• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The Moblin Spear is also my favourite enemy weapon, also makes the most sense for a ranged weapon, though if a moblin hits you with it's fists, you get sent further. Makes you wonder why they bother. If Zelda U does this I will be a happy girl. Then again, Bullet Time Bows
Personally, I would love if Wind Waker actually let you keep the enemy weapons.
If I had to choose though:

(this is kinda big)
But yeah. :p
Weren't we forming a chain of rhetorical questions as answers to rhetorical questions?
Yes?

D

Deleted member

The **** are those?

After beating Phantom Ganon who oddly enough only used Dead Man's Volley once, I saw the hammer and imagined Link breaking down the walls to reach the Helmrock King while heavy metal played. So satisfying, second favourite weapon in terms of combat, the winner is Ice Arrows
The best part is that you use it in the Helmaroc King fight and that is also my favorite boss in a 3D Zelda game
I like when it's personal :p
Speaking of Zelda games, I love how the single most broken Zelda item ever is, of all things, the boomerang in Link's Awakening. The fact that it can one-hit kill the final boss is hilarious.
Speaking of that, Nightmare is probably my favorite boss in any Zelda game.
In fact, Link's Awakening is one of my favorite Zelda games, "the ending changes everything" and makes you question if the Nightmares were truly evil

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wind Waker will never ever make me excited. Hate it. Lol
You REALLY had to be that guy
Plz bring back the ability to use enemy items in Zelda U kthx.
I'd also love to see what's his face from Twilight Princess to return, the dragon Argarok or something, the setting looks more technological so futuristic weapons would be awesome. Hell, imagine the Master Sword being upgraded to a light saber. I'd like to see the Beetle again but as a small drone that fires Deku Nuts or something

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I went to the Brawl character threads and... WOW, the salt and denial were real.
Like seriously, people complaining about R.O.B, saying things like Lucario is a clone, Ness over Claus is stupid, Geno deserves to be in Smash more than R.O.B., Wolf over Krystal is disgusting, if Wario is in K.Rool needs to be in, Isaac is a shoo-in and the Brawl leaks with Wolf are fake, Ridley can't be a boss, a 35 characters roster is terrible, Sakurai is stupid because he added a second Fox clone, etc.

It was funny and sad at the same time, there was also a "Brawl @Burb ", his name was A Link to the Snitch and he went to all the popular threads saying that those characters had no chances and that the leaks were real, explaining with logical arguments... everybody said he was a troll.
This was one of his posts "When Ridley, Geno, Krystal, and Claus are NPCs, I expect you to come back on your knees and apologize."

It was interesting.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I went to the Brawl character threads and... WOW, the salt and denial were real.
Like seriously, people complaining about R.O.B, saying things like Lucario is a clone, Ness over Claus is stupid, Geno deserves to be in Smash more than R.O.B., Wolf over Krystal is disgusting, if Wario is in K.Rool needs to be in, Isaac is a shoo-in and the Brawl leaks with Wolf are fake, Ridley can't be a boss, a 35 characters roster is terrible, Sakurai is stupid because he added a second Fox clone, etc.

It was funny and sad at the same time, there was also a "Brawl @Burb ", his name was A Link to the Snitch and he went to all the popular threads saying that those characters had no chances and that the leaks were real, explaining with logical arguments... everybody said he was a troll.
This was one of his posts "When Ridley, Geno, Krystal, and Claus are NPCs, I expect you to come back on your knees and apologize."

It was interesting.
actually, here;s a fun story, I found old paper mario argument in brawl time and......

GOOD GOD THIS WAS SO MUCH WORSE THAT NOW!

And I mean this for both side tbh. The haters would even go as far to tell that vivian should be in, they would deny ANY differences (seriously, it might just be the artstyle ONLY while the real story is jsut much more).

But the supporters sides were meh too like I am not kidding guys, I saw comments that paper mario should go over mario......

......and then I look at now and I feel I shouldn't complain as much because at least people learned a lot now compared to then......

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

It was interesting.
Yeah, went to read through those threads one day...not fun. I see speculation still hasn't changed either.

For better or for worst.

Soul.

Speculation will always remain the same because it's so simple.
Competitiveness on the other hand... muh "I hate competitive Smash"

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

It was interesting.
When different fanbases are combined in a crossover between different IPs, the Fan Dumb multiplies. The fact that almost every single newcomer added to Brawl, with a few exception, were heavily requested character, especially Sonic the Hedgehog, who only managed to make it in at the last minute precisely due to popularity, as well as the fact no true clones were added with Lucas and Wolf pretty much being their own thing despite superficial similarities to other characters, highlights just how especially whiny and ungrateful people at the time were for acting like Sakurai didn't care about the fans.

Speculation will always remain the same because it's so simple.
Competitiveness on the other hand... muh "I hate competitive Smash"
You know for someone who hates speculation with the passion of a thousand exploding suns you sure do stay around a group that was formed purely for speculatory purpose a lot. . .

>implying anyone here hates competitive smash

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
*See's unpopular opinions is the topic*
I would post my unpopular opinion but I'd rather keep my innards inside me.

D

Deleted member

I'm actually more excited for Federation Force than I am to Star Fox Zero

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hey i'm excited for FF too.

I just don't have Sylux as an underlying reason. :troll:
Hey, I was excited for FF ever since the moment it was announced.

The direct comment about Sylux(which @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei correctly predicted would make me **** bricks) wasn't made until a few days after the Digital Event and only contributed to my excitement more.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Unpopular opinion #327:
I actually like the Naruto fighting games
And I liked the anime until the end of the Pain arc
More like: shaneful confessions

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Hey i'm excited for FF too.

I just don't have Sylux as an underlying reason. :troll:
Wasn't Sylux confirmed to not be in Fed ****up?
*See's unpopular opinions is the topic*
I would post my unpopular opinion but I'd rather keep my innards inside me.
I hate Mario Galaxy 2 and it's the only Galaxy game I played. Beat that

Soul.

You know for someone who hates speculation with the passion of a thousand exploding suns you sure do stay around a group that was formed purely for speculatory purpose a lot. . .

>implying anyone here hates competitive smash
I'd post more if this thread talked about Nintendo stuff, not just Smash ._.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
But couldn't one just apply any miniscule attribute to a clone character and make them different enough using that logic?

I'm gonna use Lucina as an example. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that Lucina was identical to Marth in everything save for having equal damage along the whole blade at the game's launch. Sakurai stated that she was originally gonna be an alt but was made playable due to "the characteristics of their attacks being different." But couldn't that apply to any character?

For example, I could say that Dry Bowser would be a good alt for Bowser, but then ponder the idea further and say, "You know, since Dry Bowser lacks skin and muscles, I could make him a faster Bowser that's easier to launch." Wouldn't it be the same as Lucina's case?

Not saying that I would have wanted Lucina to be an alt, she's one of my mains after all, but I'm confused on when exactly can we say that a character would play 100% identical or not when we can apply any random attribute to similar characters and say that they are different enough to have a different slot.
Exactly. Well said.

Be right back, gonna petition for Dry Bowser in Smash 4...~ ;3

I suppose i'll throw my unpopular opinions in.

• Wanting or not wanting a character because of the series they come from is dumb
  • Federation Force could easily be great and the amount of dislike for it is absurd especially because what we have seen from an early stage was pretty darn good . The timing is horrendous but the crucifixion of the game is dumb. (i'll give them blast ball though)
  • Sonic 06 had humongous potential. If it was actually finished it probably would have been amazing.
  • The original Metroid is horrendously dated. Than goodness zero mission exists. which i still need to play. Not on eshop though
  • Master Chief would be super fun in smash. A terrible choice bu still super fun.
And this is where I die
Ocarina of time did not age as well as everyone says.
It was probably the greatest game ever made at the time but that was a while ago.
And another one only really unpopular here
  • Sora would be awesome in smash

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'm excited for FF, Fates, Paper Jam, and Star Fox. And of course Smash DLC.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The timing is horrendous but the crucifixion of the game is dumb. (i'll give them blast ball though)
  • Sonic 06 had humongous potential. If it was actually finished it probably would have been amazing.
  • The original Metroid is horrendously dated. Than goodness zero mission exists.
  • Ocarina of time did not age as well as everyone says.
These aren't unpopular opinions. While I bash Fed ****up I'm willing to give it a chance when it releases

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Wanting or not wanting a character because of the series they come from is dumb
Yes.
Federation Force could easily be great and the amount of dislike for it is absurd especially because what we have seen from an early stage was pretty darn good. The timing is horrendous but the crucifixion of the game is dumb
Yes.

Sonic 06 had humongous potential. If it was actually finished it probably would have been amazing.
Never played, can't comment.

The original Metroid is horrendously dated. Than goodness zero mission exists. which i still need to play. Not on eshop though
Yes.
Master Chief would be super fun in smash. A terrible choice bu still super fun.
No opinion on it.
And this is where I die
It was probably the greatest game ever made at the time but that was a while ago.
YES.

Definitely of the same opinion there.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Looking forward to Hyrule Warriors Legends, FE Fates, Bravely Second, and Smash DLC.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The Legend of Zelda series is uninteresting and boring. Except for Hyrule Warriors.

I prefer the Genesis over the SNES

I'm interested in Federation Force

I like Smash 4 over Melee

Superman is a better hero than Batman

Megaman X series and Battle Network series is better than the classic series

I like Digimon more than Pokemon

@ PushDustIn PushDustIn is the better mod :shiro:

Butts>Breast

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I suppose i'll throw my unpopular opinions in.

• Wanting or not wanting a character because of the series they come from is dumb
  • Federation Force could easily be great and the amount of dislike for it is absurd especially because what we have seen from an early stage was pretty darn good . The timing is horrendous but the crucifixion of the game is dumb. (i'll give them blast ball though)
  • The original Metroid is horrendously dated. Than goodness zero mission exists. which i still need to play. Not on eshop though
  • Master Chief would be super fun in smash. A terrible choice bu still super fun.
And this is where I die
Agree with all except master chief in Smash. Don't know how he would play honestly. And Metroid on the NES is a terrible game in my opinion compared to the others. I'd rather play Other M than go through that confusing game.

And 3DS version of Ocarina of Time is best version. Doesn't answer the question you said though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom