• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This talk about Federation Force only reminds me of the absurd overreaction certain people had. Humanity at its finest... :rolleyes::smirk:

Oh, but don't mind me and my misanthropic rambles... You know, back in my younger days, I just played whatever games I wanted and as long as I had fun doing so, everything was fine.

Now, the so-called "gamers" will whine about anything and everything in games. Since when did people start getting so picky?

Also, Ocarina of Time was and still is great. The graphics are a bit dated, but the gameplay is still solid. The 3DS remake amends the graphical aspect while retaining the great gameplay of the original.

Wind Waker is still the best Zelda for me, regardless.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I went to the Brawl character threads and... WOW, the salt and denial were real.
Like seriously, people complaining about R.O.B, saying things like Lucario is a clone, Ness over Claus is stupid, Geno deserves to be in Smash more than R.O.B., Wolf over Krystal is disgusting, if Wario is in K.Rool needs to be in, Isaac is a shoo-in and the Brawl leaks with Wolf are fake, Ridley can't be a boss, a 35 characters roster is terrible, Sakurai is stupid because he added a second Fox clone, etc.

It was funny and sad at the same time, there was also a "Brawl @Burb ", his name was A Link to the Snitch and he went to all the popular threads saying that those characters had no chances and that the leaks were real, explaining with logical arguments... everybody said he was a troll.
This was one of his posts "When Ridley, Geno, Krystal, and Claus are NPCs, I expect you to come back on your knees and apologize."

It was interesting.
I remember when Soulcaliber 4 was announced people were saying, "Hey, what if Darth Vader is in Smash?" :facepalm:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This talk about Federation Force only reminds me of the absurd overreaction certain people had. Humanity at its finest... :rolleyes::smirk:

Oh, but don't mind me and my misanthropic rambles... You know, back in my younger days, I just played whatever games I wanted and as long as I had fun doing so, everything was fine.

Now, the so-called "gamers" will whine about anything and everything in games. Since when did people start getting so picky?

Also, Ocarina of Time was and still is great. The graphics are a bit dated, but the gameplay is still solid. The 3DS remake amends the graphical aspect while retaining the great gameplay of the original.

So gamers can't complain? Hell, whining has proven useful in the past funny enough. Some game publishers are pretty anti-consumer so whining is perfect for that. People got picky once we had a larger selection of games, but Federation Force had one major problem: Timing. It's the first game since Other M, a game most Metroid fans wish to forget. The last time we had a true Metroid game is 2007 and unless a rumoured 2D game is true, it's going to be longer. Had a different Metroid game been confirmed to at least be in development when FF was announced, then the backlash wouldn't be nearly as bad as it was

D

Deleted member

OoT isn't even fun tbh

I like Mario 64 DS

Melee aged terribly

I dislike most Gen 1 Pokemon

FE was always anime

Chorus Kid will never be in Smash

I like Game Theory

Pikmin 3>Pikmin 2

Boys in girl clothes>>>anything else

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
OoT isn't even fun tbh

I like Mario 64 DS

Melee aged terribly

FE was always anime

I like Game Theory

Pikmin 3>Pikmin 2

You may want to clarify that with @ PushDustIn PushDustIn , you may be suprised.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I do not identify myself with most of the video game community despite being someone who plays video games a lot.

So gamers can't complain? Hell, whining has proven useful in the past funny enough. Some game publishers are pretty anti-consumer so whining is perfect for that. People got picky once we had a larger selection of games, but Federation Force had one major problem: Timing. It's the first game since Other M, a game most Metroid fans wish to forget. The last time we had a true Metroid game is 2007 and unless a rumoured 2D game is true, it's going to be longer. Had a different Metroid game been confirmed to at least be in development when FF was announced, then the backlash wouldn't be nearly as bad as it was
I judge games by gameplay, story, experience, music, sound, software quality and so on. All of them are separate: Other M had a poorly written story, but the gameplay was solid, had few bugs, the soundtrack wasn't bad (even though not memorable).

When are they announced or whatever the hell kind of excuses people make to whine, those are irrelevant to the inherent quality of a game. The games are announced and released whenever companies want to do, but how does that affect the QUALITY of the game itself? Of course, a delayed game may get more polished and all that, but what matters to the experience is what gets released in the market.

People can't be judging Federation Force if they haven't played it. If they haven't put their hands in the game, how are they qualified to judge it in the first place? They aren't.

The Metroid fans are causing a ruckus over things that don't matter to how games should be judged: as games.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Guys please.
Unpopular opinions have a thread.
I did not need to know someone here thinks Zelda is a boring series. Now I'm going to be sad for the rest of my day.
To be fair, it's not that I don't like the series but it isn't my cup of tea. The playstyle just never gelled with me.

Although I blame my pure hatred for Quest For Camelot for GBC for my hatred of almost all Zelda-like games.

Petty, but you gotta understand how bad that game is.

OoT isn't even fun tbh

I like Mario 64 DS

Melee aged terribly

FE was always anime

I like Game Theory

Pikmin 3>Pikmin 2

I can agree with majority of these tbh. That isn't that bad

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Guys please.
Unpopular opinions have a thread.
I did not need to know someone here thinks Zelda is a boring series. Now I'm going to be sad for the rest of my day.
Pretty sure that got locked if I recall correctly..... Twice....

Which I suppose we should probably not get too carried away with this current discussion then.....

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I do not identify myself with most of the video game community despite being someone who plays video games a lot.

I judge games by gameplay, story, experience, music, sound, software quality and so on. All of them are separate: Other M had a poorly written story, but the gameplay was solid, had few bugs, the soundtrack wasn't bad (even though not memorable).

When are they announced or whatever the hell kind of excuses people make to whine, those are irrelevant to the inherent quality of a game. The games are announced and released whenever companies want to do, but how does that affect the QUALITY of the game itself? Of course, a delayed game may get more polished and all that, but what matters to the experience is what gets released in the market.

People can't be judging Federation Force if they haven't played it. If they haven't put their hands in the game, how are they qualified to judge it in the first place? They aren't.

The Metroid fans are causing a ruckus over things that don't matter to how games should be judged: as games.
I wouldn't call Other M's gameplay solid. Dpad in 3D environment, search sections, not being able to move in first person and not being able to explore. I call Other M a decent game but a terrible Metroid game, it tried catering to the people who don't like Metroid and alienated the people who do like Metroid. I think the whinig made Tanabe realize it has to be a damn near perfect game, we don't know what's going on there. Also, overall quality doesn't mean anything. Mass Effect 3 was a wellreceived game outside of the ending. Fans whined, EA decided to give them what they want. We're the people who buy the games, AKA give the companies money, if anyone whines, then our whining is the best against them

Yes!

Darth Vader in Smash would be awesome. Not a video game character, but who cares. It's ****ing Darth Vader.

Then we'd have Vader grab a Beam Sword and awesomeness would ensue.
Boba Fett/Han Solo AT
Death star as a stage
etc etc
I wouldn't call Other M's gameplay solid. Dpad in 3D environment, search sections, not being able to move in first person and not being able to explore. I call Other M a decent game but a terrible Metroid game, it tried catering to the people who don't like Metroid and alienated the people who do like Metroid. I think the whinig made Tanabe realize it has to be a damn near perfect game, we don't know what's going on there. Also, overall quality doesn't mean anything. Mass Effect 3 was a wellreceived game outside of the ending. Fans whined, EA decided to give them what they want. We're the people who buy the games, AKA give the companies money, if anyone whines, then our whining is the best against them
Just because we buy the games doesn't inherently give us the right to be angry. If the game is bad fine, but video game fans can be WAY too demanding in pretty much everything.

I don't even need to give examples.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Choir Boys.
To avoid a pointless argument, I'll just quote this
I said said said said:
Yes!

Darth Vader in Smash would be awesome. Not a video game character, but who cares. It's ****ing Darth Vader.

Then we'd have Vader grab a Beam Sword and awesomeness would ensue.
Darth Vader is the only non-video game character I would like
Then he turns out to be a Falcon clone :troll:
Why am I not surprised?
I'm going to be surprised if someone IS surprised
To be fair, it's not that I don't like the series but it isn't my cup of tea. The playstyle just never gelled with me.

Although I blame my pure hatred for Quest For Camelot for GBC for my hatred of almost all Zelda-like games.

Petty, but you gotta understand how bad that game is.

I can agree with majority of these tbh. That isn't that bad
I would be hunted down if I posted those on the forums of their respective fanbases actually

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Pretty sure that got locked if I recall correctly.....

Which I suppose we should probably not get too carried away with this current discussion then.....
The thread isn't lock, it's still standing and going.
Just go to the Light House, it's there and hasn't been locked.

It's kinda hard for me to call it a good overall game. The gameplay is jarring, killing enemies look and feel way too simple and the boss fights aside from Ridley aren't fun. And it doesn't help that the game destroys any instance of exploration.

Chrono.

2 things:
  • This thread moved 3 pages and I was only gone for an hour, thought something big had happened smh
  • I started Infamous Second Son and it's alright so far

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Unpopular opinions.

• Xenoblade is great but its overrated.
  • Same with Earthbound
  • And Paper Mario games
  • Link Between Worlds wasn't the perfect game people say it is
  • Super Mario World is only okay.
  • Animal Crossing is boring
  • Other M was good barring the story
  • People instantly inflate the quality of any series that gets a character in smash and downplay the quality of those that don't

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My possibly unpopular opinions:
- Smash 4 > Melee
- Brawl > Melee
- Ridley is an overrated character (though I wouldn't mind him at all being playable in Smash)
- Dark Pit in Smash isn't a bad thing at all
- Ganondorf is one of my all time favorite characters and I don't mind his Smash moveset
- Video game fanbases are overall terrible
- Wind Waker is the best Zelda
- Federation Force doesn't seem horrible as the Metroid fanbase paints it
- SJWs and #GamerGate are both stains in the video game industry
- Zelda: Skyward Sword is a great game
- Ignoring the story, Metroid: Other M is actually an enjoyable game
- Despite being an anime fan, I dislike obsessive otakus
- The anime fanbase can be just as terrible as the video game fanbases
- The first generation of Pokémon was great at the time, but has aged terribly
- I prefer 8-bit games over games that are more like wannabe movies
- Anyone praising game developers as god-like figures is silly

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

I started getting picky since I was born, lol :)

But not the pickiness you talk about. I am picky in the way that I don;t enjoy much and it does take a lot for me to be impressed.....which seems what nintendo is doing though. If I play a type of game I would like, then it starts to matter less. But in this case, if I don;t care, I jsut don;t play it.....

Like I just mean that I'm not the type of people that would rant if paper mario isn;t in, considering he got a stage, idk why I would tbh, I wanted a music at the very least.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Here's an opinion that's very unpopular.

Ocarina of Time has aged TERRIBLY.

I'm done, but I can go on why.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
My possibly unpopular opinions:- Video game fanbases are overall terrible
These are facts

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
We're doing unpopular opinions?

Welp.

I'm just going to go do.....something and come back when this discussion is over, because with this place's track record...

Argument in 3, 2,....

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, interpret it as you want, but I feel that you mgith classify it as unpopular:

I love super paper mario and I think it perfectly belongs in the series as much as TTYD.

Like, I see a lot that just hate spm while I just look at SS and starts to wonder what is the problem with spm where ss had much more issues......

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
My possibly unpopular opinions:
- Smash 4 > Melee
- Brawl > Melee
- Ridley is an overrated character (though I wouldn't mind him at all being playable in Smash)
- Dark Pit in Smash isn't a bad thing at all
- Ganondorf is one of my all time favorite characters and I don't mind his Smash moveset
- Video game fanbases are overall terrible
- Federation Force doesn't seem horrible as the Metroid fanbase paints it
- Ignoring the story, Metroid: Other M is actually an enjoyable game
- Despite being an anime fan, I dislike obsessive otakus
- The anime fanbase can be just as terrible as the video game fanbases
This is basically my thoughts. Oh and imo, K. Rool is incredibly overated.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
One Unpopular opinion.

Shadow the Hedgehog (game) < Sonic 06.

Yup, I said it.

Also, Unleashed is my favorite 3D sonic game, period. Don't hate the Werehog (sees it's flaws though) and still love the game despite Eggmanland. **** Eggmanland.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I will say. Let's be careful with this.

Let's not turn our unpopular opinions into overly negative hate fests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom