• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I know you guys have acknowledged the unlikelihood of it meaning anything, but......the whole "upcoming game = Smash character" theories have been wrong 100% of the time.

It's not a hint at Sylux DLC, and it sure as hell isn't a hint at Ridley DLC (Like, even if you're on the boat that thinks bosses and Assists can be DLC.....Sakurai explained why Ridley isn't playable. There is absolutely no chance of him ever becoming playable in SSB4 unless someone mods him in).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I know you guys have acknowledged the unlikelihood of it meaning anything, but......the whole "upcoming game = Smash character" theories have been wrong 100% of the time.

It's not a hint at Sylux DLC, and it sure as hell isn't a hint at Ridley DLC (Like, even if you're on the boat that thinks bosses and Assists can be DLC.....Sakurai explained why Ridley isn't playable. There is absolutely no chance of him ever becoming playable in SSB4 unless someone mods him in).
Even if it ends up meaning absolutely nothing the fact that it made it to the eShop to begin with is enough for me.

Just giving the game some extra recognition. Somehow getting Metroid content in Smash the same day would be but a bonus.

Just reiterating that I'm not allowing myself to be blinded. I understand this is a massive coincidence.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Konami digging their own grave deeper.

You don't say?

Pretty much everyone here is saying it's just a coincidence. Take it easy.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

How would you feel if there was a Sylux Mii costume.
On that very day.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So this is major news for absolutely no one?
Hey, the fans of the games still exist. For the company, not so much.

Funny, somehow Konami finds a way to kill itself even more than before.
Funny thing, they were planning this long before considering that all their other ventures with business outside of gaming (pachinko machines, Resorts and others) were pretty successful while gaming is just more of a small function for easy stuff to make money on now, it's gotten bad. By the end of December, Konami won't ever be relevant to gaming outside of Soccer games and mobile trash.

Unless you still like Yugioh

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Sad that Konami goes down like this.

But as Jim Sterling said, Konami is Konami, so I wouldn't expect anything less.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
However, I feel that their bankruptcy will be a result of this.
As much as I want them to, they can't. Their other business investments are going to keep them afloat and Pachinko Machines are damn near dominating in Japan. It's mostly due to gambling laws they have when Pachislots are their only alternative. The only reason people are gonna be stilled pissed off by them is because they own all the gaming IPs fans care about and don't want them to let go of.

Konami will be fine financially and that upsets me because they can't just sell the IPs and go away from gaming

What would then happen to their more famous IPs like Castlevania, Bomberman, PES and Metal Gear?
If they ever go bankrupt, they can just sell them.

Easier scenario for them is that Sony picks up Metal Gear and Silent Hill and they can easily work with Kojima to have his franchise back, Nintendo can actually go after Castlevania and Contra considering their history with both series and having sole possession of Metroid and Castlevania pretty much makes them own that genre. They could easily go after Bomberman but I doubt it.

Stuff like PES can go to Take Two or even another western based company, smaller stuff like Gradius, Bloody Roar and Rocket Knight can easily be at ArcSys.

Although realistically, I still believe Namco-Bandai will take a crack at those Konami franchises. Including Metal Gear

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Well their IPs would go to... *gulp*... ND Cube... Do you know how bad this is?
ah your right we wouldnt want them to make a bomber man game i mean the last retail bomberman game was.....act zero oh well castlevania....was the terribad lords of shadow.......pes is soccer so no loss there and metal gear well can you honestly say a non kojima metal gear will be good (rising had kojima supervision)

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
RIP Konami.

At least Capcom is getting better after all the **** they pulled back in the day. Same with Sega. Konami though...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
At this point I couldn't care less with what Konami does. They've become less and less monocle popping as the days go on. If they want to fizzle out of the gaming industry that's their own choice.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
ND Cube are the ones responsible for Mario Parties 9, Island Tour and 10. That's not a good thing at all.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't see the issue. I mean, I didn't like the car as much as the rest, but it had some merits to it. And besides, everyone has a few crappy games within them, it happens.

Can someone explain what does pranked do?
It means that someone sold your soul to the admins. And thus they will toy with you, your mind, your friends, and presumably your vital organs. All the while with you being distraught over the situation wondering where you went wrong in life.

That, or it makes you purple and changes your title to "Pranked".

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Konami is Konami I guess. I'm not really sure if I have much of an opinion for them, really.

If they want to move on to other things then that's their choice is all I can say I guess.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It means that someone sold your soul to the admins. And thus they will toy with you, your mind, your friends, and presumably your vital organs. All the while with you being distraught over the situation wondering where you went wrong in life.

Best description.

Konami is Konami I guess. I'm not really sure if I have much of an opinion for them, really.

If they want to move on to other things then that's their choice I guess.
I guess you love guessing, I guess.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don't see the issue. I mean, I didn't like the car as much as the rest, but it had some merits to it. And besides, everyone has a few crappy games within them, it happens.

My thoughts on Mario Party 10, Amiibo Party is shoehorned in, it's more luck based than ever, Bowser Party is extremely unbalanced, and they brought back the car. The Mini-games to be fair, could be pretty fun, but their weren't really any stick out ones. However I'll give them props for having Rosalina. Still they could improve, and I'd be down seeing their take on Bomberman.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So now the question is........who pranked me?

The world may never know.....

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I still want to prank someone as well someday before I end my premium.

Just not sure yet when to strike..... And who my victim would be.....:demon:

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Although realistically, I still believe Namco-Bandai will take a crack at those Konami franchises. Including Metal Gear
Wasn't there a rumor that Namco was buying out metal gear? I know it's a 4chan leak but it kind of lines up with this. I thought it was fake due to the job postings for a new metal gear game, but looks like it died with this announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom