• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Four Swords wasn't the first game in 5 years

lolno it's mission based

You played the game then?
Mission based doesn't necessarily mean it's not based on exploration. What kind of insane logic is this?

I haven't played the game, hence I have an open mind. We will only know if the game is good or not when it releases and when people play it.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
People didn't complain about Pinball. Not to mention all your examples had consistent releases whereas Metroid didn't with FF

It turned Samus to a wimp with Daddy Issues, catered to the people who don't like Metroid and wasn't MetroidVania. Also, lol at your statement 'not every game was a MetroidVania'. You had to search your **** yourself, even in Metroid 2 and Hunters
I was more speaking about Federation Force, but since you brought it up, I'll say something about that: Let it go. I don't like Other M either, but it's one lackluster game in a franchise full of great ones reception-wise, that hardly tears it down and it shouldn't have been focused on this much after 5 years. If you keep focusing on the past, you're not going to move forward for the future, and Metroid can't afford to have a fanbase that remains stuck in its hatred.

Also, Hunters falls into the "it wasn't the focus of the game" statement. Hunters you did have to look around for stuff, but for the most part it was an FPS that allowed you to get different weapons, not getting new power-ups for exploration.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Mission based doesn't necessarily mean it's not based on exploration. What kind of insane logic is this?

I haven't played the game, hence I have an open mind. We will only know if the game is good or not when it releases and when people play it.
The interviews gave me that idea then.

I love how you're forgetting I'm going to buy the game to try it out. I also love how you didn't argue about how your Mario and Zelda comparison supposedly works

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Federation Force looks pretty cool. Suppose to expand on the Metroid Prime story and a game based on the Galactic Federation sounds alright. Helps that we have hints towards Metroid Prime 4 on NX.

Anyway, speaking of spin offs, who else is waiting for information on Paper Jam? I've been waiting patiently in hopes that we get another trailer.

Soul.

People are getting so angry over Federation Force for no reason.
Yes, it's understandable that it is not the Metroid game fans were waiting for, but is that seriously a reason to go angry, whining over the game when it was announced 3 months ago at E3, and making a petition to cancel it when said petition hasn't even met its goal?

And no wonder why some people hate the Metroid fanbase.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

People complain about Star Fox Zero beign too similar.
People complain about FF beign too different.

Truly 2 different kinds of people.

I don't really care that much for FF at all and i was somewhat dissapointed when it was revealed. However people should calm down about that game and im willing to give it a chance if i ever get it. Im looking foward to SFZ and i hope the delay means that they are polishing the game more.
Im also Looking foward to Paper Jam.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The interviews gave me that idea then.

I love how you're forgetting I'm going to buy the game to try it out. I also love how you didn't argue about how your Mario and Zelda comparison supposedly works
Do I really need to explain? Haven't the Mario and Zelda series had titles that avert the norm and try new ideas?

Zelda: Four Swords Adventures is also level based instead of having an entire world to explore, yet all levels reward exploration, by having you find items to progress and solving puzzles Zelda-style. This is exactly what Federation Force could be doing: take on established ideas of the franchise and remixing them into new gameplay styles.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
People are getting so angry over Federation Force for no reason.
Yes, it's understandable that it is not the Metroid game fans were waiting for, but is that seriously a reason to go angry, whining over the game when it was announced 3 months ago at E3, and making a petition to cancel it when said petition hasn't even met its goal?

And no wonder why some people hate the Metroid fanbase.
I do agree the petition was ****ing dumb
Other M lackluster

Also, Hunters falls into the "it wasn't the focus of the game" statement. Hunters you did have to look around for stuff, but for the most part it was an FPS that allowed you to get different weapons, not getting new power-ups for exploration.
When a game literally physically hurts mewhen I move because Sakamoto pissed himself at Nunchucks I think it's less than lackluster, especially when it caused the 5 year drought

The weapons were literally stuff like Ice Beam, Plasma beam, etc. not to mention the fact they made a MetroidVania part of it regardless if it was the focus

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

God ****ing dammit I laughed and now I'm upset again.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Do I really need to explain? Haven't the Mario and Zelda series had titles that avert the norm and try new ideas?

Zelda: Four Swords Adventures is also level based instead of having an entire world to explore, yet all levels reward exploration, by having you find items to progress and solving puzzles Zelda-style. This is exactly what Federation Force could be doing: take on established ideas of the franchise and remixing them into new gameplay styles.
Again, Mario and Zelda don't go 5 years sitting in a dungeon to try something new. This comparison simply doesn't work as Metroid doesn't have nearly as much titles whereas Mario and Zelda are given games every few years. The first Metroid drought was 8 years because the story was done, now it's because Nintendo didn't want to release a Metroid game. Next you'll tell me if F-Zero gets a new game but it's a dating sim that fans should be happy because it's called F-Zero

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My second Mario Maker Level is up! It's called silver and gold. It has two different paths,one for gold mario and the other for silver. Try to maker it out of the mine with either metal! It's not that difficult of a stage but has it's moments. It also has some puzzle aspects to it. The Gold course is harder then silver. To access silver, go through the door at the start, to access gold grab the mystery mushroom at the start and head right! I'm really proud of how this stage turned out and would love some feedback. Tell me if you played please! Here is it's code:

D46A-0000-004B-4DD3.

Anyway, Konami is basically dead, well this is a good time to share this:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkcYhKdcA

This guy is trying to tell people that @shinyquagsire23 found data for snake and his stage in the game. He's either delusional or lying.... Found it amusing to read though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Metroid fans should shut up about Other M and let things go. First and only bad game the series got. Big ****ing deal.

Other franchises have had much worse. Once again, I bring Konami.

Again, Mario and Zelda don't go 5 years sitting in a dungeon to try something new. This comparison simply doesn't work as Metroid doesn't have nearly as much titles whereas Mario and Zelda are given games every few years. The first Metroid drought was 8 years because the story was done, now it's because Nintendo didn't want to release a Metroid game. Next you'll tell me if F-Zero gets a new game but it's a dating sim that fans should be happy because it's called F-Zero
F-Zero going to a dating sim is far more drastic than what Federation Force is doing to Metroid. Way to exaggerate things...

I'm done talking about this. It's not going anywhere.

God ****ing dammit I laughed and now I'm upset again.
It's funny because it's true.

D

Deleted member

Federation Force isn't the Metroid game the fans want.
It's the one they deserve

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Metroid fans should shut up about Other M and let things go. First and only bad game the series got. Big ****ing deal.

Other franchises have had much worse. Once again, I bring Konami.

F-Zero going to a dating sim is far more drastic than what Federation Force is doing to Metroid. Way to exaggerate things...

I'm done talking about this. It's not going anywhere.

It's funny because it's true.
lol you're clearly the more mature person by not arguing against my argument twice

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
All I'm going to say about Federation Force is wait until it comes out. If it's good, great. If it's bad, not so great.

Just because it's different doesn't automatically mean it's going to suck.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
lol you're clearly the more mature person by not arguing against my argument twice
Does it look like I care about arguing about a video game that's not even out yet?

I just stated how the overreaction to Federation Force was unwarranted and you started arguing. I get it, you dislike Federation Force. We all get it.

Soul.

Having one lackluster game isn't the end of the world. Metroid fans love to talk **** about their franchise mainly because of one game released in August 2010 for Wii.

If Metroid fans continue acting like this, nobody is going to take them seriously. Federation Force not being a main series Metroid game isn't the end of the world, either---why the sudden rage?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I wanted to bring up something related to Smash. A lot of people have been complaining about Sonic, saying, "Why didn't they change his moveset?" "Why does he just kick and punch rather than using iconic attacks?" "Why does he have his modern appearance rather than his more iconic one?" "Why did they recycle his clips?" Etc. Can someone explain these? :)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Having one lackluster game isn't the end of the world. Metroid fans love to talk **** about their franchise mainly because of one game released in August 2010 for Wii.

If Metroid fans continue acting like this, nobody is going to take them seriously. Federation Force not being a main series Metroid game isn't the end of the world, either---why the sudden rage?
See Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts.

Good game for what it was. Still killed the series because it wan't what fans wanted.

That doesn't make the fans entitled. That would imply that the series is entitled to it's fans money. They teased a Banjo three-ie for ages and then gave a vechile crafting game.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
All I'm going to say about Federation Force is wait until it comes out. If it's good, great. If it's bad, not so great.

Just because it's different doesn't automatically mean it's going to suck.
I agree with this. At the same time though I really don't think it looks very enticing at all.
Also, on a related note, I would much more interested in Tri Force Heroes if instead of everyone playing as Link they had different races (Goron, Deku, Zora, etc. etc.)
They could even have them all be transformed Links.

Like basically a fusion of Four Swords and Majora's Mask would be really really cool.
Although I know this is asking too much.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So I wanted to bring up something related to Smash. A lot of people have been complaining about Sonic, saying, "Why didn't they change his moveset?" "Why does he just kick and punch rather than using iconic attacks?" "Why does he have his modern appearance rather than his more iconic one?" "Why did they recycle his clips?" Etc. Can someone explain these? :)
In regards to moveset it's probably to do with the 2 Spin Dashes on his Specials.
People are dumb.
"Muh classic Sonic is the only Sonic!"
People don't understand that Smash had a very strict development time. Recycling some clips was expected to shave off some time. Voice Actors (especially Roger Craig Smith) have hefty schedules.

Chrono.

Eh this all just seems too similar to the Wind Waker debacle way back then.

And yeah before there's any "But Other M!!!", keep in mind that the last console Zelda game back then was Majora's Mask, which was just as hated for a myriad of reasons. When WW showed up, Zelda fans rioted for being not being OoT and looking """childish""".

Then the game came out and people loved it and fans ate their words, except a big group still hated the toon artstyle so TP happened and then people hated that for being too much like OoT.

My point is that fanbases are unpleasable

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's the Sonic fan base. What did you expect?

Thanks in no small part to series mismanagement (like a clumsy merging of two separate canons and several bad games in the middle of the last decade) the Sonic fanbase is one of the most fractured, especially now that they don't have Nintendo to blame for anything.

Because of this you'll never satisfy them all. If Sonic used his classic design there'd still be complaints.

Chrono.

Sonic actually draws more inspiration from his Classic counterpart than his Modern.

That's why most of his moveset is primarily spindashes, hell, the only thing from the newer games is the Homing Attack.

D

Deleted member

I would just like them to change his Down B because that's pointless with Side B(which is more useful already)
I don't get what their differences are, Side B does a little jump at the start and you can jump around while charging it but I think that's about it

Last edited by a moderator:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Well we're still getting soccer games from Konami. SOCCER BALL FOR KONAMI REP! What? Just because it's already an item doesn't mean it can't be made playable. :troll:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I would just like them to change his Down B because that's pointless with Side B(which is more useful already)
I don't get what their differences are, Side B does a little jump before and you can jump around while charging it but I think that's about it
Down B is a multihit move. It's also faster and can't be shield cancelled.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Here's another complaint, "Why do we have Windy Hill, how about a more iconic stage?"

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
The big problem with Federation Force is the timing. Compare it to Metroid Prime Pinball, an even more off-the-wall spin-off that no one really cared about. Why? Because that one came out when the main series was still kicking. FF is happening when fans are unsure of the series future due to a hiatus after the series' worst game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom