• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Except it's a genuine fact Roy's garbage in FE
Tell me what sounds more respectful:

"**** ROY IN FE"

or

"I dislike Roy. He's garbage."

It's just a matter of how you say things that gets on people's nerves. A change of attitude would help in that regard.

I don't hold grudges unless someone does some bull**** all the time
Again, wording and brashness. I fail to understand how you don't see this.

I'll leave it here because I'd rather not incite flame war, I think I've made my point.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You really are nitpicky and salty all the time, aren't you? Calm down.

Why must everything I say be met with overreaction from you?

I wonder why I haven't put you in the ignore list, but at this rate, it won't be long before it happens... >_>

R.O.B. is a really nice addition, indeed. I like the idea of giving him laser beams, rocket boosters and all kinds of robot-like stuff.

He's kind of cute, in his own robotic way.
Yo dude, come on, this is just going to start a pointless argument.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Anyway.

I think it looks really cool. Just means those haters don't get to experience the joy of multiplayer bounties.
Doesn't look like a bounty system to me, honestly. Looks like it follows Republic Commando more than anything. Not that it's a problem since I love that game.

The "you would" was me and i was kidding. I sincerely apologize for not making that clearer. I've beaten all of the Metroid games and am a fan of the series.
A simple emoticon or "kappa" would have helped. You really don't have visual aid apart from that on the internet.

Regardless, apology accepted.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Tell me what sounds more respectful:

"**** ROY IN FE"

or

"I dislike Roy. He's garbage."

It's just a matter of how you say things that gets on people's nerves. A change of attitude would help in that regard.

Again, wording and brashness. I fail to understand how you don't see this.

I'll leave it here because I'd rather not incite flame war, I think I've made my point.
I hate Roy to the extent that the slightest nudge of respect to him makes me feel like I need a 30 minute shower

While I'm brash, it shouldn't be a reason for people to not call me out when I'm bull****ting, people have done it before, those being people I like too

Er...I doubt this could even be considered a flamewar as we're both being respectful to eachother. Unless the flame's from Durandel, the Not-Blazing sword

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of Critical Hits, I really wish we had a character with a mechanic like that.
Having a random chance if dealing extra damage
The competitive community would hate it

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Funny thing, :4littlemac: moveset is made up from almost everything except for Down-Special, which is really due to how boxers can counterattack and Punch Out relies on those ALOT and his final Smash, Giga Mac.

However he's probably one of he only characters where his moveset inspiration is from games outside his franchise AND company.

His moveset is based off of fighting games portrayal of boxing and boxers, specifically Street Fighter. Half of his moves were inspired from Balrog and Dudley.
  • Mac's idle stance is similar to Dudley's
  • Mac's FSmash is like Balrog's turnaround punch
  • His Neutral B (not a full charge) is like Balrog's Dash Straight
  • Dudley's Uppercut is the basis for Mac's Up-B
  • Balrog crouching light punch is the basis for Mac's Dtilt
  • Mac's Pummel is similar to Dudley's throw and His Back Throw is similar to one of Balrog's throws.
He's a literal fighting game character from design. Now most of that might be coincidence but damn they had to some inspiration from those moves
Mac's Dash attack is also really similar to Balrog's dashing overhead.
His high and low variations of his FSmash look familiar as well.

Granted, his entire moveset consists of punching, so there's bound to be some similarities. Still, Sakurai's inner SF fan shines through with Mac.

Chrono.

Speaking of Critical Hits, I really wish we had a character with a mechanic like that.
Pichu could have something like that

Higher the damage = Higher the chance for a critical hit

or something

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Where was the KO Punch?
The KO Punch, is probably the most accurate and and inaccurate move Mac has and while I forgot it, it's probably due to this:

The KO meter in the arcade games and Super Punch Out doesn't work like it does in Smash.

1. Mac's meter builds up faster when hit or attacked when the meter should decrease because you keep the meter up by attacking and not being hit.
  2. The KO meter doesn't create a OHKO punch but a more powerful punch. Not even a Star Punch would do that. And the punch is moreso either an Uppercut or multiple body blows.
  3. Once you use the KO punch, it doesn't drain. EVER. If you're good, you can use the KO punches multiple times as long as you don't get hit

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Luigi and Game & Watch.
Though I could see Lyn having such a mechanic seeing as she's basically a Swordmaster which are known for dem critz.
Or we have a TF2 character

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Imagine if that effect was for every move though
Mac's Dash attack is also really similar to Balrog's dashing overhead.
His high and low variations of his FSmash look familiar as well.

Granted, his entire moveset consists of punching, so there's bound to be some similarities. Still, Sakurai's inner SF fan shines through with Mac.
Inb4 Sakurai says '**** you guys, if you didn't ask for Little Mac I'd have had Bison in Smash!'

Soul.

I know you're talking about Fire Emblem but it'd be funny to have a Pokémon that has a Critical Hit gimmick.

D

Deleted member

Little Mac's moveset isn't based off SF characters
Both are based off real life boxing, so it's bound to have similarities

Marth is also a character that takes from real life, fighting with a fencing style
I meant in EVERY move
But I guess Game and Watch comes close to it

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Funny thing, :4littlemac: moveset is made up from almost everything except for Down-Special, which is really due to how boxers can counterattack and Punch Out relies on those ALOT and his final Smash, Giga Mac.

However he's probably one of he only characters where his moveset inspiration is from games outside his franchise AND company.

His moveset is based off of fighting games portrayal of boxing and boxers, specifically Street Fighter. Half of his moves were inspired from Balrog and Dudley.
  • Mac's idle stance is similar to Dudley's
  • Mac's FSmash is like Balrog's turnaround punch
  • His Neutral B (not a full charge) is like Balrog's Dash Straight
  • Dudley's Uppercut is the basis for Mac's Up-B
  • Balrog crouching light punch is the basis for Mac's Dtilt
  • Mac's Pummel is similar to Dudley's throw and His Back Throw is similar to one of Balrog's throws.
He's a literal fighting game character from design. Now most of that might be coincidence but damn they had to some inspiration from those moves
I despise Giga Mac. You got this perfectly average lightweight boxer, the underdog, who went the distance against Iron Mike, despite all odds, and, oh yeah, he can turn into the Hulk.

It was awful in Punch-Out Wii but it's worse in Smash, because at least in Punch-Out its relegated to a side mode.

D

Deleted member

I know you're talking about Fire Emblem but it'd be funny to have a Pokémon that has a Critical Hit gimmick.
Weavile with Super Luck anyone?
Luigi and Game & Watch.
Though I could see Lyn having such a mechanic seeing as she's basically a Swordmaster which are known for dem critz.
Or we have a TF2 character
Forgot Luigi had his Side B
Lyn would be cool simply for being a swordmaster AKA best FE class
Guys, I'm pretty sure that Mac is based off a certain Jojos character if you know what I mean :smirk:
And Dong Bender is clearly based off Whammu
And Captain Falcon is ACDC

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I wonder if Namco having all this representation will prevent them from having a second character?

D

Deleted member

Maybe make it a feature of the amiibos.
"Luigi got a Green Missile misfire out of his love for his owner!"
Smash Amie confirmed
Can't wait to pet Luigi's nose :troll:
Speaking of Lyn, her Mani Katti crit animation is perfect for a hypothetical Nintendo VS Capcom

How is Falcon Esidisi? :troll:
Real talk tho, we need a Cars expy
Quick, find a Nintendo character with armblades!
Hold on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom