• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
I knew of Shovel knight ever since I watched the Game Grumps playthough of the game, but I knew Shantae ever since I got her first game back on the Gameboy Color in 2003.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I remember supporting Shovel Knight since the game came out in 2014 but I knew he didn't really have a chance. Now with the ballot, I voted for other characters who I prefer, but I still support Shovel Knight enough to be a top 6-7 pick of mine.

And now with Plague Knight DLC which I think is great (maybe better than Shovel Knight), along with the amiibo and even more content, I feel like Shovel Knight is really growing. If he isn't announced on the 30th, I might go vote for him.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nintendo pushing an indie makes a good deal of sense.

I'm more inclined they pushed to include one. Sakurai got to pick who.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Honestly, if you think Sakurai is the only one who has say in Smash and is the only one that has probably made the sole decision to add someone to Smash Brothers, you've already failed yourself.

He's making this game for Nintendo. For himself too? Sure, but mostly he's got to play to Nintendo's wants as well.

That's his job.
I feel like he isn't the only one but I do believe he has some type of influence in that regard.

But let's be honest here, I'm more wrong due to that Nintendo has done this before and with characters I love as well. It's not even a major part of my argument but oh well. I'll just drop it here

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I knew of Shovel knight ever since I watched the Game Grumps playthough of the game, but I knew Shantae ever since I got her first back on the Gameboy Color in 2003.
That is an extremely rare item. I knew about Shantae from Nintendo Power. To most, the game was known for its spritework and... not much else. Seriously, it was too rare for most people to have played it outside emulation.

Soul.

More characters is what everyone wants, no matter how deserving they are. Unless fan-made rules say otherwise, but idek.

I've never had this "looking forward to a character" feeling because expectations suck. You only get disappointed.

Granted, if he's in he's in. Buying SK, should he be confirmed, at least will be optional just like other DLC characters

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
That is an extremely rare item. I knew about Shantae from Nintendo Power. To most, the game was known for its spritework and... not much else. Seriously, it was too rare for most people to have played it outside emulation.
I do treasure the game cart that I still have, but I just wish I didn't throw away the box and I'm missing the manuel that I know I still have somewhere.

D

Deleted member

I knew Butt Butt since his game was announced and was hyped for it since then
I don't remember how i got to know Shantae but I believe it was around the release of one of her 3DS games

D

Deleted member

More characters is what everyone wants, no matter how deserving they are. Unless fan-made rules say otherwise, but idek.

I've never had this "looking forward to a character" feeling because expectations suck. You only get disappointed.

Granted, if he's in he's in. Buying SK, should he be confirmed, at least will be optional just like other DLC characters
I think the thing is that Super Smash Bros. is not something like Mugen where you add whichever character, it's meant as a representation of Nintendo and even with third party, iconic relationships with Nintendo who have had history with Nintendo.

For us who care about that, and have this particular opinion, Shovel Knight feels unworthy of it. I mean, this is all opinions, but just noting that Super Smash Bros. is meant to represent significant things with Nintendo and some may feel (like myself) that Shovel Knight isn't a worthy inclusion.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay I'll just say it now.

Is anyone else having problems with the Movie portion of the American Smash official site?

I can't access it on several computers. It's been a week that it's been like this.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I was well aware of both Shantae and Shovel Knight before the ballot.

I don't exactly remember when, but I learned about Shantae around Risky's Revenge, and Shovel Knight a little while after the Kickstarter launched.

AreJay25

Okay I'll just say it now.

Is anyone else having problems with the Movie portion of the American Smash official site?

I can't access it on several computers. It's been a week that it's been like this.
Yeah, it's not loading for me.

And since it apparently works for other languages, I don't know why the U.S. site is the exception.

D

Deleted member

What are the top 3 Nintendo characters that you feel have a chance getting in the game you guys want to see next?

D

Deleted member

What are the top 3 Nintendo characters that you feel have a chance getting in the game you guys want to see next?
Wolf, Dixie Kong, and Tetra. I'd list Isaac and K. Rool, but I've been doubting their chances as of late.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh gosh. Only three?

Uh...

Wolf, Isaac, K.Rool

If I could add more... Dixie, Impa, Chibi-Robo, Inkling, Bandana Dee,Pichu, Ivysaur, Squirtle

Last edited:

AreJay25

Wolf, someone from DK and Bandanna Dee.

There are other characters I'd love to see but those are my main ones.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@SlickWylde
That is awesome. ^^ Let me give you two codes, then. One of what I think is one of my better Courses, and one is a Auto level (where you don't have to do anything). I know Auto ones aren't super popular everywhere, but it was fun to make and I am happy with how it worked out. Feel free to ignore that one if you don't like them.

"The Goomba Copter Cargo Flight"
ID: E5B7-0000-0031-7913

"Tour of The Auto Castle"
ID: F636-0000-0038-3AC0

Thank you!

D

Deleted member

It mostly comes from the vibe I get about Sakurai and Wolf in general. He didn't choose him for Melee because he was too similar to Fox in build.
Not sure if Push has commented on this already, but that was misinformation.
There is no official information that states Wolf was planned as a clone instead of Falco but decided against due to similarities to Fox.
If anything, Falco was the first pick, especially since he was the most popular Star Fox request at the time (Wolf's popularity didn't shoot up until Star Fox Assault).

He wasn't implemented into Brawl until late and didn't get a role in the big story mode. He was pretty low on the development lever of numbering too if I recall correctly.
So were Jigglypuff and Toon Link. Unless you think Sakurai has a specific vendetta against Wolf, for what possible reason would Sakurai decide on not bringing Wolf back whatsoever?
Especially since Roy of all characters was brought back by DLC, and he didn't even make the cut in Brawl like Wolf did.

When you're an afterthought for a writer/creator, usually? You stay an after thought until something comes along to change your mind.
Again, this implies Sakurai specifically has it out for Wolf. How many "afterthought" characters that have actually made the cut in a previous Smash (as in, not counting the likes of Dixie Kong (who would also be as good as disconfirmed by your logic; no DK DLC, I guess...) or Toon Zelda) are in Smash 4 right now in comparison to the ones that aren't?

I think his change of mind will come either soon by adding Wolf and realizing the demand or simply by not adding him and seeing that people want him back in Smash when it comes time to make whatever Smash will on NX.
How the Hell would Sakurai not know Wolf's demand by now?
He knew Mewtwo's.
He knew Roy's (even when it simmered down after Robin and Lucina were revealed).
He knew Lucas'.
So what, he magically doesn't have any idea Wolf was/is in high demand like Lucas was when it was public that he wasn't in the game?
Demand is what got Wolf in Brawl in the first place.
Sakurai said:
Wolf was a character that barely made it in due to time constraints. He was added because there was high demand for his inclusion on places like “Smash Bros. Dojo!!”, and he’s a popular character. Of course, if he didn’t have that backing him, I don’t think I could have put him in. Among the characters with high popularity, I chose one who had a high possibility of becoming realized in the game, and as a result you could say Wolf was created.
So either,
a. Sakurai has some purely biased vendetta against Wolf.
b. Wolf's coming back.

Which of those two actually sounds more reasonable?

D

Deleted member

If Tetra is a possibility then I'll add her to my list.

As far as believables go, I'd like to see...

1. Tetra
2. Dixie Kong
3. Isaac

I'd put Pichu, but I doubt he's coming back.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, I missed yet another amount of photoshopped images passing as a leak. Amusing. Obviously fake due to inconsistencies, such as font choice.

D

Deleted member

>Characters I want
>From Nintendo
>That have a chance
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAH
Good joke
These are in order who I think are mostly likely from my 1st party wants
Not just DLC but Smash in general
  1. Inklings
  2. Isabelle
  3. Wonder Red
Not saying much tho...
Now if you want the 3rd parties for Ridley like chances...

D

Deleted member

@KingBro1 You watch Super Bunnyhop as well? Nice.

Did you see him on his review on MSGV, yet?
I just watched it. It was a solid (no pun intended) review.

As for MGSV itself, I might consider getting it after a price drop. Honestly, it does look underwhelming compared to previous Metal Gear games.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I was well aware of both Shantae and Shovel Knight before the ballot.

I don't exactly remember when, but I learned about Shantae around Risky's Revenge, and Shovel Knight a little while after the Kickstarter launched.
I was excited about Shovel Knight's Kickstarter because I knew it was made by people that worked on Shantae, lol. So yeah, knew about both before they were involved in Smash speculation.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I learned of Shantae from the old Official Nintendo Magazine that had a small section about her and some DSiware games. Then I had that little glimpse of her game from WarioWare D.I.Y (Yes, it actually happened! That's another part to add to her 'legacy' with Nintendo!) So I was familiar with her long before the ballot - probably since 2009-2011. I've also now got Shantae and the Pirate's Curse on Wii U, and it's pretty cool so far. I learnt about Shovel Knight going around Miiverse and thinking, "Hmm... Interesting concept for an indie game. And I'm hearing people would like to see him in Smash Bros... Hmm." I'd probably go with Shantae if I were to pick an Indie character, and maybe save Shovel Knight for future Smash games, when he'd have a stronger resume. Also - let it be clear that both of their games are of very good quality!

As for top three Nintendo characters that I want that I feel have a chance? Look no further than my sig. ...Now that I think about it, if K. Rool or Inkling get confirmed before the other, then I'd be 100% guaranteed that the other has an even more gobsmacking chance, since the argument that Mii costume = deconfirmed would be no doubt

Now back to study. That fake leak was distracting me. And hopefully I'll have time to preorder a Butt-Butt amiibo online, but study...

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pandora's Tower is unlike anything I have ever played before.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Literally ALL I need at this point is Wolf. If he comes back, I'm good, anyone else is just bonus.
That said, I would be disappointed if DK still didn't get something.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Anyone watching the Umebura F.A.T. stream right now? 9B's Ryu vs Vinnie's Sheik was such a hype match. 9B's Ryu with the true shoryuken kills were so great. He beat Vinnie but Vinnie's Sheik was nice too, he had a good snipe kill. Really nice to see these other pro Japanese players.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I want Ridley (but let's ignore him until Smash 5) so my top 3 would be Wolf, Bandana Dee and Mecha Fiora from Nintendo.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Curious if we'll ever here more on the SK rumor or we're just gonna have to wait it out until it's debunked (...or confirmed, maybe).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom