• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Btw @Burb, if Wolf is reveled on the 30th, you are prepared to vote for the entire Nintenzone users most wanted chracters right? :happysheep:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Fact: all characters in Smash have at least one move taken from their original games.

Mega Man and Mr. Game & Watch are the only characters whose entire moveset references other games. Captain Falcon is the extreme opposite, only having one move inspired by the F-Zero series.
If you want to get technical Mega Man's get up attack and ledge attack aren't based on anything. The one Falcon move being the final smash?

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Fact: all characters in Smash have at least one move taken from their original games.

Mega Man and Mr. Game & Watch are the only characters whose entire moveset references other games. Captain Falcon is the extreme opposite, only having one move inspired by the F-Zero series.
I'd say Doc is in the same boat as Falcon. The pills are are the only thing that is from the Dr. Mario series.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Regarding the Federation Force argument, I agree the general reaction to it has been needlessly vitriolic, but countering the complaints with "fans of other series have it worse!" is fallacious in itself.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
More trivia:
- Marth and Roy's Critical Hit Final Smashes are critical hit animations from their respective debut games
- After using Shield Breaker, Lucina briefly makes her usual battle stance from Awakening
- Chrom has plenty of unique animations during his cameo in Robin's Final Smash

If you want to get technical Mega Man's get up attack and ledge attack aren't based on anything. The one Falcon move being the final smash?
Well, you get the point.

And yeah, the one Captain Falcon move is the Final Smash.

I'd say Doc is in the same boat as Falcon. The pills are are the only thing that is from the Dr. Mario series.
Yep. Though technically, you can count him as being Mario and a lot of his cloned moves are still taken from actual Mario games, used by the man himself.

Strictly going by the Dr. Mario games, only the neutral special counts, with the Final Smash being an exaggerated version of the same concept.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
More trivia:
- Marth and Roy's Critical Hit Final Smashes are critical hit animations from their respective debut games
- After using Shield Breaker, Lucina briefly makes her usual battle stance from Awakening
- Chrom has plenty of unique animations during his cameo in Robin's Final Smash

Well, you get the point.

And yeah, the one Captain Falcon move is the Final Smash.

Yep. Though technically, you can count him as being Mario and a lot of his cloned moves are still taken from actual Mario games, used by the man himself.

Strictly going by the Dr. Mario games, only the neutral special counts, with the Final Smash being an exaggerated version of the game concept.
There is R. O.B. and his gyro. Would Sheik's up B count as her vanishing from Ocarina, despite not using a Deku nut?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Actually, on the topic of Mega Man music.

I'd like to know why Bubble Man's theme isn't in the game at all.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Sad that it's impossible to have a positive opinion on a game such as Federation Force without being blasted with things such as "I HATE YOU", "you would" or whatever.

But it's the internet, I wouldn't expect anything less.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There is R. O.B. and his gyro. Would Sheik's up B count as her vanishing from Ocarina, despite not using a Deku nut?
Yeah, well, the Deku Nut may not be there, but the fact she has that ability certainly comes from Ocarina. She vanishes in a puff of smoke, just like the original game. The Light Arrow, while not used by Sheik, is still taken from the Zelda games. Given that Zelda uses them and that Sheik is Zelda, well...

And yeah, R.O.B.'s Gyro spin is only thing relating to his source material. The rest is all made up.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
More trivia:
For Marth that's not entirely true. Falchion would attract sparkles and Marth would do something like a jump-slash in FE1. Here, Marth stabs foes in the neck, he never did that in a crit animation
Roy should have had a projectile as it's one of the few things in FE about him that isn't ****
ALSO **** ROY IN FE

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Sad that it's impossible to have a positive opinion on a game such as Federation Force without being blasted with things such as "I HATE YOU", "you would" or whatever.

I think it looks really cool. Just means those haters don't get to experience the joy of multiplayer bounties.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Warning Received: Spam (Not meaningful)
What is happening?

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Yeah, well, the Deku Nut may not be there, but the fact she has that ability certainly comes from Ocarina. She vanishes in a puff of smoke, just like the original game. The Light Arrow, while not used by Sheik, is still taken from the Zelda games. Given that Zelda uses them and that Sheik is Zelda, well...

And yeah, R.O.B.'s Gyro spin is only thing relating to his source material. The rest is all made up.
The thing I like about R.O.B is that while most of the moves are made up, there are certain parts to his moves and animations that are just like a R.O.B..

Now that I think about it, I actually realize how weird it would be not seeing R.O.B in Smash. Idk, something to him makes him feel like a nice addition.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Megaman?

Well, here's an unpopular opinion;

I never got into Megaman and don't plan to nor really want to. I really respect the series, it's amazing, but I've never been a fan.
Then again, I used to think the same about MGS. Maybe I'll try Megaman sometime.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627

The "you would" was me and i was kidding. I sincerely apologize for not making that clearer. I've beaten all of the Metroid games and am a fan of the series.

For those of you who don't understand why Federation Force is a Prime game, remember these guys in Prime 3?

And now the FF designs:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
For Marth that's not entirely true. Falchion would attract sparkles and Marth would do something like a jump-slash in FE1. Here, Marth stabs foes in the neck, he never did that in a crit animation
Roy should have had a projectile as it's one of the few things in FE about him that isn't ****
ALSO **** ROY IN FE
You really are nitpicky and salty all the time, aren't you? Calm down.

Why must everything I say be met with overreaction from you?

I wonder why I haven't put you in the ignore list, but at this rate, it won't be long before it happens... >_>

The thing I like about R.O.B is that while most of the moves are made up, there are certain parts to his moves and animations that are just like a R.O.B..

Now that I think about it, I actually realize how weird it would be not seeing R.O.B in Smash. Idk, something to him makes him feel like a nice addition.
R.O.B. is a really nice addition, indeed. I like the idea of giving him laser beams, rocket boosters and all kinds of robot-like stuff.

He's kind of cute, in his own robotic way.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I wonder why I haven't put you in the ignore list, but at this rate, it won't be long before it happens... >_>
The only aggressive part of this wasn't even directed at you but Roy, I was pointing out how that wasn't entirely true and it's a nitpick I have with Smash. Had you been any other person I'd have reacted the same on this

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The only aggressive part of this wasn't even directed at you but Roy, I was pointing out how that wasn't entirely true and it's a nitpick I have with Smash. Had you been any other person I'd have reacted the same on this
To be fair though you do get into arguments and swear a lot, and impressions are everything.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Funny thing, :4littlemac: moveset is made up from almost everything except for Down-Special, which is really due to how boxers can counterattack and Punch Out relies on those ALOT and his final Smash, Giga Mac.

However he's probably one of he only characters where his moveset inspiration is from games outside his franchise AND company.

His moveset is based off of fighting games portrayal of boxing and boxers, specifically Street Fighter. Half of his moves were inspired from Balrog and Dudley.
  • Mac's idle stance is similar to Dudley's
  • Mac's FSmash is like Balrog's turnaround punch
  • His Neutral B (not a full charge) is like Balrog's Dash Straight
  • Dudley's Uppercut is the basis for Mac's Up-B
  • Balrog crouching light punch is the basis for Mac's Dtilt
  • Mac's Pummel is similar to Dudley's throw and His Back Throw is similar to one of Balrog's throws.
He's a literal fighting game character from design. Now most of that might be coincidence but damn they had to some inspiration from those moves

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

R.O.B. is a really nice addition, indeed. I like the idea of giving him laser beams, rocket boosters and all kinds of robot-like stuff.

He's kind of cute, in his own robotic way.
The best part is when he wins and you just see him raise his hands up and down victoriously. It's like a little kid and its adorable lol.

There's a lot of victory animations I like. Ganondorf, Luigi, Little Mac, Ryu, Dr. Mario, and Wario are my favorites. If I had to choose though, it would probably be Wario for me. He's just so disrespectful when he wins and its so insulting. :4wario:

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Frostwraith said I was acting like that + salty on that specific post despite that being untrue. I'm incredibly brash, yes, but not every post is brash
You do sound very salty with that. I mean, "**** ROY IN FE". Come on. That sounds incredibly salty.

A good chunk of your posts, nearly everywhere I might add, are brash, and not every person is as tolerant as you may believe.

I'll bet you anything that more than a few people take issue with that but keep quiet to not be on bad terms.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You do sound very salty with that. I mean, "**** ROY IN FE". Come on. That sounds incredibly salty.

A good chunk of your posts, nearly everywhere I might add, are brash, and not every person is as tolerant as you may believe.

I'll bet you anything that more than a few people take issue with that but keep quiet to not be on bad terms.
Except it's a genuine fact Roy's garbage in FE

if people have a problem, then staying quiet literally fixes nothing. Do I really need to be the one to tell people to sort stuff out? Besides, I don't hold grudges unless someone does some bull**** all the time

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I just heard the news that Star Fox Zero got delayed. Did they give a reason for it?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Marth's Critical Hit having him running stupidly fast forward is an interesting mechanic: you risk an SD with it, but if it hits the foe, it's almost always an instant KO. High risk, high reward.

The best part is when he wins and you just see him raise his hands up and down victoriously. It's like a little kid and its adorable lol.

There's a lot of victory animations I like. Ganondorf, Luigi, Little Mac, Ryu, Dr. Mario, and Wario are my favorites. If I had to choose though, it would probably be Wario for me. He's just so disrespectful when he wins and its so insulting. :4wario:
Wario and Ganondorf's evil laughs are very disrespectful.

Wario's clapping animation is also funny (and disrespectful).

Funny thing, :4littlemac: moveset is made up from almost everything except for Down-Special, which is really due to how boxers can counterattack and Punch Out relies on those ALOT and his final Smash, Giga Mac.

However he's probably one of he only characters where his moveset inspiration is from games outside his franchise AND company.

His moveset is based off of fighting games portrayal of boxing and boxers, specifically Street Fighter. Half of his moves were inspired from Balrog and Dudley.
  • Mac's Pummel is similar to Dudley's throw and His Back Throw is similar to one of Balrog's throws.
He's a literal fighting game character from design. Now most of that might be coincidence but damn they had to some inspiration from those moves
Well, they are all boxers, so it makes sense for them to have similarities. Some of their moves may be taken from actual boxing.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627

Where was the KO Punch?

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

I think Dark Pit's "Can't help but feel sorry for you" victory is the most rage inducing.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Marth's Critical Hit having him running stupidly fast forward is an interesting mechanic: you risk an SD with it, but if it hits the foe, it's almost always an instant KO. High risk, high reward.
Also, fun fact: In FE1 you could miss crits, and hitting B would make Marth stop dead in his tracks. I think that might have been intentional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom