• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
So while I honestly think we're only getting Chrom, Lucina, and Fiora as far as Nintendo characters in X Zone 2, if we were to get others, I think it would come from this list, in order of likelihood I suppose:

Link and Zelda (if this happens, then include Ganondorf as a villain as well)
I agree with most of what you're saying, but I think Link and Zelda are characters that Nintendo is way too protective of to put in a game like this, so I don't think they'd be high on the list of potential characters, were they do add more.

Still happy to see Chrom and Lucina though. Hopefully they have English voices.

Chrono.

I agree with most of what you're saying, but I think Link and Zelda are characters that Nintendo is way too protective of to put in a game like this, so I don't think they'd be high on the list of potential characters, were they do add more.

Still happy to see Chrom and Lucina though. Hopefully they have English voices.
To be fair, Link was in Soul Calibur once.

It was years ago but still.

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, Link was in Soul Calibur once.

It was years ago but still.
Okay, that's true. I loved him in that game.

But I feel like Chrom and Lucy being revealed first indicates that they might not do it either way, though.

Chrono.

Okay, that's true. I loved him in that game.

But I feel like Chrom and Lucy being revealed first indicates that they might not do it either way, though.
I feel you, I don't think we'll get anymore Nintendo characters.

But I'll gladly take anything else!

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
The Smash remix is one of my favorite songs from the game yet I've never heard the original one until now. Good stuff.
Back in my day, if we wanted to listen to a game's soundtrack, we played the game! We didn't just listen to it on the internet, we trekked through every level just to get to the one we wanted! It may not have been orchestrated, but by gum, we liked it that way!

Strofirko

Smash Master
Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Has this been posted yet? We were just talking about this!

EDIT: I'm always so late. Damn my actually being busy doing things and not really paying attention to this forum anymore!

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Day 1 for all these wonderful franchises:
http://www.bidnessetc.com/52983-microsoft-corporation-may-release-amiibolike-toys-soon/
All 5 of them:dazwa:

Or use DARBY DAY:denzel:
Or down arrow.
Or L and R
Huh.
You know, I'd have thought, if either of them, Sony would jump on this type of thing first, just because they have a lot more IP at their disposal.

Though I'm curious to see how this turns out. Basically we could be looking at Halo, Gears of War, Minecraft, and the Rare franchises at the very least.

D

Deleted member

Back in my day, if we wanted to listen to a game's soundtrack, we played the game! We didn't just listen to it on the internet, we trekked through every level just to get to the one we wanted! It may not have been orchestrated, but by gum, we liked it that way!

Creating a save file before the Ridley fight just for the music
#JustSuperMetroidThings

Last edited by a moderator:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm still waiting for a Hyrule Warriors line. I want that Manondorf dang it!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Two things about the X Zone Fire Emblem and Xenoblade trailer.

1.) Look at Chrom chucking those Javelins! See, he wouldn't have to be a clone!
2.) When exactly will we be able not refer to Seven as Seven? That cat's pretty much out of the bag, and I don't think it's much of a spoiler anymore. Also, she is very obviously the next runner up for Xenoblade Smash rep (not that I think we would get one) outside of a character from X.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
''Seven" makes me want to find cute ways to cover up years old up spoilers from major Geek things.

''Flower Pond" for Aerith.
''Planned Betrayal" for Harry Potter.
''Miyamoto Mama" for Mario Brothers.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really don't want every company under the sun to have a toy to life line.

It's so unnecessary. Especially when all 3 of the current ones have their frustrations.

If companies like Nintendo and Disney can't get it 100 percent right. Microsoft and Sony aren't going to do any better.

D

Deleted member

''Seven" makes me want to find cute ways to cover up years old up spoilers from major Geek things.

"Enemy Relation" for Empire Strikes Back?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I really don't want every company under the sun to have a toy to life line.

It's so unnecessary. Especially when all 3 of the current ones have their frustrations.

If companies like Nintendo and Disney can't get it 100 percent right. Microsoft and Sony aren't going to do any better.
Well, that's business for ya. What succeeds, you rip off do it too.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
the only reason to get RB4 is if you have hundreds of dollars of compatible dlc, but GH Live just looks more fun this time around
My thought, exactly. Both series have their strengths and are focused on different experiences, but GH just looks more to my taste. I'm sure plenty of people will prefer the more familiar experience of RB4.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

"The reverse crying Harp" for Zelda?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't think Nintendo needs a ton of character in Project X Zone and I honestly think this might be it, but I would love just a handful more.

Captain Falcon, Samus, Link (with another character, maybe Zelda), Pit (with pretty much anyone else from Uprising) and Shulk would pretty much be perfect.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN

I remember the days we could put a game in a cd player and the soundtrack would play. Good times.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Microsoft would only be able to make like 10 of their toys-to-life characters.
Yeah, they've got Halo, Minecraft, GOW and Rare IPs. Not a whole lot else. Fable is basically dead, and Twisted Pixel haven't made much for years now.

I can't see them being able to get into an already over crowded market without more huge IPs, not when they're competing with Skylanders which was the 1st, so it has a big built-in fanbase.
Disney which also has use of Pixar, Marvel, Spiderman, Muppets and Indiana Jones (as well as LOST if they ever wanted to use it).
Nintendo, who has a huge array of popular 1st Party IPs and a big foundation of products to use them in.

They'd probably have a better chance of doing it than Sony though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom