• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Stumbled across this looking up information on the Procube controller. lol

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'd like to see you try to make a child-friendly pachinko about a game that uses a whip as the main weapon.
It's one thing to have a whip as a weapon.

It's another to go with the sexual connotations whips may have.

I don't necessarily mean making it child-friendly, but I don't believe "erotic violence" is the first thing that comes to mind regarding the Castlevania series.

Last edited:

Chrono.

The moment I realized Konami had gone mad was when they announced they'd have a Castlevania pachinko with erotic violence.

There are no words that describe how dumbfounded I was when I read that news.
And before that was turning Castlevania into God of War.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It's one thing to have a whip as a weapon.

It's another to go with the sexual connotations whips may have.

I don't necessarily mean making it child-friendly, but I don't believe "erotic violence" is the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to the Castlevania series.
I see your point.

But I think Konami should sell a few IPs because what's the point of keeping them if you won't make anything new for them anymore?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Maybe ND Cube will run over to the new president and say, "Hey, we know Bomberman better than anyone, buy him from Konami and we'll stay around the clock and produce THE Wii U holiday title that Star Fox Zero was supposed to be." Kimishima be like, "Dayum, you got it boyz."

And that's how Nintendo won E3 2054.

I've never even played Bomberman before, i just like his design and think he'd fit in well with the rest of the Nintendo crew

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Poor Konami. In just one year they went to complete garbage. I just wonder what will happen to those franchises...

The closest thing we got is a rumor that Namco Bandai will purchase the Metal Gear franchise, a rumor that barely has ANYTHING believable to it. Not like I don't want that happening...

I guess I can also say that Snake now has problems getting into Smash with this happening. But I don't care about that now, just hoping the franchise can continue along the other Konami franchise...

Edit: I noticed it said not confirmed yet. So there's still a slight chance this is more false information, which was them leaving console gaming. For now though, I'm leaning more on the true side.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I used to play DDR a lot with my sister, when we went to Utah for the Summer once, there was an arcade with DDR, she even got the high score on this song.
Those were good times, too bad we won't get anymore.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I don't think a lot of people knew about this. I sure didn't. Great article!
I don't think anyone did. I found out about it last week when I was doing the Japanese DLC research :3. Since it only effects Japan, no one in the West knew about it. We are the first site to provide renders too.(Thanks @RandomTBush!)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don't think anyone did. I found out about it last week when I was doing the Japanese DLC research :3. Since it only effects Japan, no one in the West knew about it. We are the first site to provide renders too.(Thanks @RandomTBush!)
They've never explained the Tharja case have they?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Poor Konami. In just one year they went to complete garbage. I just wonder what will happen to those franchises...

The closest thing we got is a rumor that Namco Bandai will purchase the Metal Gear franchise, a rumor that barely has ANYTHING believable to it. Not like I don't want that happening...

I guess I can also say that Snake now has problems getting into Smash with this happening. But I don't care about that now, just hoping the franchise can continue along the other Konami franchise...

Edit: I noticed it said not confirmed yet. So there's still a slight chance this is more false information, which was them leaving console gaming. For now though, I'm leaning more on the true side.
Even if it's fake or not, Snake's position is still in his worst when it comes to Smash.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I see your point.

But I think Konami should sell a few IPs because what's the point of keeping them if you won't make anything new for them anymore?
Insurance. They may not want to do video games now, but if the economy improves and they seen an impending game boom, you can bet your favorite undies (let's assume you wear some) that they'll shove out a new castlevania or metal gear.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Palutena's Censorship article is now up!
@Aeris did the translation! Go check it out!
I'm a little confused to how this was posted in January 2012 when he talks about Wonder Pink trophy in the same article.

And something to ponder about.
When it comes to Kid Icarus Uprising's rating. If the main reason Japan gave a rating of B was because of Hydra's heads being taken off...
How come this weapon was allowed in a E10+ game, which looks to be based on a real-life weapon.

Perhaps it's because it's ridiculous unrealistic compared to the actual flintlock.
I wonder what other weapon is just as ridiculous as the Flintlock Staff.

Hmm..
I may be on to something. :estatic:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm a little confused to how this was posted in January 2012 when he talks about Wonder Pink trophy in the same article.

When it comes to Kid Icarus Uprising's rating. If the main reason Japan gave a rating of B was because of Hydra's heads being taken off...
How come this weapon was allowed in a E10+ game, which looks to be based on a real-life weapon.

Perhaps it's because it's ridiculous unrealistic compared to the actual flintlock.

Hmm..
The fact there's an innuendo between Palutena and Pit is worse honestly as sexuality has always been more taboo than violence, unless it's gore, because Japan doesn't like it

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN

Hmm..
Perhaps because of how old and hard to find they are? I dunno. I've seen plenty of modern riffles in real life, but I've yet to run into a functioning flintlock.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Hmm..
Being a huge an of the game, I think it should've had a T rating, there's a lot of suggestive themes, realistic weapons, and they even mention hell and genocide. A lot of this must've got through the ESRB.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Being a huge an of the game, I think it should've had a T rating, the it's a lot of suggestive themes, realistic weapons, and they even mention help and genocide. A lot of this must've got through the ESRB.
So that's why anime protagonists help people
Because it's a mature and edgy theme :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom