• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Drag the person further Nibroc.

Throw them under the bus, then back the bus back up and do it again.

I want a name and drama.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hold on a minute, I found something, the knee pads are slightly different.

Oh ****

Well I was indeed correct it was a 3d model from a 2 second glance. I am slowly getting better at noticing these things. If only I had improved in time for all the old leaks and not near the end of speculation.
Hold on a minute, I found something, the knee pads are slightly different.
pretty sure that is the lighting. The pads are the same shape.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So.

When do you think we're gonna get some REAL news?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So.

Calling it now,

Tomorrow night. I got a major hunch.
Trust me on this, m8

oh hey ANOTHER leak.
I love today.
WAIT A MINUTE, IS THAT NTRANCED? HOW IN THE HELL DID THEY GET THAT? HOLY HELL, I'M EXCITED

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well I was indeed correct it was a 3d model from a 2 second glance. I am slowly getting better at noticing these things. If only I had improved in time for all the old leaks and not near the end of speculation.

pretty sure that is the lighting. The pads are the same shape.
Not really, the models have slight differences, also the time gap for this to've been done would've been insane.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
GUYS,.. get me out of this agony; prove if it is fake or not; I'm crying in anxiety! D=
(friend of mine send me on facebook; he said it's from 4chan; I don't have the link now);

EDIT: yeah, it's the same guy who tried to a fakeout Crash in Smash before with my sprite work (good friend).. but he doesn't have skills for this, I assure.

EDIT²: :4greninja:d hard. my computer is so slow... god

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Not really, the models have slight differences, also the time gap for this to've been done would've been insane.
N-Rock said he let someone else have the model. And as I pointed out a while ago, I noted some small differences, mainly it being his hands looks more "squared" like character models in Smash looks, compared to the original model Rock made. Chances are the other modeler had tweaked the model himself to make it more authentic.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
N-Rock said he let someone else have the model. And as I pointed out a while ago, I noted some small differences, mainly it being his hands looks more "squared" like character models in Smash looks, compared to the original model Rock made. Chances are the other modeler had tweaked the model himself to make it more authentic.
I've also noted that the time gap from the request would've meant the person spent hours upon hours doing this. If this is fake, I feel sorry for them. :(

No those are definitely the same models. the kneepads are identical. The horns both have the same huge gap between his head and the ring that is not on official art or the amiibo and is clearly an artistic choice or a mistake. The shovel shape is the same.

The only difference is someone added different lighting so certain things look like they are different colors but they are absolutely the same model.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
GUYS,.. get me out of this agony; prove if it is fake or not; I'm crying in anxiety! D=
(friend of mine send me on facebook; he said it's from 4chan; I don't have the link now);

EDIT: yeah, it's the same guy who tried to a fakeout Crash in Smash before with my sprite work (good friend).. but he doesn't have skills for this, I assure.
The Youtube URL says "Gags."

Confirmed fake. :troll:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
No those are definitely the same models. the kneepads are identical. The horns both have the same huge gap between his head and the ring that is not on official art or the amiibo and is clearly an artistic choice or a mistake. The shovel shape is the same.

The only difference is someone added different lighting so certain things look like they are different colors but they are absolutely the same model.
"Minor differences" I'll just leave this here.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
If that Crash video is real, then maybe it's not too much of an impossibility for those GBA Spyro games to be added to the VC.

Not that I care about them.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
It's only important to Wii U elitists. Just tired of seeing the 3DS version not have a presence at all.
but no im not wasting my time arguing about versions.
"I'm not going to waste my time arguing about versions"

Yet every other post of yours is complaining about "Wii U elitists" or something to do with your handheld bias, when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Give it a break.

Chrono.

I think they edited it, actually, it makes more sense for them to have edited it because if the model was literally the exact same as the original, people would immediately trace it back to Nibroc's. (which kinda happened anyways)

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Yet every other post of yours is complaining about "Wii U elitists" or something to do with your handheld bias, when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Give it a break.
This. Being loyal to one version or the other isn't a bad thing, and you're not better if you like 3DS more or Wii U more. You're only better if you treat people with respect and they don't treat you with respect.

in case anyone had any doubts for whatever reason
there is quite a lot of free space here.

compare it with this image which I assume is official.
no gap. Other art shows the same thing.
take it further but the amiibo has no gap either
I know i'm running dangerously close to "ness's shirt stripes" here but it makes it even more obvious it is the same model.
(TBH I don't think he even moved his left hand. Just took the fist he was given and moved it)
I've always wanted to highlight a part of an image like this

Last edited:

Soul.

I believe I do post things pertaining to a certain topic, but okay I guess lol

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
You got to admit. The Shovel Knight leak nearly got me. It was fake, but it sure was convincing.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
But I wanted a Runbow stage :urg: and a Unity-chan trophy

While many others looked at the model's textures, typos and different font, I simply thought "hey, the armor doesn't look so shiny; it's a fake" :p

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Looks like I missed out on some Butt Butt shenanigans. I don't know, I thought it looked fake as hell. That Shovel Knight render doesn't match the Smash art style.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I remember when leaks took a day to debunk at least. Those were the days.

One of these days ArtsyOmni and @vaanrose need to team up and create the ultimate leak

Burb

The Absolute Worst
So.

If there really is other stuff in the SMM update, then the date the news drops depends on how they're going about doing it.

If there's a stream, I'd expect a date announced sometime this week. If it's going to be handled like the Mii Costumes from Wave 3 and just get dropped on Twitter, probably next Monday and Tuesday.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The day we get convincing fake gameplay leaks is the day I officially stop believing everything.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The day we get convincing fake gameplay leaks is the day I officially stop believing everything.
I think it'd be to the point to where everyone would stop believing in leaks as a whole. Hell, we've even got that with Omni's Rayman leak (oh sure it was the CSS screen, but it was still surprising to see it be fake).

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I love how we have a leak, we had 70 people in here. When it's fake, everyone leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom