• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
New leak, gais and gals

@BluePikmin11 @Geno Boost you might wanna see this

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/310219390/i-can-say-with-100-certainty-that-shovel-knight

I was in the same boat as you and probably still is but you will find that LP group you like, remember what I said, GROUP.

One person LPing a game isn't fun to watch at all and two can be as bad as one

I hope someone gets that reference
I would genuinely be unhappy with ballot DLC if this is what we got. Thankfully it isn't true :)

Also he claims to have pics/video. INB4 smashified art

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yes I have, I saw BrainScratch play the game. Looks interesting, but I don't recognize any of the characters other than Kirito and Asuna.
I'm interested in seeing a crossover fighting game with not just these characters, but SEGA characters too.

Chrono.

Bra

Sounds like a good idea if he doesn't want to base his moves on his fire attribute attacks. Will keep my eye on it.
The dude said they're coming out on the 31st of this month.

Except this month doesn't have a 31st.

It's fake.

D

Deleted member

My unpopular Smash-related opinion...

I'm not concerned about overrepresentation of games, franchises, or third parties in Smash. I think characters should get in because of their own merits.

I might post some non-Smash opinions later.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well since it's unpopular opinions now. Here's some of mine.

-I love the castlevania 64 games.

-Although I'm gay, I have no interest in Bioware's games.

-I like Jigglypuff and I want to see her in Pokken.

-I like Dark Pit in Smash now.

- I prefer Brawl over Melee.

- Ocarina of Time although a great game is way overrated.

-Final Fantasy V is one of my top 3 favourite Final Fantasy games.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd take all those characters, but lol, Geno is such a long shot. I can get Shovel Knight and the Yokai Watch cat and how they'd be picked to release together, but Geno?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
New leak, gais and gals

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/310219390/i-can-say-with-100-certainty-that-shovel-knight

I was in the same boat as you and probably still is but you will find that LP group you like, remember what I said, GROUP.

>OP says there will be a pic or a video.

>Forty keks

...Actually, is Geno popular in Europe?

I suppose it works out with the whole "3 characters for 3 regions" thing if so...

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The only one of those three that even remotely makes sense is Jibanyan considering how huge and iconic Yokai Watch is over in Japan.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
>OP says there will be a pic or a video.

>Forty keks

...Actually, is Geno popular in Europe?

I suppose it works out with the whole "3 characters for 3 regions" thing if so...
Do we even have a consensus for popular characters over there? All I ever usually see is polls from NA and Japan.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I suppose Jibanyan (Did I spell it right?) is sort of like the Shovel Knight of Japan.... (As in, very popular young third party that is planned for a release overseas but isn't out yet but still has a lot of ballot support over there. Except Yokai Watch isn't indie).

Not sure how likely he is but even then, I'd probably rather see Layton as Level-5's character....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Im late for these unpopular opinion thing but:
are you sure you want to read this?
sure?
really? okay.....
-Roy is my favorite FE character. Yes, the one with the fire sword. Yes the one from Melee.
-I don't find Robin as unique as people make it out to be.
-I would have prefered Balloon Fighter over the Ice Climbers.
-Lucina and Marth are meh for me. I prefer Roy, Ike and Robin personally.
-The Nostalgia Critic stopped beign funny for me since 2013.
-I don't care if people say that you must play a charater's game to like them, for me that's a stupid argument. I like Roy and R.O.B despite not having played their games. (in the case of Roy i have played his game but i haven't beat it yet due to beign a lazy guy)
-I don't like Madoka Magica.
-Despite Joseph Joestar beign my favorite JoJo, i think Part 2 is among the weakest parts of the series.
-The only reason i joined SmashBoards is becuase of Speculation. (and i will leave these boards once it ends)

Sorry Guys

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Video proof/picture proof should really be something you have BEFORE you claim to have a leak, even it's fake, you should've already had your fake imagery ready.

Otherwise why the weight?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I suppose Jibanyan (Did I spell it right?) is sort of like the Shovel Knight of Japan.... (As in, very popular young third party that is planned for a release overseas but isn't out yet but still has a lot of ballot support over there. Except Yokai Watch isn't indie).

Not sure how likely he is but even then, I'd probably rather see Layton as Level-5's character....
Also, Yokai Watch is a much bigger franchise, despite also being new due to all the merchandise it has, the millions of copies it sold in games as well as the anime, so not really comparable to Shovel Knight, who, in the grand scale of things, isn't big anywhere (his one game didn't even sell 1 million copies..yet).

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Fake text leaks on 4chan like to go with Rayman.
Which makes sense, but I'm curious to see who else they vote for. You know, besides worldwide picks like K. Rool and the like.

Video proof/picture proof should really be something you have BEFORE you claim to have a leak, even it's fake, you should've already had your fake imagery ready.

Gotta try to keep it alive for those 15 minutes of fame.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Well I'm going to tell you lot my most unpopular opinion for Smash, and I'm prepared to get a lot of hate for this

I think Smash should never of added 3rd party characters, and I feel the next game shouldn't have any return

Please don't kill me for that one

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

These leakers have really let themselves go. In a twist of fate their guts are now leaking out of their favorite shirts.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well since it's unpopular opinions now. Here's some of mine.

-I love the castlevania 64 games.

-Although I'm gay, I have no interest in Bioware's games.

-I like Jigglypuff and I want to see her in Pokken.

-I like Dark Pit in Smash now.

- I prefer Brawl over Melee.

- Ocarina of Time although a great game is way overrated.

-Final Fantasy V is one of my top 3 favourite Final Fantasy games.
You aren't the only one that wants Jigglypuff in Pokken, tons of people requested her.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well I'm going to tell you lot my most unpopular opinion for Smash, and I'm prepared to get a lot of hate for this

I think Smash should never of added 3rd party characters, and I feel the next game shouldn't have any return

Please don't kill e for that one
You're not alone and I will actually agree with you on that regard. I wouldn't mind Smash to be Nintendo exclusive again. And this is coming from a guys who loves all the third party entries and want some myself but Smash is a Nintendo franchise and I want more from Nintendo.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
New leak, gais and gals

Lol, I doubt geno( i still like his character though) is DLC, but I'd buy him. I also don't think Yokai Watch will get a character yet... Maybe next smash. He's to much of an unknown character in the west. But then again that would be SK in Japan... so I wouldn't immediately say he is not happening. Still don't buy it though. Concepts are interesting though. Although I do look forward to what "evidence" he pulls out of his *** to try and prove it's not fake.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I for one think if you want only Nintendo franchises in Smash you're forgetting that Nintendo's history isn't just Nintendo. It's also it's relationships with third parties and thus if you want no third parties? You're not being true to Nintendo's history. Nintendo NEEDS third parties both in general and in Smash.

Nintendo didn't get to where it is today all on it's own. Mostly on it's own? Yes, but there's a reason that third party support is one of the things they're chasing after again.

And the fact that there is third party fear in the Smash fanbase and Nintendo fanbase in general is one of the biggest problems it has and THAT is MY unpopular opinion.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Please don't kill me for that one
I might agree, if not for the fact that what company they belonged to had no influence on their inclusion.
Except maaaaaybe Pac-Man.
But even Miyamoto wanted Pac-Man.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Also, Yokai Watch is a much bigger franchise, despite also being new due to all the merchandise it has, the millions of copies it sold in games as well as the anime, so not really comparable to Shovel Knight, who, in the grand scale of things, isn't big anywhere (his one game didn't even sell 1 million copies..yet).
Well I did say sort of....ish....

Yokai Watch is indeed a much bigger and more successful franchise, mainly because it belongs to a much bigger company that can do more for it. Which would make it a bit odd if Sakurai wanted to include a young-ish but successful third party. But then again, since he didn't really want to include Takamaru due to lack of western familiarity. I don't think I can really see him including either of those two until their games have come out overseas respectively......

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I for one am going to start a leak while I'm still named J.B., that way Justin Bieber is flooded with Smash Brothers fans wondering what the **** he knows about why Knuckles, Jean Grey from Marvel Comics, and the Rooster on the Corn Flakes box are coming to Smash Brothers.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I for one think if you want only Nintendo franchises in Smash you're forgetting that Nintendo's history isn't just Nintendo. It's also it's relationships with third parties and thus if you want no third parties? You're not being true to Nintendo's history. Nintendo NEEDS third parties both in general and in Smash.

Nintendo didn't get to where it is today all on it's own. Mostly on it's own? Yes, but there's a reason that third party support is one of the things they're chasing after again.

And the fact that they're is third party fear in the Smash fanbase and Nintendo fanbase in general is one of the biggest problems it has and THAT is my MY unpopular opinion.
Bravo good sir, bravo.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
SOOOO without further adieu...

Unpopular Smash Opinions:
*Melee isn't just overhyped. It needs to die if we want to have a chance of moving forward as a community.
*While actively preventing a portion of your fanbase from playing competitively is inexcusable, I respect Sakurai more than I do most developers these days.
*Sakurai is allowed to be biased to his own creations.
*There are no "entitled" characters, just Nintendo characters and some third parties.
*No third party character should ever be considered to have no chance at all (Assuming the character is still a VIDEO GAME character)
*NoA needs to stop supporting the competitive Smash scene. I do NOT mean this in a bad way, I'm glad they do, but so long as Nintendo itself/Sakurai fights against it like they do, it's just too much of a conflict of interest.
*I enjoyed the SSE. I enjoy Brawl too, but I don't go back to it nearly as often as I would other Smash games and Project M.
*Ridley is, in fact, too big for Smash.
*Smash 4 is bae.

Nintendo/General Gaming Opinions:

*While I will never deny the historical significance/impact of Ocarina of Time, it is far, far, FAR from being one of the greatest games of all time.
*With that said, there IS NO SUCH THING as "The greatest game of all time", just like there's no such thing as a perfect human being. It is perfectly okay for any game to be your "Favorite" of all time, but there will never truly be a "best ever". Historical significance, impact and the like can be argued, but not much else.
*I'm looking forward to Federation Force. It seems like a great opportunity to build the Metroid Universe outside of Samus, and learn more about the world itself rather than the world that revolves around Samus.
*I would play Sonic 06 5 times over before going back to games like Shadow The Hedgehog, Secret Rings, and Rise of Lyric. It is still a trash game, though.
*I actually think Sonic & The Black Knight is a pretty damn good game.
*I do not believe any game company is beyond redemption. Not even Konami, Sega, and Ubisoft and the like. But it will still take boarderline insane effort for them to reach that point.
*This generation of consoles and games is the worst so far.
*Nintendo is the least scummy of all non-indie companies right now. I say that even with the dumb crap they pull like YouTube Ad Revenue and the works. So far I've found most of their policies to be sound. But they are NOT a flawless company.
*With the above being said, loving a particular company and supporting them through their mistakes is not being a "Blind Fanboy". It just means the problems with them do not bother you as much as it may other people. Everyone sees things from different angles.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also, I'll entertain that the 31st is a typo. Only because I want to see the result of what terrible pictures or videos he comes up with.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

And the fact that there is third party fear in the Smash fanbase and Nintendo fanbase in general is one of the biggest problems it has and THAT is my MY unpopular opinion.
Except one problem with what your saying, Smash is something that celebrates Nintendo FRANCHISES, as in the ones owned by Nintendo, the others are guests and guests only, but like I said that's just how I feel.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Except one problem with what your saying, Smash is something that celebrates Nintendo FRANCHISES, as in the ones owned by Nintendo, the others are guests and guests only, but like I said that's just how I feel.
Nah, son.

It's celebrating Nintendo's HISTORY.

It's apparent from the start when Sakurai even put third parties in his mind from the first sequel on.

After all the man was even considering James Bond, because one of the most memorable games in the N64's history is a James Bond game.

Each Nintendo system has just as many memorable third party games as Nintendo's own IPS and to ignore them completely in a game clearly designed by the author of the series itself to celebrate Nintendo's history is being completely dishonest to not only said franchise but Nintendo itself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom