• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm not surprised. People have always joined the bandwagon when something has come up. It's happened with Gematsu, Palutena, the ESRB leak, and Shovel Knight is an inevitability.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I step out for an HOUR and I miss Shovel antics?

Where's the SHOVELRY INTENSIFIES gif when I need it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I do really like that render.
But yeah, very clearly fake.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I like how no one brings up the fact that an Ice Climber hood is there for both Popo and Nana.
Which is something people have said is reason why Wolf wouldn't become a mii costume.
That alone made me question the Leak.
So glad we have Good Leaks by the Way

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That was honestly something I thought I noticed myself...that the other character renders looked more...low poly then the supposed leaked Shovel Knight ones.

Guess that's a rap, then.
Can I add something to this? Can I just say when I saw that trophy picture, the first thing I thought was " That looks like a toy because it looks so nice"

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
totallylegit.png
I think we hit the jackpot boys
I like how no one brings up the fact that an Ice Climber hood is there for both Popo and Nana.
Which is something people have said is reason why Wolf wouldn't become a mii costume.
That alone made me question the Leak.
So glad we have Good Leaks by the Way
Good leaks are good.
Real leaks are better.
WHERE IS MY BETTER.

Chrono.

According to Nibroc, he didn't make the leak.
When I didn't see gameplay I had a feeling it wasnt him, since him and Gameonion dabbled in it with the Dr Mario stage.

But he could be lying too idk

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Soul.

Fake or not, this really is what I'd consider "waste of time," as it'll only make October come closer.

Can we all just say it as a really nice leak?
I needed to see one of these. It was suspicious from first glance and fake from the second but it is really nicely done an the model looks fantastic.

9/10 would bust again.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Can I add something to this? Can I just say when I saw that trophy picture, the first thing I thought was " That looks like a toy because it looks so nice"
I honestly thought it was either "too good" to be a model (especially for a trophy) or "too low quality" to be the Smash Render, imo. Mario's in game model doesn't look nearly as high rez as his Render art.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Okay, so I'm a journalism major. I know English grammar and AP style like the back of my hand.

And I also know that if it's real, I'm pissed off. Not due to Shovel Knight, but due to the very blatant and amateurish error in the trophy description.

The period goes outside the parentheses in a sentence where only part of it is parenthetical (The whole "(and hunting for treasure, too.)" thing]. Like I did there.

It should be "(and hunting for treasure, too)."

I'm calling fake because I refuse to believe something that amateurish got through QA.
There actually are minor typos like that riddled throughout the trophy descriptions, though...

Catching up on the last few pages, then I want to run these puppies through some Photochoppin'. Initial thoughts:

-The lighting on the model between the 'unlocked' image and the trophy image are different. Look closely at the light gleaming off his left hand, and on his left knee plate. Still, because the pose is so similar and the trophy's angle has barely changed, it's still pretty easy to have done this in Photoshop. I'll do a side-by-side later.
-At the same time, there are similarities to the Nibroc model - namely, those sausage-fingers. That's the most damning part of it to me right now. It looks like they removed the texture from his horns (good move, IMO) but those hands are really killing it for me.
-There's a lot I like about this, namely the originality behind it. Runbow as a stage, Runbow character trophies, a Shantae wig... very clever, if this is a leak. It does feel like something off-the-wall Sakurai would do. It also feels like a lot for one update.

Right now I'm sitting at about 40%... but I'm on page 320, still got some of your sleuthing to read before I get to my own.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Welp. If anything happens, it would be great if someone could tag me if anything happens tonight. So I can catch up on everything tomorrow :p. I highly doubt someone will do that though.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Behold, the hardest Mario Maker level ever:
I'm just going to add, despite the absurdity of this stage (there was literally one part the was pixel perfect timing to just make it without dying) I still have to say I'm rather impressed by the run.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I can't check number 1 rn but for 2 I can say that they aren't the same.

For number 3...

The difference is pretty blatant.
Oh yeah, compare the letter 'p' at least - notice how short the tail is in the Rayman version? That's pretty unique, and something that was missed in the Shovel Knight version.

That puts me all the way down to 5%. Like, that's really, really important. The font isn't just going to change for his description in game.

EDIT: Did some quick comparisons. Look at the 'p', 'y', and 'k' specifically. Those are the first things that jumped right out at me. IMO, that's enough to kill it for me. Nice try, though. I really like the thought-process behind this one.
ray.gif
sk.gif

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Nice little leak.Had a bunch of idea i really liked the runbow stage and mii costumes to be exact.Shame how i would be more hyped for mii costumes than i would be shovel knight lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Also I really like the idea of it being an "Ode to Indies" instead of JUST Shovel Knight. Shantae gets some inclusion and then Runbow. It was an interesting idea and certainly caught us all by surprise. Although I have to wonder if there would be licencing issues.

I would definitely prefer that compared to just shovelry.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
The first problem I had, oddly enough, is how it lacks anything truly strange. Like, everything except maybe the Runbow stage and trophies is something that has gotten attention in some form on the internet lately. Shovel Knight, Shantae, Krystal, and Ice Climbers are obvious, and Kumatora has been part of Smashified speculation.

No one really expected characters such as Lloyd Irving or the Black Knight to appear at all. There's nothing like that here. Again, except maybe the Runbow stage. It seems too safe, I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom