• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I see it's that time again when there's absolutely no news and thus go crazy.

But seriously, I have no opinion on the Mii costumes as no knows except Sakurai and his team what they mean for characters not in Smash Bros yet.

That said I still have confidence in K. Rool in being the sixth(if Shovel Knight is fifth) and probably last DLC character.

D

Deleted member

I had ironhax on my 3DS but it's not working anymore since I updated it to get Plague of Shadows
Welp
EDIT: at least the custom menu theme still works tho

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
That's not what I meant though
It's the fact people will grasp at whatever straws they can find
Almost everyone thought Inklings were deconfirmed when the Mii Costumes were revealed, but much like Ridley, K. Rool is getting "special treatment" on what means to be disconfirmed
You know, I really wish I could agree...but again, I think we did WAY more "grosping" as we used to call it than what we are doing here with the Mii Costumes and among other things, imo. :laugh:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
After watching some cutscenes on YouTube, I can safely say the English dub of Xenoblade is very well done.

The Japanese version, while not bad, doesn't quite have the same charm, at least, in regards to some characters. Dunban sounds a lot younger than he looks, even though it's the same VA as Captain Falcon in Smash, and Shulk sounds like every anime protagonist ever.

Metal Face is voiced by Norio Wakamoto, who's well known for his amazingly hammy villain roles. Even so, I think the English voice-over captures his sadistic personality much better. The Japanese version comes off as just being an over-the-top villain.

Along with Kid Icarus: Uprising, I can say this is a good example on how an English dub can be superior to the original in Japanese.

D

Deleted member

After watching some cutscenes on YouTube, I can safely say the English dub of Xenoblade is very well done.

The Japanese version, while not bad, doesn't quite have the same charm, at least, in regards to some characters. Dunban sounds a lot younger than he looks, even though it's the same VA as Captain Falcon in Smash, and Shulk sounds like every anime protagonist ever.

Metal Face is voiced by Norio Wakamoto, who's well known for his amazingly hammy villain roles. Even so, I think the English voice-over captures his sadistic personality much better. The Japanese version comes off as just being an over-the-top villain.

Along with Kid Icarus: Uprising, I can say this is a good example on how an English dub can be superior to the original in Japanese.
>Weaboo game
>Shulk is the protagonist
>Shulk with a Japanese voice actor
>"Sounds like every anime protagonist ever"
I don't know what you expected tbh

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Exactly.
Could we still get K. Rool or the Inklings? Of course.
But there is currently no precedence for a potential newcomer having a DLC costume before they are added as a character.
This is what I've stood by the whole time.

I want the King, I'm just skeptical.

HOLY ****.
View attachment 74851
View attachment 74852
THEY DID IT BOYS. THEY FREAKING DID IT. I DONT KNOW HOW THE **** THEY DID IT, BUT IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING.
Running CTR on my 3DS sounds amazing. I already have it hacked, to boot.

If you ask me, Metal Face in Japanese is much more reserved than over the top. Like Mads Mikkelsen's Hannibal.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Learn to spell
okay ngl (agree w/ everything else u said tho) spelling has nothing to do with an argument.

like legit ofc you can still understand it otherwise you wouldn't be quoting it + the fact of saying "learn to spell!!!!" is kinda nitpicky. I mean, it's the internet; there's so many shortenings like "lol", "tbh", "4reals", "btw", etc., and also things like "yah", "yea", "lul", "wat", "wut", etc. but you still want to pick at someone's spelling?

please oh please oh pls don't ban me swampy-oniichan senpai

Digging up an old post of mine since I hate when people say the costume "deconfirms" K Rool and the Inklings.

People who "deconfirm" characters based on a costume CLEARLY have not learned ANYTHING. As a community, we are the WORST because we always make up assumptions that characters are automatically deconfirmed.

-Mewtwo and Lucas DECONFIRMED because they have trophies in the game. Clearly a character can't be DLC if they have a trophy in the game.

-Lucas and Wolf DECONFIRMED because Ness and Fox took their specials and used them as customs.

-Toon Link DECONFIRMED because you can't have a fighter in the background of the stage at the same time.

-Villager DECONFIRMED because the villagers appear in Smashville.

-Villager DECONFIRMED because Sakurai said Smash is too violent for the series.

-Duck Hunt DECONFIRMED because dogs are not plausible to fight

-Ness DECONFIRMED because Sakurai said "Up unitl now"

-R.O.B. DECONFIRMED because hes already an enemy in SSE. You can't have a fighter and an enemy at the same time.

-All Clones DECONFIRMED because clearly Sakurai wants to get rid of them this time around.

-Little Mac DECONFIRMED because Villagers uses boxing gloves.

-Little Mac DECONFIRMED because the Boxing Ring reveal is generic and not Punch Out Themed.

-Lucario and Ike DECONFIRMED because Sakurai cut Mewtwo and Roy last time, meaning Pokemon and Fire Emblem are "flavor of the month series"

-Roy DECONFIRMED because we already have another Roy in the game, and characters can't share the same name.

-Ryu DECONFIRMED because Sakurai said no fighting game characters.

-Wario DECONFIRMED because Mario always has Wario colors.

-Roy DECONFIRMED because Marth has Roy's colors. DLC can't happen if another character has their colors.

-Mewtwo, Roy and Dr Mario DECONFIRMED because they were already cut once, and characters cant come back.

-Dark Pit DECONFIRMED because he didn't have a newcomer banner at the end of his trailer.

-Bowser Jr DECONFIRMED because a series can't get two new unique reps. Mario series has too many reps

-Rosalina DECONFIRMED because she'd just be a clone of Peach.

-Palutena DECONFIRMED because a statue of her is on her stage.

-Robin DECONFIRMED because only the main characters are playable.

-Miis DECONFIRMED because they are already avatars in online menus.

-Ryu DECONFIRMED because a third party company can't get two reps.

-Wolf and ROY DECONFIRMED because you can't have three characters based around a similar moveset.

-Palutena DECONFIRMED because she was part of Pits Final Smash, and you can't change final smashes

-Little Mac and Charizard DECONFIRMED because they were assist characters and thus they weren't important enough, and characters can't be promoted.

-New Fire Emblem characters DECONFIRMED because the series only warrants two reps.

-Ice Climbers CONFIRMED because characters that appear at least twice are a lock forever.

-Rayman CONFIRMED because third party characters can't have trophies in the game without being playable.

-Sceptile CONFIRMED because Sakurai replaced Squirtle with another water starter, so clearly he is replacing Ivysaur with another grass starter.

-Villager and Tom Nook CONFIRMED because their stage has a logo. Dixie Kong CONFIRMED because she almost made it last time.

-Krystal CONFIRMED because her voice actress confirmed work on the game.

Original 12 CONFIRMED forever, since clearly they are prioritized and can never almost get the axe.

Isaac CONFIRMED because he was clearly cut as a trophy so he can be playable.

"Question: In “Subspace Emissary, why weren’t Wolf or Jigglypuff involved with the story?

Sakurai: Toon Link is also included in this, but these three characters were really on the brink of being cut."

-Shulk leak is FAKE because he clearly photoshopped Little Mac

-Shulk leak is FAKE because that blurry image looks like it says DISABLAD

-Roster leak is FAKE because Wario is missing his pupil

-Roster leak is FAKE because Bowser Jr is in a clown car, and clearly characters can't fight in vehicles.

Literally all of you who deconfirm a character because of a costume have learned NOTHING.

As it stands, characters can be fighters and have mii costumes at the same time. If you think a character is instantly out the race because a costume appeared TWO MONTHS before the ballot is even over, you seriously have no grasp on the situation. The costumes are released in waves, meaning they are preplanned and not made over night. Costumes like these were in plannings well before they were released, even well before the ballot started. If we get a character from the ballot, it could be several months before they EVEN DECIDE who is worthy....and even then, it will be MANY MONTHS after that until we see the character released.
Not gonna lie, a lot of these are really bad examples. Half of these are just things taken seriously (rosalina being a clone of peach? cut chars can't come back? lucario cut because flavor of month?), and the other half is just silly (wario can't be in because mario has a swap of him but we still have luigi..)

There are a few good ones but most are things people never took seriously.

Also isn't Link the only playable character w/ a Mii Costume, and it's Skyward Sword Link?

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Digging up an old post of mine since I hate when people say the costume "deconfirms" K Rool and the Inklings.

People who "deconfirm" characters based on a costume CLEARLY have not learned ANYTHING. As a community, we are the WORST because we always make up assumptions that characters are automatically deconfirmed.

-Mewtwo and Lucas DECONFIRMED because they have trophies in the game. Clearly a character can't be DLC if they have a trophy in the game.

-Lucas and Wolf DECONFIRMED because Ness and Fox took their specials and used them as customs.

-Toon Link DECONFIRMED because you can't have a fighter in the background of the stage at the same time.

-Villager DECONFIRMED because the villagers appear in Smashville.

-Villager DECONFIRMED because Sakurai said Smash is too violent for the series.

-Duck Hunt DECONFIRMED because dogs are not plausible to fight

-Ness DECONFIRMED because Sakurai said "Up unitl now"

-R.O.B. DECONFIRMED because hes already an enemy in SSE. You can't have a fighter and an enemy at the same time.

-All Clones DECONFIRMED because clearly Sakurai wants to get rid of them this time around.

-Little Mac DECONFIRMED because Villagers uses boxing gloves.

-Little Mac DECONFIRMED because the Boxing Ring reveal is generic and not Punch Out Themed.

-Lucario and Ike DECONFIRMED because Sakurai cut Mewtwo and Roy last time, meaning Pokemon and Fire Emblem are "flavor of the month series"

-Roy DECONFIRMED because we already have another Roy in the game, and characters can't share the same name.

-Ryu DECONFIRMED because Sakurai said no fighting game characters.

-Wario DECONFIRMED because Mario always has Wario colors.

-Roy DECONFIRMED because Marth has Roy's colors. DLC can't happen if another character has their colors.

-Mewtwo, Roy and Dr Mario DECONFIRMED because they were already cut once, and characters cant come back.

-Dark Pit DECONFIRMED because he didn't have a newcomer banner at the end of his trailer.

-Bowser Jr DECONFIRMED because a series can't get two new unique reps. Mario series has too many reps

-Rosalina DECONFIRMED because she'd just be a clone of Peach.

-Palutena DECONFIRMED because a statue of her is on her stage.

-Robin DECONFIRMED because only the main characters are playable.

-Miis DECONFIRMED because they are already avatars in online menus.

-Ryu DECONFIRMED because a third party company can't get two reps.

-Wolf and ROY DECONFIRMED because you can't have three characters based around a similar moveset.

-Palutena DECONFIRMED because she was part of Pits Final Smash, and you can't change final smashes

-Little Mac and Charizard DECONFIRMED because they were assist characters and thus they weren't important enough, and characters can't be promoted.

-New Fire Emblem characters DECONFIRMED because the series only warrants two reps.

-Ice Climbers CONFIRMED because characters that appear at least twice are a lock forever.

-Rayman CONFIRMED because third party characters can't have trophies in the game without being playable.

-Sceptile CONFIRMED because Sakurai replaced Squirtle with another water starter, so clearly he is replacing Ivysaur with another grass starter.

-Villager and Tom Nook CONFIRMED because their stage has a logo. Dixie Kong CONFIRMED because she almost made it last time.

-Krystal CONFIRMED because her voice actress confirmed work on the game.

Original 12 CONFIRMED forever, since clearly they are prioritized and can never almost get the axe.

Isaac CONFIRMED because he was clearly cut as a trophy so he can be playable.

"Question: In “Subspace Emissary, why weren’t Wolf or Jigglypuff involved with the story?

Sakurai: Toon Link is also included in this, but these three characters were really on the brink of being cut."

-Shulk leak is FAKE because he clearly photoshopped Little Mac

-Shulk leak is FAKE because that blurry image looks like it says DISABLAD

-Roster leak is FAKE because Wario is missing his pupil

-Roster leak is FAKE because Bowser Jr is in a clown car, and clearly characters can't fight in vehicles.

Literally all of you who deconfirm a character because of a costume have learned NOTHING.

As it stands, characters can be fighters and have mii costumes at the same time. If you think a character is instantly out the race because a costume appeared TWO MONTHS before the ballot is even over, you seriously have no grasp on the situation. The costumes are released in waves, meaning they are preplanned and not made over night. Costumes like these were in plannings well before they were released, even well before the ballot started. If we get a character from the ballot, it could be several months before they EVEN DECIDE who is worthy....and even then, it will be MANY MONTHS after that until we see the character released.
It's an ok theory, but it's not definite until proven.

. . .I just realized. I'm at college. I have no way to connect to Nintendo Wi-fi from here. No matter how amazing the rest of the DLC is i cant buy it until the end of semester. ****

Chrono.

. . .I just realized. I'm at college. I have no way to connect to Nintendo Wi-fi from here. No matter how amazing the rest of the DLC is i cant buy it until the end of semester. ****
So are you like on mobile all the time?

If so you may be able to tether your phone's connection to your 3DS/Wii U/whatever else

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There is a secret.

Try hooking it up to the internet.

It should connect but it won't actually work.

Open the browser.

It then identifies the device as okay.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
>Weaboo game
>Shulk is the protagonist
>Shulk with a Japanese voice actor
>"Sounds like every anime protagonist ever"
I don't know what you expected tbh
I've watched anime with protagonists that don't adhere to the "stereotypical teen anime protagonist" kind of archetype Shulk has going for his Japanese portrayal, so yeah, I think his English voice has more charm.

And please, don't use that term "weeaboo" in my presence. Though I am a fan of Japanese games, anime and manga, I kind of despise certain stereotypes commonly associated with being part of such fandom.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
No. Samus does and it's the same model as the playable character.
Also, Meta Knight technically.
Ahh. Had a feeling there was someone.

imho still doesn't change the point how the only characters with costumes were in the base game (plus why'd they make us have to buy the costume first and then 3 months later the character? I mean there might still be a chance but it doesn't make very much sense to me or seem very likely)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Learn to spell and have some etiquette.

Saying you can't hold your claims anymore and insisting that it's over is how YOU lose debates.

Dude,what's your beef?
My beef is Auto-correct, and I ended the discussion because it went on long enough. Sorry. I said it in a certain way didn't I?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've watched anime with protagonists that don't adhere to the "stereotypical teen anime protagonist" kind of archetype Shulk has going for his Japanese portrayal, so yeah, I think his English voice has more charm.

And please, don't use that term "weeaboo" in my presence. Though I am a fan of Japanese games, anime and manga, I kind of despise certain stereotypes commonly associated with being part of such fandom.
I was only joking though

And, for me at least, there is a difference between someone who likes and watches anime and a weeb
It's not hard to distinguish them
So, anyone here plan on getting Rivals of Aether?
If only I had a good computer...
Still forcing my friends to buy it tho

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yeah, I ended the argument for multiple reasons, please understand. I also have an auto-correct problem.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I want to return and post more...

But...

But Destiny...

It's so damn good now...

I love you all

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if there'll be a direct on Wednesday and they do one of those available to download NAOW things.

D

Deleted member

PS1 games emulated on 3DS, huh?

Final Fantasy VII-IX are now playable on a Nintendo system! Time to request Cloud for Smash! :troll:

Now that I think about it, this also means that all of the Xeno games (Xenogears, Xenosaga*, Xenoblade) excluding Xenosaga III are playable on at least one Nintendo system.

*Xenosaga I & II were given a Japan-exclusive remake on DS.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I was only joking though

And, for me at least, there is a difference between someone who likes and watches anime and a weeb
It's not hard to distinguish them
Good.

I just really dislike being lumped together with certain kinds of anime fans.

Well, I'll be off now. Just one more week of waiting until the next Smash update comes. Hopefully, they make an announcement soon, though I wouldn't mind it was done on the same day as the release.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I'm making a prediction.

Since :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu: were all bundled in a set, I think we might get at least four more DLC characters to make another bundle.
  • King K. Rool or Dixie Kong
  • Rayman (my bias)
  • Wolf or Krystal
  • ???
Who should take up the last spot?

So are you like on mobile all the time?

If so you may be able to tether your phone's connection to your 3DS/Wii U/whatever else
No my laptop works fine. But for whatever reason my other devices cannot get through. It connects to the actual device but it won't let it past that and onto internet. My printer can't do e-print either for similar reasons.
There is a secret.

Try hooking it up to the internet.

It should connect but it won't actually work.

Open the browser.

It then identifies the device as okay.
Didn't work :/ Although i did just remember another option. . .

I just want DLC and Shovel Knight dammit!

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nikki at it again with the datamining and I'm at it again with the GameXplain linking

Would make sense for there to be DLC. Without Ster Fax Nintendo will need to promote their current line-up heavily for the Holidays.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No my laptop works fine. But for whatever reason my other devices cannot get through. It connects to the actual device but it won't let it past that and onto internet. My printer can't do e-print either for similar reasons.

Didn't work :/ Although i did just remember another option. . .

I just want DLC and Shovel Knight dammit!
Are you actually loading something via the browser?

Because I have to log in to my college account for it to work.

D

Deleted member

...Why wouldn't I be serious? Meta Knight is indeed a head with limbs.
Because regardless of Meta Knight literally being a head with limbs, a headgear of nothing but his head doesn't count as an actual costume.

A legitimate costume would be an outfit for Swordfighters that give them his cape, his shoulder pads, his gloves, his boots, Galaxia, and a solid blue bodysuit plus the headgear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom