• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Perhaps because of how old and hard to find they are? I dunno. I've seen plenty of modern riffles in real life, but I've yet to run into a functioning flintlock.
I don't think it's that, raters would obviously be cautious with guns appearing in the game. Perhaps they see the weapon as fantasy weapon than it looking like a real gun. If Bayonetta were to be in the game, I personally think they would modify her gun design a bit to avoid problems with ESRB, PEGI, and CERO.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'm a little confused to how this was posted in January 2012 when he talks about Wonder Pink trophy in the same article.

And something to ponder about.
When it comes to Kid Icarus Uprising's rating. If the main reason Japan gave a rating of B was because of Hydra's heads being taken off...
How come this weapon was allowed in a E10+ game, which looks to be based on a real-life weapon.

Perhaps it's because it's ridiculous unrealistic compared to the actual flintlock.
I wonder what other weapon is just as ridiculous as the Flintlock Staff.

Hmm..
I may be on to something. :estatic:
The reflection part was written for Sakurai’s book. Same deal with the Ice Climbers quote.

No. Palutena turned a handicapped thing that saved her and her army, being the only thing that cold do say and she be like 'like, you totally took too long'
Yeah but this shows how Palutena isn't exactly right in the head just like the old Olympian gods. Putting Pit in unnecessary danger is kind of her thing. This was just the beginning the way it should be :p

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
So I started listening to the Pokemon: Super Mystery Dungeon music and Im in love and I also Pre downloaded Happy Home Designer
I've heard a lot of people saying they'd get Happ Home Designer. It's funny considering many of them were bashing it for not being a "real" animal crossing. I think the same will happen for Federation Force, though not to the same extent. People's main complaint was that it wasn't a "real" Metroid game, even though a lot of people said it was fun or at the very least ok. The main complaint was the use of the metroid IP, not the game itself lol.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I've heard a lot of people saying they'd get Happ Home Designer. It's funny considering many of them were bashing it for not being a "real" animal crossing. I think the same will happen for Federation Force, though not to the same extent. People's main complaint was that it wasn't a "real" Metroid game, even though a lot of people said it was fun or at the very least ok. The main complaint was the use of the metroid IP, not the game itself lol.
I'm gonna laugh if every game that was bashed at E3 releasing in 2015 manages to get large amount of success with Yokai Watch, Happy Home Designer, Xenoblade, Yoshi's Wooley World, Triforce Heroes, Skylanders.
Skylanders, Happy Home Designer, Triforce Heroes, and Yokai Watch I'm confident will be a decent success.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think it looks pretty fun looking I would get it if I liked Metroid.

Its funny how I do see those people going " Oh HHD looks so bad" And then they buy it.

Or those people that say Animal Crossing takes up all their time... all while spending all day on the computer

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

During NWC:
"Wow, this game looks cool, it also looks very similar to Metroid, they should just rename it Metroid Soccer already"
After E3 presentation:
"Wtf Nintendo? That's not what we asked, we want a real Metroid game not some dumb **** like this"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm gonna laugh if every game that was bashed at E3 releasing in 2015 manages to get large amount of success with Yokai Watch, Happy Home Designer, Xenoblade, Yoshi's Wooley World, Triforce Heroes, Skylanders.
Skylanders, Happy Home Designer, Triforce Heroes, and Yokai Watch I'm confident will be a decent success.
Xenoblade, Woolley World and Triforce Heroes never got bashed
The reason people complain about it being Metroid was because it'sbeen 5 years since the last game, which was Other M. Before that was Prime 3 in 2007. It was dumb to make a spinoff the first game since

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Xenoblade, Woolley World and Triforce Heroes never got bashed

The reason people complain about it being Metroid was because it'sbeen 5 years since the last game, which was Other M. Before that was Prime 3 in 2007. It was dumb to make a spinoff the first game since
Woolly World got bashed for taking a noticeable portion of the E3 Direct.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I remember when Amiibo Festival and Happy Home Designer showed up I was so damn excited for it

Then some person had the nerve to message me on here saying " I saw those two Animal Crossing games and worried about you :( "

I never rolled my eyes so hard in my life

Last edited:

Chrono.

But the only game that got any real "bashing" on E3 was Federation Force.

Triforce Heroes was always viewed in a positive light, and Woolly World wasn't really bashed as much as people were tired of it being in every single direct.

I thought the AC game people hated was amiibo festival, back when HHD was announced things seemed pretty calm.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Woolly World got bashed for taking a noticeable portion of the E3 Direct.
Well it did. They told us literally nothing new about it at all. Mario Maker got bashed for the same reason except we learnt new stuff.

Only Xenoblade and the FE stuff were the good parts of Nintendo's E3 for me. Everything else was worse than EA's snooze fest.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
But the only game that got any real "bashing" on E3 was Federation Force.

Triforce Heroes was always viewed in a positive light, and Woolly World wasn't really bashed as much as people were tired of it being in every single direct.

I thought the AC game people hated was amiibo festival, back when HHD was announced things seemed pretty calm.
Its strange, I haven't seen much hate speech on Amiibo Festival lately

D

Deleted member

I would be more excited for amiibo Festival if there were minigames
And you weren't forced to use amiibos
Well there is people that wont touch TFH because link is in a dress so there is that
That's like, the whole point of it, wtf?

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
People complain about everything. How surprising... :rolleyes:

Tri Force Heroes seems as innovative to the Zelda formula as A Link Between Worlds.

Those along with Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, as well as the GBC titles via eShop make the 3DS a great system for Zelda fans. :grin:

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I believe in Platinum.

...Not that it matters now.
I got faith in Platinum but like I said, Konami would have found a way. Especially considering there isn't a new director for the series as of now.

They can and will screw it up.

Tri Force Heroes seems as innovative to the Zelda formula as A Link Between Worlds.

Those along with Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, as well as the GBC titles via eShop make the 3DS a great system for Zelda fans. :grin:
>Forgetting Hyrule Warriors

C'mon man

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The whole reveal for Amiibo Festival was a giant troll, it built it up as AC U but then just said **** you it's a party game. Don't hate it, just how it was introduced. No other game was introduced like that.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
The reason people complain about it being Metroid was because it's been 5 years since the last game, which was Other M. Before that was Prime 3 in 2007. It was dumb to make a spinoff the first game since
They know good and well that they're gonna get a mainline Metroid in the future. I give zero sharts about their last game release date, especially when other franchises have not had releases in an even longer amount of time and/or are essentially dead and don't even get recognized in Nintendo's major crossover. At the end of the day it's just a sense of entitlement: I deserve what I want now!

They'll get no sympathy from me:4myfriends:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Committing sudoku is painful.

And yeah, Metroid fans should at least appreciate they're getting a new game and that there's more in the works. Plenty of other Nintendo series have been in a far worse state than Metroid, such as F-Zero, Advance Wars or Golden Sun.

Sure, would it have been better if they actually released a main game instead of a spin-off, but at least, the series remains alive.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Especially if you got Minish Cap as part of the Embassador program :D.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The moment I realized Konami had gone mad was when they announced they'd have a Castlevania pachinko with erotic violence.

There are no words that describe how dumbfounded I was when I read that news.
STILL waiting for Bomberman: Act Zero - Erotic Explosions.

Just look at those heels!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Especially if you got Minish Cap as part of the Embassador program :D.
Don't remind me of that. Can you imagine how I felt that GBA games were added for the Virtual Console... ON THE Wii U AND NOT 3DS??

Minish Cap is also one of the few Zelda games I haven't played, the other being A Link to the Past.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
They know good and well that they're gonna get a mainline Metroid in the future. I give zero sharts about their last game release date, especially when other franchises have not had releases in an even longer amount of time and/or are essentially dead and don't even get recognized in Nintendo's major crossover. At the end of the day it's just a sense of entitlement: I deserve what I want now!

Committing sudoku is painful.

And yeah, Metroid fans should at least appreciate they're getting a new game and that there's more in the works. Plenty of other Nintendo series have been in a far worse state than Metroid, such as F-Zero, Advance Wars or Golden Sun.

Sure, would it have been better if they actually released a main game instead of a spin-off, but at least, the series remains alive.
Yes. We should be happy that the 2 newest games exist despite ****ting on makes Metroid what it is. Truly, we are entitled because we want a Metroid game to be a MetroidVania

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

I think it's more of this:
"We want to wipe the taste of crap out of our mouth after Other M and we want it now"

It's was never about being patient it's about the fact that Metroid fans never experienced a bad game like Other M before and don't want to believe their Franchise is dead.

Fans have even a worst situation of waiting on a good game. Silent Hill fans are gonna keep waiting for their good game they haven't experienced since SH3 (or in some cases 4), Star Fox fans are worst considering majority of them haven't gotten their good game since 64 and even other franchises went through worst (hint hint :4sonic::4yoshi:)

Metroid act like victims so much that they forget they're spoiled as ****. Nintendo cares so much that they would rather TAKE THEIR TIME AND MAKE BETTER GAMES than push out bull**** like its Mario and Pokemon. That franchise still gets a lot of recognition, merchandise and support.

I love Metroid but I don't want the series to become the equivalent of Ass Creed where games get pumped out the wazoo because they wanna forget Other M that badly.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
"We want to wipe the taste of crap out of our mouth after Other M and we want it now"

It's was never about being patient it's about the fact that Metroid fans never experienced a bad game like Other M before and don't want to believe their Franchise is dead.

Fans have even a worst situation of waiting on a good game. Silent Hill fans are gonna keep waiting for their good game they haven't experienced since SH3 (or in some cases 4), Star Fox fans are worst considering majority of them haven't gotten their good game since 64 and even other franchises went through worst (hint hint :4sonic::4yoshi:)

Metroid act like victims so much that they forget they're spoiled as ****. Nintendo cares so much that they would rather TAKE THEIR TIME AND MAKE BETTER GAMES than push out bull**** like its Mario and Pokemon. That franchise still gets a lot of recognition, merchandise and support.

I love Metroid but I don't want the series to become the equivalent of *** Creed where games get pumped out the wazoo because they wanna forget Other M that badly.
It doesn't take 5+ years to make a good Metroid game. Notice how people were satisfied from Fusion till post Other M

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Yes. We should be happy that the 2 newest games exist despite ****ting on makes Metroid what it is. Truly, we are entitled because we want a Metroid game to be a MetroidVania
How does it "****" on whatever Metroid is? It's not the first game in the franchise to not be a Metroidvania and/or not have that aspect as the focus, and the point of it is to explore different options and expand on the universe of Metroid, which is hardly the worst thing that the franchise could get right now. A main game would be nice, I won't disagree, but treating this spin-off like an abomination is being completely dismissive of what its intent is and what it could bring to the franchise. Especially considering that, for those who have tried it instead of just writing it off, it seems to be a good game that does what it sets out to do.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wait, Mario can get games of all genres. Same thing for Pokémon. Even Zelda does a lot of experimental stuff, especially with series like Four Swords or some handheld titles.

But the sacred Metroid series must remain untouched! Heaven forbid developers trying new ideas for the franchise.

From what I've seen of Federation Force, it doesn't seem to be too different from the Metroid Prime games and clear ties to the Metroid universe, just with a stronger multiplayer focus. I fail to see anything that remotely justifies the uproar.

You know who are in an uproar for damn legit reasons? Konami franchises' fans.

I love Metroid but I don't want the series to become the equivalent of *** Creed where games get pumped out the wazoo because they wanna forget Other M that badly.
This so much.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Wait, Mario can get games of all genres. Same thing for Pokémon. Even Zelda does a lot of experimental stuff, especially with series like Four Swords or some handheld titles.

But the sacred Metroid series must remain untouched! Heaven forbid developers trying new ideas for the franchise.

From what I've seen of Federation Force, it doesn't seem to be too different from the Metroid Prime games and clear ties to the Metroid universe, just with a stronger multiplayer focus.

This so much.
People didn't complain about Pinball. Not to mention all your examples had consistent releases whereas Metroid didn't with FF
How does it "****" on whatever Metroid is? It's not the first game in the franchise to not be a Metroidvania and/or not have that aspect as the focus, and the point of it is to explore different options and expand on the universe of Metroid, which is hardly the worst thing that the franchise could get right now. A main game would be nice, I won't disagree, but treating this spin-off like an abomination is being completely dismissive of what its intent is and what it could bring to the franchise. Especially considering that, for those who have tried it instead of just writing it off, it seems to be a good game that does what it sets out to do.
It turned Samus to a wimp with Daddy Issues, catered to the people who don't like Metroid and wasn't MetroidVania. Also, lol at your statement 'not every game was a MetroidVania'. You had to search your **** yourself, even in Metroid 2 and Hunters

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If anything, Federation Force may be to Metroid what Four Swords is to Zelda.

Co-op multiplayer games with emphasis on exploration exist.

People are judging the game far too early. Most of the complaints come from people who haven't even played the damn game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If anything, Federation Force may be to Metroid what Four Swords is to Zelda.

Co-op multiplayer games with emphasis on exploration exist.

People are judging the game far too early. Most of the complaints come from people who haven't even played the damn game.
Four Swords wasn't the first game in 5 years

lolno it's mission based

You played the game then?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Don't remind me of that. Can you imagine how I felt that GBA games were added for the Virtual Console... ON THE Wii U AND NOT 3DS??

Minish Cap is also one of the few Zelda games I haven't played, the other being A Link to the Past.
I'd never played it either. And it's SO good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom