRMED because a third party company can't get two reps.

-Wolf and ROY DECONFIRMED because you can't have three characters based around a similar moveset.

-Palutena DECONFIRMED because she was part of Pits Final Smash, and you can't change final smashes

-Little Mac and Charizard DECONFIRMED because they were assist characters and thus they weren't important enough, and characters can't be promoted.

-New Fire Emblem characters DECONFIRMED because the series only warrants two reps.

-Ice Climbers CONFIRMED because characters that appear at least twice are a lock forever.

-Rayman CONFIRMED because third party characters can't have trophies in the game without being playable.

-Sceptile CONFIRMED because Sakurai replaced Squirtle with another water starter, so clearly he is replacing Ivysaur with another grass starter.

-Villager and Tom Nook CONFIRMED because their stage has a logo. Dixie Kong CONFIRMED because she almost made it last time.

-Krystal CONFIRMED because her voice actress confirmed work on the game.

Original 12 CONFIRMED forever, since clearly they are prioritized and can never almost get the axe.

Isaac CONFIRMED because he was clearly cut as a trophy so he can be playable.

"Question: In “Subspace Emissary, why weren’t Wolf or Jigglypuff involved with the story?

Sakurai: Toon Link is also included in this, but these three characters were really on the brink of being cut."

-Shulk leak is FAKE because he clearly photoshopped Little Mac

-Shulk leak is FAKE because that blurry image looks like it says DISABLAD

-Roster leak is FAKE because Wario is missing his pupil

-Roster leak is FAKE because Bowser Jr is in a clown car, and clearly characters can't fight in vehicles.

Literally all of you who deconfirm a character because of a costume have learned NOTHING.

As it stands, characters can be fighters and have mii costumes at the same time. If you think a character is instantly out the race because a costume appeared TWO MONTHS before the ballot is even over, you seriously have no grasp on the situation. The costumes are released in waves, meaning they are preplanned and not made over night. Costumes like these were in plannings well before they were released, even well before the ballot started. If we get a character from the ballot, it could be several months before they EVEN DECIDE who is worthy....and even then, it will be MANY MONTHS after that until we see the character released.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Meanwhile Sakurai is in his office thinking, "Oh wow, I hope everybody is happy with the new Super Smash Bros character!"

I don't think he really considers the wider consequences of what he does, he just tries to make people happy.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Anything worthy of mention happened here while I was gone? Been playing a bit too much Xenoblade, methinks.

I'm already on Mechonis. That battle theme song is always hype. First time I heard it was in Smash 3DS as a song for Smash Run. It could be any game's battle theme for all I care. It's that amazing and never gets old.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
No. . .no there are definitely people, many people, who think mii costumes are newcomers killers. Especially back when the inkling one was revealed.

They have no information to prove it but they believe it for sure.
It's not a proper argument without nitpicking, right?

Of course there are *people* who think Mii costumes are 100% disconfirmation. But the comment I was responding to was referencing here as far as I could tell, and so was I, and I don't believe anyone here believes these are 100%. But hey, if you're there, feel free to come out and prove me wrong.

Even so, no one who thinks rationally believes Mii costumes are 100%. Official word is 100%.

Digging up an old post of mine since I hate when people say the costume "deconfirms" K Rool and the Inklings.

People who "deconfirm" characters based on a costume CLEARLY have not learned ANYTHING. As a community, we are the WORST because we always make up assumptions that characters are automatically deconfirmed.

-Mewtwo and Lucas DECONFIRMED because they have trophies in the game. Clearly a character can't be DLC if they have a trophy in the game.

-Lucas and Wolf DECONFIRMED because Ness and Fox took their specials and used them as customs.

-Toon Link DECONFIRMED because you can't have a fighter in the background of the stage at the same time.

-R.O.B. DECONFIRMED because hes already an enemy in SSE. You can't have a fighter and an enemy at the same time.

-All Clones DECONFIRMED because clearly Sakurai wants to get rid of them this time around.

-Little Mac DECONFIRMED because the Boxing Ring reveal is generic and not Punch Out Themed.

-Lucario and Ike DECONFIRMED because Sakurai cut Mewtwo and Roy last time, meaning Pokemon and Fire Emblem are "flavor of the month series"

-Roy DECONFIRMED because we already have another Roy in the game, and characters can't share the same name.

-Roy DECONFIRMED because Marth has Roy's colors. DLC can't happen if another character has their colors.

-Mewtwo, Roy and Dr Mario DECONFIRMED because they were already cut once, and characters cant come back.

-Dark Pit DECONFIRMED because he didn't have a newcomer banner at the end of his trailer.

-Bowser Jr DECONFIRMED because a series can't get two new unique reps. Mario series has too many reps

-Wolf and ROY DECONFIRMED because you can't have three characters based around a similar moveset.

-Palutena DECONFIRMED because she was part of Pits Final Smash, and you can't change final smashes

-Little Mac and Charizard DECONFIRMED because they were assist characters and thus they weren't important enough, and characters can't be promoted.

-New Fire Emblem characters DECONFIRMED because the series only warrants two reps.

-Ice Climbers CONFIRMED because characters that appear at least twice are a lock forever.

-Rayman CONFIRMED because third party characters can't have trophies in the game without being playable.

-Sceptile CONFIRMED because Sakurai replaced Squirtle with another water starter, so clearly he is replacing Ivysaur with another grass starter.

-Villager and Tom Nook CONFIRMED because their stage has a logo. Dixie Kong CONFIRMED because she almost made it last time.

Original 12 CONFIRMED forever, since clearly they are prioritized and can never almost get the axe.

"Question: In “Subspace Emissary, why weren’t Wolf or Jigglypuff involved with the story?

Sakurai: Toon Link is also included in this, but these three characters were really on the brink of being cut."

-Roster leak is FAKE because Bowser Jr is in a clown car, and clearly characters can't fight in vehicles.

Literally all of you who deconfirm a character because of a costume have learned NOTHING.

As it stands, characters can be fighters and have mii costumes at the same time. If you think a character is instantly out the race because a costume appeared TWO MONTHS before the ballot is even over, you seriously have no grasp on the situation. The costumes are released in waves, meaning they are preplanned and not made over night. Costumes like these were in plannings well before they were released, even well before the ballot started. If we get a character from the ballot, it could be several months before they EVEN DECIDE who is worthy....and even then, it will be MANY MONTHS after that until we see the character released.
And here we have an example of someone who clearly doesn't listen to others.

Just saying like 50% of these are terrible examples.

Anything worthy of mention happened here while I was gone? Been playing a bit too much Xenoblade, methinks.

I'm already on Mechonis. That battle theme song is always hype. First time I heard it was in Smash 3DS as a song for Smash Run. It could be any game's battle theme for all I care. It's that amazing and never gets old.
One can never play too much xenoblade. People ptaise the music for a reason.

Just now i realized how grim human humor can be. A guest speaker siad how his if his robor moved horizontally it would lierce him without stopping. And everyone in the crowd laughed (including myself). I find it strange that the description of a horrifically gruseome death can be finny to so many.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

no offense but was it really that necessary to literally list every example? it was kind of a pain to scroll down :c

i mean i dont disagree with you though

(except the villager and the violence part, since that held true for smash bros brawl, and it was a reasonable argument for smash 4 right its initial reveal. so its hard to blame anyone for not expecting villager for smash 4)

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I think mii fighters = deconfirm and I've seen some of you say that too.i personally think it's dumb to make both a costume for a character if your just gonna make them payable actually im 99% sure that if we didn't have k rool or inklings mii costumes this conversation wouldn't be happening

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'm glad it's autumn again.

It's the only time of the year when the weather isn't too freaking cold or too freaking hot.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
For the record, I've seen only few people in this thread, if any at all, have said the Mii Costumes 100% disconfirms the character. Meanwhile the rest of the "disconfirmation" camp mostly believes that only that their outlook is looking grim or not as good as they used to. The mindset of the latter is far from irrational.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Of course there are *people* who think Mii costumes are 100% disconfirmation. But the comment I was responding to was referencing here as far as I could tell, and so was I, and I don't believe anyone here believes these are 100%. But hey, if you're there, feel free to come out and prove me wrong.

Even so, no one who thinks rationally believes Mii costumes are 100%. Official word is 100%.
Exactly.
Could we still get K. Rool or the Inklings? Of course.
But there is currently no precedence for a potential newcomer having a DLC costume before they are added as a character.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Hopefully we get some kind of closure within the next two weeks.

I can only imagine how painful it would be if this topic continued for months...

D

Deleted member

NO MORE MII COSTUME ARGUMENTS.

Instead, have some wierd youtube video:

Chrono.

Hopefully we get some kind of closure within the next two weeks.

I can only imagine how painful it would be if this topic continued for months...
About as painful as having to see 50 facts Mewtwo in every fake leak for 6 months.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't go that far...trust me as a veteran Ridley supporter, this is nowhere even close in terms of "heated debates".
That's not what I meant though
It's the fact people will grasp at whatever straws they can find
Almost everyone thought Inklings were deconfirmed when the Mii Costumes were revealed, but much like Ridley, K. Rool is getting "special treatment" on what means to be disconfirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom