• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Imagine how much rage mail would we have from Smash if the Wii U had a proper messaging system.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I would be overjoyed if we got two stages and two charcters on the 30th to end of Pre-ballot DLC.
It would be so Hype.
I'm Thinking Wolf. But the other is up in the air.
And maybe a returning stage.
So here's PSMD's rendition of the Primal Dialga song.

I got chills. I would pay so much money if they brought Spear Pillar back with Dialga being swapped out for his Primal version.
And bringing in Shiny Celebi, Grovyle and Dusknoir.
Hell just give me a mystery dungeon stage.
With this music of course.
Mystery Dungeon > Main stream Titles.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Konami officially leaving the market is sad.

Am I the only one who thinks these patents mean the NX won't come out next year?

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So that three character Geno rumor is bullcrap......biggest reason...............You mean to tell me we are getting THREE third party characters as newcomers, and not one of them is first party? If you include Ryu, that means we got 4 third party characters who were all newcomers.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I saw some people trash talking Nd Cube, but said company is actually formed by former Hudson Soft employees that worked on Mario Party games.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Am I the only one who thinks these patents mean the NX won't come out next year?
I think it's possible it may show up in 2017, they might show the console and its prototype controller at E3 2016 and release it the next year similar to what they did with the Wiiu. Also remember that an early version of the Wiiu gamepad was shown at E3 2011, it had a different design than the final revision so anything that looks weird on the patent won't be the case for the final version.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So that three character Geno rumor is bullcrap......biggest reason...............You mean to tell me we are getting THREE third party characters as newcomers, and not one of them is first party? If you include Ryu, that means we got 4 third party characters who were all newcomers.
That's not really a substantial reason.
I think a bigger point against it is that one of the third parties is Geno.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
To be honest I don't care about their chances in Smash; I just want to know if they still have a future in gaming.
Unless someone buys them from Konami, I doubt it.

I saw some people trash talking Nd Cube, but said company is actually formed by former Hudson Soft employees that worked on Mario Party games.
What? You're telling me that the people that ruined the series are the same who made it great?

I.......I have no words....

Well actually, if ND Cube has ownership of the IPs, that would mean in turn that Nintendo would own Konami.
ND Cube does not.

Chrono.

I beat all of the NWC courses! So I unlocked the Luigi Mushroom.

Now if I could just put it to good use...

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So Konami is stopping all AAA production? Well, better than them making ****ty games in the future.

Chrono.

Stuff like PES can go to Take Two or even another western based company, smaller stuff like Gradius, Bloody Roar and Rocket Knight can easily be at ArcSys.

Although realistically, I still believe Namco-Bandai will take a crack at those Konami franchises. Including Metal Gear
Bloody Roar at ArcSys would be amazing.

Also, whatever happened to that Namco leak from awhile back that said they bought out Metal Gear?

Soul.

So... Konami is dead.
Well they were already dead the moment MGSV came out. iirc they treat their employees like **** too?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
So... Konami is dead.
Well they were already dead the moment MGSV came out. iirc they treat their employees like **** too?
That they do

To be honest, I can't say I'm sadden by this news. Konami has already stopped AAA production outside of MGS since... I don't know. I don't think this is anything new at all.

The Konami we knew died 5 or so years ago.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Not sure what rumour you're referring to but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we only got 3rd Party newcomers and veterans as DLC. I see it as a real possibility.

But not a chance that Geno will be one of them.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
If I must say something about Geno as a character.

I don't hate him.

I don't even hate his inclusion in Smash.

Hell, if he did happen, I wouldn't care.

But when it just boils down to how much I could see him happen...He has a Ridley of a chance... But despite that, I'll respect anyone's wants and wishes and won't judge them otherwise. It's just in my nature to not spite others wants and call their characters out because of my own perspectives.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Bloody Roar at ArcSys would be amazing.

Also, whatever happened to that Namco leak from awhile back that said they bought out Metal Gear?
Not much. All it just said was Namco-Bandai was interested in Metal Gear and Metal Gear alone.

That they do

To be honest, I can't say I'm sadden by this news. Konami has already stopped AAA production outside of MGS since... I don't know. I don't think this is anything new at all.

The Konami we knew died 5 or so years ago.
They died when the HD collection of Silent Hill was absolutely disgusting and the last game I bought from them was Metal Gear Rising and that's more of a Platinum game than a Konami/Kojima game.

D

Deleted member

I guess it isn't criminal for me to say that the only Konami games I bought this year so far were the NES, SNES, and GBA Castlevania games on the Wii U eShop and Hard Corps: Uprising for my PS3.

Yeah, Konami is officially dead to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Why do you feel so?
A few reasons.
- Negotiating licensing fees is probably easier when the character is sold individually.
- Sakurai views 3rd Party characters as an extra, he views DLC as the same. 3rd Party characters don't have a stigma to them like 1st party characters do. I'm yet to see complaints about how Ryu should have been on the disc, or that he was cut content. I've seen such theories and complaints about Lucas and Mewtwo in particular.
- Guest characters as DLC in fighting games is pretty much the norm now. And they apparently greatly outsell 1st party characters. Freddie in MK9, Scorpion in Injustice etc.
- All of the proper newcomers in Mario Kart's DLC were guest characters. Having Link in Mario Kart is almost exactly like having a Sonic or Pac-Man in Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

I think people overreact the Konami situation
MGS has been their only selling title for a while, it was only a matter of time until they gave up completely
And they can do this, because Pachinko maked money as much as people are irritated by it

D

Deleted member

For the record, not making AAA games are just a game with a huge budget, right? Might be a good thing tbh.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The moment I realized Konami had gone mad was when they announced they'd have a Castlevania pachinko with erotic violence.

There are no words that describe how dumbfounded I was when I read that news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom